Abortion news and discussion

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Re: Abortion news and discussion

Post by Isgrimnur »

That think tank? The Heartland Institute.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:12 am So when one argument is proven to be bogus you switch to a different argument so you don't renounce the first one? :doh:
Not being able to provide proof isn't necessarily an indicator of anything. :think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbYgpmPcNa0
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:15 am
A conservative think tank claims that a recent survey conducted in partnership with Rasmussen Reports shows that over a quarter of Americans engaged in ballot fraud during the 2020 presidential election, drawing questions about the study's methodology.
So your position is that based on a Rasmussen poll ( :roll: ), 25% of American voters - which would be 40 million+ people - engaged in ballot fraud last election.

Yet even with a scale of fraud that incredibly massive, there isn't a single instance that has actually been proven in a court of law despite multiple attempts.

Man, the Deep State is truly amazing! :lol: :lol:
Yeah my take away was similar. I didn't do math to come up with 20 million but it didn't take much to jump nor was led to a quarter of Americans by the original quote but
28.2% of survey respondents "who voted by mail admitted to committing at least one kind of voter fraud."
Sounds like bullshit to me. That would still extend to millions of voters who using voting by mail ballots to commit fraud and admitting to it by poll. That's :roll: of pr0ner proportions.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:lol: I love how “helped someone fill out a ballot” immediately means they changed someone’s vote. I love how they switch from “we have evidence” to “there’s a chance it could have happened”.

Since mail in voting has been around for a long time, this means that Trump didn’t actually win in 2016, I guess. :mrgreen:

I did predict our resident Trumper would never admit he was wrong though….even when everyone around him proves so.
em2nought wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:01 am
Jaymann wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:12 am So when one argument is proven to be bogus you switch to a different argument so you don't renounce the first one? :doh:
Not being able to provide proof isn't necessarily an indicator of anything. :think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbYgpmPcNa0
I don’t have proof to back up my belief that the world is flat, therefore I’m right! :lol:

Eventually that hole you’re digging will get you to china. While you’re there, see if you can find the factory where they really make Trump sneakers.
He won. Period.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Again, they've never explained why, if election fraud was that easy, would the Dems not take the House and Senate while they were at it. Or why Hillary didn't win in 2016.

I guess it's only election fraud when your guy doesn't win. Otherwise everything was on the up and up. The gullibility to actually believe that is hard to comprehend.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:26 am I didn't do math to come up with 20 million
Google says there are 160 million registered voters in the US. According to Rasumssen,25% of them are low down, dirty, election fraud-ing cheaters, which would be 40 million, give or take.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
disarm

Post by disarm »

Skinypupy wrote:
LordMortis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:26 am I didn't do math to come up with 20 million
Google says there are 160 million registered voters in the US. According to Rasumssen,25% of them are low down, dirty, election fraud-ing cheaters, which would be 40 million, give or take.
Actually, the survey claims 25% of mail-in voters, not all voters.

That doesn't mean it's any less of a bullshit survey though.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

disarm wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:00 am
Skinypupy wrote:

Ah, got it.

EAC says around 32% of people voted by mail, so out of 158 million total votes cast, that means 50 million voted by mail. 25% of that would be 12.6 million people who are fraudulent. So yeah, still utter nonsense.

But I'm sure MAGA feels really strongly that it's true, so it therefore is in their world.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Skinypupy wrote:25% of that would be 12.6 million people who are fraudulent.
12.6 million Democratic voters who are fraudulent. Because apparently Republicans don't commit mail fraud which is so easy it can used to overturn national elections. :roll:
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

YellowKing wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:25 am Again, they've never explained why, if election fraud was that easy, would the Dems not take the House and Senate while they were at it. Or why Hillary didn't win in 2016.

I guess it's only election fraud when your guy doesn't win. Otherwise everything was on the up and up. The gullibility to actually believe that is hard to comprehend.
Or maybe the fraud was why Trump won in 2016. :)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Can we get back on topic, please? And by on topic, I mean Trump sneakers.

