News about Netflix exclusive films and content

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

stimpy

Re: Netflix exclusive films and content

Post by stimpy »

On a unrelated note, if you like womens nipples, I mean REALLY like womens nipples, I'm not kidding....it's like non stop nipplegate.....check out Lockdown.
Almost done with Season 1 and the story is getting better.
Sort of a Orange is the New Black kind of show, but with many more nipples.
The nipple count has stayed persistent.
I mean, they're everywhere!!
It must be freezing in that prison.

Cant wait to see the nipples they bring in for Season 2, 3, 4 .
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Freyland wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:02 am
Rumpy wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:35 pm Watched Red Notice today and thought it was a lot of fun. Felt like a Jackie Chan movie at times. Dwayne Johnson and Ryan Reynolds make a good pairing.
Just watched it. Actually enjoyed a movie for once.
I would actually consider it one of Netflix's best movies. I felt it was strong all the way through.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

To help Stimpy decide on whether or not to add it to his watch list, would you say it has more or less than 2 NpM (Nipples per Minute)?
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Might be spoilers

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

stimpy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:17 pm On a unrelated note, if you like womens nipples, I mean REALLY like womens nipples, I'm not kidding....it's like non stop nipplegate.....check out Lockdown.
Almost done with Season 1 and the story is getting better.
Sort of a Orange is the New Black kind of show, but with many more nipples.
The nipple count has stayed persistent.
I mean, they're everywhere!!
It must be freezing in that prison.

Cant wait to see the nipples they bring in for Season 2, 3, 4 .
So, as I do like women's nipples, I went hunting for a preview. Is this on Netflix? Not showing up on a search in the app, and Google tells me Lockdown is a 2006 documentary.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Ah shit.....yeah. Got the nip, er, title wrong.
Sorry.
Enjoy ze nips!!
He/Him/His/Porcupine
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

hepcat wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:29 pm To help Stimpy decide on whether or not to add it to his watch list, would you say it has more or less than 2 NpM (Nipples per Minute)?
I watched it.
Waaaay les than 2 NpM.
Hell.....might even contain Zero NpM. Not even any Rock nipples, which is unusual. But hey....he's an actor now.

Still managed to enjoy it somehow.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:47 pm Might be spoilers

The best part about those bloopers is that they're actually in the movie in some form. For example, when Ryan's character drops the egg, I'm not sure if it was part of the script or not or if they kept a version of that in, but he does drop it in a clumsy fashion.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Just got a notification that Masters of the Universe Revelation Part 2 released today. I knew it was coming at some point, didn't realize it was so soon.

I loved the first part, definitely looking forward to this conclusion.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yeah, i was completely taken by surprise at how much I enjoyed that. I never in a million years would have guessed that to be true.
He won. Period.
disarm

Post by disarm »

I binged the whole second half of MotU with my son this evening and really enjoyed it. While I don't think it was quite as exciting as the first part, it's still a great story and very well done. They do leave an opening for the show to continue, so hopefully we'll get more.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Made it about 20 minutes into Red Notice before bailing. I think I’m done with their attempts at blockbusters.
He won. Period.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:43 pm Made it about 20 minutes into Red Notice before bailing. I think I’m done with their attempts at blockbusters.
I wanted to like Red Notice. The actors should have been fun to watch but I fell asleep and when my wife asked if she should pause it I decided I could do without it.

That's okay though since Netflix has a lot of other things to watch. They know how to do a good series.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

However, Arcane just gets better and better. I’ve been slowly consuming them, but I’m doing a marathon today after giving up on Red Notice.

I’m glad the reviews are so overwhelmingly great for it.
He won. Period.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

hepcat wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:35 pm However, Arcane just gets better and better. I’ve been slowly consuming them, but I’m doing a marathon today after giving up on Red Notice.

Same. I simultaneously can't wait for season 2 and also want them to take their time.
Spoiler:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The music even got better after the first episode. I think I just disliked the breathy Billie Eillish knockoff stuff in the first one. After that, it was more operatic with light pop.

I want them to do a Bioshock and a Dishonored version now. Maybe even a Borderlands adaptation.
He won. Period.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

$iljanus wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:52 pm
hepcat wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:43 pm Made it about 20 minutes into Red Notice before bailing. I think I’m done with their attempts at blockbusters.
I wanted to like Red Notice. The actors should have been fun to watch but I fell asleep and when my wife asked if she should pause it I decided I could do without it.

That's okay though since Netflix has a lot of other things to watch. They know how to do a good series.
I dunno, I liked it. Which is more than I can say than most of their other attempts. More or less, I actually prefer the series they put out to their movies.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I gave up on Red Notice about halfway through, though I'll probably go back and finish it.

After watching Free Guy recently, I fear I'm growing tired of Ryan Reynolds' "14-year old smart-ass trapped in a grown man's body" schtick. I know that's his thing, but now I can't shake the feeling he's just playing Deadpool in every role.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rumpy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:21 pm More or less, I actually prefer the series they put out to their movies.
This is where I’m at these days. I couldn’t give two timbits about most of their movie attempts.
He won. Period.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

hepcat wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:16 pm
Rumpy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:21 pm More or less, I actually prefer the series they put out to their movies.
This is where I’m at these days. I couldn’t give two timbits about most of their movie attempts.
I mean, most of the feeling I get when I see big names attached to their movies is that they spent most of their money on them, and not enough on the scripts. The good movies they have are really few and far between and tend to be flukes more often than not.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Rumpy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:22 pm
hepcat wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:16 pm
I mean, most of the feeling I get when I see big names attached to their movies is that they spent most of their money on them, and not enough on the scripts. The good movies they have are really few and far between and tend to be flukes more often than not.
Is that how movies are financed?
Ya get an amount of money and you use that money to pay for some big stars and then use the remainder to buy a script ?

