Visual Concepts buying exlusive rights to MLB.

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Ralph-Wiggum

Visual Concepts buying exlusive rights to MLB.

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

The shoe is now on the other foot. And it sounds like an NBA exlusive deal will be next (though for which company is yet undetermined). I hope that exlusivity doesn't make the sports genre go down the crapper.
ChrisGwinn

Post by ChrisGwinn »

Great. Baseball. The one sport I don't care about at all.

At least they're not completely hosed.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

This trend lately sucks. No real competition means no pressure to advance which means the developers win and the gamers lose.
Beer Goggles

Post by Beer Goggles »

I am buying the NHL rights for $5.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I really don't understand this trend at all. The more games that are made the more exposure to the public you have. It's not like MLB is running out of money, or the NFL. I would much rather see VC get the license then EA but I'd rather there be good competition.

EA is the worst offender of the bunch when it comes to upgrading games each year and now that they have a exclusive NFL license you can pretty much kiss inovation goodbye. I mean hell they don't even have decent run blocking ai in the game and they have had like 20 billion years to perfect it. Also since they insist on building for the ps2 and then porting it to the other consoles their games look asstackular.

Comparing Madden to ESPN is a absolute joke. Sigh screw sports games, screw the sports learders for making these assine decisions. PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :evil:
Jancelot

Post by Jancelot »

Hmm, I feel the exact opposite about ESPN and Madden. However, I do agree that exclusive licenses are bad news. It probably won't be long before VC falls in to the trap as well if these deals go through. It'll be interesting, and probably pretty sad, to see where sports games are 2 or 3 years from now.
godhugh
Forum Admin

Post by godhugh »

Son of a bitch! If they make EA cancel the next version of MVP Baseball, easily the most promising baseball game in the market, I'm going to be pissed.

Has VC ever made a PC game? If they do buy the license will I, as mainly a PC gamer, be out of luck when it comes to getting my baseball fix?
To my Wife:

"Life's only life with you in this song" -Whistles the Wind, Flogging Molly

Not to my Wife:

- "When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for his life."
U2K Tha Greate$t

Post by U2K Tha Greate$t »

godhugh wrote: Has VC ever made a PC game?
NBA ACTION 98 , which is better then live, all of them.