Video Games Randomness - Prioritize specific game threads!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Video Games Randomness - Prioritize specific game threads!

Post by Daehawk »

Take a gander at this beast

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:53 am Take a gander at this beast

I will break my desire of not receiving any Christmas giving if you want to get me one of these.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Why settle for that when you can up your game and get this

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Interesting. It would be fun for console games/controls more than PC games, I think, but it's still a $4,000 toy that you'd need to have a separate room for.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Steam Awards cant vote until the 21st
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:25 am Steam Awards cant vote until the 21st
Huh, I actually haven't played most of the games. However, in the category "Most Innovative Gameplay Award", I'd appreciate it if everyone would vote for Contraband Police , which by the way is on sale right now :clap:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I just read a pretty funny review of House Flipper 2.

Well, specfically, the very beginning of the review was funny...
House Flipper 2 is quickly becoming one of my favorite fantasy RPGs. In this series, you play a young "home owner", which is kind of like a mage or wizard except your special power is that you can afford to buy a house (A house is kind of like an apartment but you have space between you and your neighbors, think like a whole building devoted to just your apartment.)
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Decided to play Forever Skies, and I think I'm "near" the end, even though I have to go aboveground to take a breather.

In a new vision of the post-apoc, Earth's surface was lost the "the dust" a never ending current that destroyed all buildings. The survivors fled upwards, leaving the surface to whatever that remained. Though there are rumors of scientific outposts and strategic lifts that can go under the dust... You are the Lone Scientist and you just crash landed on Earth, chasing what happened to the previous expedition. Follow their footsteps, survive the unique biosphere in your custom blimp, expand, redesign, and more as you find more materials and components. Can you save yourself... and Earth?

Basically, you find only devastation. There WERE some signs of life... survivors MAY have lived among these few... points of civilization, a few bits of buildings that managed to remain standing, above the precipice, looking as if they may succumb at any moment... Land at the platforms and explore the ruins, salvage what you can, you need it more than they do. Anything flora and fauna you catch are probably poisonous to you... unless boiled and sanitized. Incredible viral diseases abound and you barely have immunity for them. (one of the few things you need to research). Manage your hunger, thirst, and sleep deficit as you explore, keep your blimp (and yourself) alive in this hostile world as you look for answers... and maybe, salvation?

Incredibly atmospheric, though some details do repeat, and the map is wrap-around procedurally generated and all that.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:51 pm Why settle for that when you can up your game and get this

When i have my $200M yacht I will get one of these
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Some more changes coming to Steam Workshop: Your Subscriptions and Workshop Collections
Based on your feedback from the recent Steam Workshop changes outlined here, we've added some additional features around Workshop subscriptions: you can now easily create, save, and load different subscription lists using Workshop Collections. This will make it easier to create "presets" or "mod lists" that you can swap between for whatever reason.

In the Steam Client (beta), you can access your Workshop Collections on your game's Properties > Workshop page under Advanced Options. From here you can quickly save your subscriptions list to a collection, or update your subscriptions list from a collection. The load order for your items will match the order of subscriptions within the collection.

We've also made it easier to share the mods you are using with your friends - Workshop Collections can now be shared via a link from within the Steam Client. (note that you'll need to save your subscriptions to a collection before you can send a link to a friend).

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Co-op survival games are great, but don't forget the intense joys of surviving solo
Co-op survival games continue to be huge. Lego Fortnite popped up this month and immediately attracted millions of players. Medieval Dynasty just added co-op play and its player base went from a few thousand to tens of thousands in the same day. In the past few years Sons of the Forest and Valheim became massive overnight hits, and every time I write about upcoming co-op survival RPG Enshrouded it gets a big response from readers.

The verdict: playing survival games with friends is, has been, and will continue to be awesome. But if I could just politely clear my throat and speak up from the back of the crowded room with a gentle reminder:

Playing survival games by yourself is… even awesomer.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

So, I saw this game mentioned in a PC Gamer article, which liked it. It's free too :wink:

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Oops, found another interesting one. This game isn't free, but it is in early access and has a demo.

And here is someone playing the game who does a good job of describing it

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I started to post "Hey this looks like something JZ would be into" ,...then I see it was you that posted it.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Some new games that may be coming down the pipe in the future.

To go along with that video here are two games from it that I thought bears keeping an eye on.....

