NFL 2019 - 20 Season with Playoffs

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jeff V

Re: NFL 2019 - 20 Season

Post by Jeff V »

Going for broke with Mack looked like a brilliant move a year ago, but Trubinsky's failure to develop will probably doom the team for another decade. But it's not just Trubinsky. It seems they expected anyone bearing the designation of RB would preform admirably in the offense, and Montgomery hasn't done that. They also lost a top-tier receiving tight end and haven't sufficiently replaced Zach Miller. They could use another top tier WR too, the ones they have aren't bad but they're not proven game-breakers either.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Now that the Chargers and Rams are both out, I'm rooting for the 49ers (whom I will never forgive for destroying the Chargers in their lone super bowl) to go undefeated and win it all. Both to shut up the '72 Dolphins and force Brady to retire in despair.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Great MNF game, 'Hawks lucked out.
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:09 am Great MNF game, 'Hawks lucked out.
meh they didn't get lucky, they capitalized on niner's mistakes. Like letting Russel get out of the box where he does his best work. And JimmyG throwing too high all game long. Don't blame the kicker as he is a rookie and put in a bad place.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

That's what you get for beating my Chargers. :lol:
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Jaymann wrote:That's what you get for beating my Chargers. Image
Well show up next time

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Jeff V wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:03 pm
Remus West wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:07 pm I expect it to be Trubisky's redemption game. He will light the Lions up and be again hailed as the savior the Bears have been looking for.
If he does, it's because I have the Loins DST starting this week. I also have Stafford starting as a bye week replacement for Watson.
Don't say I didn't warn you. Sorry I didn't notice this sooner or I'd have told you to grab literally any other DST.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Remus West wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:44 pm
Remus West wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:07 pm I expect it to be Trubisky's redemption game. He will light the Lions up and be again hailed as the savior the Bears have been looking for.
If he does, it's because I have the Loins DST starting this week. I also have Stafford starting as a bye week replacement for Watson.
Don't say I didn't warn you. Sorry I didn't notice this sooner or I'd have told you to grab literally any other DST.
LordMortis wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:03 pm > Stafford will cease to play out of mind ....
I'm going to take that as close enough to say I warned everyone.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yahoo
It’s fair to be cynical about the entire story of the NFL suddenly springing an offer to Kaepernick of a pro-day style workout on Saturday in Atlanta. Part of that will be seeing all the NFL teams in attendance that could have reached out at any point to offer Kaepernick a private workout.

Dolphins coach Brian Flores said his team will be in Atlanta, making them the first team to publicly RSVP to the peculiar event. After that, Lions coach Matt Patricia said his team would be in attendance, and sources told Mike Fisher of 105.3 The Fan in Dallas that the Cowboys would attend.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Almost has to be part of the settlement they came to.
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lorini wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:50 pm Almost has to be part of the settlement they came to.
Its been reported to definitively not be part of the settlement.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Remus West wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:44 pm
??? I got 35 points from the Lions. The Chargers (my other DST) put up 16 (last week they gave me 45). That wasn't the problem, the problem was I had to drop Stafford and pick up Hoyer when I could have just started my Shiatsu instead and saved the $5 transaction fee.
Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

You got 35 points from that defense?! What the hell scoring system do you use where a crappy defensive outing is better than a good QB in a normal scoring system?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Remus West wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:05 am You got 35 points from that defense?! What the hell scoring system do you use where a crappy defensive outing is better than a good QB in a normal scoring system?
Every team starts with 60 points and generally goes down from there. 20 points for scoring, 20 points for passing defense and 20 points for rushing defense. Then you gain points for sacks, turnovers, and defense/ST touchdowns.

The Bears running game was shutdown, less than 100 yards total. Trubinsky was held to 173 yards passing and was sacked 4 times. Those are pretty good numbers, the Lions just did not stop them in the red zone. The points part of the DST equation gave me 0 on points, but 8 points for sacks and decent points for rushing and passing defense.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:41 pm
Lorini wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:50 pm Almost has to be part of the settlement they came to.
I'm trying to figure out the NFL's angle here. That they sprung this on Kaeperneck suddenly and have been completely inflexible on the details suggests that this isn't a real opportunity, or that the NFL is playing some kind of game. The most obvious one is just that they have this, no one makes an offer, and then the NFL can basically say "see? This was always about his inability to stick on an NFL roster". But I suppose it could also work out if he signed with, say, the Dolphins or the Jets, and then those teams continued to suck and make Kaeperneck look bad.

But the nightmare scenario for the NFL is that Kaeperneck signs with a good team and goes on a deep playoff run, right? Like he signs with the Colts (depending on Brissett's health) or the Jaguars or something and goes on a tear.
Black Lives Matter.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

There's been speculation in the past few weeks that if the Bears aren't already interested, they ought to be. They are just a QB short of being able to go on such a tear.
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Can we move the fantasy talk to the fantasy thread? Thanks :).
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Sounds crazy then. Why in the middle of the season? Thanks for the correction.
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:25 am
I'm trying to figure out the NFL's angle here. That they sprung this on Kaeperneck suddenly and have been completely inflexible on the details suggests that this isn't a real opportunity, or that the NFL is playing some kind of game. The most obvious one is just that they have this, no one makes an offer, and then the NFL can basically say "see? This was always about his inability to stick on an NFL roster". But I suppose it could also work out if he signed with, say, the Dolphins or the Jets, and then those teams continued to suck and make Kaeperneck look bad.

