Lars Lynching Liasons 4: Game has ended

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lars

Post by Lars »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Image

If it's any consolation, Mr. Bubbles, I asked that you be killed tonight. I wanted Chaos to have to face me during the day.

:twisted:
Well, it appears that the cat, errr, wolf is out of the bag. Kinda takes the wind out of my sails for the writeup. That's probably a good thing, I want to try and get to bed early tonight anyhow.
Lars

Post by Lars »

Lynch votes:

Grundbegriff - Eaten
Nameless - Lynched
Remus West - Eaten
Bakhtosh - Lynched
SirReal - Lynched WEREWOLF
Chaosraven - setaside
LordMortis - Lynched BESERKER WEREWOLF
pr0ner - Eaten
tru1cy - Eaten
Kraegor - Lynched
Kelric - Eaten
Mr Bubbles - setaside
Austin - Killed by LordMortis
setaside - setaside
Ralph-Wiggum
Chris Grenard - Lynched WEREWOLF
Cesare - Eaten
Zurai - Lynched
Lassr - Eaten
PR_GMR - Eaten

Vote tally

setaside - 3

Majority need to lynch: 3
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

:( I was looking forward to the write-up. But since you have been and gone, I will say that I demand none of the villagers who remained alive after me aside from tru1cy, who told the village every wolf, use the term Remuscide ever again. You have all proven far far worse. :lol:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Welcome to Chaoscide.

Damn.

Seriously?

Well played Ralph.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Are we going to have an actual writeup and role call?

<-------- Metagaming Innocent. Should have kept up with the ChriGrenard editgate and Ralphs semi-involvement.

To blame for the following lynchings: Bakhtosh and setaside.

Had 3 out of 4 wolves on suspect list first day.

Got Kraegor killed with his shenanigans.

Posts way too much.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Lars

Post by Lars »

The remaining 4 villagers decide that setaside must, MUST be the remaining wolf. setaside has seemed to be willing to die for the past few days, so he does not put up a fight as he is lead to his death. Unfortunately, as setaside's body cools, his body does not sprout any more hair then he already had. setaside was NOT a werewolf!

As dawn breaks the next day, Chaosraven slowly walked out to the meeting hall. He sits down on the bench, and waits to see who, if anyone, will meet him there. He continues to sit for a couple hours, but no one comes to meet him. Sighing, he sits up and prepares to walk back to his house.

"You decided to come anyhow, I see", a voice says from behind Chaosraven's shoulder.

"Sure did", responds Chaosraven. "I figure, waiting around in my house isn't going to do me any good."

"It appears that I underestimated your courage", the voice says. "A smart man might have attempted to leave town."

"Mother never said I was a smart man", Chaosraven responded. "But she did say that the doctor who helped birth me said I had the biggest sack he's ever seen."

"I see", said the voice. "Of course, your sack is not the body part I was really interested in. There are much tastier, juicier parts of the human body. Shall I demonstrate?"

"Try this juicy morsal!", Chaosraven yells as he quickly turns towards the voice, revolver slipping quickly out of his sleeve.

While Chaosraven's reflexes are quick, they are nothing compared to the reflexes of a Werewolf. Ralph-Wiggum's jaws close over Chaosraven's throat as his right hand races forward to fire the gun. The gun fires, but the aim is off. Chaosraven's life's blood spills on the ground. It is over.

The game is over. WEREWOLVES and the Sorcerer win the game!
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I need to take much of the blame.. I second guessed the evidence that lead me to Ralph.... But ultimately I just blame Remus.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Mr Bubbles wrote:I need to take much of the blame.. I second guessed the evidence that lead me to Ralph....
So did I, wayyyyyy back when he wanted his name distanced from the Editgate.

I suck.
"Where are you off to?"

Cesare

Post by Cesare »

goddamn. T_T
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Lars wrote:The game is over. WEREWOLVES and the Sorcerer win the game!
Unfortunately, the Sorcerer was not around to celebrate the victory. :cry:

Yes, Chaos, you were right...tell your sister, you were right. I was the Sorcerer. The worst one in the history of the game. I couldn't find a wolf to save my skin. I helped lead LordMortis to the gallows.

The only thing I knew was that tru1cy was NOT a wolf or the Sorcerer, so that meant CG must be a wolf. I also managed to cast the killing vote for Kraegor after finding him innocent. Setaside, MrBubbles, and ChaosRaven were my other scans (not in that order). I'll have to consult my notes if anyone wants the actual order.

