Hades

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

disarm

Re: Hades

Post by disarm »

Dramatist wrote:Got past the Bone Hydra for the first time this morning. I was using the sword.

I basically use whatever weapon gives me the bonus darkness.

This game is just very well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And what you're seeing is only the beginning...so much more great stuff to discover...
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

And I finally beat a run for the first time last night. I had taken a few days break and came back and played better.

I beat the run with the shield which I wasn’t particularly good with but I had good boons and I’m slowly learning things out about the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Yaaaaaaaaasssss...

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Oh my god. I really didn’t think they would do a sequel.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Scoop20906 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:45 am Oh my god. I really didn’t think they would do a sequel.
Nor did I. This is Supergiant's first.
A nonny mouse

Post by A nonny mouse »

My son will be happy about this!
I find television very educational. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. - Groucho Marx
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Hades remains among my favourite Steam Deck titles. It runs flawlessly on the Steam Deck, and plays as if it were designed for the Deck before the hardware was developed. The gameplay and mechanics are perfectly adapted for gaming on the go, so it's a game that will stay on my Deck permanently.

Anyway, here's hoping the sequel will be as Steam Deck-friendly as the original.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:45 am Hades remains among my favourite Steam Deck titles. It runs flawlessly on the Steam Deck, and plays as if it were designed for the Deck before the hardware was developed. The gameplay and mechanics are perfectly adapted for gaming on the go, so it's a game that will stay on my Deck permanently.
Because it was developed for the Switch alongside PC initially.

And I echo your post, only replacing Steam Deck with Nintendo Switch.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Zaxxon wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:50 am
Anonymous Bosch wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:45 am Hades remains among my favourite Steam Deck titles. It runs flawlessly on the Steam Deck, and plays as if it were designed for the Deck before the hardware was developed. The gameplay and mechanics are perfectly adapted for gaming on the go, so it's a game that will stay on my Deck permanently.
Because it was developed for the Switch alongside PC initially.

And I echo your post, only replacing Steam Deck with Nintendo Switch.
Indeed, that's a good point.

Although one particular aspect I've come to greatly appreciate about gaming on the Steam Deck are its remarkably customizable controls. For example, there's a Community Layout for Hades called 'Elegance - pad focus' that uses the touchpads for moving, dashing, and attacking, which I've quite enjoyed using and further customizing.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:36 amAlthough one particular aspect I've come to greatly appreciate about gaming on the Steam Deck are its remarkably customizable controls. For example, there's a Community Layout for Hades called 'Elegance - pad focus' that uses the touchpads for moving, dashing, and attacking, which I've quite enjoyed using and further customizing.
That is cool.

I've seen a surprising (or perhaps what should not be a surprising) amount of comments to the Hades 2 reveal complaining that Supergiant is just making more of the same for the first time in their history. Which I find... odd? I mean, yes, it's their first sequel. But 1) we have no idea how many tweaks/changes they'll make to the core Hades formula, and 2) there was a huge amount of clamoring for Hades DLC back in its heydey. So I don't get it.

Supergiant has already said that the world is going to be bigger, and from the limited gameplay footage shown in the trailer, it does look to me to be a bit less claustrophobic.

In any case, I'm not ready to jump to any conclusions wrt this being a rote retread of Hades 1. Although, to be clear, if it ends up simply being exactly a Hades 1-style romp but with new weapons/skills/gods/locations/story, I am still 100% in.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

It definitely makes me want to reinstall Hades and give it another go. I never did complete a full run.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:55 am It definitely makes me want to reinstall Hades and give it another go. I never did complete a full run.
:shock:

I did fire it up again after the announcement last night, and while I'm rusty it started coming back real quickly. Such a classic.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:55 am It definitely makes me want to reinstall Hades and give it another go. I never did complete a full run.
Completing a full run of Hades for the first time was one of my better recent gaming experiences.
Hodor.
disarm

Post by disarm »

I made it through with each of the different weapons, the started working on heat levels, but I was never successful enough to experience the true ending of the story. Unfortunately, I started to hit a light bit of a wall, then the game disappeared from GamePass. Instead of paying to continue, I moved on to something else. Kind of wish I had stuck with it because I was having a lot of fun, but I think I might have a hard time getting back into it now.

As for platform, I played primarily on the Xbox, but I also used Xbox Cloud Gaming to play on my phone using a Razor Kishi controller...worked really well for travelling.
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

Someone just (the other day) completed a maximum possible 64 Heat run.

https://www.gamesradar.com/days-after-i ... -of-hours/
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Damn.
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

I could do runs in the high teens pretty reliably. Then I cranked it up to 32 in various ways to try and get Skelly's last statue but that was a considerable jump and I never got too far. Can't imagine 64.