Secret Hitler

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Vorret

Re: Secret Hitler

Post by Vorret »

stessier wrote:
Vorret wrote:It's just a thought, it's not impossible. maybe slightly unlikely but it's possible.
Dude, I had you, Holman, Chaos, and Remus Moliere on my evil list before you passed the last policy. Unless you are Chaos or Holman, we know so little that basically every combination is possible.

Edit: Dang it, Remus is always evil!!
lol, really? I was on your evil list? How the hell did I end up in there?

Anyways... I don't know Stess, look at it, something feels wrong.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Holman

Post by Holman »

That kind of coordination would be hard in a game with no bad-guy forum.

I've had it easy. Being a good guy with access to a scan means having a place to stand, and having it be the second scan means I could be 100% sure about three other players.

I have no idea about Hitler, though. I want this to wrap up so we can find out who he was.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Vorret wrote:
stessier wrote:
Vorret wrote:It's just a thought, it's not impossible. maybe slightly unlikely but it's possible.
Dude, I had you, Holman, Chaos, and Remus Moliere on my evil list before you passed the last policy. Unless you are Chaos or Holman, we know so little that basically every combination is possible.

Edit: Dang it, Remus is always evil!!
lol, really? I was on your evil list? How the hell did I end up in there?

Anyways... I don't know Stess, look at it, something feels wrong.
Oh, I totally agree. It seems easy and it shouldn't be easy, right?

That's why you were my Hitler. Holman backs Chaos to create a trusted link. He keeps passing Liberal policies with you so he's in position to get you to be someone else's chancellor. Cause if Holman/Chaos doesn't win us the game (or lose it for us), you're going to be the most trusted person we can elect without just flipping a card. So yeah, I'm totally prepared to lose in the most embarrassing way possible. Of course, I was also sure Grund was faking Elongated Man, so YMMV. :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ok. If chaos is hitler he doesn't know who the fascists are. El Guapo know chaos is hitler and frames him. Chaos realizes he finds he first teammates and attacks his lie.

He has a scan to use and used it on bb2112. He claims bb2112 is a fascist. Why? Maybe he is maybe he isn't. Either way chaos think he is creating a hitler candidate in case their is a shot.

Holman gets a scan and being knowing that Chaos is hitler claims he is liberal.

Actually this is possible.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Hmmm am I missing anything where this scenario isn't possible?

Holman

Post by Holman »

Lots of permutations are possible. This game withholds so much information (scans are rare and kept private) that certainty isn't going to be available.

If I were Fascist, however, I'd have taken advantage before now of two chances to screw over Vorret and get F's on the board. If Vorret were instead a co-Fascist with me, that means the team (according to your scenario) would be me, Vorret, El Guapo, and Chaosraven--leaving no room for whichever of you and Moliere must also be a bad guy.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

However if you screwed over Vorret you ruin your scan of chaos as a liberal. Once you made your scan announcement you couldn't screw over anyone.

A fascists job is to protect hitler.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:Lots of permutations are possible. This game withholds so much information (scans are rare and kept private) that certainty isn't going to be available.

If I were Fascist, however, I'd have taken advantage before now of two chances to screw over Vorret and get F's on the board. If Vorret were instead a co-Fascist with me, that means the team (according to your scenario) would be me, Vorret, El Guapo, and Chaosraven--leaving no room for whichever of you and Moliere must also be a bad guy.
Why is Vorret included in your scenario?

Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote:However if you screwed over Vorret you ruin your scan of chaos as a liberal. Once you made your scan announcement you couldn't screw over anyone.
Why not? It would have been my word against his. From the outside it would look just the same as a dispute running the other way.

All moot, however. My play has been consistent, and I haven't had to try to fool anyone. Perks of Liberalism.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I already know Moliere is a fascist. In this scenario it is Moliere, El Guapo, Holman and Chaosraven as Hitler.

I don't see how Vorret fits in with that.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:However if you screwed over Vorret you ruin your scan of chaos as a liberal. Once you made your scan announcement you couldn't screw over anyone.
Why not? It would have been my word against his. From the outside it would look just the same as a dispute running the other way.

All moot, however. My play has been consistent, and I haven't had to try to fool anyone. Perks of Liberalism.
If you got into disagreement over cards then that instantly taints your scan of chaos. If he is hitler it seems like that would be a bad move to make. You'd want hitler to look as liberal as possible.

Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Holman wrote:Lots of permutations are possible. This game withholds so much information (scans are rare and kept private) that certainty isn't going to be available.

Because he's the player I've been repeatedly paired with and thus had a chance (if I were Fascist) to betray.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I also see no scenario where El Guapo isn't a fascist.

Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Holman wrote:

If you got into disagreement over cards then that instantly taints your scan of chaos. If he is hitler it seems like that would be a bad move to make. You'd want hitler to look as liberal as possible.
I don't understand what you're getting at. Getting into a disagreement doesn't taint my scan--a Fascist me would just accuse Vorret of Fascism.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

Because he's the player I've been repeatedly paired with and thus had a chance (if I were Fascist) to betray.
I already don't find that argument convincing.

It's just so hard to trust anything in this game.

Still Holman your claim is vital now because it is the closest we have to a proven player so far.

Sigh.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Holman wrote:

I don't understand what you're getting at. Getting into a disagreement doesn't taint my scan--a Fascist me would just accuse Vorret of Fascism.
Really? What if I had scanned chaos? Would you trust my scan calling him liberal?

stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:I also see no scenario where El Guapo isn't a fascist.
You're not being creative enough. ;)

I mean, I gave you one in my last post. Vorret is Hitler, Holman, Chaos, and Moliere are the other 3. Totally possible.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Holman

Post by Holman »

You can trust me. Chaosraven is Liberal, bb2112 and El Guapo are Fascist, and Vorret's dealings with me have been honest (but are now irrelevant as I plan to nominate CR as my Chancellor).

