Jedi: Fallen Order

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by Daehawk »

The backtracking has started. All those blue doors on the 2nd planet that I didn't have the skill for until the end of the map. Now I gotta go try the mall again. Hate hate that 'feature'
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Yeah, the mall can get really repetitive.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

I installed this for the 3rd time. Figured I should play it before the new one comes out. Makes it real hard to get back into after not playing it for months in between. Relearning the game right before a boss fight isn't recommended.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Played through this game multiple times. Souls-like, but easier and with light sabers? Yes freakin' please!

Looking forward to the next one.

edit: Not claiming game was easy, fyi.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

GreenGoo wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:37 pm Played through this game multiple times. Souls-like, but easier and with light sabers? Yes freakin' please!

Looking forward to the next one.

edit: Not claiming game was easy, fyi.
I'm sitting here like, easier? wtf man? I don't remember which fight it was that made me drop it to Story difficulty or whatever the lowest difficulty was, but easily the hardest fight I've ever personally experienced.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:06 am Finished it. I went story mode for the last two boss fights. I'm hanging my head in shame. Hell the last one was kind of a bitch even in story mode.

17 hours per Origin and it was pretty close to completionist.

I enjoyed the exploration, platforming and story aspects. I was less impressed with the combat mechanics and wildly varying difficulty. A big part of that is that I didn't make very good use of my jedi powers. I had most everything unlocked at the end, but hardly used any of it in combat.
Looking back on this, 17 hours makes it sound like I didn't really try that hard. Hell I may have spent close to 17 hours on Malenia!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Playing on story. Its really too easy. But i also dont want to get frustrated and delete it.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:40 pm I'm sitting here like, easier? wtf man? I don't remember which fight it was that made me drop it to Story difficulty or whatever the lowest difficulty was, but easily the hardest fight I've ever personally experienced.
I'm embarrassed to say that I cannot remember that fight without looking it up. I think it's the final battle with the Sith that has been chasing you? I remember (I think?!) that you have to fight her multiple times throughout the game.

That said, you finished Nioh, and holy hell, fighting tachibana muneshige too early (i.e. with appropriate level gear and stats) is a full on nightmare. I don't know if he can be cheesed with Onmyo magic or Ninjitsu, but if you fight him straight up, the pain is extreme.

I can't remember a harder fight in any souls-like that I've played. Maybe I was just missing his *trick*.

I couldn't remember if there were difficulty levels to Jedi: Fallen Order, but since you guys are talking about Story mode, I assume there is. Which means I for sure played it on whatever the highest difficulty level is that you can start with. I can't actually remember. :( But it's common for me to turn up the difficulty if I play through a second (or third time).
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:16 pm Playing on story. Its really too easy. But i also dont want to get frustrated and delete it.
Play whatever difficulty is fun for you, is my opinion.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Not sure when ill find some new saber colors. Not found a single one yet. In other games and Jedi ones id found 3 or 4 by now lol. I have found multiples of all the other parts.

Also I wish I could fast travel back to my ship at the end of a map. ALL that walking and fighting to end is simply repeated backwards to leave. That is the main HATE I have of the first HALO. Its almost enough to make me quit and delete and move on...almost. I thought Id never get back to my ship on that 2nd planet.

Anyways next planet choice is the other one I didn't choose and wookie world. Ill look online for which I should do and why.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

If I remember correctly, you find crystals, and build your sabers around them.

You can dual wield and/or use the double bladed saber. You can get the double bladed saber early, but it requires beelining for a fairly tough planet right near the start.

Some things I remember. Sorta.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

The problem were the difficulty spikes. Some parts of the game were easy, some were really hard and frustrating, and it doesn't help that enemies respawned. Would have been better if some of the harder ones didn't respawn to feel like you've conquered them. Playing it on story mode made it more manageable, but was still really hard in some places.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
naednek

Post by naednek »

finished it last night. Loved the ending. Didn't see that coming at all.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Rumpy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:39 pm The problem were the difficulty spikes. Some parts of the game were easy, some were really hard and frustrating, and it doesn't help that enemies respawned. Would have been better if some of the harder ones didn't respawn to feel like you've conquered them. Playing it on story mode made it more manageable, but was still really hard in some places.
Ya I dont get they respawn all enemies when you rest for health at those meditation spots. Lame console feel to it.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:09 pm
Rumpy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:39 pm The problem were the difficulty spikes. Some parts of the game were easy, some were really hard and frustrating, and it doesn't help that enemies respawned. Would have been better if some of the harder ones didn't respawn to feel like you've conquered them. Playing it on story mode made it more manageable, but was still really hard in some places.
Ya I dont get they respawn all enemies when you rest for health at those meditation spots. Lame console feel to it.
I used that as an opportunity to over level.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:09 pm
I get it why they did it in some spots mostly with stormtroopers and the like, but not everything should have. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I feel that maybe there should be two enemy types. Those that respawn, and those that are a one-time unique event.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti