Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

J.D.

Re: Random randomness

Post by J.D. »

Hit up the Toronto Festival of Beer on Friday night. Adult, responsible, father-of-two me hasn't had a binge drinking night in years. My now 33 year old body was all like "you thought you were hungover in college? Ahahaha you simpleton, THIS is a hangover."

Still worth it.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

coopasonic wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:Shit like this is why I started working 7-3 so I can be home by 4.
One time it took me 25 minutes to get home. It was rough. I think there was a concert at the soccer stadium. I am thinking about moving to avoid that in the future.
It would have to be snowing with extremely slippery roads for it to take me that long to get home....

Of course, when the weather is really bad, I just work from home instead. :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

TheMix wrote:
coopasonic wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:Shit like this is why I started working 7-3 so I can be home by 4.
One time it took me 25 minutes to get home. It was rough. I think there was a concert at the soccer stadium. I am thinking about moving to avoid that in the future.
It would have to be snowing with extremely slippery roads for it to take me that long to get home....

Of course, when the weather is really bad, I just work from home instead. :D
For the last 20 years of my career, my daily commute was a 25-minute walk, mostly through a park. :)
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Getting a lot of spam calls the last few days at work. Went ahead and created a fake voice mail box and have started directing these calls to that number. Next week, I'll play back the messages to see just how many of them actually believed me when I said the person's name was "Hooptie Schmegel".
He won. Period.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

It's days like today where I take some solace in the idea that someone out there somewhere is having a worse day than me, and that I can hope that it gets better for them.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Probably the sales guy calling hepcat. Not likely to get much better.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Zarathud

Random randomness

Post by Zarathud »

Returned from the Atlantic ocean yesterday with my two daughters who are now old enough to realize what it means to have sand EVERYWHERE. Much unhappiness and horror!

Thanks for making me laugh at them, KKBlue. Fortunately, mini-golf and ice cream still solves many grudges at their age....
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon

Post by Default »

Lost my pet rabbit today. :-(

Still, eight years is a pretty good run for a bunny.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Default wrote:Lost my pet rabbit today. :-(

Still, eight years is a pretty good run for a bunny.
Sorry to hear this. That is a good long run...

We have to take our 5-year-old Big Bunny in for a nail clipping today and when we pick him up to put him in his carrying cage he will prove how alive and KICKING he still is.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I'm so slow now that when I start a project now I always wonder if I'll be alive to finish it.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
stessier

Post by stessier »

I appear to have lost my wedding band. It's not in the place I always put it at night. This is not good.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

stessier wrote:I appear to have lost my wedding band. It's not in the place I always put it at night. This is not good.
Free pass! :wink:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

How did I live this long without a K.I.T.T. USB charger for my car? This might be one of the greatest things ever created.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
stessier

Post by stessier »

stessier wrote:I appear to have lost my wedding band. It's not in the place I always put it at night. This is not good.
Ring found - under Mickey Mouse ears. Now to find out who hid it...
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm guessing Minnie.
He won. Period.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Smoove_B wrote:How did I live this long without a K.I.T.T. USB charger for my car? This might be one of the greatest things ever created.
For about the first couple of minutes and then it would be as annoying as hell, especially if you had a kid in the front seat.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

This really appeals to me.
The Bios Urn is a fully biodegradable urn designed to convert you into a tree after life. Mainly composed by two parts, the urn contains a seed which will grow to remember your loved one. Bios Urn turns death into a transformation and a return to life through nature.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

In Gunland, we go a different way.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Mrs. Skinypupy texted me an adorable picture of Little B 6.4 starting 1st grade today...which I missed because I was on a plane coming back from DC this morning. This is after missing the Wonder Twins 2.1 birthday last month because I had to be in Denver and missing my anniversary because I was in Portland. Spent both my wife's and my own birthdays in hotel rooms last year, and it's looking like that will be the case again this year.

Sometimes (ok, most of the time) work travel sucks. :cry:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Is that a new type of traveling salesman problem?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Isgrimnur wrote:In Gunland, we go a different way.
My friend smiled and said “You know I’ve thought about this for some time and I want to be cremated. Then I want my ashes put into some turkey load shotgun shells and have someone that knows how to turkey hunt use the shotgun shells with my ashes to shoot a turkey. That way I will rest in peace knowing that the last thing that one turkey will see is me, screaming at him at about 900 feet per second.”
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Zarathud wrote:Returned from the Atlantic ocean yesterday with my two daughters who are now old enough to realize what it means to have sand EVERYWHERE. Much unhappiness and horror!