[url- Raiders[/url]
ARC Raiders is a free-to-play, third-person, PvPvE extraction shooter set in a lethal future earth ravaged by a mechanized threat known as ARC. You’re a Raider, earning your keep in the struggling colony of Speranza, fighting for survival against ARC and other Raiders standing in your way.
Video trailer
Spoiler:
and Terminator Survival
Enlarge Image

Not much info at all really but if its anywhere near as good or better than Terminator Resistance then its a keeper.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:57 pm
ARC Raiders is a free-to-play, third-person, PvPvE extraction shooter set in a lethal future earth ravaged by a mechanized threat known as ARC. You’re a Raider, earning your keep in the struggling colony of Speranza, fighting for survival against ARC and other Raiders standing in your way.
Looks like Helldivers in 3rd person rather than twin stick. Might be fun.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Had fun with Helldivers back in the day. Didn't know anyone else had even heard of that game.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

"sequel" to Baba is You -

MOBILE SUIT BABA
(heavily inspired by Into the Breach [which in turn was heavily inspired by Front Mission])

https://hempuli.itch.io/mobile-suit-baba

now Baba is in 2.5 isometric view...

free right now, price will go up to $4 'later'
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

You have a colony builder with beavers (Timberborn), so why not penguins?

A demo is available.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Max Peck wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:31 pm
Got me to click, disappointed to find mod. :(

I'd love a new Single Player Fallout game. I'd say I am open to a modded experience in the meantime, but history says I'm probably not. Kerbal Space Program and XCOM 2 are about the only games I put any playtime into with mods and that was mostly because I had played them for hundreds of hours and needed something different.
Last edited by coopasonic on Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I mod tons of games but small mods that change graphics and cosmetics and stuff. Ive never liked a large mod for a game thats a whole new area and such...Fallout especially.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I tend to get bored when large areas are added. But total conversion mods are a different beast. If you haven't played Enderal, then you are missing out.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TheMix wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:06 pm I tend to get bored when large areas are added. But total conversion mods are a different beast. If you haven't played Enderal, then you are missing out.
+1. It's the best version of Skyrim.

I didn't actually finish it - I got distracted probably 2/3 of the way through, but it's been on my 'must get back to' list ever since.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

jztemple2 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:52 pm You have a colony builder with beavers (Timberborn), so why not penguins?

A demo is available.
I gave the demo a try and it's pretty fun. It's a colony builder with nice touches and not too hard. I've wishlisted the game.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I've mentioned it before, but I don't think my computer likes Unity games very much. Unless a game is well-optimized, half of them don't work very well on my PC. The latest I've tried playing is a Thousand Threads, and while I'm way above the system requirements of 4GB of Ram, the game tends to crash on me within minutes of trying to wander around, no matter the settings I try. Even trying to save crashes it.

PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Rumpy wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:36 pm I've mentioned it before, but I don't think my computer likes Unity games very much. Unless a game is well-optimized, half of them don't work very well on my PC. The latest I've tried playing is a Thousand Threads, and while I'm way above the system requirements of 4GB of Ram, the game tends to crash on me within minutes of trying to wander around, no matter the settings I try. Even trying to save crashes it.
That's weird, but I guess possible. For instance, I've played over 85 hours of Forza Motorsport and haven't had an issue and yet the game has a Mostly Negative rating. Some of the reviews are for the game content, but a lot of them cite issues with crashes, lock ups and other computer-ish issues. The same thing for Cyberpunk 2077, Starfield and even going all the way back to Assassin's Creed Unity (now that I think of it, maybe not the best name for a game :wink:)

It's one of the reasons I plunk down a lot of shekels for a Falcon Northwest computer. I almost never seem to get those game related issues mentioned so often in Steam reviews of many game. About the only games I can think of where I had computer issues were the latest Just Cause games where I got regular CTDs. I learned to live with it, but I racked up a lot of saved games.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

It probably doesn't help that I'm trying to run it on an HDD. But I'm liking going to be getting a new computer soon. Found a local place that does custom builds and gaming PCs.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Went through my Steam gifts sections..not the Xmas gifting but the inventory. In the CS GO area I found some stuff worth $6 - $12 each so put them up for sale in the market. I dont play it now so why not.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

This is me on New Year's Eve:

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
It's almost as if people are the problem.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

:D
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hogwarts. Its on my waitlist and I get emails on games when they go on sale on my waitlist. The other day hogwarts was $25. Nearly the lowest ever. Then it went to over $30. Then yesterday it was $25 again someplace but today its $30 again.

I find that yoyo'n to be very consumer unfriendly. Someone might grab it at $30 thinking its a good deal to have it $5 less one day later.
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:21 pmI find that yoyo'n to be very consumer unfriendly. Someone might grab it at $30 thinking its a good deal to have it $5 less one day later.
So you think price fixing would be a better idea? I can't really see a problem here, if someone thinks it's worth $30 to them they'll buy at $30, otherwise they'll just wait for it to get cheaper.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Track prices better with Augmented Steam