Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Pyperkub

Re: Random randomness

Post by Pyperkub »

OK which of us is the sportswriter Pablo Torre?

Watching Around the Horn on ESPN, and Pablo Torre just mentioned our future Octopus Overlords in showdown!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Pyperkub wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:50 pm OK which of us is the sportswriter Pablo Torre?

Watching Around the Horn on ESPN, and Pablo Torre just mentioned our future Octopus Overlords in showdown!
Kraken hates sports so he is a likely candidate.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Jaymann wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:31 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:50 pm OK which of us is the sportswriter Pablo Torre?

Kraken hates sports so he is a likely candidate.
Yeah, but now he has a sports team named after him!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Ha, I hadn't heard about that. What sport do they play?
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Major League Soccer, if I remember right.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Pyperkub wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:43 pm Yeah, but now he has a sports team named after him!
Who, the Indianapolis Ironrods?

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:08 pm Image
I heard a joke today that the map of the U.S. looks like someone was given the outline and told to put in 50 states. They drew it from left to right thinking: I have plenty of room...
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

ME and NH will be glad that MA's in the rust belt now, but Boston isn't going to like being Indianapolis.
stessier

Post by stessier »

gbasden wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:32 pm Major League Soccer, if I remember right.
Can't tell if this is a joke or not, but the Kraken are in the NHL (hockey).
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

stessier wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:20 am
gbasden wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:32 pm Major League Soccer, if I remember right.
Can't tell if this is a joke or not, but the Kraken are in the NHL (hockey).
Oops. Shows how much I know about sports. :)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:05 am I heard a joke today that the map of the U.S. looks like someone was given the outline and told to put in 50 states. They drew it from left to right thinking: I have plenty of room...
In reality it was more like dividing up a big pot of food. You start by giving everyone just enough, then realize you have too much. As people come in later, you heap more and more on each plate because you don't want leftovers. And then some people come in and frighten off the skinny kid, take his plate, and add it to their own.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Man Im going to have to stop taking medication. My primary care doc is a walk in clinic that doubles as a primary care. If you go in they call in all your meds to your pharmacy. Then 3 months later they will call them in again. But after 6 months you have to go back in for a visit because they want to see you before refills are called in. If you're lucky you can get a 1 month supply called in after 6 months without a visit. But they are strict.

Well its my time and my meds run out this month. But they are SO crowded. If they have 2 people in there other than you it takes 30 - 40 minutes just to go back and get the actual visit done. They are horribly slow. Tuesday I went around 2pm and there was a packed lot of about 8 cars. I didn't even stop. Today I figure Ill get there at opening at 8am. Couldn't be many in front of me if any. Got up at 6:30 and got ready and woken up. Got there at 7:59.....same amount of cars and they were already open. I got inside to see like 12 sick people packed in the tiny waiting room. I asked how long because hell I was there. Was planning to wait in my car. She said 1 hour. I laughed and left. Im guessing 2 hours min.

I refuse to sit in a waiting room with sick people so I can die of Covid just to get blood work and medicine refills. Not to mention having to spend so much time waiting. Hard to believe in Covid a doctor office will pack you in and make you wait with sick maybe Covid even people.

I refuse. And since I have tried right at opening Im not bothering again. If Im in town and pass by Ill look to see the crowd. If its tiny Ill stop. Otherwise Im quitting my blood pressure, muscle relaxers, thyroid and cholesterol meds. Screw it. Didn't even know I needed them before.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Kraken wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:22 pm Ha, I hadn't heard about that. What sport do they play?
Hockey actually!

Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:23 am Man Im going to have to stop taking medication. My primary care doc is a walk in clinic that doubles as a primary care. If you go in they call in all your meds to your pharmacy. Then 3 months later they will call them in again. But after 6 months you have to go back in for a visit because they want to see you before refills are called in. If you're lucky you can get a 1 month supply called in after 6 months without a visit. But they are strict.

Well its my time and my meds run out this month. But they are SO crowded. If they have 2 people in there other than you it takes 30 - 40 minutes just to go back and get the actual visit done. They are horribly slow. Tuesday I went around 2pm and there was a packed lot of about 8 cars. I didn't even stop. Today I figure Ill get there at opening at 8am. Couldn't be many in front of me if any. Got up at 6:30 and got ready and woken up. Got there at 7:59.....same amount of cars and they were already open. I got inside to see like 12 sick people packed in the tiny waiting room. I asked how long because hell I was there. Was planning to wait in my car. She said 1 hour. I laughed and left. Im guessing 2 hours min.

