[WW]BSG IX -Cold Blood (Game over)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

RMC

Re: [WW]BSG IX -Cold Blood (Day 5)

Post by RMC »

theohall wrote:Tomorrow, when I am dead, I strongly suggest the two remaining good guys look through the game and notice the almost complete lack of interaction publicly between purge and Qantaga. Purge didn't respond to Qantaga's posts, while consistently replied to mine. Qantaga is the last wolf. The lack of public interaction is conspicuous.
Good point. We shall see what we find out.

Theohall 

Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Day 5
1 Qantaga ---------- theohall ---
2 theohall ---------- Qantaga ---
3 tru1cy ---------- theohall ---
4 RMC ---------- theohall ---
5 Mr. Bubbles ---------- ---
Qantaga -1 ----- theohall
theohall -3 ----- tru1cy -- Qantaga -- RMC

Majority = 3
Deadline is: Deadline coming soon

pr0ner -------- pricked
Chaosraven -------- de-furred
Newcastle -------- bashed
Unagi ------- Cained
Scoop ------- Scooped
LordMortis ------ iced
Holman ------- blown
vorret ------- assploded
Purge ------ toast
redrun ----- red ran
BB2112 ------ fasttracked
Remus West ----- subtracted

Voting Closed
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

"Qantaga is a Cylon. I tell you right now I am sure of it." Theohall places his hands on his hips in a matter of fact way.
"Well, he may be but one thing we know for sure, you are a Cylon." tru1cy states.
"Yeah but..."
RMC steps up, "He is right. You have admitted it. You claim to be helping us but how can be trust you? You are a Cylon."
With that the final vote was cast.
Theohall sighed. Qantaga injected Theohall and they waited with the BCD.
"Why is this needed?" RMC asks, "He already said he was a Cylon."
"I know, but what if he's just some insane human. I mean to me it looked like his programming was fouled up. He surely couldn't store any of the info correctly about me if he is a Cylon." Qantaga replied.
After a few minutes the BCD emitted that all too familiar Cylon chip alert. Theohall was indeed a Cylon.
No surprise but was the nightmare over?
"Let's get this equipment and tents tore down and get to the safety of the Raptor for the night.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Night Sequence
Leoben-Will you interrupt Starbuck
Starbuck-Who will you protect?
Starbuck-Who will you search?
Athena-Who will you scan?
D'Anna-Who will you scan?
Cylons-Who will you kill?
Leoben-Who will you scan?
Cain-Will you perform your hidden agenda?

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

#$^%$&#$*&$
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

RMC wrote:#$^%$&#$*&$

RMC, I'm confused. Why are you cursing?

We may have just saved the game by lynching theo. Lassr's writeup reveals that he was a Cylon, but it doesn't tell us if he was Anders or Wolf #3. What we do know is that we have now definitely killed Wolf #3. Had we left theo alone and missed on Wolf #4, we risked losing the game today.

Your cursing implies that you think we missed on theo based on Lassr's writeup, but we have no way of knowing that.

You were here for the discussions, so you knew the game wouldn't end with theo's death. What it did is give us a safer chance of finding Wolf #4 in a group of 3 tomorrow, rather than a group of 4 today, with the additional risk of eviltheo ending the game if we were wrong today.
Qantaga wrote:
theohall wrote:I know the game won't end with my death.

That is correct. The game won't end with your death.

Here are the facts of the game:

Wolf #1 - Scoop
Wolf #2 - Vorret
Wolf #3 - theo or purge
Wolf #4 - Qantaga, tru1cy, RMC, or Mr Bubbles

The only (highly unlikely) way theo's death could end the game is if both he and purge were evil. For that to happen, we would have to have an incredibly inept Anders who didn't bother to speak up at the time, because it is a virtual certainty that Anders was still alive when theo and purge both claimed to be Anders. In other words, it defies credibility to think theo's death will end the game.

To reiterate, we have one of two paths we can take:

Path 1: Ignore theo and try to lynch the 1 wolf in 4 players {Qantaga, tru1cy, RMC, Mr Bubbles}. The risk to this path is that, if theo is evil and we miss, the game will be over today. This is the path to take if the majority believe that theo is good.

Path 2: Lynch theo. We then know that we have definitely killed Wolf #3, whether it was theo or purge. The last wolf will kill someone tonight. Then, tomorrow there is 1 wolf in 3 players to decide the game. This is the safer path that ensures we cannot lose today. This is the path to take if the majority think it possible that theo is evil.

