7 Days to Die

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Tampa_Gamer

Re: 7 Days to Die

Post by Tampa_Gamer »

Just a quick update. Based on a last minute developer meeting this morning, it is now expected to be posted around 4:30 EST today. They also added the early release notes to their website here (too long to post even in a spoiler).
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Huh, there's a thread for this game? Still? Well, for those who care :wink:, the game is leaving early access. From PC Gamer:
Which one is 7 Days to Die again? It's the zombie survival game where every seven days a rampaging horde arrives to mess up everything you've made? Sounds like Brisbane on the weekend.

I remember hearing 7 Days to Die is one of the good ones actually, but since it came out at the peak of my period of "being a bit sick of all these zombie games, especially the early access ones" I never gave it a look-in. "I'll wait until it leaves early access, then I'll check it out," I thought. And then I didn't think about it again until now, when developers The Fun Pimps announced 7 Days to Die really is about to hit 1.0.

They won't be moving on to another project, however, saying, "The Fun Pimps have and will continue to support 7 Days to Die development with a majority of their resources."

While version 1.0 will launch with a new zombie gore system, remade vehicle assets, a new challenge system, more zombie variance, updated controller support, and more, a few things are being planned for future updates. Intriguing notes on the roadmap mention a wardrobe system, bandits, and a story mode, as well as Steam Workshop support.

When it leaves early access, which is currently scheduled for June, the price will go up from $US36 to $45. It's having a last chance sale on Steam before then, and will be discounted from April 22 to April 29.

7 Days to Die feels like one of the last of the long-development early access hits to announce 1.0 that is realistically likely to. What's next, Project Zomboid? Star Citizen?
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm surprised I never posted about it. I put in around 160 hours last year, and have been wanting to revisit it after the last couple of updates. Now I am thinking that I may wait until the 1.0.

It's a great game, by the way.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Guess Ill buy it Monday at 76% off.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Be warned - it's a sometimes tough, sometimes temperamental game. If you play without a plan, you'll die. Likely in 7 days. Or 7 days after that.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Figured Id die a lot.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Currently on sale for $6 on Steam, $5 on Green Man.