[WW-Monty Python]Remus' first game - END ENGLISH WIN

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

brettmcd

Post by brettmcd »

Grundbegriff wrote:
brettmcd wrote:I have done nothing to support the french in my votes
Sure you have-- you've consistently voted against me, even though I'm Tim. Casting doubt on my-- even more than I cast on myself ;) -- harms us and helps the French.
You have made one crucial mistake with that analysis grund, you ARENT tim, and the others are finally catching on. Sadly it took the deaths of two loyal subjects for them to realize it.
There is no problem so large that it cannot be solved by a liberal dosage of explosives.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Suppose there are 5 English and 3 French.

(a) If Tim kills a Frenchy and then wanders away, we're at 4 English and 2 French. Then the French kill someone, making 3 English and 2 French for the next day.
Unless I misread the rules again (which is entirely possible), you forgot that the English still get a lynching. So best case scenerio is that Tim blows up a Frenchie and walks away, the English lynch a Frenchman, and then the French kill an Englishman.

And if there's one Frenchman left, he could only win the game if he kills everyone but Lancelot.

In any case, here are my thoughts about who is French:

Of the two quietest players, ArmyofOne and UsulofDoom, at least one is probably French.

Just on a hunch, I think at least one of Grund, PR_GMR, and Kraegor is French.

That leaves brettmcd, Lassr, and me as unknowns. One of us is probably (though not guaranteed) French. Of course, I know that I'm not French but others don't know that.

My advice? If Maynard is still out there, please scan Army of Usul. Since Grund is likely gone by tomorrow anyway (either from lynching or from blowing someone up), I'm not sure if it's useful to scan him.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Kraegor wrote:awesome we are turning into a real lynch mob.
Whoops! I forgot about Kraegor. Isn't he always guilty in these games?

I feel like I have a free ride. If the French kill me tonight, they'll vindicate my Englishness. :D
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

Dam i missed it . But glad not to be fooled by Grundbegriff. I smell cheese.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

There was a lot of grumbling in the night. "I told them to kill Grundbegriff" could be heard muttered from several quarters of the camp. "Oh Baby, yes, oh baby, you are the man" could be heard early in the night from PR_GMR's quarters. Fortunately the noise ended sometime seconds after sunset so noone lost sleep. They settled down for a restless night none willing to take the blame for the finger that had pointed towards yet another loyal Englishman.

The sun rose. As the whore PR_GMR had hired tried to slink away before anyone saw him he tripped over the torn and beheaded body of pr0ner. His screetch of terror woke the camp and brought all of our intrepid knights running. "What is it they cried" eyes wide in confusion and horror. Then they looked away from the whore (all save PR_GMR who was frantically scrubbing at his tongue for some reason) and noticed the body. "Aw crap. We are still in trouble"

1. Mr Bubbles - Dead
2. UsulofDoom -
3. pr0ner - Dead
4. ChrisGrenard -
5. Cesare - Dead
6. Kelric -
7. brettmcd -
8. ArmyOfOne -
9. Lassr -
10. ezmate - Dead
11. Orinoco - Dead
12. PR_GMR -
13. Chaosraven - Dead
14. Grundbegriff -
15. Kraegor -
16. Ralph-Wiggum -

Players remaining 10. Majority is 6.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Grundbegriff, but I think I almost need to concede the game to the Frenchies if he's English and/or is Tim and blows up an Englishman. Even though I think he should blow someone up and try to get a Frenchman.
brettmcd

Post by brettmcd »

Grundbegriff, no question about it.
There is no problem so large that it cannot be solved by a liberal dosage of explosives.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

:binky:
Hodor.
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

pr0ner wrote::binky:
Ditto!
Where I go, destruction will follow!
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Sorry Grund. I still hold out that you're probably Tim. If you are, I suggest going after whom you suspect before bowing out. Just make sure not to hit Lancelot or Maynard. :wink:

P.S. My suspicions grow about UsulofDoom.

edit: should say probably, rather than truly.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Grundbegriff
My gut still says he's Tim but at this point we can't take anymore chances. He can't be trusted after leading the way on killing 2 Englishmen.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Kelric wrote:Grundbegriff, but I think I almost need to concede the game to the Frenchies if he's English and/or is Tim and blows up an Englishman. Even though I think he should blow someone up and try to get a Frenchman.
That's why, in voting against me, you should also tell me whom you'd like me to blow up. I'd like to take out a consensus-driven target.

BTW: It would be really helpful if Maynard could come forward with the name of a Frenchman at this juncture.

