WW, Semaj Edition, Game Over, Someone wins!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Scoop20906

Re: WW, Semaj Edition, day 2: Western Promises

Post by Scoop20906 »

Unagi wrote:Let me get this straight.

You will only help the village if you are left alive again.
Tomorrow is when you would tell us both your Chaos scan, and tonights scan.

But, in the mean time - you may not be the Seer, so we should continue to take shots among everyone that's not You.
If you can't follow that then you have been out of the game too long.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Unagi wrote:Let me get this straight.

You will only help the village if you are left alive again.
Tomorrow is when you would tell us both your Chaos scan, and tonights scan.

But, in the mean time - you may not be the Seer, so we should continue to take shots among everyone that's not You.
ok lets try this again

Voting is closed 

Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I was friggin dead yesterday. Since the wolf decided to pass on me (he must have thought Remus West was the Seer since Remus kind of dropped a hint about it) I wanted to try and fool him a 2nd time. Of course, I was not given the chance.

Scoop20906

Re: WW, Semaj Edition, Day 1: No more mister nice guy

Post by Scoop20906 »

J.D. wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:I have no dog in this hunt.
 Stessier 

Scoop was the killing vote on stessier. Which is either an honest vote on a suspected target or a cover for him once the train got rolling on his buddy.

I'm headed into a meeting for the next 1.5 hours, so I'll be sparse around here for a while.
Good point. I don't think Scoop being a WW makes any sense. Sooner or later he's going to get lynched if he keeps surviving the nights and with stessier gone it'd be game over. I can't see the remaining WW keeping him alive much longer either since sooner or later he's going to land on the remaining WW.

There's always the chance that Scoop is not the seer and just said so to save his own skin, but at the moment I don't have any reason to suspect he's a WW.
Maybe people should listen to the new players a little more often. Why didn't you?

Scoop20906

Re: WW, Semaj Edition, Day 1: No more mister nice guy

Post by Scoop20906 »

Also, this attitude was little help tracking down a wolf. Might want to rethink how you are addressing the game, Theohall.

theohall wrote:Image

Semaj

Post by Semaj »

As they all sit around the PIt of Death accusations fly fast and furious... All in one direction mainly, as everyone points at Scoop de Ville:

Unagi: "He believes in things like light beer!"
Theohall: "He has to be a wolf, he flinched!"
J.D.: "I love lamp!"
Chaosraven: "Wait I need a reason?"

Scoop de Ville looks shocked and starts stammering: "but I'm the seer... I scanned him, he's a good guy?"

Chasroaven shakes his head as he comes up and puts a hand on Scoops shoulder: "You are clearly lying, because if I was so nice would I do this?"

Scoop looks at him: "Do what?"

Chaosraven kicks Scopp hard in the gut sending him flying into the pit.

Chaosraven: "THIS IS SPARTA!"

Scoop yells "NNNnnNnnnNnooOOoOOoOOOOOOOOOOoOooOoOooOOO" as he falls rapidly downward until he hits the bottom.

Thud!

Everyone looks up toward the sky, waiting for some cloud action, but instead they see a small plane flying by with an advertisement banner on the back.

Msteelers: "Good job guys, you totally killed him..."
Isgrimnur: "That was nothing short of amazing to watch..."
Unagi: "But alas, now it's time for me to announce what Scoop de Ville was..."
Chaosraven: "He was a.... "

<Dramatic Pause here>

J.D. "Human?!?!?!"

Scoop de Ville was Human.

Everyone looks confused and dumbfounded by this. No Partying, no celebration, instead everyone hits the bar and drinks their sorrows away until night time when everyone goes home to sleep.

It is now night-time, as such the wolves will play and the seer shall scan.
Wolves: Who will you kill.
Seer: Who will you scan?
Unagi

Re: WW, Semaj Edition, Night 2: Death de Ville

Post by Unagi »

Wow

Seriously

And Chaos is human?

I give up.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Heh... RED SAUCE ON PASTA... By a funny coinkydink I share a birthday with Butler... To the day month and year. He got the looks.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

:binky: :pop: :binky:

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Of course, the Wolf must kill me next, logically.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

J.D.

