Kickstarter and other crowdfunding platforms

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

baelthazar

Re: Kickstarter and other crowdfunding platforms

Post by baelthazar »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:40 am Oh wow, I didn't realize retail copies were being fulfilled now. My experiences with FA have been great when they need to ship a single box. If there's any type of picking needed - different pledge levels, add ons, etc... it's like they can do 10 a day. For DA I'm guessing it's going to be painfully slow because of the size and number of things that could be involved in any given order.
IIRC, the retail copies are shipping from Spain and not with Funagain Logistics - which has been one reason for the difference.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Everything that I have back has had the shipping paid at this point, with the sole exception of the Deadlands: Dead Man's Hand graphic novel, which is domestic, and Bones 6, which I backed at a minimal level (which lets me choose to get less - or even nothing for a minimal loss - if the shipping is unreasonable.) Reaper is manufacturing more of their product domestically now, which is good. They also aren't telling you your shipping costs until they pull your order, which means that you have to make pledge manager decisions with no knowledge of costs and with what you assume your budget will be a year into the future, which is not so good.

The shipping costs alone, and the fact that they're opaque until sometimes months after you have to commit, is enough to keep me away from most campaigns for physical products in the foreseeable future.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Yea! Just got a tracking number from QML and Hour of Need is on the way. Or a family of field mice that nested in my game box after so many months in the warehouse is on the way. :coffee:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It's important to remember that Smoove is the one that first started blowing the horn for the Sadler brothers. So if Hour of Need sucks, we can shun the entity named Smoove.
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I fully accept my fate. Though I will still die on the hill defending Street Masters as a Top 10 forever board game.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I did get in my Pathfinder for Savage Worlds boxes a couple of days ago, and I'm very happy with them. It's a complete conversion of the Pathfinder setting to the Savage Worlds ruleset - two great tastes that taste good together. Rules, setting books, maps, the requisite unneeded bennies, dice, and power dials (oh, and don't forget bookmarks.) The box also came with all sorts of Savage Worlds accessories 'tweaked' for the setting - chase deck, action deck, power cards (spell cards), GM screen. I also backed for a complete conversion of Rise of the Runelords, their best-known campaign - six full books worth, plus an additional setting book and handouts. I have always liked the adventure path, and have quite a few accessories related to it - pawns, item cards, hell even a reproduction of a medallion that plays a part in the story. I've been really looking forward to getting it.

But it honestly left me depressed. Each item I pulled out of the box inspired me with cool ideas for how I could use it at the table. But it has been two years (almost exactly) since my tabletop group broke up, and the chances of finding a new one are vanishingly slim. The chances are that I'll never get to use most of what's there, and realizing that kind of sucked the joy out of the unboxing.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:24 pm I fully accept my fate. Though I will still die on the hill defending Street Masters as a Top 10 forever board game.
Yeah, Street Masters is enough to make me forget a stinker or two. But I’m hoping Hour of Need is fun. Altar Quest eventually fizzled, even though I still enjoyed it; and Brook City never really clicked for me. Dire Alliance is the one I’m really anxious for as it’s also made by David Thompson (as I mentioned earlier). Plus, I’ve got a metric ton of Street Master expansions coming soon…well…as soon as BLG pays their bills, that is.
Covfefe!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I'll give Smoove half-blame if Freedom Five sucks, since the Sadlers co-designed it. However, it feels much more like a Richard Launius game so I won't go too hard on him. :D And yes, I loooove Street Masters.
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

hepcat wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:03 pm Reminding me that I mostly collect games these days is not helping. :lol:
Me too!

I've got Sentinels of the Multiverse, It's a Wonderful Kingdom, Mini Rogue, and Tiny Epic Dungeons all sitting here unplayed. The first two are Kickstarter boxes.

Right now, my gaming table is covered with Mage Knight: Ultimate foam core insert stuff. I'm getting reasonably close to finishing the insert, so I might actually get to play the game or one of the others soon!

Oh, and I have a copy of Nemo's War coming soon with the first 3 expansions.

Hmmmmmm.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Hour of Need just arrived and the box is GIGANTIC. I am caressing the play mat since I know Hepcat just careless let his get delivered to a cold and unloving work address over the weekend.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:26 pm Hour of Need just arrived and the box is GIGANTIC. I am caressing the play mat since I know Hepcat just careless let his get delivered to a cold and unloving work address over the weekend.
Oooooh mine is coming tomorrow so please dish as you lovingly caress the minis and assorted game pieces, letting the dice fall between your fingers like gold coins! :wub:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I am...quite impressed with what I've seen just opening the core box and stretch goals. The minis all look great and have quite a bit of detail - they're going to be fun to paint, I think. The stretch goal box with the illusion (clear) minis and the toxic green clear goopy minons look awesome. With every release, they seem to get better and better. The cardboard tokens are sufficiently thick and the gaming boards are well made. The art and colors all pop nicely - it definitely has a cohesive comic book feel too it. I went "all in" with the Justice pledge so I have quite a bit of stuff.

I know they weren't happy with the relatively few pledges and had hoped maybe it would take off once backers had copies. I don't know if there's any hope for it to be reprinted or for them to turn this into a retail release, but just looking at it, it has a very polished feel. Hopefully it plays the same.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:54 pm I am...quite impressed with what I've seen just opening the core box and stretch goals. The minis all look great and have quite a bit of detail - they're going to be fun to paint, I think. The stretch goal box with the illusion (clear) minis and the toxic green clear goopy minons look awesome. With every release, they seem to get better and better. The cardboard tokens are sufficiently thick and the gaming boards are well made. The art and colors all pop nicely - it definitely has a cohesive comic book feel too it. I went "all in" with the Justice pledge so I have quite a bit of stuff.

I know they weren't happy with the relatively few pledges and had hoped maybe it would take off once backers had copies. I don't know if there's any hope for it to be reprinted or for them to turn this into a retail release, but just looking at it, it has a very polished feel. Hopefully it plays the same.
This is very encouraging and I’m happy we’re finally getting this game into our hands. Good artwork is pretty key for a board game and even more so for a super hero game!
Black lives matter!

Fishbelly

Post by Fishbelly »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:54 pm I am...quite impressed with what I've seen just opening the core box and stretch goals. The minis all look great and have quite a bit of detail - they're going to be fun to paint, I think. The stretch goal box with the illusion (clear) minis and the toxic green clear goopy minons look awesome. With every release, they seem to get better and better. The cardboard tokens are sufficiently thick and the gaming boards are well made. The art and colors all pop nicely - it definitely has a cohesive comic book feel too it. I went "all in" with the Justice pledge so I have quite a bit of stuff.

Your comments have helped bring back my enthusiasm for this game that had, unfortunately, diminished after many delays, rants by unhappy backers, etc. My copy is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so thanks for that! :D

If only Burncycle would show up as well. It's label was created before Hour of Need by QML, but while they shipped Hour of Need, Burncycle is still sitting in limbo. Here's hoping it arrives soon.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Yes, I also wish you would get Burncycle… so they would start fulfilling preorders!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Fishbelly wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:23 pm Your comments have helped bring back my enthusiasm for this game that had, unfortunately, diminished after many delays, rants by unhappy backers, etc. My copy is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so thanks for that! :D
I honestly was feeling the same, but once I opened the giant box and started looking through it all I had to share. Plus I have the game mat and hepcat doesn't. That is the most important thing to point out.
Fishbelly

Post by Fishbelly »

baelthazar wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:53 pm Yes, I also wish you would get Burncycle… so they would start fulfilling preorders! Image
I'll do what I can to speed things up for you. :D

I want preorders to ship myself, as I didn't order the brass minis during the kickstarter, but folded afterward and pre-ordered them. Sigh.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:26 pm Hour of Need just arrived and the box is GIGANTIC. I am caressing the play mat since I know Hepcat just careless let his get delivered to a cold and unloving work address over the weekend.
In my mind, I’m wrapped up nice and warm in an oversized play mat.

