Elite: Dangerous

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Anonymous Bosch

Re: Elite: Dangerous

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Holman wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:10 am Has anyone tried the Odyssey DLC (which lets you get out and walk around and even fight FPS-style)?

It appears the launch has been rough, with lots of lag and crashes and "mostly negative" ratings on Steam.

I'm sure they'll fix it eventually.
From what I recall, the release of the Horizons DLC was similarly disappointing and buggy, though from what I have seen and read about the Odyssey release, it does seem to be in a significantly worse state. Frontier Developments has seemingly always had a checkered history of botched releases with each major patch. Suffice to say, I have not rushed out to purchase the Odyssey DLC, and am more than to content to hold off until the kinks are hopefully sufficiently worked out.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Hrdina

Re: Elite: Dangerous

Post by Hrdina »

Holman wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:10 am Has anyone tried the Odyssey DLC (which lets you get out and walk around and even fight FPS-style)?

It appears the launch has been rough, with lots of lag and crashes and "mostly negative" ratings on Steam.

I'm sure they'll fix it eventually.
I pre-ordered it.

I've already downloaded it (and the first patch).

I have not yet played it; I'm waiting for the dust to settle out and for FD to clear up all the performance issues that should have been expected due to suck a quick transition from alpha to release.

I've actually been on a hiatus from ED for the last several months, after playing with few breaks since release. I've got plenty of other things to do with my diminished free time, notably MSFS and Cyberpunk. Even CK3, which I adore, has gotten scant attention from me lately. :(
Conform or be cast out!