2024 Fundraising - $1541 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

[Bethesda] Fallout 76

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: [Bethesda] Fallout 76

Post by Daehawk »

hahahaha nobody told me how much fun bows could be. I had found a crossbow before and found it just awful as it was one shot reload one shot reload SLOOoooow. But yesterday during an event I looted a 3 star legendary bow named something like Burning Love. Its gold and is bent all funny and curvy...looks like Cupids bow in cartoons. It has some special stats to it I dont recall but one is +50 damage to humans. I dont think that includes scorched but it sets everything it hits on fire too so its all fun and good lol.

Its also completely silent. If I miss then the enemy never knows Im there...and bob doesn't know why lemmy is suddenly on fire beside him either lol. hahah fun fun. And I loot arrows like nobody's business. I crafted 20 arrows to test and after a couple fights Im up to 70. I used it in 3 world events. Just so fun lol.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I have a normal Cryolator I like a lot but can never find ammo. No one sells more than 20 or so at a time. Ive relogged through 20 worlds and only found a handful. I cant craft it as I lack lead..all my sites for lead have'nt reset yet even though Im looting stuff like mad. I think Ill try the prison and see about its weight room next.

Also I cant find a power armor workstation plan. I thought someone would sell it but so far nothing.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:12 am hahahaha nobody told me how much fun bows could be. I had found a crossbow before and found it just awful as it was one shot reload one shot reload SLOOoooow. But yesterday during an event I looted a 3 star legendary bow named something like Burning Love. Its gold and is bent all funny and curvy...looks like Cupids bow in cartoons. It has some special stats to it I dont recall but one is +50 damage to humans. I dont think that includes scorched but it sets everything it hits on fire too so its all fun and good lol.

Its also completely silent. If I miss then the enemy never knows Im there...and bob doesn't know why lemmy is suddenly on fire beside him either lol. hahah fun fun. And I loot arrows like nobody's business. I crafted 20 arrows to test and after a couple fights Im up to 70. I used it in 3 world events. Just so fun lol.
Whatever you're using to kill determines what kind of ammo drops. This is why I was always swimming in ammo - I was running a single-shot rifle build. Most enemies were one shot, and every third enemy I'd get five rounds.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I cant pin down a gun I like to use so I can stop carrying many guns. I like the cryolator ones but cant find ammo for them or make it easy. I like the tesla a lot and have a ton of ammo for it but the gun I have has a 15 count mag. Thats nothing. My gatlin gun has a 250 round magazine.. The tesla is like bzz reload bzz reload..annoying. And I cant upgrade its mag for some reason like I did the gatlin..theres just no option listed there in the menu when I look.

Im about all set in my play but these little annoyances are keeping me down.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:24 pm I cant pin down a gun I like to use so I can stop carrying many guns. I like the cryolator ones but cant find ammo for them or make it easy. I like the tesla a lot and have a ton of ammo for it but the gun I have has a 15 count mag. Thats nothing. My gatlin gun has a 250 round magazine.. The tesla is like bzz reload bzz reload..annoying. And I cant upgrade its mag for some reason like I did the gatlin..theres just no option listed there in the menu when I look.

Im about all set in my play but these little annoyances are keeping me down.
First, remember that guns are defined by whether they are energy (zap!) or ballistic (bullets.) The mods are based on Gunsmith (ballistic) or Science (energy) perks. If you don't have a high enough and appropriate skill equipped, you can't make the associated mods. And it isn't always obvious which is which - see gauss rifles (which use energy ammo, but do ballistic damage, and require Science perks to mod.)

Second, remember that you start not knowing most mods for weapons. You learn them by scrapping the same weapon. If you want mods for a Tesla rifle, you need to scrap a bunch of Tesla rifles. It's what makes gauss rifles (the best sniper weapon) such a pain in the ass to set up. They are very, very rare, so getting the right mods takes forever, and most people just resort to buying them from other players' vendors to scrap.

Third, not every weapon has every mod. The Tesla rifle does not have magazine capacity mods.

Also, the Tesla rifle is infamous for breaking easily.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

On the Scoreboard section of the login page I listened to all the audios of the seemingly B Sci Fi movies of 50s /60s Way cool atmosphere there. Love it. Wish there were more. They are provided out of order too or something with the way they place clickable buttons lol.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

You know I mentioned the tesla's low ammo clip size. How do these guys in events have tesla energy constantly firing over large areas?