Post by J.D. »

I should have listened to my own damn advice.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote::binky: :pop: :binky:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:twisted:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
theohall

Post by theohall »

To the deceased Scoop, it really sucks when someone is fixated on you for no real reason, isn't it? :) And, hopefully, you have learned something from this as well.

The finger was just a giant poke at the time - since you kept referring to the poking.

Oh well.... let's see who the wolf takes next.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Well. My son just pooped on the damn potty - so, Hell Yeah!

regarding scoop, and lessons learned. meh - what am I to learn? that I should trust you when you claim Seer? and then claim not seer, and then claim seer, and then not seer? What's the lesson learned, oh boy who cried Seer?
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

I in theory have a write p, but since I was drinking about 30 shots, I need to sober up before i do it.

see you in the morning...
Semaj

Re: WW, Semaj Edition, day 3: Scrub-less dishes.

Post by Semaj »

I apologize in advance, my ass is not sober, apparently the whole "Taking you out before you leave" thing people do ends up me about 20-25 shots in trying to crawl home before I die. I sadly failed this time because I was 20 mins from home by vehicle so I had to drink more.

Totally lost at darts too, the shame is great.

In the next installment of "As the werewolf turns" you people have killed the "Seer" and decided you dont need any more silly scans. Chaosraven was fingered by the dead guy and while interesting isn't something any of us wanted to imagine. Who is the last werewolf, who is the seer? Find out on the next edition of "wolf"...

Everyone slowly trudged back to "The Pit of Death" and started the head count, but before they got too far along, the noticed a giant Billboard that read:

"James is drunk, Yes Sir Ree, and cant find a funny way to say the wolves killed J.D."
"I'd fell guilty since he got less than even Bubs, but who likes a guy who was on scrubs?"

Everyone looks around sadly for a minute before Chaosraven chimes in: "I never liked that guy anyways."
The group as a whole nods in agreement and a few people comment similar things before they get to the buisiness of trying to kill a wolf.

You have 5 people, Majority is 3...

Players/Victims:
1. J.D.
2. Msteelers
3. Chaosraven
4. Senior (Sen-your) Bubbles
5. Remus West
6. Stessier
7. Isgrimnur
8. Scoop de Ville
9. Theohall
10. Unagi
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Crap. I have a giant post typed up ready to point the finger at the one that I was convinced was the final WW. But after rereading the thread...now I'm not so sure.

Here's what I'm thinking the wolf has planned this game. The remaining WW and stessier planned to have an encounter on the first day to create plausible deniability. Should either be found out, the remaining wolf could point back to that encounter and "prove" they weren't working together. Then, they decided to skip over killing scoop during the night confident that they could convince the village to kill him during the following day.

Unagi was my main suspect. Here is the post I created last night, pointing the finger at him:
Spoiler:
Ok. The village fell pretty hard for the wolf’s trick.

