World of Tanks

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Paingod

Re: World of Tanks

Post by Paingod »

The split-second your tank dies, you can hit "Escape" and then "Exit Battle" - when the fight ends, your tank will re-appear as available in your garage and you'll be awarded with any experience and credits you earned. While that tank is sitting as a burned out hull, you can return to your garage, hope in another tank, and get into another fight. My best/worst is having three tanks in battle while I was going into a fight with a fourth.

It *really* speeds up experience gain.

Alternately you can watch games unfold as a spectator, but there's nothing else for you to do except maybe learn a little about tactics by watching good players.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I had no idea - I figured that leaving in mind-battle would disqualify you for the rewards (most other multiplayer games work that way.) I've been sitting there observing for ten minutes every time.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You poor bastard...
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Stefan Stirzaker

Post by Stefan Stirzaker »

Yep unless I'm platooning and have squad members still alive, I always exit battle, change to next tank and enter battle. Makes xp and money flow in much quicker :) And better than waiting for someone to hunt down the last tard hiding in the corner wetting himself.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I just ran five battles in the time it usually takes me to run two. Credits are actually starting to add up now.
Finalgenesis

Post by Finalgenesis »

I remember playing this for a few days a long time ago and now am getting interested again reading this thread!

That quit and play tip may just push me off the edge, great stuff! I'll go through the wiki and get up to speed again, I remember the last time there I got a headache.

To be utterly slothful:

1. What are some tips you wish you knew when you first start? Assuming I already read the last few pages of the post.

2. What are some of your favorite tanks for each tier and why :oops:. In an age bygone I think I mostly played artillery and TD.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Any hints for dealing with heavy tanks? I'm in a TD, I have my front to them, they have their side to me.

Bounced off.
Bounced off.
Bounced off.
Bounced off.

They fire one shot into my front armor, I blow up.

This happens repeatedly.
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

Blackhawk wrote:
I'm confusticated. How do you run a second vehicle/battle?
When the first one is destroyed, exit the battle and get another vehicle from your garage into a different battle.

Edit: I didn't notice the next page of the thread with Paingod's post answering your question at the top. :oops:
Last edited by Greybriar on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The education of a man is never completed until he dies. --Robert E. Lee
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

Blackhawk wrote:Any hints for dealing with heavy tanks? I'm in a TD, I have my front to them, they have their side to me.

Bounced off.
Bounced off.
Bounced off.
Bounced off.

They fire one shot into my front armor, I blow up.

This happens repeatedly.
To get in an effective shot, load HE ammunition. But you will probably die anyway unless you hide--preferably behind a rock or building.
The education of a man is never completed until he dies. --Robert E. Lee
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Bouncing shots is frustrating - and it's possible to minimize it.

What happens when you hear a "Bounce" message isn't that the shot bounced entirely, it's that it failed to penetrate. There are several factors that change your penetration ratings - this is all from memory. The exact mechanics should be in the Wiki.

- Every gun's ammo type has a different penetration range (48, for example). This means that if you hit dead-on perpendicular your round will penetrate 48mm of armor.
- The slope of a tank's armor changes the penetration value for the armor by (I believe) adding the armor slope to the actual armor value of the hit zone. The steeper the slope, the harder it is to penetrate.
- The further your round travels, the lower it will penetrate. Maximum penetration is easy to achieve at under 50m, but diminishes after that, I think.

So if you load up AP ammo with a penetration value of 60 and try to shoot a tank 100m away that has 40 side armor sloped at a 70º angle and it hits, his armor combined with the slope may just deflect your round entirely. Even a lighter armored foe even further away might not get penetrated due to the distance factor.

When this happens, the best thing to do is load HE rounds. You can add a few from the garage and keep them for emergencies - or you may find that you like using them more than anything else... See... HE rounds never "bounce" because of armor. They always hit. What they do is a portion of their damage based on the armor of the tank hit. If, by some miracle, your HE round hits an enemy and penetrates, it does horrible things to them.