I finally finished Mayor For a Day. I dont know how many times Id died on that roof trying before. All it took was some power armor and a tesla rifle to stand toe to toe with all the spawning bots.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:26 pm You know I mentioned the tesla's low ammo clip size. How do these guys in events have tesla energy constantly firing over large areas?
Are you talking about the chain lightning effect? That's built into the gun. I believe it can be expanded with Grenadier to hit a lot more enemies. It's also possible they have multiple reload perks (Ground Pounder, Quick Hands.) Remember, when you watch other people, you're normally looking at people who are running builds dedicated to a particular weapon type, which means that they can to a lot more with that weapon.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I can still only build 1 turret type lol. I did spend some atom today. Weee. May spend more! BIG SPENDER me.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hhaha dammit. I was doing the Brotherhood line. Stupid DMV or whatever...just like the DMV in real life..minus scorched...maybe..

Anyways wont spoil anything but its nearly 5am and I was in the bottom of a certain mine looking for a paladin when my guns broke, my ammo ran out in anything that hurt anything and the stimpacks ran out too. Thats when I died and now Im going to bed.

I shall regear for tomorrows adventure of spelunkin the innards of Appalachia.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Wow did I have an adventure tonight. I wanted to go to bed 2 hours ago but got caught up in a whirlwind of learning stuff and doing stuff.

Started out with me doing the rounds for power armor pieces. I had some t45 and t51b stuff when I started and by the end of rounds checking places and spawns I had mostly t60 with some t51b holdouts still.

Then I decided to buy ammo from player vendors and call it a night. First place I went had plans for a t60 jetpack for power armor. Heck ya! I always wanted to fly around and get up high in the events as Ive seen players do. So I grabbed that and came back to base to apply it and found out I cant mod it to my armor without stuff called pure flux. Both violet and cobalt flux. Id never heard of these things so looked online and found two places to get them. Went to the Whitesprings place for cobalt and didn't see anything then went to the Prime Fissures area to see if violet was over there.

Well thats a party over there. I got laid into by a scorchbeast, some super mutants, those militant like humans I cant recall the name of their group, mirelurks, a mirelurk queen....we were all fighting each other and then all on me. I fled to a house and closed the doors and hid upstairs while I went back to looking online at what Im missing.

NUKES. Seems the area has to be nuked to have this flux stuff appear. Well I have codes but no idea how to fire a nuke. Suddenly I hear "Incoming nukes clear the area"..I look at the map and sure enough its where Im at. So now Im running OUT of the blast area for the first time in my life. I get clear and watch the BOOM. First one Ive seen in this game. Right pretty. Got a pic too.

I donned my new fancy power armor and ran into the nuked area...man that is all red in there and very radioactive. I had to eat radaway and stab myself with stims even in my power armor. But I picked all the glowing stuff I could pick. I ended up with crimson, violet, florescent and such flux.

I put it all in my stash. I have no idea how to turn it into the pure stuff I need to make that jetpack. They seem to have made making a jetpack very hard to do. Plus I still dont have any cobalt. I guess someone needs to nuke the Whitesprings resort for me to be lucky enough to online when it happens , throw on my power armor and run over there to loot some of that flux.

FUN as heck night though. And now Im 2 1/2 hours late going to bed and want to be up even earlier in the morning.

I wonder If Id survive a nuke hit blast in my power armor if I just stood in the target zone?

Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

So legendary items like armor and guns. You can scrap them. Only choices seem to be sell them to a store or at a train depot. Or you can sell them in the legendary machines at the train stations for what looks like gold chit or credit. Im guessing this you use when you mod a wep or whatever with a legendary trait right?

When I first started playing I didn't know what to do with legendary items so I just dropped them on the ground hehe.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:32 pm So legendary items like armor and guns. You can scrap them. Only choices seem to be sell them to a store or at a train depot. Or you can sell them in the legendary machines at the train stations for what looks like gold chit or credit. Im guessing this you use when you mod a wep or whatever with a legendary trait right?

