Fast Food Foofaraw

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

mori

Re: Fast Food Foofaraw

Post by mori »

Ordered Domino's over the weekend and what a disappointment. One large pizza + cheesy bread+ delivery charge+ driver tip= $41. Showed up an hour late and cold. Never again. Uninstalled the app.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

I like Domino's and get them about once a month but never delivery, I go and pick it up myself (but then again, I'm cheap and I literally NEVER order any food for delivery). I get their carryout deal coupon in my email all the time for a 3-topping large pizza for $8, so that's what I usually get. Recently they've also had the "emergency pizza" offer (complete one paid order, get a free medium pizza on a separate order), so I did that last month.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

mori wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:32 pm Ordered Domino's over the weekend and what a disappointment. One large pizza + cheesy bread+ delivery charge+ driver tip= $41. Showed up an hour late and cold. Never again. Uninstalled the app.
I think I'd die a little if I had to pay $41 for a Domino's Pizza. :doh:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

mori wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:32 pm Ordered Domino's over the weekend and what a disappointment. One large pizza + cheesy bread+ delivery charge+ driver tip= $41. Showed up an hour late and cold. Never again. Uninstalled the app.
$41? I'm old.
gilraen wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:48 pm I like Domino's and get them about once a month but never delivery, I go and pick it up myself (but then again, I'm cheap and I literally NEVER order any food for delivery). I get their carryout deal coupon in my email all the time for a 3-topping large pizza for $8, so that's what I usually get. Recently they've also had the "emergency pizza" offer (complete one paid order, get a free medium pizza on a separate order), so I did that last month.
+1. Only, since quitting my job and watching my calories, Pizza from a place is a pretty much a never treat. Like once in the last 11 months. I got a $3.14 carry out for Pi day. That's it.

Domino's not so much. I don't hate them, but pizza is such a treat that I get something I like better (either generally or for the price) when I get it. They do deals on gift cards where I can get a $50 card for $40, that gets me a $2 Kroger credit and $.40 off a gallon every once in a while and I debate doing that plus the app for one of their new customer deals, but by the time I debate it long enough the deal goes away and no harm no foul. I have too much food at home anyway. I still have two turkeys in the freezer. I was going to thaw one this week, but on Friday I can get a half ham from Meijer for $.89 a pound in combination of $10 off a $100 spend, "Santa bucks", and another $2 credit for spending $100, so ham for a week it will be before thawing that turkey.

I've so become my parents and grandparents, only I hoard less.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Why are you ordering from a national pizza chain without using any one of the numerous coupons and deals the apps and websites offer? No way that order should have cost $41.
Hodor.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Taco Bell's Double Decker Taco Is Back At Last
On December 5, Taco Bell surprised customers by announcing the limited-time return of the Double Decker in the spirit of spreading "holiday cheer." ... There's no telling exactly how long the items will be available, so if you're interested, time is of the essence.  
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I always hated Dominos. My dad loved them. I tried one about 12 years ago and I loved it. But haven't had one since. they are on the other end of town and I dont drive across town for pizza.....well maybe some CiCi's. I always get Pizza Hut. I still LOVE this pan pizza and they are close so they will deliver...if I want to pay stupid fees. But no car keeps me from having pizza cept frozen.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:48 pm Taco Bell's Double Decker Taco Is Back At Last
On December 5, Taco Bell surprised customers by announcing the limited-time return of the Double Decker in the spirit of spreading "holiday cheer." ... There's no telling exactly how long the items will be available, so if you're interested, time is of the essence.  
Only wake me if they bring back either the enchilada or the smothered burrito.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok OOrs give me ideas for some good quality yet cheap fast food I can get. I should have enough after paying for my car repair to treat myself to one good item this month. So lay some ideas on me...deals? tastes great? ...whatever I can get local for some fun and different. thmx.

PS : Point me to coupons if you know any..I dont. Gotta save save save.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Next trip out try to incorporate a stop at Aldi. Their Seasoned Boneless Pork Shoulder Roast is a pretty good deal at $2.39 per Lb. Goat cheese, all kinds of cheese, milk, Mocha Iced Coffee, any veg or fruit, lots of cheap wine, eggs(not that you need any for awhile). :lol: Their frozen stuff isn't much different in price from everybody else though.

