Cops behaving badly

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: Cops behaving badly

Post by Daehawk »

An unarmed man was shot by a Virginia deputy who gave him a ride home an hour earlier
An unarmed man was shot by a Virginia sheriff's deputy about an hour after the same deputy gave the man a ride home, Virginia State Police confirmed to CNN.
An attorney for Isaiah Brown, 32, said his client was shot while on the phone with 911 after the deputy -- who had returned to respond to a "domestic incident," per state police -- mistook a phone for a gun.
If you cant tell the difference in a gun and a phone you dont need a gun yourself.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:32 pm An unarmed man was shot by a Virginia deputy who gave him a ride home an hour earlier
An unarmed man was shot by a Virginia sheriff's deputy about an hour after the same deputy gave the man a ride home, Virginia State Police confirmed to CNN.
An attorney for Isaiah Brown, 32, said his client was shot while on the phone with 911 after the deputy -- who had returned to respond to a "domestic incident," per state police -- mistook a phone for a gun.
If you cant tell the difference in a gun and a phone you dont need a gun yourself.
I know I'm cynical, but part of me thinks there is a connection between the shooting and unknown details about the ride home.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

At one time we had cops slowing down in their car chases as it was becoming too dangerous. Not sure if they still do that or not.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

dbt1949 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:34 pm At one time we had cops slowing down in their car chases as it was becoming too dangerous. Not sure if they still do that or not.
They terminate most car chases here.
PROHIBITIONS
A. Members will not engage in a motor vehicle pursuit whenever the most serious offense wanted for is a:
1. traffic offense, other than driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs; or
2. theft (including Possession of Stolen Motor Vehicles).

They're proposing doing the same with foot chases.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont like that idea. You never know why someone is running. Ya its sometimes a scared idiot. But other times its more likely someone running for a reason. Maybe they just robbed someone or murdered someone. You never know. You should never let someone just get away. Why have police if they do nothing to stop fugitives from the law?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WTOP
Four D.C. police officers are being investigated after they crashed two cruisers in a Northeast neighborhood Thursday, apparently while street racing, the Metropolitan Police Department said.

The officers have also been ordered to not have contact with the public, according to the department.
“[Thursday], two 6D scout cars were totaled because officers decided instead of fighting crime, patrolling their beats, or engaging the community, they decided to drag race each other on Anacostia Avenue at 5 p.m. in the evening,” wrote 6D Commander Durriyyah Habeebullah.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
malchior

Post by malchior »

What? How? Come on. This can't be real.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:57 pm I dont like that idea. You never know why someone is running. Ya its sometimes a scared idiot. But other times its more likely someone running for a reason. Maybe they just robbed someone or murdered someone. You never know. You should never let someone just get away. Why have police if they do nothing to stop fugitives from the law?
Brits have air units and IR cams watching footchases from above, so the perps rarely if ever get away, not with cops and K9 units converging on their location, unless they know how to get into an apartment or something cops can't get into quickly.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:57 pm I dont like that idea. You never know why someone is running. Ya its sometimes a scared idiot. But other times its more likely someone running for a reason. Maybe they just robbed someone or murdered someone. You never know. You should never let someone just get away. Why have police if they do nothing to stop fugitives from the law?
To save the lives of innocent people. Seems like a worthy goal to me.

Endangering lives on a 'maybe' seems like bad policy.
Last edited by Alefroth on Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

How many people have been killed because a chase was not initiated?
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:15 pm How many people have been killed because a chase was not initiated?
Let me ask this Google wizard I know.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:15 pm How many people have been killed because a chase was not initiated?
Unknown. Perhaps a mass shooting suspect was not chased or would not be. Then anywhere from 5-50 could.

Thats just it its unlnown. Not every chase ends in lives lost. But letting people run from cops to do no telling what is too dangerous. What if its a get on drugs that goes hoem and kills his family? A woman going to kill a guy that cheated on her. A good driving drunk they simply dont chase because he ran a stop light but then crashes and kills others? I know if randomly someone is on their way to my home to kill me Id prefer the cops chase and stop the person...all unkowing what their true motives are.

You know what I as a non criminal do when I see the blue lights? I pull over.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Last time I had blue lights on me I headed to a residential area I knew real well and twisted and turned till I lost him. :dance:
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I just want to know what the hell is that thing in the upper fight hand corner?
Horse snout? Upside down apparition? Alien head?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:11 pm
Unknown. Perhaps a mass shooting suspect was not chased or would not be. Then anywhere from 5-50 could.

Thats just it its unlnown. Not every chase ends in lives lost. But letting people run from cops to do no telling what is too dangerous. What if its a get on drugs that goes hoem and kills his family? A woman going to kill a guy that cheated on her. A good driving drunk they simply dont chase because he ran a stop light but then crashes and kills others? I know if randomly someone is on their way to my home to kill me Id prefer the cops chase and stop the person...all unkowing what their true motives are.