I was so sad when the hunter wasn't around to shoot tru1cy. It would have been my greatest victory.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

I'm glad I was able to so effectively sow confusion in the village. I just went with the biggest lie I could and ran with it, never figuring to last long. Each night we would make plans so that Ralph could be first on the bandwagon against me, but it didn't come to that till the end.

FWIW, Bahktosh was the Sorcerer. We didn't know this till after the village had lynched him.

As for my strategy, I told the truth with every "seer" move I did. I figured that when I eventually got myself killed, all of a sudden the village would have to go back and second guess every choice I had made.

I can tell you what though, I didn't expect us to win the entire game after I was out in the open, LM was dead and SirReal was on the gallows. Never expected to take that home.

Also, I told the truth with the wolf strategy being to eliminate all knowns. We never killed Chaos, despite his zen-like first day predictions, simply because he had no role and no proof that he was good. And that was how we wanted everybody left in the village to be.
Lars

Post by Lars »

As always, it's now time to pull back the curtain. Here were the roles that were randomly assigned:

Werewolves:
LordMortis (Beserker)
SirReal
ChrisGrenard
Ralph-Wiggum

Sorcerer: Bakhtosh

Seer: tru1cy
Masons: Grundbegriff, Kelric
Werewolf Hunter: Austin
Priest: Cesare
Mentalist: Lassr
Medium: Remus West

Innocents:
Nameless
Chaosraven
pr0ner
Kraegor
Mr Bubbles
setaside
Zurai
PR_GMR

There was no cursed player in this game. For fun, I decided to use the random number generator to see who would have been the cursed player, and it would have been Cesare.

Night 1
Wolves killed: Grundbegriff
Bakthosh (Sorcerer) asked: Is tru1cy a werewolf?

tru1cy (Seer) asked: Is Grundbegriff a werewolf?
Austin (Werewolf Hunter) protected Remus West
Cesare (Priest) had no one to check
Lassr (Mentalist) did not contact anyone.

Day 1
LordMortis is lynched, kills Austin (Werewolf Hunter)

Night 2
Wolves killed: PR_GMR
Bakthosh (Sorcerer) asked: Is Chaosraven a werewolf?

tru1cy (Seer) asked: Is SirReal a werewolf?
Austin (Werewolf Hunter) is dead.
Cesare (Priest) checked Grundbegriff's role
Lassr (Mentalist) contacted Cesare

Day 2
Zurai is lynched

Night 3
Wolves killed: Lassr
Bakthosh (Sorcerer) asked: Is setaside a werewolf?

tru1cy (Seer) asked: Is Remus West a werewolf?
Cesare (Priest) checked PR_GMR's role
Lassr (Mentalist) contacted ChrisGrenard

Day 3
SirReal is lynched

Night 4
Wolves killed: Remus West
Bakthosh (Sorcerer) asked: Is Kraegor a werewolf?

tru1cy (Seer) asked: Is pr0ner a werewolf?
Cesare (Priest) checked Austin's role
Lassr (Mentalist) is dead.

Day 4
Kraegor is lynched

Night 5
Wolves killed: tru1cy
Bakthosh (Sorcerer) asked: Is Mr Bubbles a werewolf?

tru1cy (Seer) asked: Is Ralph-Wiggum a werewolf?
Cesare (Priest) checked Kraegor's role

Day 5
Bakhtosh is lynched

Night 6
Wolves killed: Cesare
Bakthosh (Sorcerer) is dead

tru1cy (Seer) is dead
Cesare (Priest) checked tru1cy's role

Day 6
ChrisGrenard is lynched

Night 7
Wolves killed: Kelric

tru1cy (Seer) is dead
Cesare (Priest) is dead

Day 7
Nameless is lynched

Night 8
Wolves killed: pr0ner

tru1cy (Seer) is dead
Cesare (Priest) is dead

Day 8
setaside is lynched

Night 9
Wolves killed: Mr Bubbles

Day 9
Ralph-Wiggum kills Chaosraven to end the game.
Lars

Post by Lars »

Bakhtosh wrote:
Lars wrote:The game is over. WEREWOLVES and the Sorcerer win the game!
Unfortunately, the Sorcerer was not around to celebrate the victory. :cry:
Ask LordMortis how well the victory went for him when he was the sorcerer in the last game. :twisted:
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

As I was sitting around, I thought an even better twist ending would have been if Chaosraven actually was the hunter and he had waited the entire game until Ralph confessed to shoot him. That would have been an awesome ending, but I do still like winning that one.