My problem is that I don't know the remaining bad guys. One of them is you or Moliere and the other is Remus or stessier and almost certainly not Vorret.

The bad guys know who is who, and they will be voting for Chaosraven for President to make him ineligible for my administration.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:

I mean, I gave you one in my last post. Vorret is Hitler, Holman, Chaos, and Moliere are the other 3. Totally possible.
Damn. That totally is!!

Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Holman wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Holman wrote:

Really? What if I had scanned chaos? Would you trust my scan calling him liberal?
I would have to choose between you and your rival in the dispute. My scanning Chaos back towards the beginning didn't somehow immunize me from disputes later.

Suppose a Fascist Scoop had picked me as Chancellor, then set me up with FF cards and claimed he'd sent FL. I'd have disputed him, but this wouldn't somehow invalidate my scan of Chaos.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote:
stessier wrote:

Damn. That totally is!!
bb2112 and El Guapo are compromised, but the other two Bads remain under the radar.

Vorret, Remus, Moliere, Chaosraven:
Are we watching Fascists Scoop and stessier try for a Heil Mary play here?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Dude. Blame your campaign buddy Vorret. He started this whole thing.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ok I like the Heil Mary comment.

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote:I already know Moliere is a fascist.
I know you are, but what am I?
:tjg:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:Ok I like the Heil Mary comment.
+1

:clap:

That being said, I'm totes a Liberal.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Scoop20906 wrote:Dude. Blame your campaign buddy Vorret. He started this whole thing.
It was a simple question I was asking myself and it blew up lol
Isgrimnur wrote:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

This game can totally be won by my chancellor REMUS WEST
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West 

"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Chaosraven wrote: Remus West 

Presidential candidate KAOSravensburg nominates Remus Westernfront for chancellor. Please PM me your votes, whether YES or NO, regarding this ticket.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

wtf...
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

is this like some epic ploy for chaos to shoot remus?
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I think I'm going to vote yes for the comedic aspect of thhe whole thing lol
Isgrimnur wrote:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Vorret wrote:I think I'm going to vote yes for the comedic aspect of thhe whole thing lol
ARE YOU CRAZY??????
"Where are you off to?"

Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Wow, Chaos. No matter how this turns out....

:clap:
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'm letting folks here know I will be voting yes. I have no issue being placed in this position. I'll either be proven correct in my thinking, shot, or - far more likely - never elected anyway so......
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Waiting to hear from Chaosraven and Scoop20906.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

:coffee:
(I'm drinking a lot of coffee today. It must be Friday and everyone has left work early.)
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

We await only the vote of Chaosraven.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Oh geez
"Where are you off to?"

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Chaosraven wrote: Remus West 

Presidential candidate KAOSravensburg nominates Remus Westernfront for chancellor. Please PM me your votes, whether YES or NO, regarding this ticket.
The election of Chaosraven/Remus West fails on a vote of 7 to 2.

bb2112 NO
Chaosraven NO
El Guapo NO
Holman NO
Molière NO
Remus West YES
Scoop20906 NO
stessier NO
Vorret YES

Here's where we stand:

Final Roster
  • bb2112
  • Chaosraven
  • El Guapo <----- The new Presidential Nominee
  • Holman
  • Molière
  • Remus West
  • Scoop20906
  • stessier
  • Vorret
9 players:
  • 5 Liberals
  • 3 normal Fascists
  • 1 Hitler Fascist
The Liberal Policy Track
  • Elections whiffed: 2
  • 1st Policy Passed? Yes
  • 2nd Policy Passed? Yes
  • 3rd Policy Passed? Yes
  • 4th Policy Passed? Yes
  • 5th Policy Passed? No
The Fascist Policy Track
  • 1st Policy Passed (Chaosraven investigated bb2112's identity)? Yes
  • 2nd Policy Passed (Holman investigated Chaosraven's identity)? Yes
  • 3rd Policy Passed (Moliere selects as the next Presidential candidate)? Yes
  • 4th Policy Passed (Assassination obviated by popular uprising)? Yes
  • 5th Policy Passed (President orders an assassination)? No
  • 6th Policy Passed (Fascist Victory)? No
Deck 1 contained: 11 Fascist Policies and 6 Liberal Policies, shuffled.
Deck 2 contained: 8 Fascist Policies and 4 Liberal Policies, shuffled.
Talon count: 5
Discard count: 4
Enacted count: 8 (4 LIBERAL, 4 FASCIST)

Electoral History So Far:

Code: Select all

1. LIBERAL POLICY, Vorret & El Guapo
2. LIBERAL POLICY, bb2112 & Holman
3. FASCIST POLICY, Chaosraven & El Guapo
4. rejected slate, El Guapo & Holman
5. FASCIST POLICY, Holman & Vorret
6. FASCIST POLICY, Moliere & Scoop20906
7. LIBERAL POLICY, Vorret & Holman
8. rejected slate, Remus West & Chaosraven
9. rejected slate, Scoop20906 & Chaosraven
10a. rejected slate, stessier & El Guapo
10b. FASCIST POLICY autoenacted.
11. LIBERAL POLICY, Vorret & Holman
12. rejected slate, bb2112 & Moliere
13. rejected slate, Chaosraven & Remus West
Action on El Guapo: Please nominate as chancellor someone not in the set {Vorret, Holman}.