Thanks for making me laugh at them, KKBlue. Fortunately, mini-golf and ice cream still solves many grudges at their age....
I chuckled.

Post by Default »

Daehawk wrote:
My friend smiled and said “You know I’ve thought about this for some time and I want to be cremated. Then I want my ashes put into some turkey load shotgun shells and have someone that knows how to turkey hunt use the shotgun shells with my ashes to shoot a turkey. That way I will rest in peace knowing that the last thing that one turkey will see is me, screaming at him at about 900 feet per second.”
I want to be cremated and have my ashes dumped on Halle Berry by my worst enemy.

That way, I'm all over Halle Berry and he gets charged with assault.

Enlarge Image

Yum!
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Awesome! Now Grandpa can defend the homestead long after he dies.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

This is a neat story about a tall ship that was built by the Nazis and is now in active service for the U.S. Coast Guard.
Driving home along the coast of Connecticut one winter's evening, Tido Holtkamp saw a ghost.

There she was - moored in the harbour, her three towering masts, draped with those familiar sails he had rigged back in the German Navy in World War Two. Her body had been repainted in the red, white and blue of the US, but her curves were unmistakable.

"That's my ship!" shouted Holtkamp, stopping the car. "That's my ship. The Horst Wessel. What in the world is she doing here in America?"
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

xwraith

Post by xwraith »

What do you do with a vendor that sends you their private key when you ask for their public?
Me wrote:Uh, you sure you wanted to send me that? This is a mistake right? Something misnamed?
RandomVendor wrote:Its the only key we have
:shock:
I forgot to call it "a box of pure malevolent evil, a purveyor of
insidious insanity, an eldritch manifestation that would make Bill
Gates let out a low whistle of admiration," but it's all those, too.
-- David Gerard, Re: [Mediawiki-l] Wikitext grammar, 2010.08.06
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

AWS260 wrote:This is a neat story about a tall ship that was built by the Nazis and is now in active service for the U.S. Coast Guard.
Driving home along the coast of Connecticut one winter's evening, Tido Holtkamp saw a ghost.

There she was - moored in the harbour, her three towering masts, draped with those familiar sails he had rigged back in the German Navy in World War Two. Her body had been repainted in the red, white and blue of the US, but her curves were unmistakable.

"That's my ship!" shouted Holtkamp, stopping the car. "That's my ship. The Horst Wessel. What in the world is she doing here in America?"
Holtkamp immediately tried to take Warsaw with a 2012 Chevy Spark on which he had painted "Wehrmacht!" on the passenger door.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote:Holtkamp immediately tried to take Warsaw with a 2011 Volkswagen Fox on which he had painted "Rommels Rückkehr!" on the passenger door.
FTFY.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

What a wonderful story and ship.
Rip

Post by Rip »

So my daughter has showed me this guy, Lt Higgins. (a local "crimestoppers" cop) a few times. Talked about how a bunch of people want him to run for POTUS and stupid crap. I get the attraction but don't understand the fanboyism.

I assumed it was local thing and then I see this on foxnews.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/438077844900 ... show-clips
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Why do I push one on the phone to speak English and then get transferred to someone in India?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

Baby locked in car drama in our work parking lot today (we have a store and gym attached to our building, so not just for employees). It's over 90F outside today. Apparently she was putting her kids back in the car and the older kid (about 2 or 3 years old) hit the "lock" button on the car and locked herself and the baby in the car with the keys. Hysterical mother didn't want to run inside to ask for help because that would have meant leaving the car so she chased down and asked passing people for help. One called 911 and the cops and firefighters showed up and busted in her window to open the car. Sounds like everyone is ok.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

dbt1949 wrote:Why do I push one on the phone to speak English and then get transferred to someone in India?
In America why should I have to push a button for English? It should just be that way and other languages pus ha button.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Maybe if you press 2 for Spanish you will get someone in the US.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Fun fact: if you roll the dice for a random English speaker, odds are they won't be in the U.S., U.K., Canada, or Australia.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The sun never sets on the British Commonwealth or its former members.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote:
dbt1949 wrote:Why do I push one on the phone to speak English and then get transferred to someone in India?
In America why should I have to push a button for English? It should just be that way and other languages pus ha button.
Because if they did it that way, you'd have to sit through a menu of every other language they offer, then wait for the timeout, and then get connected. Pushing one is much faster.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I wonder if people in India call customer service and get someone in the US? Do they curse under their breath when thy do too?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

dbt1949 wrote:I wonder if people in India call customer service and get someone in the US? Do they curse under their breath when thy do too?
Yep. They get some guy with a Brooklyn accent who calls himself 'Reyansh.'
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)