WW - OO JL : Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: WW - OO JL : Game Over

Post by Newcastle »

the other thing stessier was this....

if truicy was a bad guy...there was only 1 way he would be that quiet that long throughout the game...and that was if he was the joker.

a bad guys would at least participate some. joke, be in the mix to a degree. And not go that quiet.

That also worked against you. Once Austin went boom, i could cross off that possibility from my list...even though i had thought that austin was the most likely joker...there were those two cross currents coming at each other...the faker seer...and the really quiet person....no way the bad guys would let two people that conspicious be out there floating around.

Anyway, some of my thinking why i went with you. And was a fun read through the bad guy forums. Still tryin to get into the twins forums, but heard it has a paltry 7 pages...pfft.:D
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

So close. But further than I thought we'd make it.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lassr wrote:So close. But further than I thought we'd make it.
Agreed. Nice job!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Great game everyone. Sorry about that shooting thing, hanging Grund thing and everything.... :mrgreen:
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

meh, for a while when I was basically going to die to the obviously wolfish Austin.... You seemed to be the only other voice of reason imho :)
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Semaj wrote:meh, for a while when I was basically going to die to the obviously wolfish Austin.... You seemed to be the only other voice of reason imho :)
Except for the guy who named two of the three baddies on Monday.... ;)
Austin

Post by Austin »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Semaj wrote:meh, for a while when I was basically going to die to the obviously wolfish Austin.... You seemed to be the only other voice of reason imho :)
Yeah but that guy names just about everybody and points, very selectively, back at the end of the game to the bad guys. :twisted:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Austin wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Yeah but that guy names just about everybody and points, very selectively, back at the end of the game to the bad guys. :twisted:
yeah and also manages to get an innocent run up a flag pole and shot

geez
Bayraktar!!!!

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Austin wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Except for the guy who named two of the three baddies on Monday.... ;)
Yeah but that guy names just about everybody
Untrue. Last time you dragged out this fib, I documented my accusations and showed how few were the objects of my suspicion.
and points, very selectively, back at the end of the game to the bad guys. :twisted:
But if, for your own psychological comfort, you need to believe that I accuse indiscriminately and then revisit the good calls later, that's ok. Whatever keeps you stable. ;)
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Newcastle wrote:yeah and also manages to get an innocent run up a flag pole and shot
That's true, though. It's an extremely useful and informative thing to do. :mrgreen:
Austin

Post by Austin »

Grundbegriff wrote: indiscriminately
that's like really, extra discriminately right?
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

You do know Chaosraven outted me at the very beginning of the game as a aquaman and I refused to use it to help out.

I figure thats why Austin claimed me as harley before killing batman. I always wondered why they didn't kill him instead of GL... I know you guys were worried about the joker-bomb loss, but it was obvious everyone had their hearts set on killing me and all you had to do was watch.

So... what did I do wrong other than get phenomenally irritated at the mass outtings until i realized if Austin was faking WW we had a game? :)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Semaj wrote:So... what did I do wrong other than get phenomenally irritated at the mass outtings until i realized if Austin was faking WW we had a game? :)
For my part I do not think anything really. I went back and forth on you. When we lynched you it gave us a chance to "test" Austin and even though I felt pretty certain he would fail that test you were part of the group that was going to need to be lynched simply by being unknown anyway so why not do it. Lynch you that day and get results or lynch you days later when we have to wonder if Austin would have given up one of his partners or not, I prefered the lynch with results on you. Shrug.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

Semaj wrote:You do know Chaosraven outted me at the very beginning of the game as a aquaman and I refused to use it to help out.
Where was that?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Semaj

Re: WW - OO Justice League : Sunday Night

Post by Semaj »

Chaosraven wrote:All orders are in.

MEANWHILE BACK AT JUSTICE LEAGUE HEADQUARTERS...

Kelric has been removed... he actually *WAS* Aquaman and got very upset by the joke being played on the Normals.
me and Kelric had switched places... as such him outing Kelric as Aquaman in theory meant he was outing me.. Of course considering how paranoid people get, I dunno how well it would have held up, but I didn't feel the need to use it, I dislike unfair advantages.
Remus West

Re: WW - OO Justice League : Sunday Night

Post by Remus West »

Semaj wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:All orders are in.

