[series] The Mandalorian ......Disney

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: [series] The Mandalorian ......Disney

Post by Daehawk »

I didn't know that Emily who plays the armorer is a honorary member of the 501st.

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Two observations and a prediction about Moff Gideon:
Spoiler:
  • He was tracking Din Djarin and Grogu's position as they moved through the base toward him, but deliberately didn't send troops to deal with them and didn't confront them himself until after they were able to access and destroy his clone tanks. Assuming that's not just bad writing, it seems likely that those were disposable decoys and he has more clones stashed elsewhere.
  • I didn't see his boots fly off, and didn't even see a body, so I'm not so sure he was killed in the explosion.
  • I don't believe we've seen the last of him, although when next we meet it may be with one of his force-capable clones.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Max Peck wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:00 pm Two observations and a prediction about Moff Gideon:
Spoiler:
  • He was tracking Din Djarin and Grogu's position as they moved through the base toward him, but deliberately didn't send troops to deal with them and didn't confront them himself until after they were able to access and destroy his clone tanks. Assuming that's not just bad writing, it seems likely that those were disposable decoys and he has more clones stashed elsewhere.
  • I didn't see his boots fly off, and didn't even see a body, so I'm not so sure he was killed in the explosion.
  • I don't believe we've seen the last of him, although when next we meet it may be with one of his force-capable clones.
Honestly I do think it was just bad writing.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Max Peck wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:00 pm a prediction about Moff Gideon:
Spoiler:
I didn't see his boots fly off, and didn't even see a body, so I'm not so sure he was killed in the explosion.
Spoiler:
If they had jumped to a shot of two smoking boots right after the puppet threw up a force shield, I would have given them massive kudos.

Enlarge Image
He won. Period.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:07 am
Max Peck wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:00 pm Two observations and a prediction about Moff Gideon:
Spoiler:
Probably, but I'd pay good money to see...
Spoiler:
Giancarlo Esposito as a Force-wielding cyborg wearing enhanced Beskar power armor. Basically, Darth Vader 2.0 on steroids.
And by "good money" I mean the Disney+ subscription that I'll be paying anyway.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Max Peck wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:41 am
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Giancarlo Esposito as a Force-wielding cyborg wearing enhanced Beskar power armor. Basically, Darth Vader 2.0 on steroids.
Spoiler:
But to that point, do they risk totally overshadowing Darth Vader?

Additionally, It could be that he made more clones, not just the ones that were killed - and we do see him again??

But I do agree, they seemed to wrap up that plot a little too clean and quickly, but I also find Esposito so goddamn menacing, I was also a little relieved.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:48 am
Max Peck wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:41 am
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
But to that point, do they risk totally overshadowing Darth Vader?

Additionally, It could be that he made more clones, not just the ones that were killed - and we do see him again??

But I do agree, they seemed to wrap up that plot a little too clean and quickly, but I also find Esposito so goddamn menacing, I was also a little relieved.
Spoiler:
By not showing Gideon actually dying, and by showing clones of Gideon, they left themselves plenty of room to have Gideon back if they ultimately decide that they want to. Although at a certain point you lose any shock value and any significance to the big confrontations if you keep doing stuff like that.

Seems like they're going to use Thrawn as the big villain for season 5 so guessing Gideon won't be back, but who knows for sure.
Black Lives Matter.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Spoiler:
I tend to agree with you.
Black Lives Matter