Fast food - in the app bacon mcdoubles bogo or buy one get one for $0.29 it varies.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Aldi is across town so dont go often. Wife didn't like the place. But Ive used it some since she passed and I really enjoy the store and their offering. Ill have to remember that stuff. Ill make a trip for that kinda stuff. And CiCi's is right beside it :)

I never thought Id get sick of eggs as I love them fixed all ways but I gotta say they are starting to wear thin on me and Im nowhere near through that 60 case.

I have never once used a fast food app. Are they really worth it? I mean I know you usually get a free item on signing up with one but do the deals keep being good or is it a way for them to slid my junk mail my way?

OH..an to Arbys..you are not enticing me in with your 2 for $7 crap. 2 for $5 is my limit. You sandwich as small and bad as they are should be $2.50 or $3.00 each. No higher.
Last edited by Daehawk on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

pr0ner wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:11 am
Why are you ordering from a national pizza chain without using any one of the numerous coupons and deals the apps and websites offer? No way that order should have cost $41.
Maybe it was a $20 tip.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:50 pm OH..an to Arbys..you are not enticing me in with your 2 for $7 crap. 2 for $5 is my limit. You sandwich as small and bad as they are should be $2.50 or $3.00 each. No higher.
They are $3.50 each, so it's not like they are crazy high.

But you are right, they shrunk all their sizes. Everything moved down a size - a current large is the old medium.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:50 pm I have never once used a fast food app. Are they really worth it? I mean I know you usually get a free item on signing up with one but do the deals keep being good or is it a way for them to slid my junk mail my way?
McDonald's app is well worth it. It's been giving me BOGO bacon mcdoubles for a year now. Sometimes a large fry for $1.00. Remember to keep your receipt and do the survey to get BOGO quarterpounders too. They don't send me emails or txt messages ever. I think you opt out of any of that when you sign up. If you don't like bacon on your burger, pull it off and use it for a BLT. You do build up points for free stuff too. I've gotten a free big mac from that, I don't really order too often. I lost a few points because I didn't use them in time, they expire after about 1/2 a year.

Aldi today: eggs $1.24, sliced swiss cheese $1.89, half gallon milk $1.74
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I get a gal of milk for $3.09..Walmart.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:40 pm I get a gal of milk for $3.09..Walmart.
Gallons are always cheaper, but I can barely use a half gallon before the expiration date. The cheese prices always beat Walmart. :lol:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Cheese is stupid priced these days. Even the lowest crap cheese is priced for rich people.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

+1. I mostly use milk for overnight oats and a half gallon in still something I have to make room for to drink before it expires. When I was growing up, I drank one to two gallons a day. :o I get a half gallon for whatever the Kroger sales price is nowadays. $1.79, IIRC. Usually about twice a month. A year ago those sale prices were $1.29. It's hard to know what the price for food is anymore. Between shrinkflation and price volatility, tracking prices is no small task and it's one I'm not up for. I just compare and get that best I can at any point in time. I've cut out many foods that have doubled or more than doubled since the before times. Others I just suck up, as it seems most food has doubled in price over the last four years. If it's not avian flu, it's the largest cattle farm burning to ash. If it's not that, it's Russia invading the world's bread basket and fertilizer exporter. If it's not that it's wage inflation and immigrant indignation.

I *do* miss my $5, too much food, Taco Bell boxes and a $5 Little Ceaser's pizza with a 2 liter or Crazy Bread or $6 deep dish, $4.50 Cheap Chicken Wednesday at Lee's, or a $5 Gabe's, and many of my frozen foods like the $1 Totino's Supreme pizza, or 4 Aldi Sausage egg and Cheese Croisants for $1.99. They were all horrible for me anyway, though. This thread makes me have hankering for such things, like McDonald's fries or hasbrowns. Do I even want to know how much they cost nowadays?