Goddamn, what kind of moron would walk around in those?

....don't answer that. :ninja:
He won. Period.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:33 am
disarm wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:00 am
Skinypupy wrote:

Ah, got it.

EAC says around 32% of people voted by mail, so out of 158 million total votes cast, that means 50 million voted by mail. 25% of that would be 12.6 million people who are fraudulent. So yeah, still utter nonsense.

But I'm sure MAGA feels really strongly that it's true, so it therefore is in their world.
I am all for belief without evidence if it makes MAGATs reject voting by mail. As I said elsewhere every MAGAT who doesn't vote because for some reason they can't make it to the polling place is a boon.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:09 am That think tank? The Heartland Institute.
It's an amateurish analysis. I can't find the full poll methodology, and specifically who they polled, but the analysis that is the basis of the report is not the work of professionals.

Additionally, even they admit that, in their amateurish fraud extrapolation scenario, 42% of the fraudulent ballots would have been for Trump.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

hepcat wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:56 am Can we get back on topic, please? And by on topic, I mean Trump sneakers.

I'm too cheap to buy those. :wink:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I can't prove you did buy them so you must have bought them. :mrgreen:
He won. Period.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hepcat wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:56 am Can we get back on topic, please? And by on topic, I mean Trump sneakers.

I was about to point you to the SNL skit, but remembered you were the one that posted it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

They're just...I mean...no one could possibly think they look good walking around in what appears to be a spare piece of clothing from set of The Wiz.

But then again, we're talking about Deplorables.
He won. Period.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

hepcat wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:47 pm They're just...I mean...no one could possibly think they look good walking around in what appears to be a spare piece of clothing from set of The Wiz.

But then again, we're talking about Deplorables.
Trump's shoes look better than Joe's do. :wink:

Enlarge Image
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

You know what they say about big feet, don’t you?

Conversely, you know what they say about small hands, don’t you?

:ninja:
He won. Period.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

hepcat wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:28 pm You know what they say about big feet, don’t you?

Conversely, you know what they say about small hands, don’t you?

:ninja:
Hey now, if I get any heavier I'll have an innie instead of an outie. :doh:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

Birthday cake murderer. Bill Burr.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Jj3cE-i27jc
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Burr should go further and state that grabbing the pan after pouring the batter in it and throwing it across the kitchen would cause someone to shout "You ruined my birthday cake!". Which effectively means, if you masturbate, you're killing a baby.

So I better not hear about any republicans masturbating around here!
He won. Period.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

hepcat wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:11 pm Burr should go further and state that grabbing the pan after pouring the batter in it and throwing it across the kitchen would cause someone to shout "You ruined my birthday cake!". Which effectively means, if you masturbate, you're killing a baby.

You are in good company. Immanuel Kant thought that masturbation was worse than murder.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Jaymann wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:50 pm
hepcat wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:11 pm Burr should go further and state that grabbing the pan after pouring the batter in it and throwing it across the kitchen would cause someone to shout "You ruined my birthday cake!". Which effectively means, if you masturbate, you're killing a baby.

You are in good company. Immanuel Kant thought that masturbation was worse than murder.
Yeah, well...

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Jaymann wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:50 pm

I kant believe it!

...jesus, i'm so sorry. that...i mean...i'm so sorry.
He won. Period.
Victoria Raverna

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:05 am
Alefroth wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:03 pm I'd love to see people start applying for SSNs for frozen embryos.
And claiming tax deductions. Dependents: 34.
I mean, this makes sense. If the embyos are legally considered children and they are your or your wifes embyos then that means they are your dependents.
I think you're on to something..
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Yeah. I know I've lost a lot of medical knowledge but IIRC, an embryo by itself will never grow up to be a child without the accompanying sperm. Thetefor sperm should be considered children as well and if you masterbate you are committing mass murder.
I mean unless you freeze them too in which case blackhawks idea means you niw have a million dependents!
Victoria Raverna

