[Bethesda] Fallout 76

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: [Bethesda] Fallout 76

Post by Daehawk »

Oh guess I do have it then. Only did the White place mission but didn't go to the pitt.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

FWIW, it's not like ESO - there are no paid DLC for Fallout 76.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I was doing my usual little spooky scorched circuit tonight and decided to try the fissure area for them. I only really had my gatlin gun and 18 stims. Load in and theres 3 scorch beasts lol. 1 is so far away it doesn't aggro on me. But two do and one of those is a 3 star legendary. Toss in some crazy super mutants and some fanatical scorched and ya got a party!

I took down the regular scorched after a slow bit but the legendary was only 1/4th hurt when I was down to 1 stim. So I hoofed it to the closest building, picked the lock under fire, and went inside to wait on the fast travel timer to take me out of Dodge

Back at camp I had about 18 treat bags. I didn't bother picking up the 1 star legendary loots. Would just weigh me down and no npc with money to sell them to anyways until refresh. I just love treat bags. Never know what you'll get. I have no idea if there could be something really good in them. I just like getting them and seeing.

EDIT: Ive seen videos of a much faster firing gatlin gun. Need to find out what that mod is.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The one star legendaries still make scrip.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ya but when you're looting them fast and overweight its best to just drop them and go. Or not pick them up.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I was killed by a player yesterday for the first time. It was at an event. The event had just ended and we were mopping up stray ghouls. A guy in power armor was killing one and I shot an arrow to hep. But I saw it die right as I fired and the arrow hit him in the leg and bounced off. I thought nothing of it and was standing there inside laughing how it bounced off the armor when he turned and mowed me down with a minigun. I was surprised. I mean didn't matter to me as I know dying is nothing. But still was a first and wondered if the arrow had flagged me or something cause in all the first for months I know Ive shot everyone else or naded them in battles . Ive never seen a player be red to me that I could hurt. But he mowed me right down.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:12 am I was killed by a player yesterday for the first time. It was at an event. The event had just ended and we were mopping up stray ghouls. A guy in power armor was killing one and I shot an arrow to hep. But I saw it die right as I fired and the arrow hit him in the leg and bounced off. I thought nothing of it and was standing there inside laughing how it bounced off the armor when he turned and mowed me down with a minigun. I was surprised. I mean didn't matter to me as I know dying is nothing. But still was a first and wondered if the arrow had flagged me or something cause in all the first for months I know Ive shot everyone else or naded them in battles . Ive never seen a player be red to me that I could hurt. But he mowed me right down.
How PvP works: With the exception of claiming Workshops, there is no involuntary PvP. But if you damage another player, that player has the choice to damage you back. That's how they prevent unwanted PvP: If you don't want to fight another player, you just don't shoot back and they won't be able to damage you.

In events, friendly fire is turned off. That's why you hitting him flagged you for PvP - you said that the event had just ended. You hit him, which gave him the option of engaging in PvP with you, which he then did.

Now, if you look clear back at when you first started, I strongly suggested that you go into the options and turn on Pacifist Mode. This is why. With Pacifist Mode enabled, you cannot do friendly fire to other players. That's all it does - it makes you incapable of hurting other players and accidentally triggering PvP.
Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

PSA: Double XP weekend starts Nov. 9th.

If you like spooky treat bags, you'll really like Mutated Party Packs. I'm not sure when the next week is, but when nothing is going on then mutated events are every other week or so. If there are more than 3 Fo1st ppl in the event, everyone gets a Mutated Party Pack. It always includes a 3* legendary and also gives you ammo for whatever weapon you have equipped.

Mutated events are fun in their own right. Enemies have mutations such as toxic (annoying), volatile (explosive/annoying), resilient (can only be killed by a melee attack), etc. It makes events more interesting and lucrative. Resilient events are fun because you need to get out the trusty chainsaw or whatever to finish them off.Remember death means little in f76 as long as you aren't carrying any good junk - that's the only thing you lose when you die.

BTW, that's why when you finish Scorched Earth and get your flux, you always need to go to somebody's survival tent ASAP and dump the flux, so you don't lose it.

