Tabletop Randomness

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hepcat

Re: Tabletop Randomness

Post by hepcat »

Cool. Look for me. I’ll be the one being carried on a golden chair by zarathud, Harkonis and Seppe.
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Cosplaying Cleopatra this year?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

He does vary the golden girl costume each year.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

2022: Tabletop giant Asmodee is bought by video gaming behemoth Embracer Group

2024: Embracer loads up Asmodee with nearly $1 billion in debt and spins it off as a separate company

It's certainly a creative solution to the financial challenges of the video game industry: unload their debt onto board games.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Such a joyful sight! My older kid (rising junior in college) is in the house with no fewer than twelve friends for a daylong boardgame session. I just got home and don't know what they've played already, but right now it's DUNE and ROOT on parallel tables.

It's a very mixed crowd, running the whole range from math nerd to art punk. The gender mix is 1/3 male, 1/3 female, 1/3 you'll have to ask.

And to think that I used to worry that my kid was a little too introverted. Games bring people together.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

That's great to hear!
Holman

Post by Holman »

AWS260 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:16 pm That's great to hear!
It was really nice to see!

In fact it inspired me to take the plunge and commit to an RPG with semi-strangers to which I've been invited. Outside of computer games, I haven't role-played in years. I'm excited now.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

Holman wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:58 pm In fact it inspired me to take the plunge and commit to an RPG with semi-strangers to which I've been invited. Outside of computer games, I haven't role-played in years. I'm excited now.
I haven't done that since a game con in L.A. back in 1992!

None of my old rp friends live anywhere near me, and I'm not sure any of them still play D&D or whatever anyway. The local game store that has regular rp groups is on the second floor of an old building downtown. Unfortunately, the building is so old it doesn't have an elevator. My legs can't make the climb and descent on the stairs. I've only been there once as a result.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Holman wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:58 pm In fact it inspired me to take the plunge and commit to an RPG with semi-strangers to which I've been invited. Outside of computer games, I haven't role-played in years. I'm excited now.

I'm jealous! I've scoured the area trying to find anything like that, and nada.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)