Can’t wait to get my copy tomorrow!

Edit: just checked my order on the pledge manager, and I guess I didn’t get the playmats. Sounds like each player would need one though and I couldn’t see spending another 40 to 60 bucks to be a completionist. I did order the Divine Law and Jade Kid expansions though. Plus extra dice. I learned my lesson that last one. You need ‘em.
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Queen's Dilemma is coming to Kickstarter soon. I finally got my hands on King's Dilemma but haven't had a chance to play it. Stupid Pandemic. I may be in for Queen's Dilemma regardless because the concept is cool.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Unpacked and organized my copy of Hour of Need and the 38 expansions I got. I also realized there was no need to order that extra set of dice as each of those expansions include dice. I now have enough dice for 6 players, my neighbors extended family, most of Guatemala, and maybe a small circus.

Watched a 42 minute how to play video and I’m still a little unclear on how the “panel” spaces work, so I’ll have to crack open the rule book later. It does appear at first glance to incorporate the combat mechanics of Street Masters, the case solving mechanics of Brook City and the threat/villain portions of Altar Quest. Let’s hope that doesn’t topple under its own weight though.
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I don't know what video you watched, but I preferred the One Stop Coop shop's video from 2019 instead of the official one from 2021. The official one covers everything, but it felt like it jumped around too much. the One Stop video ("Demo play through") is much more focused as he's just playing and narrating what he's doing. There's an updated play through coming as I'm not really sure if the demo is exactly the same as the game that shipped (in terms of rules).

The Panels are unique spaces that are just "zoomed in" areas on the bigger map. There reason they exist is basically to get around stacking limits. Unlike regular spaces that can only hold one "thing" (enemy, citizen, goon, etc...) the panels can hold all kinds of minis or tokens at the same time. In this way those panels make it more difficult for you to potentially address whatever is happening on that spot because you might need to deal with some minions, lackeys and the boss all at the same time. If you ignore them and try to deal with whatever is at that location, all those enemies will damage you.

I have the 4 player box all sorted and sleeved, to which I've added the stretch goals and bystander minis. I haven't even cracked open the three stand-alone expansions but I've seen people posting on BGG that they've managed to condense it all down to two boxes.The trays that hold the minis are nice, but they take up so much space. I appreciate how they made sure the minis arrived safe, but trying to keep them all is a problem (for me).
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yeah, the video I watched was the one with Scottie from Blacklist Games. It was the more recent one, as I was afraid to watch a tutorial that was older than that in fear that rules had been changed since then/before production.

I get that the scheme space is just a zoomed in/stack limitation free representation of the space on the board, but I just wasn't sure how heroes got there as the video I watched made it sound like only villains, bystanders, minions and lackeys were ever placed there. But the rulebook does state that heroes immediately go to a scheme space on the side of the map when they occupy the corresponding space on the map. So that's cleared up. Now I'm just not sure how lackeys get to the scheme spaces on the side board, but I believe I'll learn that once I start my first game.

I will say that they need to be clear on the bystander and minion component limitations. I just combined most of my stuff from the other expansions when I shrunk it all down to just two boxes. But now I realize you only put a limited number of bystanders and minions into your game...period. That's a hard stop and once you run out of those, bad things can happen. There is a picture of a set up for a normal game in the early part of the book and you can count the number of tokens they have there, but I don't see in the set up rules where it actually tells you how many. I also have the bystander and minion miniature upgrade, which should have had that in the box on a card or something.

Update: okay, first game down. I won…but it was close. I probably got a few rules wrong, but I think I have the gist of it now. My initial assessment still holds. They took the mechanics from the different games mentioned above and mixed them together. But it still comes down to the complexity that arises from the combination of a villain deck and a scenario (i.e. issue) deck. I played a beginner combination and I still struggled initially to understand what was going on with those two things. However, that’s something I’m used to with the MDS franchise, so I wasn’t expecting anything less.