The problem with HE rounds is that this damage MUST get through the armor first, and then anything left over is done to the tank. It's usually pretty minimal - but it's better than nothing. Certain guns for tanks are designed to be HE monsters - like the 152mm gun for the KV. It does 900 damage with a hit - but the gun takes 23 seconds to reload and is horribly inaccurate. The Hetzer has an HE gun that does 450 damage, which can pretty much destroy any tank of Tier IV or lower in one hit, but again - inaccurate and slow to load.

AP ammo will always do it's max damage IF it penetrates. That's why it's nice. It's a guaranteed good hit - once you know you can get through their armor.

The general rule of thumb is AP for up-close and HE for far-off, and HE if you're up against a high-tier tank that you have no hope of penetrating.

I set them to 1 and 2 for quick-keys in combat.
Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ok, some research and I figured out how to buy the HE ammo. I'd tried before, but couldn't move the slider. I didn't notice that you had a max ammo count per vehicle that was comprised of the different types mixed.

There seem to be a lot of features I've missed. This game really needs better documentation.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Is it just me, or did the matchmaker get better recently? I was about to give up on the game entirely due to the horrible matchmaking. Then I played a round last night in my T1 heavy (tier 5). I was the highest tier in the game. Enjoying that I played another. And was again highest tier. And another. Four times in a row. Then I got into a tier 7 game- that's manageable. Another tier 5 game, then a tier 8 game. Then another tier 5. I was highest tank in my tier more than 50% of the time in the T1 last night. Craziness. Maybe I just got lucky.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

The matchmaking is the same, it will screw you over for an entire day, then give you great match ups the next.
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

The matchmaking has never bothered me. I'm not sure what the bonuses are, but in general you earn a lot more experience when facing higher tier tanks, so even when you're overmatched you can have a very productive round. When I'm near the bottom of the list I just snipe from a very safe location until later in the battle when the enemy only has 7-8 tanks with most of them being damaged and scattered across the map. Then I cruise around and try to flank targets that are engaged with my teammates.

I haven't played in a while, but I use the name "Avalon" when playing. I originally had a different name but when I saw that the in-battle scoreboard would only show the first six letters of your name I changed my name to the first six-letter name I could come up with that wasn't already taken. :mrgreen:
Finalgenesis

Post by Finalgenesis »

Tried out a bunch of stuff all across the board up to T3 and really loving the T-46 and Marder II. Marder II is possibly a permanent, that 7.6cm is beastly along with its decent camo and vision.

I'll share some random things that may or may not be noobishly obvious to everyone and are things I wish I knew at the start and possibly useful for other noobs like me:

1. Different guns have different velocity... After getting used to T-46's 45mm VT-42, using T-18's 75mm howitzer is painful. In general from research I did, longer/thinner barrel guns have faster shell, AP > HE ...etc, common sense work for the most part, as is actually testing a gun.

2. Crosshair can be changed in setting to show armor penetration value (eg. Green, yellow, red), this helps a lot in hunting out weak spots against a heavy for example.

3. Tanks within the same category (ex. TD) can play very differently, you really have to vary your play style sometimes. eg. Marder II vs Hetzer.

4. Camo value is present for all tanks, bushes just add a % after stopping for 3 (6?) seconds using a LoS check test and I believe there's rumor that it may be a fixed camo amount. It bears summarizing from the wiki, but when moving you get -20% camo value... except for scout tanks! (light?) Firing your gun also gives -5% to -40% briefly if there's no bush or obscuring objects a bit in front of you (or between you and enemy spotters actually), I think it's 12 ft. It really is critical to know this system and develop a sense of whether you are lit up or not on the enemy radar at a given time especially after you fire.

5. I'm sure it's obvious... but you can mouse wheel zoom even further when snipping... stupidly I didn't know until some time after getting Marder. On the other hand you can zoom far back, which gives much better situation awareness, very useful for backing up.

6. Speed governor remover (Russian only) is actually not a consumable, it's more like a semi-permanent, it also does constant damage to your engine until it is damaged, higher T engines have more engine HP, thus able to use it a lot longer (rumor is that some higher tier ones can run it most of the match!), you can get a feel testing it once on a given engine to see how long it last and ensure you don't reach that point, at which point it becomes a very nice boost when needed.