Nothing changed with Lassr's writeup, so I'm not sure why it elicited a curse from you.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
RMC

Post by RMC »

Umm... I thought there was only one wolf left.... I thought it was only 2 wolves if there was a converted one, who would have the gun...
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

You awake to the sound of someone thrashing about. You look over and see Mr Bubbles convulsing on the floor. A bright blue glow enveloping him. After a few seconds it is over.

"What the frak just happened?" tru1cy asks as he jumps up from his cot and backs into the corner.
RMC notices something shiny sticking out of Mr Bubbles parka. He walks over and toes it with his foot. It falls out.
"A Cylon Plasma Shocker." Qantaga and tru1cy both say at the same time.
"Frak, I was so hoping this was over."

Black Lives Matter
tru1cy

Re: [WW]BSG IX -Cold Blood (Day 6)

Post by tru1cy »

End game..time to check in and it goes without saying be certain of your vote.
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
RMC

Post by RMC »

Oh duh.. Theo was always a Cylon, he was just a 'good' cylon.

Anyway I am here, and it is either Tru1cy or Q as the bad guy.

I am guessing it is Tru1cy right now.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I'm here.

The good news is that we made it through the game without Galen being converted.
RMC wrote:Oh duh.. Theo was always a Cylon, he was just a 'good' cylon.

Still, though, we don't know that. theo could have been a bad cylon.

It's time to review everything again.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

My review didn't get very far yesterday. It looks like we all have a busy weekend.

I'll try to have my game thoughts up later this afternoon or tonight.

I will say that this is very stressful and I'm feeling the weight of 11 good spirits' expectations. :(
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

This is going to be an interesting day.

The last time I was in this position was last summer when I lost stessier's PM game. So, I'm a bit distrustful of my own decision making process.

I read back through the game today, focusing primarily on tru1cy and RMC. Unfortunately, there's not much new information to be gathered in that regard. As a matter of fact, this is going to be extremely difficult due to RMC's absence for much of the game. And, even though tru1cy was much more active than in recent games, there were several times during the course of the game where he was (out of game) busy.

Here is my summary of tru1cy from Day 4. At that time, the only viable lynch candidates were tru1cy and bb. I had used my summary of tru1cy and my summary of bb to lean toward accusing tru1cy.

The reason, of course, that tru1cy and bb were the only viable lynch candidates on Day 4 was because RMC and Mr Bubbles had been MIA for most of the game, causing {Remus, theo, bb, tru1cy, Qantaga} to be the only lynch candidates, due to lack of data to go on in regards to RMC and Mr Bubbles.

Here is my extremely small post about RMC's and Mr Bubbles' gameplay from Day 3.

So, my decision will have to come from Day 5 forward.

Day 5 turned into theo's big day out. I was hoping for some open discussion, but theo thwarted that effort. It will be interesting to see at the end of the game if theo really is Anders or if he was the spoofer. So, we can't even learn a lot from Day 5, either, other than the fact that tru1cy and RMC both professed that they thought me to be good. We now know (or at least I do) that one of them was truthful by belief and one of them was truthful by wolfiness.

What I really have to ask myself is why the three of us are in the final day of the game. That includes why Mr Bubbles was the one who was killed last night.

The remaining wolf must either think that I am going to choose incorrectly today and help him win, or he must think that the good player in RMC/tru1cy will be swayed by theo's fervor yesterday and renounce their belief from yesterday that I am good. What's strange about that is that Mr Bubbles never took a stand, one way or the other, on Day 5, so you'd think the wolf would believe that Mr Bubbles would be more malleable to choosing incorrectly.

The questions become:

- Why would tru1cywolf want RMC and I in the final day with him, rather than Mr Bubbles?
- Why would RMCwolf want tru1cy and I in the final day with him, rather than Mr Bubbles?

These would be good questions for the other good player to ask himself, too.

I'm going to sleep on these questions and revisit them in the morning.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I'm not the wolf, but if I was I would want the end game to be a fair as possible by leaving an active player alive instead of trying to win with players that were barely active

Since I'm not the last remaining wolf Qantaga. Why did you decide to leave me alive with RMC. I'm sure you figured I could be easily framed.

RMC , Theohall was correct and I failed to see it. Qantaga is the last wolf
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Sorry. Daughter has been sick and went to the emergency room and we barely got any sleep. This has been the last few months from hell. Staying home today and will place my vote. I'm pretty sure I'm retiring from these games after this.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
RMC

Post by RMC »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Sorry. Daughter has been sick and went to the emergency room and we barely got any sleep. This has been the last few months from hell. Staying home today and will place my vote. I'm pretty sure I'm retiring from these games after this.
Your dead... Sorry, the wolves killed you.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

RMC wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:Sorry. Daughter has been sick and went to the emergency room and we barely got any sleep. This has been the last few months from hell. Staying home today and will place my vote. I'm pretty sure I'm retiring from these games after this.
Your dead... Sorry, the wolves killed you.
:binky: Just got message.. I'm out of it... Was going to delete text, but at least I didn't say anything as usual :? :binky:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RMC wrote:
You're dead... Sorry, the wolves killed you.
:binky: ftfy :binky:
:binky: Also :binky:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote:
RMC wrote:
You're dead... Sorry, the wolves killed you.
:binky: ftfy :binky:
:binky: Also :binky:
Bah... You're dead as well.