It’s still too early to see if this has legs. And I still prefer Street Masters by a large margin…and maybe Altar Quest by a little bit. But I did enjoy my time with it. I think I need to sink some more time into it.
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And Sword & Sorcery: Ancient Chronicles has arrived (due Dec 2019 - it's a bit late.) It looks great, though. I really enjoyed the first one. It was a nice dungeon crawler with a lot of depth, and was one of the first big board games I tried to pick up all of the 'goodies' for, so backing Ancient Chronicles was a given.

It is also my last outstanding 'big' campaign. All that is left is a few small items - a book here, a small item there. I'm still holding off doing more big projects (especially since most big projects have a "We'll charge shipping later, after you've committed" policy now - understandable, but too risky for me. But the nice thing about Kickstarter is (or was) that sometimes you can order something when things are going well, then get in a big box of 'new' a couple of years later when you're broke and haven't been able to buy much for six months. I'll admit it doesn't make the most big-picture budgetary sense, but dammit, it does cheer you up!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

The pledge manager has opened for Middara Acts 2 & 3. $200 for both if you already have Act 1, which isn't terrible except for the unknown shipping fees. I'm torn between biting the bullet, or holding out and hoping I can pick it up in their store after the fact (though there's a chance it could be even pricier by then).

The decision wouldn't be that hard if this wasn't tied with Gloomhaven for my absolute favorite dungeon crawler of all time.
Fishbelly

Post by Fishbelly »

My copy of Burncycle has arrived at long last, and it looks glorious--not surprising considering I'm a big Chip Theory Games fanboy. So much neoprene, so many chips, so shiny! I'd love to spend all weekend playing this, as well as my recently arrived Hour of Need, but as (bad) luck would have it I'm scheduled to go out of town for the weekend with my wife for our anniversary.

Since I suspect she'd not be pleased if I packed them for the trip, I probably won't get to dive in until the following weekend. :grund:

At least my teaching year ends next Friday, so I will have the summer to play to my heart's content. Can't wait!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

YellowKing wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:18 pm The pledge manager has opened for Middara Acts 2 & 3. $200 for both if you already have Act 1, which isn't terrible except for the unknown shipping fees. I'm torn between biting the bullet, or holding out and hoping I can pick it up in their store after the fact (though there's a chance it could be even pricier by then).

The decision wouldn't be that hard if this wasn't tied with Gloomhaven for my absolute favorite dungeon crawler of all time.
I bit the bullet for expansions 2 and 3...then downloaded the 1.2 rules. I've said it before: I hate anime themed games...but the damn game itself is just such an incredibly solid dungeon crawler that I can't resist. The combat is just so damn good. :wub:
Covfefe!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

hepcat wrote:I bit the bullet for expansions 2 and 3...then downloaded the 1.2 rules. I've said it before: I hate anime themed games...but the damn game itself is just such an incredibly solid dungeon crawler that I can't resist. The combat is just so damn good.
Yeah, after sleeping on it I'm in for Acts 2 & 3 as well. I know that if that $200 doesn't go towards this, it will go towards 2 or 3 other games that I probably will never get the same playtime and enjoyment out of.

It's rare that I can take my gaming money and buy something with 100% confidence I'm going to love every minute of it, so why not invest in a sure thing.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It's live

I see a ~$40 add on for solo and another $31 to get reprinted manuals and guides. Feels a bit...excessive. I'll need to think about this.
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

I see now it's mentioned in the FAQ, but I never knew the Street Masters: Tide of the Dragon standalone expansion is itself a relaunch of a shady failed Kickstarter game titled "Dragon Tides".