7. Detracking is amazing, aim for front or rear wheel. I have still to find out reliable source for weak spots on a given tank, except using the armor pen indicator crosshair (still no clue if that green spot amid a sea of red on a KV is engine or ammo or whatever though heh). Avoid shooting when its red (except with HE), 90% of the time it bounces and just increase chance of lighting yourself up for return fire.

8. Ramming suicide scouts (if you're driving something decently fast and not outmassed) is great, high speed chase scenes! (just don't chase them back into enemy territory...) Also, if you line up with their direction it's easy to hit them and even go for their rear wheels, and if they turn or weave a lot then you'll get a lot of chances to ram them.

9. manual aim, always... you have to get good at some point (So far I can detrack with consistency, my next goal is to be able to go for hatch / engine / fuel tanks or to kill their turret traverse with clear intent... but I don't know where these things are on a given tank...). except when you're brawling / circling dog fight, which is the only time I use auto. Auto aim also does not account for shell travel lag, you will always miss a moving target not lined up to you. I've used auto in the start (as a super noob does...) and gotten unhealthily reliant on it, but playing a lot of Marder II finally broke me out of the habit, good manual is so much superior to auto.

10. Credit to performance improvement ratio, nothing is remotely close to getting 75% crew training for 20k per over a 50% crew, start doing so for T3 seems to be a good place, you'll make your money back with this investment for sure. 50k also get you a ventilation system for some tanks, +5% crew performance, it doesn't sound big, but I'll tell you that it's noticeable. My marder is getting to 90% range and I have plans to go all crew camo skill, with a camo net, binocs and that inherently nice view range I just can't wait.

11. It's well worth getting a camo net for 100k, the binocs look very very good too but at 500k... I might as well get a KV before I grind for it. Camo, binocs and repair kit are the 3 removable equipment.

12. Sight is king, a good scout (no... not the suicide runner kind) can completely change the game, I've gotten a few games with good scout and man do they make a difference. There are shot opportunities all around you at most times, but you have to have spotted them to take it... On the other hand, if enemy scout have lit you up, move your @$$ and keep moving unless you are well out of LoS of likely (and some unlikely) firing angles, this includes artillery, fire can be pouring in at you from all over if say you're doing over-watch on a hill..

13. Don't be afraid to fire on the move, when doing peekabo avoid waiting for aim to stabilize, pop out, fire, pop back in all in 1 motion, as long as you don't turn left or right you actually retain a surprising amount of aim. T-46 is great practice for firing on the move, which can be surprisingly accurate once you get the hang of it. You probably don't want to aim for weak spots though and just shoot the center of mass... if target is too heavily armored you shouldn't be playing peekabo with it, scoot and use that nice mobility and camo.

That's what I have off the top of my head... Anyone have some they can share?
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

The binocs will be nice - but they are expensive. 500K is huge for a component that only works when you're holding still. I've got a KV-3 (over 1,000,000 credits to buy) and still don't have a set of binocs. If I had them, I'd use them for a scout-ish role. Run, hide, spot. When battle engages - flank, run, hide, spot.
Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I have yet to kill another vehicle with a single shot, despite proper targeting. Nonetheless, I'm getting one-shotted one out of every three battles. Is this a premium ammo thing, or just luck?
Finalgenesis

Post by Finalgenesis »

That's usually the big damage HE shells I think, especially if your armor is thin (most early tanks) and the HE pens your armor, some T3s get 400+ damage (TDs I believe, was it T82?) while some T2s get 150+ damage, usually though the damage sounds impressive but armor can shave off a nice bit of damage, if it pens though...

Artys are the other culpit I think.

Tanks doing 1 shots are a bit rarer until you hit T5, for example KV's infamous derp cannon does 700 damage, but is highly imprecise.

aiming for weak points increase chance of penning with low pen HE shells too.
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Always say which tank you're using when asking questions like that, along with which upgrades you have.

In general, the only time I got one shot kills is when I vastly out tier the tank I'm shooting at (me in a Lowe, and him in a scout tank) or a get really lucky with an HE or AP round shot into a key weak spot (But never on any tank that's similar in tier).

I think I got a few same tier one shot kills with my M4 Sherman with 105 Howitzer gun. It lobbs high damage HE shells, and at that tier very few things are armored enough to withstand more than 3 hits from that gun.

