EverQuest II: Help, I'm a little lost ...

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

PRBoricua

EverQuest II: Help, I'm a little lost ...

Post by PRBoricua »

Que pasa? First time poster here, I have a question ....

First off ... wow, great game I'm having a blast. But I'm completely lost so far, just so much to take in and what not that I just don't feel like I'm grasping everything like I should. Anyway, my question is I rolled a Half-Elf Priest (Evil) and it is now time to branch off between a Cleric, Druid & Shaman. Now, I played EverQuest since July of '99 and eventually leveled a Druid to 65 (didn't bother to get him to 70, was done with the game much before then). These games seem so much alike at certain times, and yet completely different at other times.

I want to create a Druid for nostalgic sake but I'm afraid that the Druids in EverQuest II will be as gimp as the Druids in the original EverQuest and I won't be wanted for any group activities, which I just don't want to fathom right now. So my real question is, are Druids as gimp in EverQuest II as they were in EverQuest, and if they are which should I go with the Cleric or the Shaman? Thanks in advance for input recieved.
If you find this post stupid, or unintelligent then I probably agree with you.
Coskesh

Post by Coskesh »

I think as a healer, you can never be thought of as a gimp character.

Roll a druid, I think you'll enjoy it. All the priests get the basic priest line spells, so they aren't that different. Take a look at the spells, and see what you like better, but from personal experience, as a healer, you'll never have a hard time finding a group.
DiscoJason

Post by DiscoJason »

The way they made EQ2, all the healers can heal fairly equally. So, go ahead and make that druid. I have yet to be in a group where we were particular about which priest class we took.
JayG

Post by JayG »

As a 16 lv Shaman, I can assure you that healers are very popular. I'm always asked to join groups.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

We use a druid as our main healer quite often in our guild groups when our main cleric can't play. While the druid isn't as great as a pure cleric, it's certainly sufficient to act as a main healer, and the buffs like damage shields and spirit of wolf more than make up for any healing deficiencies (which again, are minor).
wire

Post by wire »

I thought Half-Elves could only be good scouts?
Byrns

Post by Byrns »

I made a half-elf paladin and she's fine.