Thanks for the game guys. After this next one I think I'm done though, I get the evil role way too often for my taste. I'll probably renege on that, but for now at least I really can't take the outright lying anymore. It's actually kinda hard for me to do so, so there you go.
Lars

Post by Lars »

ChrisGrenard wrote:Thanks for the game guys. After this next one I think I'm done though, I get the evil role way too often for my taste. I'll probably renege on that, but for now at least I really can't take the outright lying anymore. It's actually kinda hard for me to do so, so there you go.
Bah! When I decide to start up the next game in a couple months, you better damn well join. You are overdue to be an innocent. You'll join, and you'll like it! :wink:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I had a question for the other seven Innocents.

I admit I was using a Specials mistake to keep the seven of you from Lynching me.

My intent was that when the time came the wolves would realize they had to either kill me (thereby NOT killing a Special that Night) or deal with the fact I had effectively PROVEN myself Innocent.

The odds were only slightly against my capitalizing on a Good Special having committed the error.

2 Mason + Priest + Medium + Mentalist + Seer + Hunter = 7
versus
4 Wolves + Sorcerer = 5

As I already suspected him I weighed that as an acceptable risk since his error should have been evident to at least the Innocents.

I was hoping to use the Ones who Didn't Suspect me based on that as a block. I didn't expect you guys to out yourselves.

pr0ner: you were probably the most vocal about my Refusal to let it go.
setaside: your suspicion of me was what gave me more suspicion of you than Ralph.

Do the pair of you feel what I did (Metagaming) was against the Spirit of the Game?

For that matter what of the rest of the players?

I liken it to my Lupus Prime Game where one of my Innocents was able to remove suspicion of himself nearly the same way.

If people DO think it goes against the Spirit of the Game, what suggestions do you have to avoid something of this kind occurring again?
"Where are you off to?"

ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Personally, I don't like the metagaming at all. It strikes me as very much against the theme of the games.
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

Well, who'da thunk it. Well played, furry brothers. Except for Chris. Who threw me to the hooomans!

Ironically, I had tru1cy pegged as the seer and was lobbying to turn him into wolf poo when ChrisGrenard got contacted by the mentalist and decided to do his Great Seer Act.

It turned out OK, but I still would have liked to chomp tru1cy and have stayed in the game for a bit longer. I think I could have fooled youse guys a bit longer.
"There is a reason people around the world eat bugs. That reason is lack of choice." - Remus West
Got a Logitech G15 or G13? Check out my plugin: http://linkdata.se/lcdsirreal.html" target="_blank
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

ChrisGrenard wrote:Personally, I don't like the metagaming at all. It strikes me as very much against the theme of the games.
I agree, but unfortunately Editing falls under that parameter as well.

As do PMs (which I believe is why MOST games in the latter portion of these games being played restrict them) between players not normally allowed private communication.

Think of both of these things as "whispering" in a Face To Face game.

Talking at all about Game Knowledge or Strategy during the Night is also Verboten.

Unless the Variant in question we are trying uses/allows such things.

I've been trying to figure out a way to avoid what I just did the next time I run one of these.

Aside from Gentlemans Agreement that it violates the Spirit. Much like Ralph has decreed No Editing in his New Vampire Game IIRC. (unless he edited that out :wink: )
"Where are you off to?"

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I gave the village the last two WW. When I was eaten cause I was going to scan RW none of you connected the two incidents.

All this second guessing killed us. Anyway, good game WW
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Austin

Post by Austin »

I didn't get to shoot anyone. :(
Your ad here.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

That was some amazing luck that LM got the hunter on his revenge killing. We would've been screwed without that.

To be honest, though, I thought we were screwed from the outset. Could any three people be more obvious wolves than LM, Chris, and me? Oy vay.

As Chris said, the goal was to kill the known innocents/roles. That way everyone would be a potential wolf. I seriously debated whether to kill pr0ner the last night. I thought that maybe killing Mr. Bubbles would cause Chaos to be more concerned with setaside and/or pr0ner and setaside would go against Chaos. But in the end I had to take out the player that couldn't possibly be a wolf. Luckily it worked out.

P.S. SirReal speaks the truth. We were just about to kill tru1cy the night that the mentalist contacted Grenard. But we couldn't let Lassr live after we got as much info from him as possible (that being that Cesare was the priest). We were hoping that we'd be able to kill Cesare before he suggested seancing Lassr; unfortunately it didn't work out that way.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:That was some amazing luck that LM got the hunter on his revenge killing. We would've been screwed without that.

To be honest, though, I thought we were screwed from the outset. Could any three people be more obvious wolves than LM, Chris, and me? Oy vay.