OK, so picking up my earlier arrangement of data:

We have 10 left alive, 3 French and 7 English. That means that the French win in two cycles if we fail to find a Frenchman.

If I don't gig a Frog:
Right now: EEEEEEE+FFF
After lynching me: EEEEEE+FFF
Tonight: EEEEE+FFF
Tomorrow lynching an Englishman: EEEE+FFF
Tomorrow night: EEE+FFF = French Victory

If I do gig a Frog:
Right now: EEEEEEE+FFF
After I splode: EEEEEEE+FF
After I depart: EEEEEE+FF
After lynching an Englishman: EEEEE+FF
Tonight: EEEE+FF
Tomorrow lynching an Englishman: EEE+FF
Tomorrow night: EE+FF = French Victory

So then, it appears that I might as well 'splode someone. Our one ace in the hole is that Concorde yet lives, and he's worth two lives. That's essentially an extra turn.

If Maynard doesn't come forward with valuable info (esp. a Frenchman), then you should vote against me and tell me whom you'd like me to kill. At this point, the truth has diagnostic value, and whoever lives after me will have to piece together the truth.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

01. Frenchman = (Living)
02. Frenchman = (Living)
03. Frenchman = (Living)
04. Lancelot = ? (French may have offed him (iff Lance protected a Frenchy))(might've been Cesare, Orinoco, Chaosraven, or pr0ner)
05. Concorde = (Living)
06. Dennis = (Living) ChrisGrenard
07. Englishman#1 = (Dead) Mr Bubbles (confirmed)
08. Englishman#5 = (Dead) ezmate (confirmed)
09. Englishman#2 = (Dead) Cesare (hypothetical)
10. Englishman#3 = (Dead) Orinoco (hypothetical)
11. Englishman#4 = (Dead) Chaosraven (hypothetical)
12. Englishman#6 = (Dead) pr0ner (hypothetical)
13. Englishman#7 = ?
14. Maynard = ? (might've been Cesare, Orinoco, Chaosraven, or pr0ner)
15. Robin = Kelric (probable, but not certain-- he may be a gambling Frenchman)
16. Tim = Grundbegriff

NOTES: the folks marked "hypothetical" (Cesare, Orinoco, Chaosraven, pr0ner) were slain by the French and might've been Maynard or Lancelot, for all we know. Don't assume that the Specials are still alive now that the odds are against it.

Dead English(6): Cesare, Orinoco, Chaosraven, Mr Bubbles, ezmate, pr0ner
Living English(6): ChrisGrenard, Grundbegriff, w, x, y, z
Living Probably English(1): Kelric
Living French(3): q, r, s

Masked identities: ArmyOfOne, brettmcd, Kraegor, Lassr, PR_GMR, Ralph-Wiggum, UsulofDoom <-- three of these are French

w =
x =
y =
z =
q =
r =
s =
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

The only way Lancelot would be dead without killing a Frenchie is if he protected a Frenchman. I would hope that he would have held off on protecting someone until he could be sure of their identity.

P.S. If you're going to blow someone up, I suggest Usulofdoom.

In fact, I retract my vote for Grund and instead vote Usulofdoom. There just seemed something off with his condemning Grund but not voting ways.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:The only way Lancelot would be dead without killing a Frenchie is if he protected a Frenchman. I would hope that he would have held off on protecting someone until he could be sure of their identity.
I would hope so, too, but I thought I'd paint the facts in the most conservative light, for posterity.

I've added a clarifying remark, to avoid any appearance of misleading anyone.
P.S. If you're going to blow someone up, I suggest Usulofdoom.

In fact, I retract my vote for Grund and instead vote Usulofdoom. There just seemed something off with his condemning Grund but not voting ways.
I've suspected him since way back, too:
Here: "Low-profilers include ArmyOfOne, Kraegor, Ralph-Wiggum, UsulofDoom. One of them is French."

And Here: "Probably French: Chaosraven, UsulOfDoom"

And here: "I suspect Mr Bubbles most strongly, followed by UsulofDoom, Lassr, and Chaosraven (in approximately that order)"

And here: "Probably French: ezmate, Lassr, UsulOfDoom "

How different things might now be if I had gone with that intuition instead of aiming for the high-profile targets. :(

Last call for explosion candidates....
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

at the lynching of Grenard
Against Grundbegriff: brettmcd

at the lynching of Mr Bubbles
Against Grundbegriff: Mr Bubbles, ChrisGrenard, brettmcd, ezmate
(note: UsulofDoom switched his vote away from me at the last minute)

at the lynching of ezmate
Against Grundbegriff: brettmcd, PR_GMR

today:
Against Grundbegriff: Kelric, brettmcd, Lassr
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

They mumled his name. They complained about his leadership. They had been played they shouted. We must kill him soon they whispered in a growing roar.