Edit:

I tend to get cheese for the same price as it ever was, but the 16 $1.79 slices are smaller, shrinking the net weight from an 8 oz pack to a 6 oz pack. I also lost my Costco membership, so no more expensive 48 slices of Finlandia cheese for me. (which was too much anyway)
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Taco Bell still has the $5 box. Little Caesar's gotten a bit more expensive but they usually got coupons and deals floating around. I only get them a couple times a year, when there's a really good promo on the pizza itself (not just a freebie on the side, like Crazy Bread).
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

gilraen wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:57 pm Taco Bell still has the $5 box. Little Caesar's gotten a bit more expensive but they usually got coupons and deals floating around. I only get them a couple times a year, when there's a really good promo on the pizza itself (not just a freebie on the side, like Crazy Bread).
I can't warrant the TB box anymore, but I assume it is no longer a pop, a huge burrito, a side of something, and either two small or one huge something else. It was a lot of food for $5. Again, I can't warrant LC but when last I bought the $5 pizza was a $6 pizza. This $6 pizza was an $8 pizza and there was no constant promo code for a free x along side any pizza purchase. Those deals were awesome when I would sit down and do 3000 calorie meals. I'm personally more concerned about grocers myself nowadays. Sales for $1.99 80/20 is now $3.99. $.79 egg afterthought now have to be found on sale for $1.29. $.79 bread is now $1.79. Sale for 10 pounds of potatoes for $1.99 are now $3.99. $.59 can of beans is now an $.89 can of beans (and packed with more water). The list goes on and on... Makes that $5 chicken so much the better deal now.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

The $5 craving box is an on again off again thing. It's on at the moment. A beef chalupa, a beef taco, a beef & bean burrito, churros, and a med drink. I probably just talked myself into another one today. I usually eat the taco & chalupa. The burrito comes home for later in the evening. I'll only stop at fast food places if they don't have too many cars in the lot or in line.

My dad was always happy when he found a penny in a parking lot, he'd have loved finding a cart at Aldi with a quarter in it as much as I do. I always check out the parking lot. I even glance down the row of carts.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

It allows substitutions also on some of the items.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

em2nought wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:35 am The $5 craving box is an on again off again thing. It's on at the moment. A beef chalupa, a beef taco, a beef & bean burrito, churros, and a med drink. I probably just talked myself into another one today. I usually eat the taco & chalupa. The burrito comes home for later in the evening. I'll only stop at fast food places if they don't have too many cars in the lot or in line.

My dad was always happy when he found a penny in a parking lot, he'd have loved finding a cart at Aldi with a quarter in it as much as I do. I always check out the parking lot. I even glance down the row of carts.
Heh, the Aldi cart thing used to appeal to me, now I consider it a pay it forward convenience. I don't have to find a quarter and I leave it for the next person to not to have to find a quarter. I suppose if someone really needs that quarter, then I'm glad I left it for them. My Aldi almost always has a couple sitting in the parking lot and a couple loose at the rack, which is where I put mine. I walk it back and offer to anyone I might see on the way.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

You must live on the swanky side of town.

I put the quarters against the money I stupidly loaned to a few people in this two bit town who didn't bother to ever pay me back. Another 12,000 carts or so and I'll be good. That's if you don't consider interest or inflation :lol:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

That quarter for a cart is one of the reasons my wife hated the place. Not everyone carrys change these days.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I wonder if TB would make me a custom made to order bowl? All I want is lots of beef, some red sauce, some nacho sauce, the bean paste stuff thats in the burrito supreme and some sour cream.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:06 pm Ive loved Doritos since i was a child. Still do. But I can no longer eat them due to not being able to chew them. And they dont break up and get soft like potato chips. These kinda form flakes and stay painful to try and eat.

If I waste money on them all I can do is lick off the cheese powder which is why i love them.

Does anyone know if theres a cheese powder that taste like this you can buy by itself in stores?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/fo ... 900669007/
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:48 am I wonder if TB would make me a custom made to order bowl? All I want is lots of beef, some red sauce, some nacho sauce, the bean paste stuff thats in the burrito supreme and some sour cream.
If there is a bowl on their touch screen menu then it's probably doable. They have a "modify" button.

