4 Jars of Ragu sauce, 2 Jars of Skippy Peanut butter free

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

4 Jars of Ragu sauce, 2 Jars of Skippy Peanut butter free

Post by LawBeefaroni »

At Safeway stores. Happened to be in Dominik's today and remembered seeing this at Anandtech's hot deal forum.

Deal is this. Purchase 6 select Unilever products and get $10 off your total bill. Ragu is 4 for $7, Skippy is 2 for $3. Bought a loaf of bread and my total was $2.79 (bread). $10 off shows up at the end.

Don't like Ragu on pasta, but it makes good pizza bread. I'll probably drop two jars off at the food bank.

To confirm at your store, go to Safeway's site and go to weekly specials after putting in your zip. It was on page 4 or 5 for me, huge "Save $10 Instantly!" page. Other Unilever products also apply. At the very least, good for hooking up the local food bank.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Ick...your post made my innards hurt. I hope the bread was at least edible. :wink:
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

at the Safeway in Bellevue, WA, it's Skippy 2 for $4 and Ragu 3 for $4.98... maybe cuz everyone's all richer out here (haha)?

where is it that you live?
em2nought

in other food news

Post by em2nought »

At CVS drugstores this week if you get 3 bags frito lay chips for $6 and 3 12packs pepsi products for $9 you can get a $10 rebate, if you use your CVS member card you'll also get coupons for $5 CVS dollars on your next purchase after two days. So basically free pepsi and chips for the big game.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

hitbyambulance wrote: where is it that you live?
Chicago. No idea why it's cheaper. Maybe because the gouge on the regular price is higher? :( At anandtech the original post had the Skippy at 2 for $3.39 so it definately varies.
Jeff V wrote: Ick...your post made my innards hurt. I hope the bread was at least edible. :wink:
Oh, it was great. Got a loaf of Italian. Sliced up some turkey franks, put them on the bread with some Ragu sauce, threw on some provalone. Baked. Put some Robotech in the DVD player. Felt like I was 10-years-old again getting home from school and watching cartoons. Except I had a beer. :)

Ragu is thicker nowdays (they call it "Robusto"), too. Much better than I remember it. It's no Barilla, but good enough for a snack.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

LawBeefaroni wrote:Oh, it was great. Got a loaf of Italian. Sliced up some turkey franks, put them on the bread with some Ragu sauce, threw on some provalone. Baked. Put some Robotech in the DVD player. Felt like I was 10-years-old again getting home from school and watching cartoons. Except I had a beer. :)

Ragu is thicker nowdays (they call it "Robusto"), too. Much better than I remember it. It's no Barilla, but good enough for a snack.
You left out the Skippy!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.