Witcher series by Netflix

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

TheMix

Re: Witcher series by Netflix

Post by TheMix »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:04 am The pacing in S3 is...different.

Just finished Ep6 (with a Mike Tyson quote for an episode title) and...it ramps up significantly. I'm honestly not sure now what is going to happen in final two episodes or how the transition will occur (if there is anything done to acknowledge transition).

Cavill's fight scenes are still awesome.
Spoiler:
I don't know if him rolling around on the ground at the end while fighting Vilgefortz was a nod to the video game, but I chuckled.
Spoiler:
I haven't watched. But I did just finish reading that scene in the book. He definitely got down on the ground. Though more to hide behind things. He did not use rolling around as a dodge during attacking, just as a dodge to get behind cover. I also have yet to play the game. So that could be the inspiration. :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Interesting. It never occurred to me the video game could be creatively borrowing something from the actual stories. :)
Maybe next year, maybe no go
disarm

Post by disarm »

I just finished episode 8. The pace definitely picks up in the later half of the season and I really enjoyed the ending. I don't want to spoil anything, but I will say that it ends with a very strong reminder of why Henry Cavill was perfect as Geralt. There are a lot of great things about the season finale, but his final scene is by far the best of the season.

I'll definitely be watching the next season, but it's going to take a miracle to even come close to matching what Cavill brought to this show.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Even if it's 33% as good without Cavill it's likely still better than Wheel of Time. :P

I'm kidding.

Mostly.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:04 pm Even if it's 33% as good without Cavill it's likely still better than Wheel of Time. :P

I'm kidding.

Mostly.
I wouldn't have been.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)

Post by Default »

Between the password crackdown and this, it finally got me to cancel Netflix.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
JCC

Post by JCC »

Finished the Witcher season 3 last night. I thought the final 2 episodes were great. But, I thought the 2 episodes before that were magnificent - while being totally different. I will miss Henry.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It's official, The Witcher season 4 is in production. But that's not all, we're already planning season 5, which will be the final season and bring this epic show to a fitting conclusion. See you on The Continent.
For the Luddites, read about it here:
The fourth and fifth seasons will cover Sapkowski’s three remaining books: Baptism of Fire, The Tower of the Swallow, and Lady of the Lake. As Hissrich mentioned, Liam Hemsworth is taking over the role of Geralt from Henry Cavill, who played the character in the first three seasons.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Sheesh, Hemsworth makes everyone look like a child sitting next to him. He really brought the bulk.
He won. Period.