Punisher wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:41 am

Yeah. I know I've lost a lot of medical knowledge but IIRC, an embryo by itself will never grow up to be a child without the accompanying sperm. Thetefor sperm should be considered children as well and if you masterbate you are committing mass murder.
I mean unless you freeze them too in which case blackhawks idea means you niw have a million dependents!
I think embryo are fertilized so no longer need sperm.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Punisher wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:41 am Yeah. I know I've lost a lot of medical knowledge but IIRC, an embryo by itself will never grow up to be a child without the accompanying sperm.
Yeah, No. I can only imagine that you are thinking "egg", not "embryo".

An embryo is the combination of an egg and a sperm.... Probably a fundamental thing for you to get straightened out.

Also:

There are Jews in the world.
There are Buddhists.
There are Hindus and Mormons, and then
There are those that follow Mohammed,
But,
I've never been one of them.

I'm a Roman Catholic,I'm a Roman Catholic...
And have been since before I was born,
And the one thing they say about Catholics is
They'll take you as soon as you're warm.

You don't have to be a six-footer.
You don't have to have a great brain.
You don't have to have any clothes on.
You're a Catholic the moment Dad came,
Because...

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

Let the heathens spill theirs,
On the dusty ground.
God shall make them pay for
Each sperm that can't be found
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Unagi wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 am Also:
Dammit, beat me to it.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Unagi wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 am
Punisher wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:41 am Yeah. I know I've lost a lot of medical knowledge but IIRC, an embryo by itself will never grow up to be a child without the accompanying sperm.

An embryo is the combination of an egg and a sperm.... Probably a fundamental thing for you to get straightened out.
I stand corrected. Guess i list more medical knowledge than i thoyght. That makes me sad.
Guess i need clarification than. Arte they freezing embryos or just eggs and this is more about what happens after they become embryos.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Embryos.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Victoria Raverna

Punisher wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:40 pm
Unagi wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 am

I stand corrected. Guess i list more medical knowledge than i thoyght. That makes me sad.
Guess i need clarification than. Arte they freezing embryos or just eggs and this is more about what happens after they become embryos.
Actually they're freezing both.

For IVF, they freeze embryo because they want to choose the best ones to implant so the leftover are fertilized eggs/embryo that are "lesser" quality. Those leftover are the ones that they freeze.

But there are also women that freeze their eggs. For example some women want to freeze their eggs so they can have kids later when they're older. Or because they want to undergo treatment that can affect their eggs like for cancer patients.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Punisher wrote:I stand corrected. Guess i list more medical knowledge than i thoyght. That makes me sad.
Look on the bright side. By Congressional standards it makes you more than qualified to pass laws related to female reproductive health!
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

YellowKing wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:14 pm
Punisher wrote:I stand corrected. Guess i list more medical knowledge than i thoyght. That makes me sad.
Look on the bright side. By Congressional standards it makes you more than qualified to pass laws related to female reproductive health!
So you're say that this will help my presidential campaign?

So, just to make sure im on the same page for today.
They make embryos for IVF but not on a one to one basis, ie 1 women one embryo.
They do more than one and when done select the best one and freeze the extras.
If this part is correct then go 5o next. If not please correct.

If correct what this is saying is that as soon as it's an embryo
They are saying this is a child and the doc or whoever is now responsible for them. Ev3n if they arent viable and might never have progressed they are responsible for not harming it.
Is that correct? I dont need techy details as they wont last long in my brain. Just trying to get even a basic understanding of this ESPECIALLY since i scrwed up the embryo thing above.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Yup, you've got it.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Punisher wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:40 pm I stand corrected. Guess i list more medical knowledge than i thoyght. That makes me sad.
Makes me sad too. I'm sorry Punisher. Still, you seem to be doing well!