As Chris said, the goal was to kill the known innocents/roles. That way everyone would be a potential wolf. I seriously debated whether to kill pr0ner the last night. I thought that maybe killing Mr. Bubbles would cause Chaos to be more concerned with setaside and/or pr0ner and setaside would go against Chaos. But in the end I had to take out the player that couldn't possibly be a wolf. Luckily it worked out.

P.S. SirReal speaks the truth. We were just about to kill tru1cy the night that the mentalist contacted Grenard. But we couldn't let Lassr live after we got as much info from him as possible (that being that Cesare was the priest). We were hoping that we'd be able to kill Cesare before he suggested seancing Lassr; unfortunately it didn't work out that way.
I think LM calculated his killing of me. It was my first game and he knew that the hunter was probably inexperienced due to the lack of Grund protection. I recall him posting something along those lines. >Bastard<
Your ad here.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Austin wrote:I think LM calculated his killing of me. It was my first game and he knew that the hunter was probably inexperienced due to the lack of Grund protection. I recall him posting something along those lines. >Bastard<
Bah. You chose the correct player to protect. :wub: My hero. :lol: Actually losing Grund SHOULD NOT have hurt us. I'm just wondering if, for all the shit you people give me, any of you actually read the Remuscide game? I so wanted to post *cough*ezmate*cough* when Ralph-Wiggum led the lynch vs. Chris. And if you read the other thread, how the hell do you allow Chris to live that long? This game was interesting for me because it was like watching the other one except from the outside and armed with the knowledge that the Seer had already outed the wolves. :lol:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

That was a risky move to claim to be seer knowing the seer was still alive that's what made me believe him. I thought it would be foolish so he had to be the seer. But when I died that night the doubt crept into my mind.

One other fact disturbed me that I had in my seance PM I wrote up but I must have deleted it while I was editing (Remus was rushing me!). That fact was that Chris stated that he'd heard back on his scan that night as we were PMing. But when I had contacted Cesare he had not heard back from Lars while we were PMing. CHris claimed to have asked for an extension but I thought that would be odd for Lars to send out PMs and then let a day go by before ending the night.

Funny thing is when Tru1cy came out it actually increased my faith that Chris was the seer simply for the fact that Tru1cy scans were almost identical to Chris' scans except one and nabbed the same wolf. I figured Tru1cy was the sorcerer and was trying to get them both killed so he could take out the real seer...I was wrong.

Kraegor was innocent, I'm a fucktard...but the wolves had everyone fooled till the end so I don't feel so bad.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I would just like to point out that everything I wrote in the game about strategy was stuff that I think would actually be useful. I tried to analyze the situation just as I would if I was an innocent (except, of course, for the part about me being a wolf). I don't know if that helped me live or not, but I think it would be much more suspicious if I proposed obviously not well thought out plans.

But Chris really made this game. I was concerned when he told Lassr that 1). he was the seer and 2). that SirReal was a wolf, that it might come back to haunt us. But, as it turns out, both plays helped to delay Chris' lynching.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Chaosraven wrote:Had 3 out of 4 wolves on suspect list first day.
CR in PM asking to be made fun of later shortly thereafter wrote:Nameless - Wolf
Remus West - Sorcerer
Bakhtosh - Seer
SirReal - Innocent
pr0ner - Priest
tru1cy - Innocent
Kraegor - Hunter
Kelric - Mason
Mr Bubbles - Innocent
setaside - Wolf
Ralph-Wiggum - Innocent
Chris Grenard - Medium
Cesare - Wolf
Austin wrote:I think LM calculated his killing of me. It was my first game and he knew that the hunter was probably inexperienced due to the lack of Grund protection. I recall him posting something along those lines. >Bastard<
I took you down because your alternation between quietness and thoughtful posts. I knew you couldn't be bad guy, you were thinking hard and were probalby hiding something. At the time I hoped you were the seer but in hindsight a first turn kill of the hunter seems better than the seer, so...

I was terrified that I was going to get shot before I got lynched so maybe you were just sending pheremones.

When Sirreal and I went on the chopping the first day and I was up there with Zeal, I knew I'd be taking the bullet and I figured we'd be done inside of 5 days. I guess this shows what I know. Much like I didn't understand how Grund lived in Bladerunner game for so long I have no clue how CG lived so long here. *shrug*
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I would just like to pass a little something on to setaside, Mr. Bubbles, and Chaosraven.