You know what I as a non criminal do when I see the blue lights? I pull over.
I mean.... you’re talking crazy here.
IMO.
Like truly gone fishing.
Toys in the attic.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You know what a black and Hispanic Army officer in uniform does when he sees police lights? He drives to a well-lit location like they tell you to do and is threatened with a Tazer, is pepper sprayed and arrested.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Colorado arrest: Woman with dementia mocked by US police
US police officers are seen mocking a 73-year-old woman with dementia as they watch video of her shoulder going "pop" during her forcible arrest, according to footage released by her lawyer.

Karen Garner was detained on 26 June last year after she walked out of a Walmart store in the state of Colorado without paying for $13 (£9) of items.

Her elbow was fractured and shoulder dislocated, says her lawyer.

An investigation has been launched into the Loveland Police Department arrest.

In the footage released on Monday from the booking area of the police station on the day of the arrest, officers are seen fist-bumping one another as they review body camera video of the incident.

Video from inside Ms Garner's nearby holding cell shows the frail-looking grandmother slumped handcuffed to a bench while the officers joke about the incident, says her lawyer.

"Ready for the pop? Hear the pop?" one of the officers says at one point, referring to Ms Garner's shoulder.

As they continue to watch the footage, the same officer says: "I love it."
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
malchior

Post by malchior »

And they wonder why we don't trust them. Over and over we're seeing this type of deplorable behavior.

Link to enhanced video. I don't suggest watching it if you don't want to be infuriated. This is police culture at some of its worst. The woman officer talking about worrying that she wasn't fighting enough (to paraphrase the way the other officer phrased it), celebrating beating up a 73-year old woman (good job you sociopaths), and just showing UNACCEPTABLE behavior. This is not right.

One thing that doesn't help the lawyer's here is that they cut the video out of sequence. They showed them laughing while she is doubled over in what appears to be pain. The problem is the time codes don't match up. It's is bad enough and doesn't need a dash of manipulation thrown in.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

malchior

Post by malchior »

Editorial note: The article doesn't say the baby was actually shot but they knew the baby was there.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Fired Seven Times? Wow. HR ain't doing its job...
The worst cop in Florida—an extremely comeptitive achievement—has been fired for the seventh time. On this occasion, Sgt. German Bosque was canned after bodycam footage showed him help another officer cover up the theft of a gun from a crime scene. Prior firings involved a 2014 battery charge and later conviction for false imprisonment and evidence tampering; beating a handcuffed suspect; beating juveniles; hiding drugs in his police car; stealing from suspects; and falsifying police reports.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

This is about cops behaving well (AFAIK), but we don't have a thread for that.

Two local cops responded to a domestic violence call in a local apartment complex. The suspect somehow fled into nearby woods and ambushed the pursuing cops, shooting them both before one of them shot him dead. The cops are expected to recover, although one has serious wounds.

Routine news story of the kind that happens somewhere every day, right? Well, get this: the perp also shot and killed Officer Kit, a K9 officer who had been on the force for 12 years.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

He'll be up here shortly, no doubt.

Honoring K9s Killed in 2021
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Kraken wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:19 pm Well, get this: the perp also shot and killed Officer Kit, a K9 officer who had been on the force for 12 years.
That's a long time for a K9. Had to be near retirement.

A friend of mine was CPD K9 seargent (just retired in April) and used to bring a unit by to see the kids if he was in the neighborhood. As a sgt he didn't have a dog but what struck me was the bond the his K9 officers had with their K9s. And how often they'd have to fight the "just send in the dog" attitude when called to a scene.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:15 am
Kraken wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:19 pm Well, get this: the perp also shot and killed Officer Kit, a K9 officer who had been on the force for 12 years.
That's a long time for a K9. Had to be near retirement.

A few end of mine was CPD K9 seargent (just retired in April) and used to bring a unit by to see the kids if he was in the neighborhood. As a sgt he didn't have a dog but what struck me was the bond the his K9 officers had with their K9s. And how often they'd have to fight the "just send in the dog" attitude when called to a scene.
Officer Kit had been partnered with the same cop for the full 12 years. What a bond they must have had. They carried his body out of the woods wrapped in an American flag.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

What the fuck?
LONDON — A serving London police officer was sentenced Thursday to a whole life sentence for the kidnapping, rape and murder of a woman in a case that shocked the nation.

Wayne Couzens, 48, was accused of using his police identification and COVID-19 laws to trick 33-year-old Sarah Everard into his car in a false arrest as she walked home from visiting a friend in south London on March 3. Prosecutors said he handcuffed Everard on the pretext that she broke lockdown rules, drove her far outside the capital and then raped and killed her.

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

A judge on Thursday sentenced former Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor to 57 months behind bars, the maximum penalty possible, for fatally shooting a 911 caller in 2017.

Noor had been convicted of third-degree murder for the slaying of Justine Ruszczyk Damond on July 15, 2017 and sentenced to 12 1/2 years behind bars, before the state Supreme Court tossed that charge last month.