MEANWHILE BACK AT JUSTICE LEAGUE HEADQUARTERS...

Kelric has been removed... he actually *WAS* Aquaman and got very upset by the joke being played on the Normals.
me and Kelric had switched places... as such him outing Kelric as Aquaman in theory meant he was outing me.. Of course considering how paranoid people get, I dunno how well it would have held up, but I didn't feel the need to use it, I dislike unfair advantages.
That does not clear you at all. That was CR making a joke about Kelric not appreciating all of the unpowered folks being called aquaman because he is aquaman in RL not game. :?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Kelric is aquaman?

whatthehell?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Semaj wrote:Kelric is aquaman?

whatthehell?
That was the joke. Kelric = aquaman = offended by the "unpowered normals" being given the "role" of aquaman and thus quite the game.

I did not say it was a good joke, just a joke. Had nothing to do with either you or the role you were given.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

*just reread the whole thing*

Holy Crap, forgot the thank Chaos...

Thanks Chaos...

P.S. I seem a lot smarter in hindsight up until the end there :)
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Post by Sean, Minister of KtSP »

Oh yeah. Thanks, Bro. Fun fun game.
"Sweet dreams, Mr. Stiffly."
"I have told you, my name is not... ... ...Sweet dreams, Monster-san."
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West wrote:

whatthehell?
That was the joke. Kelric = aquaman = offended by the "unpowered normals" being given the "role" of aquaman and thus quite the game.

I did not say it was a good joke, just a joke. Had nothing to do with either you or the role you were given.
Wow that's funny, I didn't even think of what Role you (and previously *he*) were...
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Chaosraven wrote:
Remus West wrote:

whatthehell?

Wow that's funny, I didn't even think of what Role you (and previously *he*) were...
There he goes again trying to Remuscide even after the game is over.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Funny from Chaosraven's POV:

Remus suggests all Heroes out themselves
Remus says Superman will come out first (he is Superman)
triggercut explains how Green Arrow will either kill a Fake Aquaman Bad Guy or Prove a Real Aquaman (he is Green Arrow)
Mr Bubbles queries how Green Lantern could prove himself (he is Green Lantern)
Remus pushes the Mass Outing idea back. This was funny because HE was the Hero scanned by Wonder Woman
Sectoid sez: It could be that WW (WonderWoman, not WereWolf) found a special, even possibly Superman. (he IS Wonder Woman, and he's responding to Superman)

So in the discussions, Superman discusses himself, Green Arrow discusses himself, Green Lantern discusses himself, Wonder Woman discusses (him)self.

Only Martian Manhunter and Batman keep quiet.
Well not quite... Martian Manhunter outs Superman and himself the next day while Batman stays quiet for the rest of the Game.

And the twins seemed to be very very very careful to avoid talking to each other the first day (just my impression)

Honorable Mention -
Kraegor mentions the Twins (he is One)
Though he included Wonder Woman in the statement too.

----------------------------------------

Meanwhile behind the scenes, Austin wants Sectoid killed because he's paranoid that Sectoid is WW and scanned him.
Then later, when the discussion comes up in game, everyone is sure the Bad Guys scanned Sectoid before they killed him.
Lassr preps to fake Wonder Woman with his Lex Scan of tru1cy
But Austin steps forward as WW to get himself Lynched.

Yes, the game was unbalanced in the case of Mass Outing (though you may note it came down to a coin flip so all of you need to acknowledge what Bad Ass Bad Guys stessier, Austin, and Lassr are)

Poor stessier... his first outing as a Bad Guy and he's sitting in the ring with RevH (Dad in Hospital) and tru1cy (in Surgery) as his hiding spots...

-----------------------------------------

And now to relax and actually get to PLAY again.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:
Remus West wrote:

whatthehell?

