WoW gathering bug

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

bluefugue

WoW gathering bug

Post by bluefugue »

Anyone heard of this one? Happening with 2 of my characters, a human namge w/herbalism-alchemy and a tauren warrior with mining/blacksmithing. When I go to gather, sometimes the character gets "stuck" in the kneeling pose and the gathering stops working. Then when I move him around he sort of glides across the screen -- no walking animation.

Very annoying, wondering if anyone has heard of it before. I guess I should report it to blizzard but their in-game "help/report bug" function doesn't seem to have an option to, er, report bugs so I suppose I need to go to the message boards to do it.

Can you change major professions once you've selected one? I'd rather not start a whole new character, very annoying.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Yes it happens. I found I had to re-login and avoid that same node again for a while. (took 3 tries as I am slow) Anyway, hit the "K" key iirc and it brings up a list of skills. click the profession and unlearn it.
Kadoth Nodens

Post by Kadoth Nodens »

Yeah, this has happened to me with mining. It's similar to "loot lag". A quick log out/log back in always seems to fix the "gliding" effect.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Jumping kills the gliding effect, but you are still bugged as you will find out when you try to loot a corpse.
Jag

Post by Jag »

I've also seen the 'rez bug' where your body isn't on the minimap. I spent 15 wispy minutes frantically searching the coastline for my body when a guildmate told me to logoff/logon which worked.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Jag wrote:I've also seen the 'rez bug' where your body isn't on the minimap. I spent 15 wispy minutes frantically searching the coastline for my body when a guildmate told me to logoff/logon which worked.

Dammit. I had that the other night, and in desperation used the spirit healer. :x

There's a bugged coppor resource right outside IronForge. It only took about 3 tries before I realized it was broken. :oops:
ericb

Post by ericb »

You can also fix this (if a different node is close) by mining/gathering from another node. I've had this happen frequently...usually at least 1-2 nodes per zone. It can also happen anything you have to gather an item...like the quest to get certain herbs for a cure or collecting pine cones, etc.

One of the best things you can do is to add the map notes addon mod and mark the bad nodes on your map so you don't hit them again in the future.
Hrnac

Post by Hrnac »

Exodor wrote:
Jag wrote:I've also seen the 'rez bug' where your body isn't on the minimap. I spent 15 wispy minutes frantically searching the coastline for my body when a guildmate told me to logoff/logon which worked.

Dammit. I had that the other night, and in desperation used the spirit healer. :x

There's a bugged coppor resource right outside IronForge. It only took about 3 tries before I realized it was broken. :oops:
Ugh. I did the same thing myself the other night. Darn spirit healer rez cost me almost 15 silver to get my equipment repaired. :( My char was sporting a very red set of equipment after I rezed.

-Hrnac
Never do today what can be done tomorrow.
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

You can change professions, but be warned, you will lose ALL your skills in your former profession. You can't get them back.

Generally when I encounter loot lag I just go to the bathroom or watch some TV. If my guy doesn't get up, then I'll log. I try to avoid as much contact with that login server as I can.

http://www.inven.co.kr/bbs/data/wow_fre ... 71/wow.gif
Those crazy Koreans!
Hrnac

Post by Hrnac »

SuperHiro wrote: http://www.inven.co.kr/bbs/data/wow_fre ... 71/wow.gif
Those crazy Koreans!
That is hilarious.

-Hrnac
Never do today what can be done tomorrow.
bluefugue

Post by bluefugue »

Austin wrote:Jumping kills the gliding effect, but you are still bugged as you will find out when you try to loot a corpse.
I found jumping only very temporarily killed the gliding effect. I'd need to log out entirely to get rid of it.

It also seems to be so common as to not be manageable, i.e. it's almost not worth the hassle to gather at all.
bluefugue

Post by bluefugue »

ericb wrote:You can also fix this (if a different node is close) by mining/gathering from another node. I've had this happen frequently...usually at least 1-2 nodes per zone. It can also happen anything you have to gather an item...like the quest to get certain herbs for a cure or collecting pine cones, etc.

One of the best things you can do is to add the map notes addon mod and mark the bad nodes on your map so you don't hit them again in the future.
You've found the same nodes have the problem over and over?
Ibby

Post by Ibby »

Occasionally, there are certain mining/herb nodes that are bugged for everyone, resulting in just such a behavior. Even one of the Blizzard posters made such an observation in the forums. You have to log out or find another node to harvest to correct it.

It's a pain sometimes.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Harvesting another node will fix it

/bug the node you got stuck at. Bug reports include your character location so you can just say "copper node at my loc is broken"
Rich in KCK

Post by Rich in KCK »

I've been stupid enough to get stuck on the same rock twice now, the only rock I've found that does it so far. I have also seen other players stuck on the same rock, I'll have to remember that /bug command and hit that rock again on purpose.
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Every time I've experienced loot lag I've just walked away from the body, and after a certain distance it tells me that I have no permission to loot the corpse. That seems to clear it.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Hrnac wrote:
Exodor wrote:

Ugh. I did the same thing myself the other night. Darn spirit healer rez cost me almost 15 silver to get my equipment repaired. :( My char was sporting a very red set of equipment after I rezed.

-Hrnac
Also the rez penalty can break items that already have a low durability (ie: loot). Broken items can't be fixed.
Faldarian

Post by Faldarian »

bluefugue wrote:
You've found the same nodes have the problem over and over?
I've had problems with the same mining node that someone mentioned just outside of Ironforge.
The Preacher
Forum Moderator

Post by The Preacher »

Jag wrote:Also the rez penalty can break items that already have a low durability (ie: loot). Broken items can't be fixed.
They can't? Since when?
You do not take from this universe. It grants you what it will.
Jag

Post by Jag »

The Preacher wrote:
Jag wrote:Also the rez penalty can break items that already have a low durability (ie: loot). Broken items can't be fixed.
They can't? Since when?
I'm wrong. I read somewhere that they can, but when i checked the official site just now, it says that broken items can be repaired.
The Preacher
Forum Moderator

Post by The Preacher »

That's cool. You can never be too sure what will happen these days so it wasn't entirely unpossible.
You do not take from this universe. It grants you what it will.