The biggest problem I have with the game is that they don't use the "artillery whistle" sound effect when arty is dropping near you. It's probably not realistic, but it's a good acoustic cue to players as to when they're being shot at by arty instead of a tank.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It happens regularly with my Marder II and M2 medium, both fully upgraded, getting hit in the front armor by mediums and even scouts. I get that sometimes a good shot will go through, but I'm constantly getting killed in one or two shots when I'm hitting the same tanks three or four times (HE at range, AP up close) and they're surviving.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Just need to be aware of what you're shooting at. The matchmaker hates anyone not in a Tier VII or higher, I think. My Tier VI KV-3 is most times right in the middle or lower half. I'd love to see a fight where it was all Tier VI tanks, or all Tier III tanks - stuff like that. It'd be super fun to actually fight a lot of fairly opposed enemies.

I will say this this game not only looks better on my new rig, but I had no idea it could sound so intense. I got a new set of headphones and while I thought it sounded fine before, now I can hear everything. I heard a funny noise sitting in the starting zone and couldn't figure it out... until I realized there was a flag flapping overhead. My tanks now rumble across the ground, shots have a resounding thunder to them, and I am far more immersed in the game as a whole. My first round out, I actually jumped when I shot my gun - the sound was amazing.
Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Paingod wrote:Just need to be aware of what you're shooting at. The matchmaker hates anyone not in a Tier VII or higher, I think.
How the heck are you supposed to know what tier they're in short of memorizing 100+ obscure acronyms?
Finalgenesis

Post by Finalgenesis »

in battle pressing alt shows their tier. The pre-battle screen also list them in order, higher tier on top, so you can rough eyeball by seeing how high you are on the list, if you're near the bottom you're generally out-tiered, not always right (ex. all tier 2 on the list ...etc) but for T3+ its good enough.

Eventually you get a feel for tank names and their tier.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Finalgenesis wrote:Eventually you get a feel for tank names and their tier.
Except for German tanks. I'll never remember every permutation of the names, but they're all basically the same.
Black Lives Matter

Mr Bismarck

Post by Mr Bismarck »

Finalgenesis wrote: 5. I'm sure it's obvious... but you can mouse wheel zoom even further when snipping... stupidly I didn't know until some time after getting Marder. On the other hand you can zoom far back, which gives much better situation awareness, very useful for backing up.

11. It's well worth getting a camo net for 100k, the binocs look very very good too but at 500k... I might as well get a KV before I grind for it. Camo, binocs and repair kit are the 3 removable equipment.

That's what I have off the top of my head... Anyone have some they can share?
On your zoom tip, the first thing I do every round is immediately zoom all the way out, then tap shift to switch into "sniper" view and zoom all the way in, then tap shift again to drop back to the wide view. Now for the rest of the round a simple shift-tap will switch you between all the way out and all the way in.

Binocs are fine on a TD where you're going to be standing still a lot, but on a tank they're going to be often doing nothing for you at all. I prefer the coated optics - they offer a smaller improvement, but they work even on the move. However, the optics are fixed, while the binocs are removable. I wouldn't put binocs on my KV, (if that's what you meant), unless I was going for the Derp Cannon and intended to be loitering at the back a lot.
Imagine if I hadn't been drunk.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

How do you hit anything with the Derp cannon from the back row? I'd need to use the 107. My KV is pretty good at sniping... but makes a horrble scout. I couldn't adjust to the 152's 23 second reload rate - and any heavy that survives one shot basically turns the corner with impunity and destroys me.
Black Lives Matter

DD*

Post by DD* »

Been having a good time with this, though I'm not sure I'd pay a monthly to play. I'm focusing exclusively on American vehicles and having a good time. Wish there were more maps and a "tier-exclusive" mode and/or X weight class only mode would be much much fun, I think. Larger maps as well.
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

DD* wrote:Wish there were more maps and a "tier-exclusive" mode and/or X weight class only mode would be much much fun, I think.
I love logging in on my tier 3 and seeing an entire team of tier 7 on the other side. I can't hit anything, I can't survive anything, and I can't really earn anything. It takes all my integrity not to just alt-tab out and wait for the end reading OO.