When I first started playing I didn't know what to do with legendary items so I just dropped them on the ground hehe.
Use the machine at the train station. Visit the Rusty Pick to spend your currency.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oh dangit I completely forgot about that weird place. Thnx.

EDIT: Ok so is that the only use for the script?

Bought a 3 star melee, ranged, and power armor piece. Melee is meh...ranged is crap...but I lucked out and got an ultracite armor piece. Unless thats not rare and its all ultracite. Im using t60 for everything except my helmet is t51b and Im missing a leg armor piece.

I may go around visiting all the spawns for get a t60 helmet and that leg piece.

Does this thing always give ultracite?...also hoping to get 1 great ranged wep like a tesla or cryo better than mine plus a great melee..then I can simply carry one gun and buy one ammo type or make it and only one melee. Lighten me up some.

In other words spend it all there gambling on 3 star items because theres no where else to spend it?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:03 pm I lucked out and got an ultracite armor piece. Unless thats not rare and its all ultracite.

Does this thing always give ultracite?...also hoping to get 1 great ranged wep like a tesla or cryo better than mine plus a great melee..then I can simply carry one gun and buy one ammo type or make it and only one melee. Lighten me up some.

In other words spend it all there gambling on 3 star items because theres no where else to spend it?
Ultracite is the end-game power armor.

There's nowhere else to spend it. And what you get is completely random - welcome to the endgame of farming up legendaries, scrapping them, and trying your luck. Luckily, you can turn around and scrap the ones you didn't like. I'd suggest making sure you know exactly what kind of items you need rather than grabbing pieces here and there.

Legendary Modules and Legendary Cores are what are used for crafting them.

And if you're at the level cap, are you running mutations? They're the end-game game-changer that blows everything else out of the water.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Past lvl cap ya. No mutations yet. I did grab the cards for...whatever its called gene wash or whatever.

Right now Im entertaining myself by looking for those last two pieces of T60 armor. Then I need to make some money and ammo. THEN Im going back to do Belly of the Beast. I went there not knowing what to expect and got my ass handed to me in the depths below..broke my guns armor and ran out of ammo..Ill go prepared next time..Thats why I was going around the power armor spawns looking for t60...I was in t45 with some t51b last go. Not good enough.

I still haven't settled on a wep..I like the tesla the most but I haven't got a nice legendary one. I have a nice high damage medium speed death claw gauntlet for melee but cant use it in power armor and I sold my nice legendary named super sledge before I realized I couldn't use the gauntlet in power armor. I always keep a melee as backup for when a gun breaks or runs out of ammo.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:58 pm Past lvl cap ya. No mutations yet. I did grab the cards for...whatever its called gene wash or whatever.

Do you have them both (Class Freak and Starched Genes) maxed?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Starched genes..no not maxed.....I dont think. Im not sure Ive even heard of that first one.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

As always, play how you like, but my strong suggestion is to make maxing those two a priority.

Starched Genes, when maxed, prevents your mutations from changing.
Class Freak, when maxed, reduces the downsides of mutations so far that they become irrelevant.

Here's what you could have:

~Critical Damage +50% and Perception +4
~Agi +4 and fall slowly
~Int +6
~Health regeneration +300%
~Carry Weight + 20 and increased jump height
~Damage and Energy resistanc +50
~Move and reload 20% faster
~Increased weapon damage when health is low

And I mean that you can have all of them, all at once, and that's less than half of what's available. But it only works if both perks are maxed and equipped.

Here are a couple of examples without Class Freak and with Class Freak maxed:

Bird Bones (no Class Freak) - Reduced fall speed, Agi +4, Str -4
Bird Bones (Class Freak) - Reduced fall speed, Agi +4, Str -1

Egg Head (no Class Freak) - Intelligence +6, Endurance -3, Strength -3
Egg Head (Class Freak) - Intelligence +6

You get the idea. There are still very small penalties, but they're reduced so much that the bonuses from other mutations cancel them out completely (like the -1 Str from Bird Bones is countered by the + carry weight from Marsupial.)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Blackhawk I want to thank you again for the starting boost you provided me. Not only the amazing info and the armor and weps but the camp especially. I dont know how I would have got that started piecemeal without you setting it all up for me. I had no clue back then about what a camp meant. The water purifiers have been awesome always keeping me hydrated and enough to sell the extra when I need cash. I even added a couple more today so I can make a little money off them. I didn't realize you gave me a big fusion generator. I thought they were all the same but you gave me one that can power anything I add in the future. Im guessing the bar at the top of the screen when I look at the generator is how much power Im using? I hope so as I see no other way to tell.