I always have Pacifist Mode on and generally do workshops only in private servers. I don't think I've ever been killed by another player except by death camps, which are annoying but again, what do you have to lose but junk?

I'm tired of Spooky Scorched and want to do something else. Tuesday morning is when we change to whatever.

Double XP is good. I'm going to level up one of the mules in my mule account. That is fun plus yields a much better mule when they get to L50 and can wear armor to reduce the weight of various items. A mule with L50 weapon weight reduction gear can carry 15000 lbs of weapons.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The only time I ever messed with workshops was when capturing them was part of the daily/weekly objectives. When they were, I'd claim unused ones, and then just walk away, making no attempt to defend them.
Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:47 am The only time I ever messed with workshops was when capturing them was part of the daily/weekly objectives. When they were, I'd claim unused ones, and then just walk away, making no attempt to defend them.
They are also good if you have a challenge to do an event in X region, if you take a workshop in that region, soon you will have an event to defend your workshop there.

This is what is happening staring tomorrow (Nov 7): https://nukaknights.com/articles/datami ... rsary.html
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I finally got one of those perfect guns. Longshot. Its a 308 sniper rifle suppressed. Scoped and enough damage to one shot one kill stuff. Headshot! Totally silent like my bow Burning Love. Has a 25% damage bonus when aiming. And when aren't ya gonna be aiming down the scope :P . It also applies a stealth field I think..will have to check on that next time Im in game.

Its like this one in the pic here. Cept instead of double damage it does 100% damage on full health enemy shot.

Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Jetpacks. I want one but not sure how to get or use them. I was thinking you had to have the match the jetpack to the power armor but yesterday I saw a player in no armor using one. How do I do that?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Since I never used power armor, and since I had the Marsupial mutation, I never bothered with them.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I tried that mutation before I had my cards equipped so it wasn't permanent. It was pretty handy. Maybe I should just get that again sometime. I dont plan to keep playing a lot longer but I keep going back in.
Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

Hey, Daehawk! were you playing this afternoon? I saw someone with your name and sent you a friend request. My guy is Pz38t

There are only 2 non power-armor torsos you can add a jetpack to: Secret Service and Brotherhood recon
SS armor plans cost gold, whereas you can only get the BR plans via Daily Ops (though you can get the JP mod from Regs for a lot of gold)
You need both the torso and the jetpack plan, so it's expensive, but it's worth it.

Jetpacks are very handy, they give you lots of mobility. PA jetpack plans are expensive cap-wise or gold-wise, depending on the suit.
There are legacy PA parts other than the torso that have a jetpack. If you see one of those and you can afford it, buy it.
I run a bloodied build and so I need Emergency Protocols on the torso, so an arm or helmet with a jetpack mod is super nice to have.

Recently there was some guy who was obviously selling duped items with jetpacks. I had to frown on that activity by decreasing his inventory and buying one ;)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Now I'm imagining the experience of flying around with a jetpack strapped to my helmet...
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:42 pm Now I'm imagining the experience of flying around with a jetpack strapped to my helmet...
I assume that you need the chiropractor mutation as well.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hey, Daehawk! were you playing this afternoon? I saw someone with your name and sent you a friend request. My guy is Pz38t
I have no idea. Ill see if I have a friend request when I log in today. AFAIK my in game name is Scruffy. My camp is called Scruffy & Buster's for me and my dog.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:44 am
I have no idea. Ill see if I have a friend request when I log in today. AFAIK my in game name is Scruffy. My camp is called Scruffy & Buster's for me and my dog.
I guess that was me you saw! I accepted your friend invite.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just noticed out of power armor Im not wearing any armor. Went to make some and only had enough material to make a lvl 50 chest piece or combat armor. Lol. Guess Ill forage some or something.

In events Im always in pa anyways. I need to learn plans for some good armor thats not PA armor. I have leather and combat and metal wit ha trapper chest piece. Theres got to be something out there Im totally missing.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Is there no way to rebind the hold breath key when looking down a sniper scope? It seems to be bound to the left alt and that makes me remove my hand from all my movement keys to reach across the keyboard to use it. Is it hard wired to that or something and if so is it in a simple ini file or something I can edit? I mean i can leave it that key as long as I can secondary bind it to something else as well.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I figured this went here the best where Fallout fans can see it.