There he goes again trying to Remuscide even after the game is over.
I think that CR was responding to Semaj and not me. The quoted post had nothing to do with my role so his mentioning "what Role you (and previously *he*) were..." suggests he is talking to Semaj.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Chaosraven wrote:
so all of you need to acknowledge what Bad Ass Bad Guys stessier, Austin, and Lassr are

and I was unable to get Harley Quinn away from the Joker long enough to sire any bad ass evil genius offspring. :x
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

might I add also CR that several "good guys" were doing there best to look evil as well. I think some buffonery on the good guys part played a role. Sort of like inspector clouseau.
Bayraktar!!!!

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Newcastle wrote:might I add also CR that several "good guys" were doing there best to look evil as well. I think some buffonery on the good guys part played a role. Sort of like inspector clouseau.
I leave it to the Winning Team to decide for themselves what contributed to the near loss with the unbalanced ruleset :twisted:
"Where are you off to?"

RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Thanks Chaos for the game. I had fun. So I am glad to see my play worked, more or less. I did have you baddies thinking I was Bats. Well good game everyone. I will be back tomarrow night late form my vacation. See ya then.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:
Newcastle wrote:might I add also CR that several "good guys" were doing there best to look evil as well. I think some buffonery on the good guys part played a role. Sort of like inspector clouseau.
I leave it to the Winning Team to decide for themselves what contributed to the near loss with the unbalanced ruleset :twisted:
It was only unbalanced for the first day before any kills were made. After that it was balanced out. Had Sectoid scanned an aquaman then the game would have been a lock day 1. Sectoid having scanned me left it open.
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

Remus West wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:
It was only unbalanced for the first day before any kills were made. After that it was balanced out. Had Sectoid scanned an aquaman then the game would have been a lock day 1. Sectoid having scanned me left it open.
Woah, woah woah...TIME OUT.
Had Superman picked up the clue I so obviously left for him, this game would have been a lock day 1. If you want to blame me for ANYTHING, try blaming me for naming a the bad guys right on DAY 1. Which is the only reason I was offed early. The LOD was so certain I was WW due to my naming 2 of them off the bat that they killed me. You didn't even use your ability for Christ-sake. If you were so keen on any sort of mass outing, you would have said "I'm Superman" on day 1 and not let Grund go to the gallows.
In fact, if you re-read my posts you'll see that I was afraid that my post that Chaos quoted about WW finding Superman was too obvious so I tried to say I didn't entirely trust you even after MM outed you. When Grund said that he saw that WW outed Superman day 1, I was paranoid.
(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Sectoid wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:
Had Superman picked up the clue I so obviously left for him, this game would have been a lock day 1. If you want to blame me for ANYTHING, try blaming me for naming a the bad guys right on DAY 1. Which is the only reason I was offed early. The LOD was so certain I was WW due to my naming 2 of them off the bat that they killed me. You didn't even use your ability for Christ-sake. If you were so keen on any sort of mass outing, you would have said "I'm Superman" on day 1 and not let Grund go to the gallows.
In fact, if you re-read my posts you'll see that I was afraid that my post that Chaos quoted about WW finding Superman was too obvious so I tried to say I didn't entirely trust you even after MM outed you. When Grund said that he saw that WW outed Superman day 1, I was paranoid.
I am not blaming you for anything. You could not have known I was Superman before you scanned me so how can I blame you for scanning me? All I am saying is that had you scanned an Aquaman rather than ANY Special we had a lock. As for it being a lock day 1 had I picked up your clue, all using my power would have done was leave one more person in the pile that we could not be sure of (Grund).
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

The above still sounds like blame to me. What I am saying is that WW fell victem to the random chance that I happened to be special. Had I not been Superman, but rather been an Aquaman, that would have given us the numbers we needed.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Sectoid wrote:
Had Superman picked up the clue I so obviously left for him, this game would have been a lock day 1.
heh, that's the point. Remus stated a fact. He was not blaming, accusing or in any way disparaging "you" specifically.