I refuse to sit in a waiting room with sick people so I can die of Covid just to get blood work and medicine refills. Not to mention having to spend so much time waiting. Hard to believe in Covid a doctor office will pack you in and make you wait with sick maybe Covid even people.

I refuse. And since I have tried right at opening Im not bothering again. If Im in town and pass by Ill look to see the crowd. If its tiny Ill stop. Otherwise Im quitting my blood pressure, muscle relaxers, thyroid and cholesterol meds. Screw it. Didn't even know I needed them before.
Have you considered switching to a different primary care physician? If you're concerned about the risks of infection in the overcrowded waiting room of a walk-in clinic, have you looked into switching to a doctor who provides telehealth, i.e. a doctor that can provide care for you without an in-person office visit? Granted, negotiating the necessary red-tapery to switch doctors can be a pain in the arse, but it's a whole lot more sensible than relinquishing necessary medication.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
telcta

Post by telcta »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:55 pm
telcta wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:43 pm New building going up quickly... looks very small, maybe only drive-thru service. Anybody recognize the color or shape of something possibly from a franchise? Donuts? Burgers? I was thinking Sonic but there's one about a half mile down the road.

Enlarge Image

Going to walk past it this afternoon, see if there's any progress or clues to what it could be.
Do you have an east coast version of Rally's/Checker's. It looks just like like dining room less on of those, only with the a point front. Rally's/Checker's are flat. It could also be someone very local just doing their thing in the same way Rally's/Checker's does.
I’ve been away for a couple weeks, took a walk to see the progress and nothing much has changed.

I can confirm:
- it’s a franchise, founded in Maine 21 years ago
- locations in New Hampshire and Maine (2 in Florida and 2 in western PA)… this will be the first one in Connecticut

I have another picture I’ll upload when I get home.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

:pop:
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Pablo Torre's House of Tacos?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
telcta

Post by telcta »

Weeks later and no real change...
Enlarge Image

Hint...
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image

The new place is...
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Never heard of it, doesn't seem anything special but I look forward to something new.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Never heard of it. Is that you in the pic? You match the building! :)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well I didn't see this one coming.....

Jason Momoa and Lisa Bonet announce split
"We have all felt the squeeze and changes of these transformational times... A revolution is unfolding ~and our family is of no exception... feeling and growing from the seismic shifts occurring," the statement read. "And so~ We share our Family news~That we are parting ways in marriage."

In their statement, the couple wrote that they shared the update on their relationship "not because we think it's newsworthy ~ But so that~ as we go about our lives we may do so with dignity and honesty."
"The love between us carries on, evolving in ways it wishes to be known and lived. We free each other ~to be who we are learning to become...," the statement continued. "Our devotion unwavering to this sacred life& our Children. Teaching our Children What's possible ~Living the Prayer May Love Prevail."
telcta

Post by telcta »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:40 pm Never heard of it. Is that you in the pic? You match the building! :)
I would've sprained multiple parts of my body attempting that move.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:03 pm
Daehawk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:23 am Man Im going to have to stop taking medication. My primary care doc is a walk in clinic that doubles as a primary care. If you go in they call in all your meds to your pharmacy. Then 3 months later they will call them in again. But after 6 months you have to go back in for a visit because they want to see you before refills are called in. If you're lucky you can get a 1 month supply called in after 6 months without a visit. But they are strict.

Have you considered switching to a different primary care physician? If you're concerned about the risks of infection in the overcrowded waiting room of a walk-in clinic, have you looked into switching to a doctor who provides telehealth, i.e. a doctor that can provide care for you without an in-person office visit? Granted, negotiating the necessary red-tapery to switch doctors can be a pain in the arse, but it's a whole lot more sensible than relinquishing necessary medication.
Or even just a PCP who takes appointments.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Appointments dont help. The guy in front of me was saying how they dont do anything you still have to wait with the others who beat ya there. Ive had an appointment too. Told them I did...have a seat they say..sit and wait even if its time ..gotta do first come first serve stuff.