Right now, Unagi is still at the top of my list of suspects. He’s doing everything I would if I were a wolf. Here’s a timeline of the game so far, of just the important details (as I see them anyway). Events posted in regular text are facts. Those in italics are what I think happened.
  • Msteelers posts doctored monkey imaging, pointing to Remus.
  • Stessier hints at msteelers being seer, votes Remus. Stessier wants to paint msteelers as claiming to be seer, presumably to make it easy for the village to vote for him during the following days.
  • Theohall jumps in to point out Remus is at N-1 without being able to even participate. Msteelers and scoop withdraw remus votes.
  • Unagi votes stessier. Unagi begins planting seed that stessier and scoop are working together. Unagi realizes he needs to vote, but probably thinks Remus is going to be killed by the village. So he votes for his partner, stessier. This creates the illusion that he is working with the village, and should stessier get killed by the village at any point, he can always point back to that vote and claim he CAN’T be the other WW. It also could have worked backwards to protect stessier should Unagi be revealed to be a WW.
  • Stessier and Unagi have a forced “encounter” in which they argue with each other. Another example of the two teammates trying to provide plausible deniability should one or the other be found out.
  • Msteelers votes stessier. Lists stessier, chaosraven, and remus as prime suspects for Day 1 lynch.
  • Scoop gets to N-1 thanks to chaosraven, reveals he is seer. Lists chaosraven and stessier as prime suspects.
  • Unagi implies JD is WW. Just planting a seed for his next victim.
  • Msteelers asks Remus why he would list his top two suspects, but not vote for either of them. Unagi jumps in to ask the question again. He’s starting to see the tide turn towards his partner stessier, and wants to shift it back towards remus without having to switch his vote. I’m sure he was licking his chops when scoop got to N-1
  • Remus, chaos, and scoop all vote for stessier within half an hour of each other. Even if Unagi was going to switch votes once stessier got close to N-1, he might not have had time to do so, considering the quick votes.
  • Stessier is killed, revealed to be a WW.
  • During the night, Unagi took a gamble in killing Remus rather than scoop. He knew he could convince the village to kill scoop based on the simple fact that he survived the night. He also knew that scoop’s scan was going to be meaningless, since he announced he was scanning chaosraven.
  • Unagi immediately begins with a Day 2 data dump (much like this one) to try and control the narrative. Who does he try to railroad? Scoop. He’s just implementing the second part of his plan from the night before, making sure scoop gets killed.
  • Scoop says he’s not the seer.
  • Msteelers votes for Unagi. JD is doubtful because Unagi voted for stessier. plausible deniability
  • Unagi gives it 110% trying to link scoop to stessier.
  • Unagi responds directly to msteelers with three points about why the vote is stupid. [Side note: I was in the middle of responding to this, but went to dinner before it was finished. By the time I got back Scoop was already dead. My responses to his points would have been: 1) yes, that’s why it’s not my only reason; 2) I called stessier on his game and helped start the quick vote for him; and 3) plausible deniability.]
  • Theohall votes for scoop claiming we don’t have time to wait. A very wolfish thing to say.
  • Unagi tries to use the fact that scoop placed the final vote on stessier without giving him a chance to talk as the reason why scoop has to be the other WW. He claimed that it was irresponsible to do this, because stessier MIGHT have been the true seer. The problem is this just doesn’t pass the sniff test. According to unagi that meant that scoop KNEW that stessier was a WW, because he himself was a WW. Big error in judgment here.
  • Scoop all but screams that he is the true seer.
  • Chaosraven gives the final vote, although I think he was confused, and thought he was just putting scoop at n-1.
  • Scoop reveals Chaosraven was his final scan, and is human.
  • Scoop is killed, revealed to be human.
I still think most of the points are valid, but there's another player that has the same pattern that Unagi does. Or at least close enough to make me not vote for Unagi right at this moment.
Last edited by msteelers on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
J.D.

Re: WW, Semaj Edition, Day 3: Scrub-less Dishes

Post by J.D. »

:binky: Avenge...........meeeeee :binky:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

msteelers wrote:I still think most of the points are valid, but there's another player that has the same pattern that Unagi does. Or at least close enough to make me not vote for Unagi right at this moment.
Who, cause- you are correct in second-guessing your thoughts on me. I'm human - and sincerely thought it was pretty clear that Scoop was busted.

Chaos was my second bet, and he's now cleared by a dead human (that claimed/was? Seer).

And they didn't kill Chaos ???

Scoop - if you were faking Seer, and fake-cleared Chaos - you will have (obviously) totally lost us the game.

I'm likely going to follow Chaos' veteran and 'human cleared' choice today.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

While a veteran, Chaos is just as likely to be off-target as the rest of us today. And as for being cleared, the odds are good that he's human, but I really don't like taking anything scoop said claimed at face value. When you claim both sides of the coin, you lose all credibility about anything out of your mouth to me.
Semaj wrote:Players/Victims:
1. J.D.
2. Msteelers
3. Chaosraven
4. Senior (Sen-your) Bubbles
5. Remus West
6. Stessier
7. Isgrimnur
8. Scoop de Ville
9. Theohall
10. Unagi
Unagi, theo, and CR all went after scoop (as well as poor, deceased J.D.). Steelers went after Unagi, and between my meeting yesterday and gaming last night, I didn't get a vote in.

Threat matrix:

theohall and Unagi both taunted Scoop over his play on the "Maybe I am/maybe I'm not" seer declaration. One of these could be hiding in plain sight, figuring no one would figure for the wolf taunting him openly.