Seems the designer of that game wound up working at BLG and convinced them to release Dragon Tides, just made to work with the Street Masters system and minus the Bruce/Brandon Lee licensing. Apparently those who pledged for Dragon Tides and got squat could sign up for "free" copies of this new version.

I felt bad enough for folks waiting for this particular project. Can't imagine someone who backed Dragon Tides in 2014/15 holding out hope to maybe get something now. More of the story here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/251735 ... -beginning

I think my odds of getting a surplus copy of Tide of the Dragon are pretty slim now. On the plus side, I finally found a good used copy of Aftershock online (just Aftershock, not the equally massive Aftershock Stretch Goals I already have, nor a massive bundle of everything Street Masters for $400+). All I'm really missing now is Essence of Evil. While I appreciate how much content the Redemption packs provide, I'm not really interested in them.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Time for a status check on my outstanding kickstarted games. Almost everything is delayed, of course:

An Empty Throne - The newest addition, estimated delivery this summer. I think it will come through on time, since it's a modest production being printed in the U.S.
Shikoku 1889 - Delayed because the graphic designer was in serious road accident a couple of months ago.
Circadians: Chaos Order - Printed and on the boat. It should arrive in the next couple of months.
Distilled - Supposedly still on track for December. So I'm predicting April 2023.
Stationfall - They haven't provided a new estimate, but based on their latest updates I'd guess November-December.
John Company - Likely September.
The Transcontinental - Wow, has the communication been bad on this one. The game is printed and supposedly arrived in the U.S. in late April, but there's no indication that it's being sent out.
Categorickell - The designer has acknowledged that this is not going to happen. Which is fine, it was an extremely indie production. The kind of thing that Kickstarter was originally intended for, with the accompanying risks.
Glorantha: The Gods War - Umm, maybe early 2024? Petersen Games has at least two even-more-delayed Kickstarters to get through before this can begin manufacturing.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:00 pm It's live

I see a ~$40 add on for solo and another $31 to get reprinted manuals and guides. Feels a bit...excessive. I'll need to think about this.
I like the idea of them releasing an RPG to go along with it all, but their implementation has pretty much killed my desire. It is:

1. Based on a the horribly crunch D&D 3.5 rules system, a system that is 20 years out of date in a hobby that has spent the last 20 years evolving rapidly
2. The price for the core rulebook is the same thing I'd expect to pay for that book brand new off of the shelf. There's no deal here.
3. There will be no .pdf version made. I have run (well, ran) practically every tabletop RPG with digital rulebooks for a decade now. The ability to search, and to highlight, index, and add notes in a pdf editor is a must for me.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:12 pm 3. There will be no .pdf version made. I have run (well, ran) practically every tabletop RPG with digital rulebooks for a decade now. The ability to search, and to highlight, index, and add notes in a pdf editor is a must for me.
They updated the FAQ to indicate they're in licensing talks with Warner to get the rights to release a PDF version and anyone that gets the RPG book would be given the PDF for free.

That's at least something.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:04 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:12 pm 3. There will be no .pdf version made. I have run (well, ran) practically every tabletop RPG with digital rulebooks for a decade now. The ability to search, and to highlight, index, and add notes in a pdf editor is a must for me.
They updated the FAQ to indicate they're in licensing talks with Warner to get the rights to release a PDF version and anyone that gets the RPG book would be given the PDF for free.

That's at least something.

It's a start, but I'd be far more interested in a standalone pdf than in a $60+ shipping rulebook. That's retail-plus.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

AWS260 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:49 pm
The Transcontinental - Wow, has the communication been bad on this one. The game is printed and supposedly arrived in the U.S. in late April, but there's no indication that it's being sent out.
Wow, that is a blast from the past. I was following that one for a while, seems like an eternity ago. I even played the game and thought it was pretty solid but didn't end up backing it.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:46 pm It's a start, but I'd be far more interested in a standalone pdf than in a $60+ shipping rulebook. That's retail-plus.
I'm guessing print manufacturing costs and licensing fees are eating into any discount they could offer. Everything is upside down now. My general philosophy of late is to only back things (1) I really want and (2) would be afraid of not being able to get in post KS retail environments, possibly at an increased cost.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yep. I just can't see myself backing a book that I could get at the same price once it is released - or likely cheaper. There is no incentive to buy it now (a year and a half before it is released) vs waiting and getting it when it comes out. If I still want it - which I'm not sure I do. I don't want more 3.5e. I'd rather adapt Savage Worlds or Torg if I were going to play a Batman game, or just use something like Fate/PBTA.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