I dont want the trouble and hassle of finding a new place as Im grandfathered in here and they eat my co pay to keep me. Ill watch one days I pass by to see if I can squeeze in. When my refills come up next month Im leaving them a nice msg on their voice mail.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Thank god - our national crisis is over:
The Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday said it is deregulating French dressing for the first time in seven decades.

The federal agency said it revoked the so-called standard of identity for the dressing in response to a petition from the Association for Dressings and Sauces.
Jenny Meyer is thrilled!
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:29 pm
Appointments dont help. The guy in front of me was saying how they dont do anything you still have to wait with the others who beat ya there. Ive had an appointment too. Told them I did...have a seat they say..sit and wait even if its time ..gotta do first come first serve stuff.

I dont want the trouble and hassle of finding a new place as Im grandfathered in here and they eat my co pay to keep me. Ill watch one days I pass by to see if I can squeeze in. When my refills come up next month Im leaving them a nice msg on their voice mail.
Nothing changes until you change. If you want different, start doing different.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:46 pmAssociation for Dressings and Sauces.
I can't anymore.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I, for one, salute the protectors of America's precious sauces, and hope they're watching Russian dressing very carefully.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:46 pm Thank god - our national crisis is over:
The Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday said it is deregulating French dressing for the first time in seven decades.

The federal agency said it revoked the so-called standard of identity for the dressing in response to a petition from the Association for Dressings and Sauces.
Jenny Meyer is thrilled!
I'm glad they tossed that regulation... and I bet there are many others they could deregulate... this is probably just the tip of the iceberg.
Perhaps they could take a stab at Ceasar next?
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

23 of the 1000 islands are not up to standards.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Kraken wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:09 am I, for one, salute the protectors of America's precious sauces, and hope they're watching Russian dressing very carefully.
That one probably should be regulated in some way considering it's a completely different dressing in my country. (Or maybe it's a Kraft thing? I dunno. My Russian is like a very dark, sweet catalina.)

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:46 pm Thank god - our national crisis is over:

Jenny Meyer is thrilled!
Wait a minute... Is this going to turn into a Freedom Dressing thing?
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I cant believe Daryl Hannah married Neil Young.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:29 pm

That's because the office takes all walk-ins. Find a PCP that doesn't do walk-ins and you'll find a PCP that honors appointments.

Waiving copays on a routine basis is illegal and doesn't inspire a ton of confidence. If you're on Medicare or some other government paid/subsidized plan it's a big deal.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its not like that. Me and my wife have been going there at least 8 years or more. They take Medicare. But when my wife died I got QMB added to my Medicare. That means I have ZERO copay. A place cannot charge me.

But they dont accept QMB and were going to drop me. I begged to stay and they kept me and eat the copay costs...they lose the money...but Im grandfathered in so I can still go. New people cant sign up though. So everytime I visit they lose some money. They aren't cheating the system or me.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

With doctors' offices chronically understaffed due to COVID, plus huge numbers of sick and worried, even appointment-only doctors have lines now. Get an appointment at 11, get there at 10:45, get seen at noon.

It is the way of things.

We are going to have to start getting used to less convenience.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

FWIW, I had to take a kid to Urgent Care without an appointment yesterday in the late morning (he's fine). We waited about 15 minutes (much of which was filling out forms), and then were taken back and seen promptly. Yes, it's Chicago so we have more places like this available, but we also have a high population density using those places.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Hipolito wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:38 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:46 pmAssociation for Dressings and Sauces.
I can't anymore.
:lol:
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Today Im watching reaction videos of you people in their 20s and of vocal coaches watching The Bee Gees. In particular Too Much Heaven. Its so fun. And its nice new generations are finding them and appreciating good real music. Long before auto tune.

But even me who was always a Bee Gees fan its striking hearing them now and realizing just how F'n amazing they were and unique.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:03 pm Its not like that. Me and my wife have been going there at least 8 years or more. They take Medicare. But when my wife died I got QMB added to my Medicare. That means I have ZERO copay. A place cannot charge me.

But they dont accept QMB and were going to drop me. I begged to stay and they kept me and eat the copay costs...they lose the money...but Im grandfathered in so I can still go. New people cant sign up though. So everytime I visit they lose some money. They aren't cheating the system or me.
Medicare doesn't see it that way. It runs afoul of anti-kickback laws.

But that's neither here nor there for your issue which is inability to see your doctor because of wait times. That's really not a good situation.

MYT