That left his conviction for second-degree manslaughter as the top conviction, leading to Thursday's new sentencing hearing.
The 57-month sentence was at the top of the guidelines. He could have received as little as 41 months, which would have led to his immediate release from prison.
malchior

Post by malchior »

<Double post>
Last edited by malchior on Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malchior

Post by malchior »

malchior wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:05 pm Get me a fainting couch. According to KTLA the man was 20 feet away and running away. He was shot 3 times in the back and once in the shoulder. Also still - whole family got lit up. "Unfortunately" the camera closest to the incident failed and the only footage available was from a very far distance and not usable.
Family awarded $17M in lawsuit against the now fired officer involved in a shooting of a disabled man at a Costco. We talked about it in 2019. He apparently is facing charges after all in the shooting.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Tuscon Cop kills man in wheelchair for shoplifting:

Sources told News 4 Tucson the incident started at a Walmart store in the Midvale Park Shopping Center on Monday.

Richards was allegedly caught shoplifting at Walmart. As he tried to leave the store, a loss prevention employee stopped him and asked him to show a receipt.

Sources say Richards pulled a knife on the employee.

Moments later, nine shots were fired at a Lowe's store nearby.

During the press conference on Tuesday, Magnus released body camera video and video from inside the store.
The officer has apparently been terminated.
Last edited by Pyperkub on Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Pyperkub wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:53 pm Tuscon Cop kills man in wheelchair for shoplifting:

Sources told News 4 Tucson the incident started at a Walmart store in the Midvale Park Shopping Center on Monday.

Richards was allegedly caught shoplifting at Walmart. As he tried to leave the store, a loss prevention employee stopped him and asked him to show a receipt.

During the press conference on Tuesday, Magnus released body camera video and video from inside the store.
The office has apparently been terminated.
Very bad shoot. Even the partner on the scene is like, "What the fuck did you just do?"

MYT
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:56 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:53 pm Tuscon Cop kills man in wheelchair for shoplifting:

The office has apparently been terminated.
Very bad shoot. Even the partner on the scene is like, "What the fuck did you just do?"
Yeah, there is something seriously wrong with the hair trigger a lot of cops have lately. 9 shots? In a public parking lot?

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

It was kind of halfway in the entrance (looked a lumber lot?). Several employees were in the line of fire. Nevermind the fact that the guy was only known to have a knife and was fleeing in a rascal scooter. I mean so many other options and little danger to the officer or bystanders.

MYT
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

"I will take out the tire on that escape vehicle this time for sure!"
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Well, he really needed to get that bastard.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

CHICAGO — The veteran Chicago Police officer who owns the Englewood building where five people were murdered earlier this year has agreed to pay a $10,000 judgment and make repairs to the property — nearly two years after city attorneys first accused him of allowing criminal activity to fester inside.

The property at 6221 S. Morgan St. was the site of a mass murder on June 15. According to the CPD, eight people were shot inside during the early morning hours after a fight broke out. Five of those eight — four women and a man — ultimately died of their wounds. A 2-year-old child was inside the home at the time but was unharmed.

Police searched the property a day after the shooting and officers found 56 grams of cocaine hidden in a second-floor air vent, according to court records. One of Badillo’s tenants was subsequently charged with possession of a controlled substance. That case is still pending, though court records show that the tenant failed to show up for a hearing in the case last month and a judge issued a warrant for her arrest.

Ald. Stephanie Coleman, of the 16th Ward, previously said the building was the “most problematic” property in the ward. Coleman said the building served as a neighborhood hangout spot that also functioned as a barber shop.

“That’s their safe haven to do their drinking, do their pills, get a haircut,” Coleman previously said. “It’s kind of a ‘Whosoever will, let them come’ [environment].”

He faced a five-day suspension in 2018 stemming from an off-duty incident near his Logan Square home six years earlier. In June 2012, Badillo violated three CPD rules when he detained and searched a man who was walking down the sidewalk. According to COPA records, Badillo punched him in the face and used profanity toward him, while failing to properly document the encounter.

In 2006, Badillo was driving on North Pulaski near Grand when, he said, a gang member in another vehicle pointed a handgun at him, records show. Badillo had a revolver on him, though it belonged to his girlfriend, also a CPD officer, and the gun was not registered with the city. As he drove, he cocked the gun’s hammer and accidentally shot himself in his left leg.
When agreeing to pay $10,000 actually means $5,000. Or nothing.
After several continuances in the case, Badillo last week agreed to not rent out or otherwise allow occupants within the property until a judge grants permission. Additionally, Badillo agreed to pay a $10,000 judgment. If he pays before June 9, 2022, the judgment decreases to $5,000, according to court records. However, if Badillo does not make the repairs to the property, he must sell it by Dec. 9, 2022.

Campagna said Badillo “wishes to sell the property.”

Have we done the CPD officer that allegedly shot his girlfriend in the head last week?

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

An NYPD rookie got down and dirty at a raucous holiday bash for her Bronx precinct — giving her lieutenant a raunchy, caught-on-video lap dance at the wild event, according to footage and sources.

MYT