Fast Food Foofaraw

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: Fast Food Foofaraw

Post by Daehawk »

Wja? das da hole pooint of doi'n da doo dude mahn dayame.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

My Burger King just put the price of a cup or cone of ice cream up by almost 50%. 74 cents instead of 54 cents now. I really shouldn't be eating ice cream anyway so I guess it's a good thing.
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:59 pm Wja? das da hole pooint of doi'n da doo dude mahn dayame.
I know, right. But we've just evolved to accept it ;)
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Fast food is starting to price themselves out of the game.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:56 pm Fast food is starting to price themselves out of the game.
I've been cooking at home far more often. Maybe I should buy some stock in Aldi? Our Aldi could use a bigger parking lot and store(again). The building has already been increased once. I wish they'd bring back the smaller carts though. God's waiting room clients don't do well with the new BIG @SS carts. :doh: The young and oblivious with their carts dead center in the aisle with no way around them on the sides don't make me happy either. Also, people shouldn't bring their feral progeny to grocery stores. :lol:

My Little Caesars has the least polite employees of anyplace I've EVER dealt with. They need to seriously start teaching people skills.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Aldi rented on the wrong side of town. They went with the affluent up and coming area of the town instead of the dead and dying end of the town. Their prices would be a good fit for the low income dead'er area on my end of town.. If I had working car I still didn't drive across town to go to Aldi.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I can now confirm that Walmart's Great Value version of Shake & Bake BBQ isn't anything like or as good as the Shake & Bake BBQ Glaze. That is all. :wink:
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

em2nought wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:49 am I can now confirm that Walmart's Great Value version of Shake & Bake BBQ isn't anything like or as good as the Shake & Bake BBQ Glaze. That is all. :wink:
...but it can be improved by adding some sugar and cayenne. I tried to make it sort of Thai by marinating it in some lime juice. and browning some rice then grinding that into a powder that I added to the mix. I don't think I was very successful at making it Thai. Grinding rice with the bottom of your frying pan against your cutting board is hard as hell to do. :lol: A mortar and pestle would be a good thing.

Had two breakfast burritos & hash brown at McDonalds the other morning trying to finally use up a gift card that can't be used in the app. I swear something has significantly changed with the hash brown. Maybe the oil? It wasn't nearly as good as I remember, and the combo meal was over $7. :shock: 20 cents extra if you opt for a small coke instead of coffee.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Enlarge Image

These are so great. I ordered ranch but Walmart substituted Sour Cream & Onion in. Its ok. Im fine with that but would have preferred to try the one I wanted. Anyways these things are so light and airy. Melt in your mouth. So tasty too.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Tim Hortons has introduced flatbread pizza. This sounds like it will take off just as well as McDonald's Pizza. It feels so random. Whenever I'm at a TH, I never say, "Oh yeah, I'm sure in the mood for pizza!"
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Sounds like Portland is getting their first In'N'Out and it's going in not too far from me, right next to a Chik Fil A.

Traffic in that area is going to be shit for years
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

God help ya. I dont go to Chick Fil A much due to the traffic and lines. Its but all hours of the day. They should build four or five right next to each other on the bypass lol, Well I dont have a car right now so Im not going to any drive throughs.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:05 pm God help ya. I dont go to Chick Fil A much due to the traffic and lines. Its but all hours of the day. They should build four or five right next to each other on the bypass lol, Well I dont have a car right now so Im not going to any drive throughs.
I am not a fan of chickfil.
I gave them 3 shots.
The 1st when they gave out free sandwiches at my job because they just opened near us.
It had HUGE pieces of fat or something. Tossed it.
Tried 2 other times. The mist recent was about a month ago with some grilled nuggets. It was a small container, not really enough, and they tasted off. Took them home a dropped them in my airfryer and cooked them a bunch. A bit better but not by much. Definitely not worth the price or the lines.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Punisher wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:14 pm Definitely not worth the price or the lines.
Or them being bigoted assholes.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

gbasden wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 am Or them being bigoted assholes.
I ate at Chik FIl A once, before we knew anything about their owners. It's mediocre fast food chicken. Once I learned about where their profits go I haven't been back. Our family takes joy in giving the finger to the Chik Fil A as we drive past to someplace that serves better food.