ENOUGH

Power crackling around him Grundbegriff rose from his seat where he had pondered their dilema. "I have tried to lead you wimpering fools. I have tried to find these nefarious French. And yet you chide me. You, who know nothing of power seek to judge me? I have found our target."

With one slender finger Grundbegriff pointed to the doomed....
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

ImageUsulofDoomImage
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Never mind Grund is here.

Grund pointed his slender finger at the doom UsulofDoom, which suddenly seemed a fitting name, and with a crash of fire and a puff of smoke UsulofDoom flew into the air cheese flying from his pockets along with a small white flag. UsulofDoom was FRENCH.

"That is power fools" shouted the enraged Grundbegriff. And with that he disappeared in a puff of white smoke.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Remus West wrote:Grund Pmed that he wished to use his ability. I had told him he got to announce his victim so I do not know it yet. Please leave the next post in this thread for him to announce his target. (That is do not influence his decision further). I will write up the rest of it after his post when I get to school tomorrow assuming he has been on and posted. Expect me to check around 9:30 EST.
How about you check now? :wink:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

1. Mr Bubbles - Dead
2. UsulofDoom - Dead French
3. pr0ner - Dead
4. ChrisGrenard -
5. Cesare - Dead
6. Kelric -
7. brettmcd -
8. ArmyOfOne -
9. Lassr -
10. ezmate - Dead
11. Orinoco - Dead
12. PR_GMR -
13. Chaosraven - Dead
14. Grundbegriff - gone in a huff
15. Kraegor -
16. Ralph-Wiggum -

Players remaining 8. Majority is 5.

And Kelric you suck for quoting that. :P
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Well, one down. Finally. Any of the remainders can still be French, though I don't think brett is... much. I really wish Grenard would be active here as I could use another trustable Englishman.

Ralph is my biggest suspect, going on the 'one quiet, one middle and one loud' bad guy strategy.
Remus West wrote:And Kelric you suck for quoting that. :P
As long as I don't mysteriously roll that 15%...
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Kelric wrote: Ralph is my biggest suspect, going on the 'one quiet, one middle and one loud' bad guy strategy.
Wha????
Me before Grund's use of power wrote:P.S. If you're going to blow someone up, I suggest Usulofdoom.

Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Kelric wrote: Ralph is my biggest suspect, going on the 'one quiet, one middle and one loud' bad guy strategy.
Wha????
Me before Grund's use of power wrote:P.S. If you're going to blow someone up, I suggest Usulofdoom.

Hey, I didn't say it had to make any sense or that I was actually voting for you. ;)

I can't decide if brett is French and figured Grund was Tim all along, if he was simply allowing past experiences to color his reading of Grund's Timness or if he just honestly believed that Grund was French.

I have absolutely no read on AOO, Kraegor, Lassr, or PR_GMR. All of them could be innocent or all of them could be dirty snail eaters.

Ralph probably isn't French... maybe. :P
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I quote myself again
from further back:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:In any case, here are my thoughts about who is French:

Of the two quietest players, ArmyofOne and UsulofDoom, at least one is probably French.

That leaves brettmcd, Lassr, and me as unknowns. One of us is probably (though not guaranteed) French. Of course, I know that I'm not French but others don't know that.
Obviously, Grund wasn't French. If my guesses still hold, that means either PR_GMR or Kraegor are French. They might both be. But I suggest we go for one of them.

I'm going to go ahead and vote for PR_GMR. But if other's have a better idea, just let me know.
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

(PR_GMR returns from his 'unfortunate Whore incident')

NOT A WORD!!!!!!

(PR sees Kelric about to say something)

NOT. A. WORD.

(Kraegor starts to pipe up)

NOTAWORD!!! SHUSSHH!! CALLATE!

(PR looks about the encampment and notices the latest developments)

Grundbegriff wasn't a Frenchie... He was really Tim? He blew Usul of Doom up... who was a frenchie?

oh, dear.
Follow me as I make films at: xterminatingangel.com
"Don't waste your time or time will waste you."--Muse, 'Knights Of Cydonia'
Fear the Wiki!
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

busy busy.

nice catch on usul. he didnt really say much for me to consider a worthy explosion candidate.
ralph wrote: In any case, here are my thoughts about who is French:

well...so you think out of everyone left there might be (at that time) 3 french present. good detective work! ;)

4. ChrisGrenard -
6. Kelric -
7. brettmcd -
8. ArmyOfOne -
9. Lassr -
12. PR_GMR -
15. Kraegor -
16. Ralph-Wiggum -

i still consider PR_GMR french. recall i've been votin that way for a while.

brett's absolute conviction with grund.../shrug technically that is his posting style.

armyofone is who i'd bet as being the other. yeah 3 quiets. but consider this...we've killed everyone who gave advice in this game....they were all english...not much need for the french to post when we are only targeting each other.

ralph-wiggum - mostly trustable but yer shotgun approach matrix....just a tad suspect...difficult to be wrong when you point a finger at everyone, yes?
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

:pop:
brettmcd

Post by brettmcd »

Kelric wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Wha????

Hey, I didn't say it had to make any sense or that I was actually voting for you. ;)

I can't decide if brett is French and figured Grund was Tim all along, if he was simply allowing past experiences to color his reading of Grund's Timness or if he just honestly believed that Grund was French.

I have absolutely no read on AOO, Kraegor, Lassr, or PR_GMR. All of them could be innocent or all of them could be dirty snail eaters.

Ralph probably isn't French... maybe. :P
I just thought he was playing us, especially after the two 'oops'.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Kraegor wrote:awesome we are turning into a real lynch mob.
Whoops! I forgot about Kraegor. Isn't he always guilty in these games?
hey now, i was guilty in ONE game (of five played i think)....and then well the thing game where they all conspired to "let" me win by making me watch everyone get infected and turn me last....bastards....
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

brettmcd wrote:
amusing, since it appears grund believed the same thing :lol:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Kraegor wrote:
brettmcd wrote:There is no problem so large that it cannot be solved by a liberal dosage of explosives.
amusing, since it appears grund believed the same thing :lol:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kraegor wrote:and then well the thing game where they all conspired to "let" me win by making me watch everyone get infected and turn me last....bastards....
:twisted:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

ok, wow, a lot has happened since I last checked in.

Good catch on UsulofDoom Ralph! He'd been so quiet I couldn't get a read on him. I thought it was possible he was laying low as Lancelot or Maynard and trying not to grab attention. But I now believe Maynard was taken out early in the game since he hasn't come forth yet, surely he would have ID a frenchy by now knowing who all is not french.

And Grund was Tim, no surprise. Glad he didn't waste his talent.

Now for the lynching. ArmyofOne has been on my french radar since the beginning. PR_GMR is hard to read with his posting style, and I can't get a read on Kraegor. Brett just seems to obvious as French and probably isn't.

PR_GMR is my vote since Ralph is voting that way and he nailed UsulofDoom.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

1. Mr Bubbles - Dead
2. UsulofDoom - Dead French
3. pr0ner - Dead
4. ChrisGrenard -
5. Cesare - Dead
6. Kelric -
7. brettmcd -
8. ArmyOfOne -
9. Lassr - PR_GMR
10. ezmate - Dead
11. Orinoco - Dead
12. PR_GMR -
13. Chaosraven - Dead
14. Grundbegriff - gone in a huff
15. Kraegor - PR_GMR
16. Ralph-Wiggum - PR_GMR

Players remaining 8. Majority is 5.

PR_GMR - 3
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

Follow me as I make films at: xterminatingangel.com
"Don't waste your time or time will waste you."--Muse, 'Knights Of Cydonia'
Fear the Wiki!
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Just a hunch, but I retract my vote against PR_GMR for now.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

uh oh, watch out Frenchy, Ralphie's hunching.

retract my vote for PR-GMR
ArmyOfOne

Post by ArmyOfOne »

Well I certainly didn't believe Grund was really Tim. It certainly throws most of my previous impressions of who's who out the window.

I think it's safe to say my vote hinges on Ralph's hunch.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I still think I've played this game like crap.

Lassr is my vote.

He says AOO is a big French suspect, but then he votes for PRGMR who had already amassed two votes. He then withdraws as soon as Ralph withdraws. He can't get a read on Kraegor, but then he couldn't get one on Usul either. I think Brett is Engrish and Ralph very well may be, but I'm not certain. My current suspect list is Lassr and Kraegor. Kraegor also voted for PRGMR and was the first to do so.

Grenard is now useless it seems, leaving us with two Frenchies and five Englishmen if he doesn't check in. A missed lynching here is 2/4, then 2/3 tonight, then the game is over if we miss again and Grenard still hasn't chimed in.