CR basically tries to call the wolf down on his own head, since he's been "cleared" by scoop. I'm not sure about that, since scoop called him as a main suspect, then reverses to "clear" him. While certainly within the possibility if he was a seer, I think scoop might have decided to leave us to our own devices and just cause havoc if he was faking, by clearing someone at random. I'm just not sure with scoop's gyrations.

And steelers is shifting targets. Maybe it is Unagi, maybe I've re-thought it. Possible villager attempting to parse everything, maybe a wolf trying to keep from targeting someone and risking the wrath rebound.

I'm not real sure, at the moment, but I'm leaning to theohall or Unagi. I'll have a vote after some more activity today, I'm sure, but I want to see how today plays out some first.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Unagi wrote:I'm human - and sincerely thought it was pretty clear that Scoop was busted.
And scoop didn't need to be tested yesterday, even if he was "busted".

There are 5 players left. If we miss today and the wolf kills tonight, that gives us 3 players. One more chance to catch the wolf. Although I don't think we'll need it.

Unagi 

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

For what it's worth- Theohall sent me a very normal 'congratulatory' PM about Scoop the other day.
I share this, just to say that it read pretty normal to me - as if he sincerely thought that I had indeed busted Scoop too.

If Chaos is indeed human, (and if he isn't, this game is simply Scoop's loss - no one else's) then all of my analysis is poop, cause someone I 'cleared' shouldn't have been.
theohall

Post by theohall »

I am convinced Unagi is human. However, I am always wrong about him, so... Unagi 

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

msteelers wrote:
Unagi wrote:I'm human - and sincerely thought it was pretty clear that Scoop was busted.
And scoop didn't need to be tested yesterday, even if he was "busted".
Play with scoop long enough, and you MIGHT learn that the sooner he is dead - the less "unyanking" you need to do to your chain.

Keeping him alive while he had no evidence of being the Seer (he refused to say that he scanned anyone until he was over-voted) - that is pointless.... if I extend that liberty to everyone that claims Seer - we will let wolves claim Seer for how many totally unchecked days ??? Sorry - my vote tests the N-1Seer that lives overnight.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Votes so far:
Unagi(2): Msteelers, Theohall

People Not voting:
Chaosraven, Isgrimnur, Unagi
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

If I am lynched today - and you are wondering where I think the next wolf is - I would be forced to guess Isgrimnur I think...
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

theohall wrote:I am convinced Unagi is human. However, I am always wrong about him, so... Unagi 

Keeping with the 'always wrong' part Theo.

I'm human.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Unagi wrote:If I am lynched today - and you are wondering where I think the next wolf is - I would be forced to guess Isgrimnur I think...
Then make a case for him and see if you can change my mind. Here, I'll buy you some time.

withdraw Unagi 

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

msteelers wrote:Then make a case for him and see if you can change my mind.
build it yourself. I did my analysis. Since then - I've gotten Scoop killed, so - frankly - you asking me to do this is one of the most wolf things I've seen out of you yet.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Unagi wrote:
msteelers wrote:Then make a case for him and see if you can change my mind.
build it yourself. I did my analysis. Since then - I've gotten Scoop killed, so - frankly - you asking me to do this is one of the most wolf things I've seen out of you yet.
:D

Unagi 

Edit to add that while your virtual throwing of your hands up in the air in defeat does make you look more human in my eyes, you are still my top suspect. I've done analysis on Isgrimnur and right now I think if he is the wolf then he has done an amazing job so far. I'm willing to hear what others have to say, maybe I'll change my mind.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

:binky: :pop: :binky:

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

msteelers wrote:I'm willing to hear what others have to say, maybe I'll change my mind.
I just don't like how you keep dangling that out there like that.... it's as if you want us all to know that your vote is only 'misplaced', because others failed to change your mind. and/or it's as if you are teasing with your vote.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Unagi wrote:
msteelers wrote:I'm willing to hear what others have to say, maybe I'll change my mind.
I just don't like how you keep dangling that out there like that.... it's as if you want us all to know that your vote is only 'misplaced', because others failed to change your mind. and/or it's as if you are teasing with your vote.
Nice try. I've been pretty consistent and honest all along with my voting patterns. Remus is the only person I voted for who I didn't provide an explanation as to why I voted for him. I also withdrew my vote before he could be killed, specifically because I wanted to give him a chance to defend himself. I'm even consistent with my voting for you. Me giving you an opportunity to defend yourself and/or help the village by finding another wolf isn't me teasing you, or trying to say I misplaced my vote. If you are human then I will admit my error and move on to the next person on my list.