I’m mean, that’s what you just said.
:P :D
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

In simplistic terms, sort of. You got the budget and you have allocate it among the actors you hire and those writing the story and the rest of the crew. It happens that most of the money goes to the actors because they've been paid so much and it hasn't been unheard of that a production will run out of money.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I guess I’ve been lead to believe that actors are often shown a script for what they are being considered to work on. But that’s just Hollywood telling me that, so I have no idea if that’s made up.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

And now that it think about it. I suppose I am taking about a ‘movie’ and I think you are talking about a series ?

Or wait, no. You are talking about a movie being cast by big stars before it’s even written by no-talents.
Last edited by Unagi on Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Well, sure, that's one aspect. But again, it's all got to be balanced out as part of the budget. Whether they want them or whether they can afford them are two different aspects. They might afford them, but blow the budget and not have room to allocate for much else, and that's what I feel happens to most Netflix movies.

And no, I'm talking movie as well.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Yeah. I don’t think movies have a ‘budget’ for the script. The script was written before they get funded. ... For the most part.

You’re right that a star can drag the money out of the film, but I don’t think it’s the script so much as other things that suffer. But I image that’s just my opinion. Not saying you’re wrong.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Unagi wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:37 pm Or wait, no. You are talking about a movie being cast by big stars before it’s even written by no-talents.
Right, that's more or less the gist of what I'm feeling with Netflix. They'll get all their ducks in a row with big stars and make a big splash about it, but in the process don't leave much room for the writing and everything else. The same can be said for many of the movies by big name directors they've gotten, many of them feeling like they're the director's half-baked ideas that have been sitting around for awhile in their drawers. It's all theoretical talk, btw.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I don’t think big stars sign onto a movie that’s yet to be written very often.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, and you'd be right. I'm just saying that's what it feels like with Netflix movies though :D I've found most of their movies to be frustrating watches, and I think for about 90% of them, I'd say I didn't enjoy them.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

hepcat wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:35 pm However, Arcane just gets better and better. I’ve been slowly consuming them, but I’m doing a marathon today after giving up on Red Notice.

As glowing as the reviews have been and as much as everyone has been gushing about it, I thought there was no possible way Arcane could live up to all the hype. Just finished Episode 4, and if anything, y'all are underselling this show. It's absolutely incredible.

I nearly skipped it because I know nothing about the game, but am so very glad I didn't.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The characters in Arcane as so fully realized and so well written and the story is so emotionally strong and just plain interesting, that it’s almost like they’re showing off by making it one of the most beautifully animated shows I’ve ever seen.
He won. Period.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

They certainly nuked the idea that videogame adaptations can't be great.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The Castlevania anime was also pretty good. I think its surprise popularity helped get Arcane made.
He won. Period.
Malificent

Post by Malificent »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:16 am

As glowing as the reviews have been and as much as everyone has been gushing about it, I thought there was no possible way Arcane could live up to all the hype. Just finished Episode 4, and if anything, y'all are underselling this show. It's absolutely incredible.

I nearly skipped it because I know nothing about the game, but am so very glad I didn't.
Yeah, I've had a couple friends say they were going to skip it because they didn't know anything about the game and I have been totally evangelizing for this show.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Not sure if this should go here as it's not a Netflix backed film, but it is only on Netflix in the U.S. as far as I can tell. Anyway, The Fable is a fun action film from Japan based on a manga (as are 90 percent of all films being made in Japan, from what I can tell).

It features a legendary hitman who is ordered to go on vacation as he's brought too much attention to himself lately. During that time, he's ordered not to kill. However, he of course gets mixed up in a gang war and has to act to save one of the few people who has ever been nice to him in his life.

The movie is all over the place in terms of tone. One minute it's slapstick comedy, the next it's ultra violent, then it throws in a really well done action sequence. However, instead of being a weakness, the director leans into it and makes it all just work. While not terribly original, the actor playing the hitman does a great job of remaining cluelessly stoic throughout the entire thing. I think half the reason the movie worked for me was his (intended) inability to react to anything around him.

There's a sequel called The Fable: The Killer Who Doesn't Kill on Netflix as well. However, I liked the first one more. Although there's a fantastic action sequence towards the end of the sequel on some scaffolding that would give Jackie Chan a run for his money.

He won. Period.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

hepcat wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:57 pm There's a sequel called The Fable: The Killer Who Doesn't Kill on Netflix as well. However, I liked the first one more. Although there's a fantastic action sequence towards the end of the sequel on some scaffolding that would give Jackie Chan a run for his money.
hep, ever see the 2008 Thai movie Chocolate? It has some crazy fight scenes. Sadly it hasn't been on Netflix in ages.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yup, saw that one just a little while after it came out because it's from the maker of the fantastic Ong-Bak.

I love Asian cinema. Mostly the epic period pieces (The Emperor and the Assassin, Red Cliff, etc.), the action films (The Man from Nowhere, The Witch: Subversion, and all the 90s/00s martial arts films from Hong Kong), and the horror (The Wailing, The Grudge, etc.)...and of course ANYTHING from the great Takashi Miike.

Korea has been knocking it out of the park the last 10 years or so, I will say. Kingdom, I Saw the Devil and anything by Bong Joon-ho or Park Chan-wook are must sees.

Netflix has a pretty decent Asian cinema collection so that's one of the big selling points for keeping my subscription after they release yet another clunker like Red Notice.
He won. Period.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I find Netflix has a good selection of foreign and independent cinema, compared to other services.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Just finished Arcane.

IGN called it right, that was a gorram masterpiece. Absolutely incredible show.