Tried a Little Caesar's Detroit deep dish last night. Best pizza I've had in this pizza wilderness. Not quite as much cheese as I was hoping for, but pretty good otherwise. Bought a three meat selection and it had WAY more meat on it than any other chain pizzas I've had recently. Almost twice as much dinero as most pizzas I normally buy though. $14 versus the normal $8 carry out, or even worse against the $4 great value frozen pizza.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

em2nought wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:59 pm
Daehawk wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:48 am I wonder if TB would make me a custom made to order bowl? All I want is lots of beef, some red sauce, some nacho sauce, the bean paste stuff thats in the burrito supreme and some sour cream.
If there is a bowl on their touch screen menu then it's probably doable. They have a "modify" button.

Tried a Little Caesar's Detroit deep dish last night. Best pizza I've had in this pizza wilderness. Not quite as much cheese as I was hoping for, but pretty good otherwise. Bought a three meat selection and it had WAY more meat on it than any other chain pizzas I've had recently. Almost twice as much dinero as most pizzas I normally buy though. $14 versus the normal $8 carry out, or even worse against the $4 great value frozen pizza.
That's the deep dish cost in dough. If you got it round, it would have been 9ish, I think. I also get the $4 Freshetta Supreme Pizza when it can be had at that price and I have freezer room. It's my favorite value for frozen pizza. Way better than $2.70 Jack's or Store Generic when they can be had for that price or a $4 Red Baron. I don't tend to go the next class up, as for the price of the next class up, I'll look for a carry out.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I just found that the Little Caesar's Deep Dish is sooooo much better if you pan fry it just a tad prior to eating. Even better if you sauté some mushrooms and dump them on top. Next time I get one, I'll be pan frying it as soon as I get it home.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:58 pm Cool we have an Aldi. Other side of town. ill need my car back first.
If it's not a seasonal item, try the blueberry vanilla goat cheese if you ever get to Aldi. I almost gobbled up the whole log it one sitting when I finally got around to opening it today. :text-merryxmas: I'm not normally a big blueberry proponent.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

em2nought wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:30 pm I just found that the Little Caesar's Deep Dish is sooooo much better if you pan fry it just a tad prior to eating. Even better if you sauté some mushrooms and dump them on top. Next time I get one, I'll be pan frying it as soon as I get it home.
Those 'shrooms better be hallucinogenic. That's the only way I could possibly eat their pizza.

We have a small chain here called Maciano's (not sure how many locations they have, but I know of at least 3). One of them is next door to my son's Taekwondo. A few weeks ago, I had some time to kill and popped in for a beer. They have Alter Brewing IPA on tap (a very good local brew). On Monday's and Tuesday, all of their draft beer is discounted -- to $1/pint. And they give you a basket of garlic parm breadsticks with marinara sauce. Two beers and breadsticks for $2. I'm feeling guilty for taking advantage of it...fortunately their pizza is decent. Taekwondo is off next week for spring break, but I might stop there on Tuesday to bring home a pizza for the kids and while I wait...
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Only JeffV could consistently post about pizza in order to hate it. I am impressed that you can try and hate so much and continue to try things.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Jeff V on December 24 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:42 pm Taekwondo is off next week for spring break,
:?
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Wahoo! Scored another quarter out of an Aldi cart. Just 11,999 to go to make up for my moronic unrepaid loans made to "friends" or "family". :lol:
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:54 am Only JeffV could consistently post about pizza in order to hate it. I am impressed that you can try and hate so much and continue to try things.
? What did I say in that post that was anything but positive? I like that I can get super cheap quality beer. Today I even ordered a pizza like I said I would...ordered it the way the kids like it...me, not so much. Their deep dish is better, but gives me heartburn and I besides, I didn't want to spend the money on 2 pizzas.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Do the Huddle House places have drive thrus? I cant find any info online. Haven't been to one since I was a kid. But I need to change my life and get out when Im finally able to and am looking at places I never go to try..food or otherwise.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Anyone notice jar mayo and squeezable mayo taste different? Its a big diff to me. I got some free squeezable and can really tell. I looked it up and it is different. Also its thinner. More oil Im guessing.