Flashpoint Germany from Matrix Games Goes Gold!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple

Flashpoint Germany from Matrix Games Goes Gold!

Post by jztemple »

This one was pretty much under the radar for me, didn't know about it till I saw the item on Blues News:

Flashpoint Germany announcement
Cold War Strategy Game, Flashpoint Germany, Goes Gold With Two New Screenshots!

Matrix Games announced today that the tactical wargame Flashpoint Germany has officially “Gone Gold” and is set for release sometime next week. The game will be available both via CD and download from the Matrix Games website.

Flashpoint Germany takes you back to the height of the cold war where tensions run tighter than a clock-spring. This time the peace-talks have failed. The world as we know it stands on the brink of World War 3 as the two super powers of NATO and the Soviet Warsaw Pact square off in a modern tactical simulation of what could have been.

Take command as general of either side’s forces and employ tactics and strategies for modern warfare including air strikes, minefields, artilleries, chemical weapons, and of course, tactical nuclear warheads. With a complete database of accurate equipment and unit types, comprising over 170 different units, 195 platforms or vehicles, and 112 different weapons, Flashpoint Germany gives you the final say in how the Cold War could have ended.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said, “Flashpoint Germany takes tactical war gaming to a place rarely ventured to by game companies. The Cold War marked a 45 year period during which the smallest wrong step could have led to world-wide disaster. We are pleased to present this ‘what if’ scenario that puts the player in the role of a brigade or battalion commander with some of the deadliest conventional forces ever assembled.”

Flashpoint Germany spans 17 different scenarios and comes complete with a scenario editor, order of battle guide and equipment database. Additionally, players can play online, by e-mail, or against a competitive computer opponent. Each battle map is a detailed representation of the German landscape, representing the actual terrain that would have influenced battles throughout West Germany.
Looks like a fun "lighter" wargame. Note that it includes a scenario editor and a Quick Battle Generator, the latter being a big selling point for me.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Saw that this morning too. I'm really looking forward to this one.It's one of my favorite periods.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

Nukes?

I'm in!
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I've been following the development of this game for a while. Not only does it have nukes but chemical weapons as well. And it seems that this game may be a bit more playable than that other scary wargame that Zekester and I both have...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

That freakin thing is haunting me, Silj....

Haunting me!
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

You talking about POA2?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

Yes
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I'm going to learn that................one of these days. :?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

You and me both!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Game is out
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?