But the nightmare scenario for the NFL is that Kaeperneck signs with a good team and goes on a deep playoff run, right? Like he signs with the Colts (depending on Brissett's health) or the Jaguars or something and goes on a tear.
Because of him there's been a good change in the presentation of the players. We now see commercials showing the community work the players do, as well as the celebration of veterans of the various wars we've been in. So I don't know why they'd continue to hate them, an ego thing I guess.
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lorini wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:37 am
As El Guapo noted, that is the million dollar question. None of it makes any sense. Beyond politics, why wouldn't someone like the Dolphins sign him for the rest of the season? It would probably come down to the contract and how much he wants - if he's willing to take back up money on a prove it deal, it would be hard to say no imo.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:00 pm
Lorini wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:37 am
As El Guapo noted, that is the million dollar question. None of it makes any sense. Beyond politics, why wouldn't someone like the Dolphins sign him for the rest of the season? It would probably come down to the contract and how much he wants - if he's willing to take back up money on a prove it deal, it would be hard to say no imo.
I could see why the Dolphins wouldn't sign him, because they're pretty openly tanking. It's the mid-level teams that could use an upgrade in QB play that I would think would be a natural fit. I mentioned the Colts, but I would think a team like the Broncos would make a fiar amount of sense too.
Black Lives Matter.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

It would make great sense for the Bears, with the caveat that Kap can still play at a high level. He seems like the type of QB that the Bears were hoping Trubisky would be (did I mention the Bears used three draft pick to trade up one slot for Trubisky when Mahomes and Watson were still on the board?). I know they're still trying to work with Trubisky, but the Bears have a short window here when the defense is likely to be championship caliber. Having Kap ready to go for Trubisky's next disaster would be a good idea. Heck, the Bears don't even have to worry about winning too much hurting their draft stock since they traded away most of their draft picks for Trubisky and Mack.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I would be okay if Myles Garrett never plays in the NFL ever again after tonight.
Hodor.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

pr0ner wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:08 am I would be okay if Myles Garrett never plays in the NFL ever again after tonight.
I fell asleep watching last night, and missed it live. I woke up to a replay of Pouncey punching and kicking a Browns player in the head and was profoundly embarrassed. It wasn't until later that I saw the video of Garrett ripping Rudolph's head off and bashing him in the head with it which started the brawl.
paulbaxter

Post by paulbaxter »

I just happened to turn that game on at the very end. Good lord.
No sig, must scream, etc.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Rudolph tried to rip Garrett's helmet off first. Garrett was just better at it.

stessier

Post by stessier »

Reading about it on ESPN doesn't do it justice. The video is insane. Garrett completely lost his mind. He has to be gone for the rest of the year. I'd imagine Pouncy gets 2 games and the other guy who was on top of Garrett gets 1. I bet Mason gets fined for trying to pull Garrett's helmet off at the start.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

At least the season. I can also see this suspension going into next season - a full 16 games. This is the worst thing since Marty McSorley hit Donald Brashear in the head with his stick. In both cases it was a guy who just snapped and lost his mind. It ended McSorley's career. Garrett will certainly have a future in the NFL, but he's going to be watching a lot of it on TV for the near future. The NFL is going to shut that crap down as this is the worst image they could have right now, and on a Thursday night game to boot.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

He used a helmet as a weapon against a player without a helmet. That is about as bad as it gets. Goodbye.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

McNutt wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:49 amThis is the worst thing since Marty McSorley hit Donald Brashear in the head with his stick. In both cases it was a guy who just snapped and lost his mind. It ended McSorley's career.
It also got him convicted of assault!
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Yep. In the locker room McSorely was completely stunned that he actually did that.

What makes the Garrett assault worse is that only a few weeks ago Rudolph had a very nasty concussion that was scary to watch. Now that same guy is back on the field and being hit in the head with his own helmet. Madness.
Last edited by McNutt on Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:57 am

Rudolph tried to rip Garrett's helmet off first. Garrett was just better at it.

I assume that is the Cleveland radio crew since it's not the Steelers radio guys and it's not Westwood One. I love how they gloss over Garrett through that clip.
naednek

Post by naednek »

msteelers wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:06 am
pr0ner wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:08 am I would be okay if Myles Garrett never plays in the NFL ever again after tonight.
I fell asleep watching last night, and missed it live. I woke up to a replay of Pouncey punching and kicking a Browns player in the head and was profoundly embarrassed. It wasn't until later that I saw the video of Garrett ripping Rudolph's head off and bashing him in the head with it which started the brawl.
Well the brawl actually started when Rudolph started going after Garrett after being hit late. You can see Rudolph trying to rip his helmet off but couldn't. Garrett then went beast mode.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

naednek wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:51 pm Well the brawl actually started when Rudolph started going after Garrett after being hit late. You can see Rudolph trying to rip his helmet off but couldn't. Garrett then went beast mode.
A half step after he threw the ball. It wasn't the late hit, it was that he wrapped him up, didn't let go, and took him to the ground after the ball was gone.
naednek

Post by naednek »

sorry didn't see ISG's post.

At this spot from the longer video coverage you can see Rudolph going for the helmet.

naednek

Post by naednek »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:54 pm
naednek wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:51 pm Well the brawl actually started when Rudolph started going after Garrett after being hit late. You can see Rudolph trying to rip his helmet off but couldn't. Garrett then went beast mode.
A half step after he threw the ball. It wasn't the late hit, it was that he wrapped him up, didn't let go, and took him to the ground after the ball was gone.
you're right, wasn't a late hit.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:horse:
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Catching up on this incident this morning. Good lord. :shock:

Garrett is on "indefinite suspension" for now. I'd be perfectly fine if he gets booted from the league forever.

Naednek's link is dead, but this one is up (for now).

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

My video has that at 0:16.

:coffee:
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I’m sure the NFL will work behind the scenes to make sure this doesn’t happen, but there’s talk from the Steelers and Rudolph’s camp of criminal charges.