You also built the tables I would require right away, So thank you so much for the camp that I took for granted for so long.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Happy to help. And I honestly don't remember how to check power usage.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think I have a bugged quest called Early Warnings. It still says find the missing uplink. I "thought " I got that already near Robco but guess not . The quest simple says find the uplink. If I hit M to show where on map it simply points to my camp. Also you're supposed to find 5 different parts. I have one in my backpack ..a heating rod or something...its marked a quest item and I cant do anything with it. I cant fix the uplink without the upliink lol. Where is the dang thing?

EDIT: NM..I think I have to do another quest first of Mayham or something. Just made some explosive bait. Have to find an animal to use it on now.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Can you simply buy the ammo maker that does it by itself?

Im thinking of buying a core recharger. Its about 800 or 900 atom. I have about 12 cores maybe and they are all getting super low. Need them for my armor of course but I have a gun or two that uses them as well.

I had like 2100 atom and spent some. Got about 1400 left. Ive never paid for it..I just get it it seems from events or something. And the scoreboard sometimes.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I've never used the ammo maker thing.

Make sure you read up on how fast the core charger works. I remember looking at it once and deciding it wasn't worth it.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Isn't there a workshop near a nuclear power plant that can be used to manufacture cores?
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Dont know.

I had two crashes and now when i try to log in it goes all the way to loading me into the world then a msg pops up saying "You have been disconnected for using modified files".

I was near a train station up ne and started walki9ng from there to a quest next door. It jerked then paused in quick succession and locked. I alt f4'd it and logged back in. I was outside the same train station so started walking to that place again...same thing. Said F it and shut my pc down without waiting.

Now I cant get back in. Gonna run the repair check on Steam and see if that helps.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

According to the intertubes, there are 3 locations with fusion core processors:
Fusion core processors produce one fully-charged fusion core every seven minutes and can store a maximum of three cores (as of patch 1.0.2.0). These serve as a way to stockpile fusion cores to provide power to power armor chassis or Gatling laser weapons when unable to craft the cores at a chemistry station with the required stabilized flux.

They require 100 electricity to function, powered by either power plant boxes if the corresponding Powering Up event was successfully completed or by generators made by the player character. Only one processor is present at each power plant workshop. They cannot be moved or built by the player character.

• Monongah Power Plant
  • Thunder Mountain Power Plant

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Max Peck wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:04 pm According to the intertubes, there are 3 locations with fusion core processors:
Fusion core processors produce one fully-charged fusion core every seven minutes and can store a maximum of three cores (as of patch 1.0.2.0). These serve as a way to stockpile fusion cores to provide power to power armor chassis or Gatling laser weapons when unable to craft the cores at a chemistry station with the required stabilized flux.

They require 100 electricity to function, powered by either power plant boxes if the corresponding Powering Up event was successfully completed or by generators made by the player character. Only one processor is present at each power plant workshop. They cannot be moved or built by the player character.

• Monongah Power Plant
  • Thunder Mountain Power Plant
Any idea if a player made generator stays?
If someone else places a gennie can I still produce cores?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Just be aware that claiming such a workshop flags you for PvP and notifies the entire server. I never had anyone bother to mess with me, but you should be aware.

You will also get defend missions where NPCs will attack them, often enough to make questing or exploring a hassle.

If ownership of a workshop changes, I believe that some player-built structures stay, but I'm not sure exactly how it works.

I do know that if the workshop owner logs out, everything player-built there is destroyed - permanently. They're a temporary activity that are usually more trouble than they're worth.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Meh I just went ahead and bought a recharger. It charges fast. Ive got about 15 cores in it. recharges 4 at a time.

For some reason I dont have a single care where the yellow bar is full even in the newly 100% recharged ones.

I wonder if a full core sells for more than a empty one?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

2 new questions..

1. I have bot ha gatlin laser and a gatlin plasma. They both list CORE as their ammo. The laser works and will reload a core that I see is a fusion core. The plasma with not work and not reload. Its repaired. I dont know why it wont work.