/edit - I've noticed it seems to be getting really unbalanced in the evening. From about 7 or 8 on, I can't do anything in my tier 3 stuff.
xwraith

Post by xwraith »

I love logging in on my tier 3 and seeing an entire team of tier 7 on the other side.
Being a fan of the leopard I see this quite a bit, and I admit sometimes it gets quite frustrating. I've found that getting behind the heavies and lobbing HE usually does a little good. Also looking and watching for opportunities to get into the rear of enemy heavies and mediums is good as well.
I forgot to call it "a box of pure malevolent evil, a purveyor of
insidious insanity, an eldritch manifestation that would make Bill
Gates let out a low whistle of admiration," but it's all those, too.
-- David Gerard, Re: [Mediawiki-l] Wikitext grammar, 2010.08.06
Finalgenesis

Post by Finalgenesis »

Indeed I've been zooming out all the way and zoom in +1 in sniper mode right in the start, or all the way depending on map and tanks I'm using.

For KV, which is my current main cred generator, I absolutely hate the 152mm, the extreme reload with .6 acc is just painful, and you have to switch to the boxy turret with horrendous traverse speed which is counter to the point of 152mm: in your face 1 shot, and the kind of targets that warrants 152mm will usually kill you before you can deliver the payload.

The 107mm is good even though its also stuck with the super slow traverse turret, since it's built more for sniping, you don't want to get into brawls with anything but the really slow stuff though since your turret traverse will not cope, staying at range is the way to go with 107mm.

For brawling I find the 122mm to be superior to 152mm actually, over double the fire rate (less waste), the damage is quite fair (450 I believe?), has a decent AoE (2m or so), an improvement of .1 in acc, and most importantly, a smaller turret (slightly harder to hit) that traverse twice as fast so you can sorta brawl (still too slow to follow a fast med like say T-28 doing a brawling pattern on you though), of course, on really heavy armored stuff in T7+ 152mm *might* be better, but I tend to fight anything from T3-T8(T9?) in a KV and 152mm is overkill on some of the targets where 122mm can already 1 shot, and since 122mm can fire more then twice in the time to fire once in 152mm, it's not too often I run into something where 152mm can out dps over the 122mm. Basically, I'll take the higher acc, faster traverse, better profile and less waste any day.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I'm starting to feel glad that I didn't invest too heavily in the game - just time, no cash.

I've had a lot of fun with it, but after 1,400 battles the novelty has started to wear off and I'm beginning to feel a grind - if I want anything "new" I need to either start over at Tier II in a different tank line or pay for a tank. I'm kind of stuck...

10,000 experience left to get out of the T-34
110,000 experience left to Elite the KV
80,000 experience left to Elite the KV-3
12,000 experience left to get out of the StuGIII

... and a T-46 sitting pretty with a 152% trained crew. This is my fun tank. The KV can be fun; it typically does better than my KV-3. The StuGIII can be fun, but tends to get shafted by the Matchmaker, putting me at the bottom and scrounging for tread shots.

I log in, get my double experience for each tank, and log out for the night - off to GTA IV, Overlord, or just about anything else.
Black Lives Matter

xwraith

Post by xwraith »

Looks like the update with the new lights, and a couple other mediums just came out.

I think I'm going to pick up the long 75mm gun on that one, that should be fun to have with a speed limit of 72kph....
I forgot to call it "a box of pure malevolent evil, a purveyor of
insidious insanity, an eldritch manifestation that would make Bill
Gates let out a low whistle of admiration," but it's all those, too.
-- David Gerard, Re: [Mediawiki-l] Wikitext grammar, 2010.08.06
DD*

Post by DD* »

Played a few games today. Haven't seen the new American medium but I did run into a new E50 - holy crap those things are FAST.

BTW, M4 Sherman and Easy 8 make 50% credits this weekend. Booyah!
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Finalgenesis

Post by Finalgenesis »

Paingod wrote:I'm starting to feel glad that I didn't invest too heavily in the game - just time, no cash.

I've had a lot of fun with it, but after 1,400 battles the novelty has started to wear off and I'm beginning to feel a grind - if I want anything "new" I need to either start over at Tier II in a different tank line or pay for a tank. I'm kind of stuck...