With a special thanks to Quipp for the photoshop. :D
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

The gods have chosen your fate. You are an: INNOCENT
Lassr wrote:
Kraegor was innocent, I'm a fucktard...but the wolves had everyone fooled till the end so I don't feel so bad.
everyone? chris and ralph were my top suspects 30 pages ago, when remus made me consider the scenario...it was so glaringly obvious to me that my fixation on nameless/cesare was too easy...

my second biggest mistake was focusing on pr0ner. course it's tough to not suspect and innocent that doesnt know he's innocent....which was more or less true for the rest of you Innocents :P
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Chaosraven wrote:Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh? Why don't we try that?
We should get back, 'cause it'll be dark soon. They come mostly at night. Mostly.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Kraegor wrote:The gods have chosen your fate. You are an: INNOCENT
I think that whole Meta stuff actually hurt you guys in the long run. It wasn't too hard to figure out and was pretty easy to manipulate (at least in the end game).
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

For some reason I never suspect Ralph. I was thinking it was Chaosraven since before I even died.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
I think that whole Meta stuff actually hurt you guys in the long run. It wasn't too hard to figure out and was pretty easy to manipulate (at least in the end game).
yes the irony that all the specials figured it out first...was not lost on me.

You could see the innocents... lost... confused...and the wolves showing up to comfort..."aww we dont understand either...."

I didnt like the ploy to begin with, But since I was watching edits galore along with a cover-up.... Seemed to me it was fair-game at that point.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I think from now on I'm just going to start trying to lynch Ralph first. Like I said, I never suspect him.

No longer, I say!
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Congratulations, Werewolves!

The one thing I learned from this game, having been killed right off the bat but tracking it anyhow, is that it's much, much easier to make informed guesses about roles when you're in the game and able to manipulate the situation.

This was a very difficult game to read from the outside without spoilers.

For the first three or four gamedays, I sent Lars a suspicion matrix before and after every big event. By the time the seance rolled in, I had lost confidence in my reading, which in retrospect was indeed hobbled by the fact that I couldn't influence anything in order to get a sound take on who was what.

Right from the beginning, and across five role rosters, I suspected Ralph-Wiggum to be Wolfy. In my final roster before I gave up, however, I demoted him to "Innocent (disturbing)". Good work, Ralph!

Also from the beginning, and without fail, I included Bakhtosh in my list of Werewolves. Ironically, I did this because I thought he had leaked inside information in this amazing post. Ironically, he was a Sorcerer who had no idea who the Wolves were at that point. Complete coincidence.

At no point did I have a solid suspect for the role of Sorcerer. Nobody seemed to be acting sorcerous.

I thought ChrisGrenard was an innocent until EditGate, and then thought he was a human Special until tru1cy came out. Good work, ChrisGrenard. You lied your haunches off.

I think tru1cy played a very good game. Too bad more people didn't take him seriously. Killing Grenard would've made much more sense than wasting a life to test Grenard.

I also think Nameless played a very good game. His analysis was perfectly sound until he wobbled at the end, and he wasted no words.

SirReal-- you completely deceived me! I was genuinely surprised to learn' you were lycanthropic.

It was obvious that Austin and Remus were Specials, but it was quite difficult to tell which Specials they were-- at least until the seance....

The upshot: Apart from taking Ralph and Bakhtosh as evil and Austin and Remus as powered good (and, of course, Chaosraven as Innocent), I couldn't read this game at all. Lesson learned: particpation and influence matter!

As for the meta-game, I think Chaosraven's PM-based feint was silly and distracting. Distracting because not in the spirit of the game, and silly because it was transparent enough that non-Innocents could corrupt the mini-network he was trying to set up.

In general, I dislike arguments based on the timing or edit status of posts or on the content of messages from the Moderator. Going meta sort of defeats the purpose of choosing to play within a circumscribed fiction.

Proposed addition to the gaming vocabulary:

Chaosraving: Trying to exploit metagame information to gain an advantage, but instead killing all teammates in the ensuing confusion. :D
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

lol. I never suspected Bahktosh. I was completely locked on pr0ner as the sorceror. I mean look at it!!!! He even started casting doubts on chaos while defending Ralph... pr0ner is the sorc dammit!!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Which was what I was telling him the first day he did it. The entire "test" was flawed. I figured it out right away. I also watched Ralph-Wiggum use it to buy time late.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Grundbegriff wrote:Proposed addition to the gaming vocabulary:

Chaosraving: Trying to exploit metagame information to gain an advantage, but instead killing all teammates in the ensuing confusion. :D
I second this motion!
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

tru1cy wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Proposed addition to the gaming vocabulary:

I second this motion!
LoL I totally wish I'd I am fly on the wall to see his expression when he reads this.