NCAA Tourney 2017

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

PLW

Re: NCAA Tourney 2017

Post by PLW »

This game has been close the whole time, but the refs are making it boring as hell.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

PLW wrote:This game has been close the whole time, but the refs are making it boring as hell.
They are also confusing the hell out of both teams.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
PLW

Post by PLW »

Remus West wrote:
PLW wrote:This game has been close the whole time, but the refs are making it boring as hell.
They are also confusing the hell out of both teams.
Seriously.. dude just literally jumped on the UNC guy with no foul called. But there were little nothings called earlier.
PLW

Post by PLW »

Congrats to the Heels. I was pulling for the Zags, but UNC is a worthy champ. Karnowski (sp?) laid a giant egg. This game, and the 4 or 5 bunnies he missed, will haunt him for a long time.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Oh my gosh. The refs made the game pretty ugly to watch in the 2nd half, but That doesn't matter now! If we had lost, Justin Jackson would never forgive himself with how poorly he shot. And props to Berry for coming up huge in the game, but Meeks should have been Final Four MOP. He was a monster on Saturday and got the block and then steal to win the game tonight, not to mention his defense against the huge guy for Gonzaga.
Black Lives Matter
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

The Meal

Nooooooo!

Post by The Meal »

ImLawBoy wrote:
The Meal wrote:
ImLawBoy wrote:
The Meal wrote:I noticed that Michigan TECH made the sweet sixteen by winning their conference tournament this last weekend. But I'm guessing that's a different NCAA Tourney 2017 than referenced in the title.
Michigan hockey had a decidedly . . . not good year. Hopefully they'll let Red move on and start rebuilding.
Man what a run, though. I'm a bit fearful that when Red moves on, Michigan poaches our coach. Of course Mel Pearson is already earning more state dollars than Berenson.
That would seem to be the home run hire, and Michigan could certainly afford to outspend Michigan Tech (wonder if Red was giving the alumni discount? (discount does not apply to football coaches)), but I really have no idea what will happen. The rumor is that Red was going to retire last year, but the new AD asked him to stay on so he didn't have to start off with a coaching search, which might indicate that Pearson wasn't a slam dunk (or should that be a an open net in this context?).
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Remus West

Re: Nooooooo!

Post by Remus West »

The Meal wrote:
ImLawBoy wrote:
The Meal wrote:
ImLawBoy wrote:
The Meal wrote:I noticed that Michigan TECH made the sweet sixteen by winning their conference tournament this last weekend. But I'm guessing that's a different NCAA Tourney 2017 than referenced in the title.
Michigan hockey had a decidedly . . . not good year. Hopefully they'll let Red move on and start rebuilding.
Man what a run, though. I'm a bit fearful that when Red moves on, Michigan poaches our coach. Of course Mel Pearson is already earning more state dollars than Berenson.
That would seem to be the home run hire, and Michigan could certainly afford to outspend Michigan Tech (wonder if Red was giving the alumni discount? (discount does not apply to football coaches)), but I really have no idea what will happen. The rumor is that Red was going to retire last year, but the new AD asked him to stay on so he didn't have to start off with a coaching search, which might indicate that Pearson wasn't a slam dunk (or should that be a an open net in this context?).
:D
I was really worried about UM hockey with Red retiring but this seems like a great hire for them.
:D
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Sorry, Meal!
That's my purse! I don't know you!
The Meal

0-2

Post by The Meal »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:08 amSorry, Meal!
No worries, it's okay.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Re: 0-2

Post by ImLawBoy »

The Meal wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:07 pm
No worries, it's okay.
It's a rebuild. Give us a few more years.

(And nice callback.)
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

ImLawBoy wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:45 am
No worries, it's okay.

(And nice callback.)
ImLawnBoy, Wait until you see the name of one of UofM's incoming freshmen studs! (I only wish we had a full season to look forward to.)
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

ImLawBoy wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:45 am
No worries, it's okay.

(And nice callback.)
A few years later...
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Purge everyone who enabled Anderson. I'm good with it - even if it's too late.