I'm a little sad that I'll have to deal with that bottleneck to get to In N Out. The kid goes to school in southern Oregon so we've started stopping at the Medford location when we're in the area and I like it a lot. The fries are kind of uniquely styrofoamy but I like them. :oops:
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I've never had a bad Chick-fil-A sandwich. I always get the basic sandwich. Can't wait until the local store is finally open. Should make all the other competitors up their game a bit too because most places are slacking. Maybe I'll only eat Chick-fil-A from now on just to make up for youse guys. :lol:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Try the grilled sandwich with lettuce and tomato but have them sub in a plan bun for that fancy brioche or whatever wheat one they have now. Its too bready for me.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:35 pm Try the grilled sandwich with lettuce and tomato but have them sub in a plan bun for that fancy brioche or whatever wheat one they have now. Its too bready for me.
Not sure I can give up my fried sandwich for the grilled sandwich. Always check the receipt because there is often a survey that gets you another sandwich for free.

Last night I did try a Shake & Bake BBQ Glaze copycat recipe which makes it very cheap per serving once you've acquired the spices(Ollie's is a good source). It's not quite as good and it's a bit off, I'll probably tweak it a bit. Might up the brown sugar & leave out the cinnamon. Makes enough for six chicken legs. I used True Lemon shaker instead of lemon rind. I think it gets lost in all the spice, might just shake it on like salt afterwards instead of mixing it in.
Today, I made a simple Copycat BBQ Glazed Shake & Bake. This is so good! I love making pork chops in my air fryer and this recipe really rocks!
Ingredients

2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
4 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Instructions
Start by adding all of the ingredients to a small blender or grinder.
Blend until smooth.
Store in an air-tight container.
This will make about 3/4 a cup. To use, coat your meat with it, and cook as normal.

Nutrition
Serving: 1gCalories: 52kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0.1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.2gSodium: 376mgPotassium: 155mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1476IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 37mgIron: 1mg
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I have a lemon zester -- a glorified rasp. Much better than using a grater because it takes off just the skin without getting into the pith, which is nasty and bitter. It makes a difference if you use lemon zest regularly.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Kraken wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:22 pm I have a lemon zester -- a glorified rasp. Much better than using a grater because it takes off just the skin without getting into the pith, which is nasty and bitter. It makes a difference if you use lemon zest regularly.
I've never done zest before, I really need to add a mortar & pestle so I can grind browned rice into powder too. Had some True Lime Shakers on order, but Amazon lost them.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Not fast food but store bought generics. Just more info where generics are half the price and twice the flavor. I love Fruit Loops..I mean really love them. But I hadn't had them in a while and went to buy some from Walmart. Holy crap they were almost $5 for a normal sized box. No way Im paying that so I ordered Walmarts store brand Great Value Fruit Spins. They were only $2 and something. I expected blander flavor and a smaller box. Wrong on both counts. They came in this huge family size box and the flavor is amazing. Much stronger than Fruit Loops. SO again I paid less got more in both flavor and amount and came out a winner with generics.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

em2nought wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:51 am
Kraken wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:22 pm I have a lemon zester -- a glorified rasp. Much better than using a grater because it takes off just the skin without getting into the pith, which is nasty and bitter. It makes a difference if you use lemon zest regularly.
I've never done zest before, I really need to add a mortar & pestle .
Be VERY careful with those. My understanding is that the pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Punisher wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:40 pm
em2nought wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:51 am
I've never done zest before, I really need to add a mortar & pestle .
Be VERY careful with those. My understanding is that the pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle.
Looks funny, somehow never managed to see that one. I'm a fan of old movies, but not so much on the "funny" man kind. Bing is about as funny as I get. :lol: