Name the Game from the Screenshot, Part 4

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

AWS260

Re: Name the Game from the Screenshot, Part 4

Post by AWS260 »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:10 pm That just reminded me of another game, so I'll give this a shot as well. Curious how many / who will recognize this:

Enlarge Image

I thought it was The Fool's Journey, but then I googled and that's not (quite) right. (But not too far off!)
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

My other guess was that it had "Fool" in the title. I think there were several games. I don't even recall which one I played. I do know it was the one that taught me that "facetiously" is the only word in the English language to have all the vowels (including 'y') in order. I never actually confirmed that, however.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:10 pm That just reminded me of another game, so I'll give this a shot as well. Curious how many / who will recognize this:

Enlarge Image
I enjoyed that game immensely back in the day. Here's a clue in the spirit of said game (and TheMix is very much on the right track):
Spoiler:
Job of the Dunderhead
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Spoiler:
"Fool's Errand"?

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

TheMix wrote:
Spoiler:
"Fool's Errand"?
Correct!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Black Lives Matter.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Because I was just talking with someone about this game today...

Black Lives Matter

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Generic Lobby Simulator? :p

If anyone gets that one without clues I’m going to be impressed.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Like the Fool one, if you've played it, it might stand out.

Black Lives Matter

Anonymous Bosch

TheMix wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:05 pm Because I was just talking with someone about this game today...

:think: Starship Titanic?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Candy bar for the winner! Nicely done. No hints even.

Black Lives Matter

Anonymous Bosch

TheMix wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:56 pm Candy bar for the winner! Nicely done. No hints even.
Huzzah! I had dust off some mental cobwebs for that one. Because I dunno if I got around to completing it back in the day, but I do remember playing it.

OK, here's one that ought to be fairly easy:

AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

King's Bounty?
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

That was the guess I was trying to remember! I was wondering. I had the first one. But for some reason I bounced off it. It should have been right in my wheelhouse. I didn't play enough to know if you are right, but the screenshot made me think of the same game.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I had the series in a heartbeat, but have no idea which iteration it is.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Anonymous Bosch

AWS260 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:15 pm King's Bounty?
Correct! Technically, it's the first one, King's Bounty: The Legend.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:37 pm Technically, it's the first one
In response to this comment, I will put forward the next screenshot to guess.

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Wow. That's gotta be pretty old. :D

Other than guessing it's a RPG of some kind where you can play a sorceress, barbarian, fighter, or paladin(?), I have no idea.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Way before my time.
Anonymous Bosch

AWS260 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:23 pm
Anonymous Bosch wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:37 pm Technically, it's the first one
In response to this comment, I will put forward the next screenshot to guess.
Enlarge Image
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

That's King's Bounty, I believe. Never actually played it.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Kasey Chang wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:16 pm That's King's Bounty, I believe. Never actually played it.
Correct!
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I’m struggling to understand how I have never even heard of this game, considering:

1. Fantasy/RPG genre
2. New FREAKING World Computing?!

Possibilities:
I knew about it, but have completely, 100% erased it from memory (I even looked up screen shots…nada)

The release date (1991) was a VERY busy year for me, socially. Senior in high school, serious(ish) girlfriend, multiple bands, art, tennis, little part time work, etc. I guess there could have been a ‘gaming blackout’ from maybe ‘89-‘91 bc I was so damn busy with meatspace stuff.

I’m surprised bc I was one of those so into games that I would pretty much know about every game before it was released. Had read about it in one or more of the 2-3 gaming mags I subscribed to, seen screen shots, etc. Probably what drew me to GG in the first place.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

I actually played King's Bounty on the SEGA Genesis. It was one of my favorite games, but I had no real sense of strategy. It did NOT hand hold (few New World Computing Games did).
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

On a related note. How about this one?

D.A.Lewis

Post by D.A.Lewis »

Lazarus, Arise

Anvil of Dawn.

I remember this game because it was the first game I took on the role of a female avatar. I was a Pioneer.
AKA: Dajjer
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

It's ALIVE!!!

I dusted this one off from 2008 to play this week. It's still being modded. When this screen popped up I had to laugh. Connecticut is currently ramping up it's weed industry...

Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Civ... 4?
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:41 amCiv... 4?
No... and yes :roll:
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Dave Allen wrote:
The remake of Colonization that used the Civ 4 engine?
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

baelthazar wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:17 pm
Dave Allen wrote:
The remake of Colonization that used the Civ 4 engine?
You are on the money, baelthazar!
With loads of colonial-era events and flavor, Civ 4: Colonization beautifully captures the tension between exploring, planning specialized cities based on their resources, training colonists in a multitude of trades and careers, creating a domestic and foreign trade network, and juggling all sorts of diplomatic relationships - while always moving toward an economic and military confrontation with the old-world sovereign.
No tech trees!
It is a must-play with the WE THE PEOPLE mod, which has added a huge amount of content and refinement over many years.

Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Dave readies the AED "3... 2... 1... clear!"

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Dave Allen wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:08 amWith loads of colonial-era events and flavor, Civ 4: Colonization beautifully captures the tension between exploring, planning specialized cities based on their resources, training colonists in a multitude of trades and careers, creating a domestic and foreign trade network, and juggling all sorts of diplomatic relationships - while always moving toward an economic and military confrontation with the old-world sovereign.
No tech trees!
It is a must-play with the WE THE PEOPLE mod, which has added a huge amount of content and refinement over many years.
Wow, how did I miss this? Sold!
DarkOverLord

Post by DarkOverLord »

Try guys :) Image