Stinkin teachers...
RMC

Post by RMC »

Also, I'll be honest, I think I have to vote Tru1cy.

I know I am not a wolf, and if you two would help a guy and just tell me who is a wolf, it would make this game so much easier.

Q has been the most helpful all game long and while Theo did throw some doubt towards Q, I don't think it is enough to lynch him.

Tru1cy was on the chopping block, and all the proven (By death) were out to get him prior to my vote for BB, which ran him up the flagpole.

So I am going to go back, and see what was going on around then, and see if I can see anything with Q and Tru1cy.

Now this is what worries me about Q: As for why Mr. Bubbles..Well if it was me, Mr bubbles and the wolf, then Me and Mr. Bubbles would have voted off the wolf. There is no doubts in my mind there. So why that is not easily seen by Q, means I have to really start to look that over. By lack of participation, both Mr. Bubbles and Myself have been kind of cleared...
But my gut is always wrong, so I hope I can find something to show me the one who was acting weird, or I'll go against Tru1cy...
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Thank you tru1cy. You have taken all the stress away from me. I was spinning myself in circles over the weekend, trying to examine both you and RMC.

However, you've made this much easier.

I suspected when I woke up still alive this morning that the wolf would be the one to try to ride on theo's coattails.

The problem for you is that theo's coattails are severly flawed for the following reasons:

1. I am a citizen.
2. theo may well be Wolf #3 who was deliberately casting doubt on me yesterday, just so his partner would have the groundwork laid to make a case against me today.
3. Everything theo attributed to me about being evil was based on mis-information. Go back and look. Everything theo tried to use to call me evil was manufactured by him and was in direct contradiction to what I had actually posted.

It also strikes me as incredibly odd for a good player to completely reverse his position overnight without even an effort to go through the process.

I could have understood if you had come in today and said, "Maybe I need to re-evaluate Qantaga today" or " Hmmm, I'm going to have to take a closer look at both Qantaga and RMC."

However, you did neither. You just came right in with, "RMC, theohall was correct and I failed to see it. Qantaga is the last wolf."

No thought or reasoning on your own as to why you think I am evil, just "theo was correct." What exactly changed between yesterday and today that you now suddenly see me as evil and theo as the fount of wisdom? So much so that you aren't even looking at RMC?

It certainly isn't theo's death, because we have no way of knowing if theo is good or evil. So, why is his opinion enough to bet the game on today?

RMC is not squeeky clean and there are a few things that should be examined with him. Things like:

- Was he faking (ala Holman last game and stess in his infamous "does anyone else skip to the results?" post) when he claimed that he didn't know that theo couldn't possibly be the last wolf even though we had discussed it in detail the day before.
- He had already noted that I was previously suspicious of tru1cy. He could have brought tru1cy and I into the last day for this very reason. His first post today even indicated he was leaning tru1cy.
- RMC's claim in Day 5 that he trusted me more than any others could be him trying to manipulate me into see him as good. After all, RMC watched it work like a charm on me for Remus and bb in the PM game.
- On Day 4, he claimed that he thought theo was good, but then he reversed that opinion fairly quickly on Day 5.

Yet tru1cy doesn't even consider that RMC could be the last wolf. He just comes in boldly proclaiming that I am the last wolf and that theo, of all people, was right about me. It certainly paints tru1cy in a very evil light, because a good player would be much more diligent on the last day with the entire game in the balance.

Much like theo yesterday, tru1cy has put me in a position where there is only one path available for me. Even if RMC is the last wolf, tru1cy's stance today has taken RMC completely out of lynch consideration.

Thankfully, there is enough evidence of an evil tru1cy that I feel comfortable that tru1cy is the last wolf (especially given his post today). You can find most of it in my summary of tru1cy during Day 4 that had me leaning me toward voting tru1cy over bb (before Mr Bubbles and theo killed bb very quickly).

Since then, tru1cy spent Day 4 and 5 saying he wouldn't vote on me. Until today, when as noted above, he completely reversed himself this morning, with no reason other than that "theo was right."

There's also the matter of RMC's "I thought there was only one wolf left if the shot hadn't been taken" mentioned above. That seems to me more like confusion than a deliberate head fake.