a game that is over on day 1 = unbalanced. you just supported what Remus said from a different angle.
in other words.... it's not a "game" if there is nothing to do but check names off a list....
. After that it was balanced out.
somewhat. I wouldn't say it was fairly balanced at any point... The boat was still heavily tilted towards the good guys. There simply happened to be some chances for victory (for the baddies) that did not exist prior to that. All of it required a tightrope walk. a couple mistakes and that's it, game over for the bad guys.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Kraegor wrote: I wouldn't say it was fairly balanced at any point... The boat was still heavily tilted towards the good guys. There simply happened to be some chances for victory (for the baddies) that did not exist prior to that. All of it required a tightrope walk. a couple mistakes and that's it, game over for the bad guys.
Heh. Had I bombed Tru1cy rather than Semaj stess might have pulled it off. I admit that I went slightly random with that one. Just wanted to take one more aquaman with me. I was traveling and not giving full attention to the game by any stretch. Good trip though. :P
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Austin wrote:
Kraegor wrote: I wouldn't say it was fairly balanced at any point... The boat was still heavily tilted towards the good guys. There simply happened to be some chances for victory (for the baddies) that did not exist prior to that. All of it required a tightrope walk. a couple mistakes and that's it, game over for the bad guys.
Heh. Had I bombed Tru1cy rather than Semaj stess might have pulled it off. I admit that I went slightly random with that one. Just wanted to take one more aquaman with me. I was traveling and not giving full attention to the game by any stretch. Good trip though. :P
Had you killed batman instead of green lantern, you mighta been able to work around a lot of it. I know why they went in the order they did,... but I think you had a better shot with no proof of your wrongdoing.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Austin wrote:
:?:

You "bombed" me not Semaj. You had already told us tru1cy was aquaman the day before so recanting yourself would have been a bit much....
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Remus West wrote:
Austin wrote:
:?:

You "bombed" me not Semaj. You had already told us tru1cy was aquaman the day before so recanting yourself would have been a bit much....

What would have been a phenominal play on Austins part... in hindsight... is if he had instead claimed Remus was the bad guy.

Everyone would have sprinted to kill remus, since he's really easy to test and if austin is wrong you don't lose anyone.
But it would have given one more unknown to fight through the next day and possibly tilted the balance in your guys favor.

#edited for retarded grammar issues.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Are you nuts?

If Austin claims Remus = Evil ... that would have really hurt the LoD.
We would test Remus and he would have been a 'no lynch' (Instead of the loss of one of our numbers, which lossing you was).
We would have still discovered Austin was Evil. Not sure why you think that would have been a good play.

Now, on the other hand, as Austin said:
If Austin had claimed that 'RevHemp' was his Evil-Scan (I think Austin was just mistaken to say 'boomed tru1cy')... RevHemp would have been our 'test', and that would have left you (Semaj) alive at the end with Stessier and Tru1cy... Given the choice of Tru1cy, Semaj , Stessier... Stessier may very well have won it.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

I know what he is saying...

My argument was:
We had... hrm

Known:
2. Remus West
3. Kraegor
4. Newcastle
7. JimDave
8. triggercut
13. Sean, Minister of KtSP
14. Unagi

Not so known
5. Lassr
9. Austin
11. stessier
12. tru1cy
16. RevHempus71
17. semaj

Dead:
1. Mr Bubbles
6. Grundbegriff
10. sectoid
15. Scoop20906

Austin was claiming to be a known, as in, WW, now had he said Remus is lynchable and we had lynched him, the not so known pile would have stayed the same, Austin would be the next days lynching, killing someone and they'd have had 2 night kills.

Known:
7. JimDave
8. triggercut
13. Sean, Minister of KtSP
14. Unagi

Not so known:
5. Lassr
11. stessier
12. tru1cy
16. RevHempus71
17. semaj

Dead:
1. Mr Bubbles
2. Remus West
3. Kraegor
4. Newcastle
6. Grundbegriff
9. Austin
10. sectoid
15. Scoop20906

Or a situation where there are more unknown than known.

See where I am headed with this?
Austin

Post by Austin »

Yeah sorry Remus, I meant called out Tru1cy or Rev as a baddie. Oh yeah and I definitely asked CR if my bomb would kill superman before sending that order in. :D