But I will ALWAYS reserve the right to change my mind, should new information pop up. That's not dangling a carrot, that's how we caught stessier and how I hope we catch the next werewolf.

:horse:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

We haven't heard from CR yet, but Unagi's high on my threat list with theohall being the other. Regardless, Unagi's had his time to say his peace and the tide is against him. I'll go ahead and move us forward...

Unagi 

It's almost as if people are the problem.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Dammit! Now I feel certain Isgrimnur is the wolf. Oh well. Sorry, Unagi. I can never get it right when it comes to you. :oops:
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Blah Blah Blah Voting Closed, Blah Blah Blah writeup forthcoming.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Wow. Alive and I missed the vote.
"Where are you off to?"

Semaj

Re: WW, Semaj Edition, Night 3: No good pun for Unagi, damni

Post by Semaj »

Everyone casually at around ye pit looking at one another when Msteelers looked up: "Maybe we should consider a new approach."

Everyone looked up.

"He's a wolf, he's in the village, if we get him laid he should be good."

Everyone groaned at once, realizing while fine for Ghostbusters, it clearly didn't work here. Msteelers shrugged in response to the audible groaning, thinking 'At least I tried' which while correct in theory really means he was trying too hard to be funny, much like our narrator.

Unagi then fired off a "We should try this voting thing, how about we check body hair levels and see who has the most? They would have to be either italian or a Werewolf, and no one's name sounds italian to me..."

Everyone considered it, some people checking under thier shirts to see if they would be the chosen one. Chaosraven looked at his second sweater underneath his shirt (Yeah we all know you got one, dont argue bub) and decided perhaps this wasn't the best approach.

"What about Germans, I hear they are hairy too..."

Unagi paused and considered... "Yeah, I guess you might be right... I forgot about them.."

Msteeler then pointed at Unagi... "I think he's a patriots fan!"
Followed quickly by TheoHall... "He has to be a wolf, he flinched!"
Msteeler then did a phenominal job of flip flopping, politicians would have been proud.
Isgrimnur then pointer at Unagi and said: "Thats what she said!"

Everyone paused and looked at Isgrimnur and debated what the hell the accusaion had to do with anything. Who was she, werer there any she's and was Semaj just really reaching for a battle cry. The answer was no he wasn't, his backup battlecrys were "He's been illegally downloading Music!" "He likes Country Music" and "He sings worse than Ashlee Simpson at Karaoke" So you tell me if I was reaching, jerks.

Finally Unagi shook his head in annoyance. "So this is how its going to be eh?"

Isgrimnur nodded and the looked off to the east, "Hey whats that?"

Unagi looked and said: "I cant see anything, what did you see?"

Isgrimnur: "A distraction.."

Isgrimnur then shoved Unagi into the pit and as he fell you could hear the most wonderful stream of profanity I have ever imagined. I'd write it here, but someone has to think of the children.

Thud

Quickly after the thud a white object electric toothbrush shaped in nature came flying out of the pit. Isgrimnur got to it first and picked it up.

"EWT? Emergency Werewolf Test?"

"Wait... if it turns blue Unagi was a werewolf."

Chasoraven: "Is it blue?"

Igrimnur: "It takes a minute."

Msteelers: "I hear shaking it helps."

Theohall: "I just thought of the most warped comment ever for what you just said. It involves either a Bathroom, a Baby or internet porn, possibly all 3."

They all looked at Theohall wondering how one man can be that depraved and Theohall shrugged implying they were all thinking it and he alone had the cajones to say it. Igrimnur finally looked back down.

"Gah, it turned Pink, apparently Unagi was a human."

Unagi was Human

The villagers all looked sad and despondent as they missed yet again. They all headed off to their huts, writing up their wills and saying goodbye to their loved ones, mary lou palmer and her 5 sisters.

It is now night-time, as such the wolves will play and the seer shall scan.
Wolves: Who will you kill.
Seer: Who will you scan?
stessier

Post by stessier »

:binky:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:twisted:
:binky:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Those EWT's are notorious for not being accurate. I think we need to try again.

Ah hell... :x