AWS260 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:49 pm Time for a status check on my outstanding kickstarted games. Almost everything is delayed, of course:
Playing along to make everyone feel better about themselves and their pledging history. Oldest to newest.

Shadow Tactics - the Board Game
– (estimated delivery 2019) - Company seems to have imploded, original owner is a deadbeat and one of the employees seems like he is trying to save the project but can’t do much.
Cthulhu Wars: CATaclysm – (estimated delivery 2020) - Oof, what a massive fall from grace for Peterson Games, I don’t see many people supporting them in the future.
Beyond Humanity: Colonies – Shipping is starting.
Titan – Shipping is starting.
Divinity Original Sin the Board Game – I expect this one to arrive sometime around the heat death of the universe.
D.E.I. - Divide et Impera – Shipping starts in June/July.
Stars of Akarios – Shipping starts in June/July.
Aquanauts - Discover the Deep – Delays.
Sheol Board Game – Production Done, company in danger of bankruptcy because of freight increase.
The Age of Atlantis – Delays.
High Rise: The UltraPlastic Edition – Don’t know.
Windward – Delays.
Campaign Trail: Second Edition – Delays, company is maybe broke?
ENDLESS WINTER – Minor delays.
The Warp – Minor delays.
Feed the Kraken – Shipping starts in June/July.
Sons of Faeriell – Shipping starts in June/July.
Darwin's Journey
Stellaris Infinite Legacy
Transmissions Board Game – Shipping starts in June/July.
Stationfall
My Father's Work – Received a shipping notice today.
I C E
Forests of Pangaia – Production is wrapping up.
Bantam West – Mid-production.
Dragonbond: Lords of Vaala
EOS - Island of Angels
Beast
Voidfall
Mythwind
Fractal: Beyond the Void
Hegemony
Resurgence
Age of Rome
Aldarra
Autobahn
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Lordnine wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:48 pm
Wow, that is a blast from the past. I was following that one for a while, seems like an eternity ago. I even played the game and thought it was pretty solid but didn't end up backing it.
Yeah, it's pretty clear that the designer has had a rough ride. He's said that the delays have led to anxiety that makes it difficult for him to communicate about the status of the project. I've been there (not running a kickstarter, but the crippling anxiety part) and I sympathize. Hopefully it'll show up eventually.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

AWS260 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:14 pm
Lordnine wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:48 pm
Yeah, it's pretty clear that the designer has had a rough ride. He's said that the delays have led to anxiety that makes it difficult for him to communicate about the status of the project. I've been there (not running a kickstarter, but the crippling anxiety part) and I sympathize. Hopefully it'll show up eventually.
Oh, I actually sympathize a lot having run two Kickstarters. Every time something went wrong it was like a massive kick to the stomach with anxiety thinking of how to write an update to explain the issue without having people freak out. It’s like working in customer service at a retail store except every person has your home phone number.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Small list:

Earth - Q4 2022?
Freedom Five - Late Q4 - I expect this one to get bumped to 2023
Hoplomachus Victorum/Hoplomachus Remastered - ???
Middara Acts 2 & 3 - Q4 but I kind of expect this one to get bumped as well

From my gaming group:

Reckoners - Steelheart expansion - Just shipped
Frosthaven - Late 2022

I don't anticipate backing anything else this year. Middara Act 1 should keep me busy for a few months, even if I don't buy anything at GenCon (which I inevitably will).