2. MODs..the ones you find in game that look like a little box. Do they auto show in the repair / modification part of a table..like wep table or armor table.....are they the stuff im using when i tap right and see like 'extended barrel' or 'brutal stock'? If not how do I use them or active them? Clicking them does noting and I have some in my stash that have been there forever.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:12 pm 1. I have bot ha gatlin laser and a gatlin plasma. They both list CORE as their ammo. The laser works and will reload a core that I see is a fusion core. The plasma with not work and not reload. Its repaired. I dont know why it wont work.
IIRC, the gatling plasma uses plasma cores, not fusion cores.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:12 pm 2. MODs..the ones you find in game that look like a little box. Do they auto show in the repair / modification part of a table..like wep table or armor table.....are they the stuff im using when i tap right and see like 'extended barrel' or 'brutal stock'? If not how do I use them or active them? Clicking them does noting and I have some in my stash that have been there forever.
Weapon mods (lower case - it's slang for modification, not an acronym) are exactly what you're talking about. They're the barrels, magazines, stocks, armor paint, etc that you can apply to weapons and armor (and doing so is a core gameplay mechanic - they're pretty vital for improving the weapons and armor you find.)

There are three ways to get them. The normal way is to scrap a weapon. Every time you do so, there's a chance you'll learn a mod for that weapon (whether the one you scrapped had that mod is irrelevant.) When you go to the workbench (armor, weapon, etc), you can then craft that mod using resources. You can do this as many times as you like on as many weapons as you like.

The second is to find a blueprint for one (the most reliable way is to find them on player vendors.) Buying it this way teaches you the mod, just like scrapping a weapon would have.

The last way is to find the boxed mods. You apply this in the same way, and it doesn't take resources - but it is one use only. Apply it to a weapon, and it's gone.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ya knew it took cores. have a lot of full ones now. The other wep that required them worked. I never did get this plasma one working. I did get lucky and looted a vampire legendary gatlin plasma and it works fine. I simply sold or scrapped the other one.

Game can be annoying. Sometimes legendaries show up when you try to sell them at a legendary exchange...sometimes not. Had 2 not show up at multiple stations then while at the same one they both did.

Also I have a t51b helmet and a t51b purple light for it but I cant figure out how to add it. My helmet wont show up anywhere to mod..even in my backpack. I modded it before with a light. Just wanted to change it to purple. But cant d oa thing if i cant even see the helmet to do anything at all with lol.

Rank 4 or 5 public events i na row. they never stopped poppin..was going when i got tired and logged.

Mental note....always get IN your power armor before joining a nuke blast zone event. I had like 2 hp left by the time I got the armor out and into. Lucky it didn't seem to hurt me when getting it out then trying to get in lol.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:06 pm Ya knew it took cores. have a lot of full ones now. The other wep that required them worked. I never did get this plasma one working. I did get lucky and looted a vampire legendary gatlin plasma and it works fine. I simply sold or scrapped the other one.
Just to be clear, you're using the right cores for the plasma, yes?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Plasma cores not power cores. Got my core name mixed up.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Got hit again with modified games files upon trying to log in. And this time when I logged I logged normal too. If it keeps doing this off and on Im done with it. Im still having fun but I dont like being annoyed. Ill put up with being annoyed only so long.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Got a table and punchbowl free today. Table places fine. Punchbowl refuses EVERYWHERE. Says its floating. So as Im trying to place it I accidentally deleted my fusion generator. and I cant rebuild it. Fun never ends for me and my luck. Getting tired of the game a little with all my missteps. I still have fun exploring and such.

TF2 pissed me off so bad today. Seems my gaming anger is returning. Guess life is seeping into my games now. And Im not sleeping. Finally got to sleep at 7 this morning after going to bed at 1am.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think my generator is still there. I can hear it and see its base but its invisible and broken. I can fix it..gotta find some copper, crystal and gears...stuff ive been having to drop because Im overweight after events and i want to keep the legend stuff to go sell.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I repaired my fusion generator and it reappeared. I dont know how it got damaged. Also I guess that bar i was seeing above it was the health bar as it only had a hair left. I cant get it to show now though.