And, we might as well get the meta out on the table for discussion, it's hard for me to imagine that a wolfy RMC would vanish from the game for as long as he did. I certainly understand it with the hospital stay, but I think a wolf RMC would have at least popped in a time or two even while dealing with the stress of having to fire employees.

My primary dilemma now is whether I believe there is a chance that tru1cy is good, but misguided. However, unlike Bond II when I thought Unagi was good, therefore, making it worth trying to convince him that he was wrong about me, I don't think there's a high enough chance of tru1cy being good this game to try to argue with him (theo made me a bit weary of that prospect yesterday).

So, RMC the game is yours to decide. If you're the wolf, I'm about to hand you the game (although, tru1cy will hold a large part of that responsibility).

However, if you are my fellow good player, trust your instincts. You have been right about me so far. I am good this game. My role is citizen.

tru1cy 

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

And now my breath is stopped waiting to see if RMC will prove himself good by posting or if I've just given away the game...
RMC

Post by RMC »

Qantaga wrote:
So, RMC the game is yours to decide. If you're the wolf, I'm about to hand you the game (although, tru1cy will hold a large part of that responsibility).

However, if you are my fellow good player, trust your instincts. You have been right about me so far. I am good this game. My role is citizen.
Oh god.. MY instincts have been right?!?!!?! You have seen me play these games before, right???

But I am leaning Tru1cy, as I said prior to your post. :)

Let me do some due diligence, give Tru1cy a chance to respond and present his case and then I will place my vote.

Oh and start breathing, I am not a wolf.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Hallelujah!!!

At least I know for a fact that tru1cy is the last wolf.

(Now to catch my breath) :)
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Sorry. Daughter has been sick and went to the emergency room and we barely got any sleep. This has been the last few months from hell.

Mr Bubbles. I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope and pray that she's better soon.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I don't know exactly what you want me to say. I don't have the time to dig around in post, but I've been fooled by a helpful Qantaga. It's not the first time I believed in a helpful player, but you have to go with your gut. I'm not the last remaining bad guy.

Qantaga 

RMC the ball is in your court
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Qantaga wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:Sorry. Daughter has been sick and went to the emergency room and we barely got any sleep. This has been the last few months from hell.

Mr Bubbles. I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope and pray that she's better soon.

This... take care yourself and your your family
RMC

Post by RMC »

tru1cy wrote:
Qantaga wrote:

This... take care yourself and your your family
Ditto. Hope all is well, I have three little girls and it sucks when they are not feeling well.
RMC

Post by RMC »

You guys suck. Anyone want to just fess up about who is a wolf and who is not?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Day 6

1 Qantaga ---------- tru1cy
2 tru1cy ---------- Qantaga
3 RMC ----------
tru1cy -1 -- Qantaga
Qantaga -1 -- tru1cy
--
--

Majority = 2
Deadline is: No deadline

pr0ner -------- pricked
Chaosraven -------- de-furred
Newcastle -------- bashed
Unagi ------- Cained
Scoop ------- Scooped
LordMortis ------ iced
Holman ------- blown
vorret ------- assploded
Purge ------ toast
redrun ----- red ran
BB2112 ------ fasttracked
Remus West ----- subtracted
Theohall ------- deactivated

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Hope the little munchkin is feeling better soon!

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

RMC wrote:You guys suck. Anyone want to just fess up about who is a wolf and who is not?

Spoiler:
:pop:
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Lassr wrote:
Hope the little munchkin is feeling better soon!
Better, but I think I know where the concept of zombies comes from now.
Bertrand Russell
RMC

Post by RMC »

Alright, I reread this game again, and say that my absence really hurt my understanding of the flow. I see who did what and said what, and I see the time stamps, but it's hard to take that all into account. <shrug> So there is my apology.

After a bunch of thought and simply guess work, I am going to follow the advice of most of the people that were lynched or killed by the one wolf left.

I am going to say that wolf is  Tr1ucy 

If Q is the wolf, he did a masterful job of not really pinging too many peoples radar, and while Theo did a good job of trying to make Q out to be a wolf in the end, I just can't connect those dots. Again, I stink at these games, but I have a 50/50 shot of getting this right.

So did I get it right, or wrong?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

finally!!

RMC, you will have to wait to find out if you just blew the whole game or not.

:|
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Yay!!!

<Happy Dance>

My team won!!! :)

(I won't steal Lassr's thunder. I'll let him reveal my team).
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:finally!!
+1

I was going to start pestering Lassr for a deadline again. :lol:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
RMC

Post by RMC »

Hey I was looking at toilet paper holders...
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Wrong choice....