10,000 experience left to get out of the T-34
110,000 experience left to Elite the KV
80,000 experience left to Elite the KV-3
12,000 experience left to get out of the StuGIII

... and a T-46 sitting pretty with a 152% trained crew. This is my fun tank. The KV can be fun; it typically does better than my KV-3. The StuGIII can be fun, but tends to get shafted by the Matchmaker, putting me at the bottom and scrounging for tread shots.

I log in, get my double experience for each tank, and log out for the night - off to GTA IV, Overlord, or just about anything else.
Same here, probably not worth any money, I find the low tier more fun then higher tier anyway.

I find myself going back to T-28 more often then KV, it's grown on me and I like it more then the T-46.

Thankfully I still have my T-46 with 99% crew, so maybe I'll work down the new T-50 line, T-50 gun looks pretty bad while T-50-2 has a much better gun but will have to contest with up to T8, I kinda like it though since you HAVE to play as a scout, flanker and arty/TD hunter.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Finalgenesis wrote:Thankfully I still have my T-46 with 99% crew, so maybe I'll work down the new T-50 line, T-50 gun looks pretty bad while T-50-2 has a much better gun but will have to contest with up to T8, I kinda like it though since you HAVE to play as a scout, flanker and arty/TD hunter.
I played WoT all last night - got into the T-50, got it a couple upgrades.

My feeling for the tank is that I feel a lot like an A-20 - but with much better acceleration and armor. As a Tier IV tank, I was getting into fights I seriously could not compete in. I did pull some pretty fantastic scouting, though - it's a solid runner - I got deep into enemy territory multiple times, dodging heavy tank fire with relative ease. I even bounced a shot from a Tier VII tank while running up a hill. I have NO idea how that happened, but it confused him and he actually backed away from me for a second.

Best moment was scouting deep into an enemy base - dodging a Tiger or two - and seeing a Slugger with 6% health left and actually killing him seconds before I was killed by two base-camping TD's.
Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I think I'm about done with this. I haven't had a decent game in weeks. 3/4 of the time my tier 3 stuff gets pitted against tier 5-6 tanks, and I can't do a damned thing. I can't even damage them enough to get any rewards from playing to move on to higher tiers. I'll sit down, play five or six battles, be at the bottom of the list on every one, and finish so tense and irritated that I end up not wanting to do any gaming at all for a while.
DD*

Post by DD* »

I'm just the opposite, been having a bunch of fun lately. I am currently grinding my T29 to the 105, and working my T20 toward the Pershing. Finally feeling like I have got the hang of how these two play.

Granted, I still get the occasional game where my T29 is in with E100s and Maus but I've also been top dog a time or three.

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Blackhawk wrote:I think I'm about done with this. I haven't had a decent game in weeks. 3/4 of the time my tier 3 stuff gets pitted against tier 5-6 tanks, and I can't do a damned thing. I can't even damage them enough to get any rewards from playing to move on to higher tiers. I'll sit down, play five or six battles, be at the bottom of the list on every one, and finish so tense and irritated that I end up not wanting to do any gaming at all for a while.
It's funny - since my last post, I haven't actually played at all. The icon sits unused. I suppose that once the novelty wore off I was left with a game that did feel frustrating. Getting round after round where the best you can hope to do is Suiscout gets old pretty quick.

I think a big issue might be a dwindling number of new players, and existing players are either moving up or quitting. Tier II - IV tanks are suddenly in shorter supply, so you get shafted more often.

DD looks like he's playing in the upper tiers, and I imagine that once you get close enough to the top, it's progressively harder for the matchmaker to screw you.
Last edited by Paingod on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

That was my thinking. The game is so much fun when you get a good match, but that has become the exception of late. They're going to have to find a way to address this problem if they expect the franchise to continue to prosper.

At this point, I'd actually rather have a longer wait in the matchmaker and get more balanced battles. Near instant queues are great and all, but not if I can't actually compete once I'm in.
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

But the great thing is that you're not losing out on money by just letting it sit. Eventually, there will be an update that interests you.

In particular they seem to be doing more to make lighter tanks more useful, and at the same time making different kinds of matches.

I'm very satisfied with the time and money I spent on the game.