Fallout New Vegas comes to real life Goodsprings.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:31 pm I figured this went here the best where Fallout fans can see it.

Fallout New Vegas comes to real life Goodsprings.

God, I miss home. :cry:

Not Goodsprings, but Nevada - and the terrain and vegetation are close enough to make me feel homesick. It's been 23 years.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Go home my friend.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:21 pm Go home my friend.
Sure. I'll just need money to rent a truck with a car trailer, to rent movers, to buy moving supplies, to pay for gas, food, and lodging on the way there, then first/last/deposit/whatever on a new place, money to hire more movers to unload (one paralyzed shoulder and spinal arthritis isn't the best way to move stuff.) Oh, and then I'll about a thousand a month to take care of the difference in cost of living.

But if you're offering...
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hehehe..we're poor. I know you have thought at least 4 ways to do it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:59 pm Is there no way to rebind the hold breath key when looking down a sniper scope? It seems to be bound to the left alt and that makes me remove my hand from all my movement keys to reach across the keyboard to use it. Is it hard wired to that or something and if so is it in a simple ini file or something I can edit? I mean i can leave it that key as long as I can secondary bind it to something else as well.
FWIW, I haven't played the game since July. I don't remember most of the answers to the questions. When you ask, I usually find out in a minute or two by just googling the question.

I did this one for you: No.

You'd really get much faster answers to most of these if you'd search for them and read a couple of the results first - then post when you can't find an answer.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hey Ill be on hunting treasure miners if anyone wants to team up with me tonight..I have a map with a nice big path marked out to follow looking. Im either on as Daehawk or Scruffy I think is my name in game...if you think its me just send me a msg asking if Im from OO..Ill know what that means and others shouldn't know so you can tell its me ya got

I have a mic now thnx to someone on OO so I can actually communicate easier in game if need be.

This is a picture of the route map Im using if anyone doesn't want to group up and prefers to run it solo themselves on their servers. You can start at either end or just visit the random sites. Im gonna start in Welch and make my way up until Im bored or out of ammo or something.

Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Question..the scavenger doghouse. Ive seen some open to loot and some locked and you'd need to pick it and be pvp to get the stuff. How do you set that. I see nothing at all on how to do it from the doghouse terminal itself.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The fallout bot paper cardboard cutout standup that points to the left....is there one that points to the right?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I wasn't aware that there was a scavenger event going on. I may have to go hunting myself (but not tonight.)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im not sure why I weigh so much. Seems the longer Ive played this game the heavier ive gotten. I used to be like 180 . The other day I was 202 then 240 . Today Im 283. Im encumbered naturally unless I keep a booster going. This is without look. Im using 2 low weight weps. My ammo weighs nothing. Ive checked my guns my ammo my armor and and status effects bothering me...nothing. I seem to be fat.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Food? Stimpacks? Aid? Junk? Scrap? Water? Booze?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Checked it all. Heaviest item is stims at 20 weight. I dont carry more than 20 something stims due to weight.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This game only takes so many alt tabs from me before poop'n. I can get maaaybe 10 if I m lucky lol. Sometimes 3..depends on how long m system has been running and how many things I have going and tabs open.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

btw the rare plan vendor Minerva is outside the Whitespring's entrance. I bought the backpack mod Chem thing. So now my chems weigh 90% less. Hoping that includes Stims. Also grabbed the grenades floater gnasher and dynomite.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:15 am This game only takes so many alt tabs from me before poop'n. I can get maaaybe 10 if I m lucky lol. Sometimes 3..depends on how long m system has been running and how many things I have going and tabs open.
Don't play full screen. Play windowed. Sure, you'll have the bar at the bottom probably, but it won't crash. Assuming it's the actually ALT+TAB and not just the change of focus to another application.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I believe it has a borderless option. That makes it look fullscreen (no bars),but it acts like a window.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:34 am I believe it has a borderless option. That makes it look fullscreen (no bars),but it acts like a window.
Which may not be helpful if he still has to ALT+TAB in order to switch to another window. I've found borderless to really only be helpful when I ran two monitors.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.