[WW-Monty Python]Remus' first game - END ENGLISH WIN

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Remus - could you update the thread title so people know that I new day has begun? Thanks.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:So it's down to Lassr, brettmcd, PR_GMR, and me. The obvious choice is Lassr as he didn't vote for Kraegor. The insidious choice is PR_GMR. The tricky choice is brettmcd. I'm not a choice since I know I'm English. :wink:

If PR_GMR is who he says he is, there shouldn't be any harm in lynching him.

But right now, logic tells me to go for Lassr.
Logic to me would be PR_GMR. He'll live and then the one remaining French would have to avoid killing Lancelot again. He's been lucky thus far. kill Lancelot and the game is over since he takes out the last Frenchy. The only way the French can win is if we lynch Lancelot.

Is that what you are hoping for?
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

So we think Maynard is dead or something?

And for the record, I also think we should lynch Concord, as it guarantees we don't hit Lancelot.

Unless other English people want to volunteer for lynchification, which would guarantee we can go with Ralph's plan to the very end.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

???

Are you saying that you're Lancelot? If we believe PR_GMR is telling the truth, why lynch him? That'll just give the French one free night of killing.

And why would PR_GMR tell us to kill Kraegor if he was French? Doesn't that seem odd? He could've chosen a number of other people to name. Considering that only 6 or so Englishmen were left, I would think the French would be most concerned with lasting as long as possible; giving up one Frenchie to save another doesn't seem like the best plan.

Right now I have no reason to doubt PR_GMR. And since you were the only person not to vote for Kraegor, you can see why you'd be the prime suspect, right?

edit: This post was in response to Lassr, not Grenard.
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

If you choose to lynch me, so be it! I'll gladly take the blades to prove my allegiance for Queen and Country... You shall me rise right afterwards. And someone better be there to patch me right away.

I think, at this juncture, that the dastardly French are narrowed down to Lassr and BrettMCD. Lassr is trying to cast suspicious as to my identity even though I made it quite clear. BrettMCD has been posting sparsely since the beginning of the game.. so he could be hiding his Frenchness.

ChrisGrenard is Dennis.. and just won't shut about how he's being repressed. I wish we could kill him just to stop the constant political diatribe.. but he's an Englishman regardless.

Ralph, I'm certain he's English.. due to his switch of the vote from me to Kraegor.... as he recognized my status. He wishes not to kill his own countrymen.

Alas, ArmyOfOne, I shall miss you, my Spanish-speaking, Puertorican food lover.

Kelric, I hope you come back with reinforcements.. Although, is that pee i smell in your bunk? No, it can't be.. You're too valiant for that!

(PR walks away in contemplation... eating some sancocho.)
Follow me as I make films at: xterminatingangel.com
"Don't waste your time or time will waste you."--Muse, 'Knights Of Cydonia'
Fear the Wiki!
brettmcd

Post by brettmcd »

I vote Lassr
There is no problem so large that it cannot be solved by a liberal dosage of explosives.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:???

Are you saying that you're Lancelot? If we believe PR_GMR is telling the truth, why lynch him? That'll just give the French one free night of killing.

And why would PR_GMR tell us to kill Kraegor if he was French? Doesn't that seem odd? He could've chosen a number of other people to name. Considering that only 6 or so Englishmen were left, I would think the French would be most concerned with lasting as long as possible; giving up one Frenchie to save another doesn't seem like the best plan.

Right now I have no reason to doubt PR_GMR. And since you were the only person not to vote for Kraegor, you can see why you'd be the prime suspect, right?

edit: This post was in response to Lassr, not Grenard.
No, I'm saying PR_GMR is Concorde so if we lynch him then he will get better. All we need is for the French to nail Lancelot at night and we win.

I agree it wouldn't make a lot of sense for PR_GMR to take out one of his own unless the French are desperate. It's not likely but if that was his plan and he wanted Lancelot to protect him then Lancelot would die and then he'd get to kill an English that night also. It'd be trading 2 English for one french and eliminate the one Englishman that is preventing a French victory, and that is Lancelot.

I didn't get a chance to vote for Kraegor, everyone jumped on the PR_GMR bus before I could get clarification on who PR_GMR was claiming to be.

I have no reason to doubt PR_GMR is he's claiming to be Concorde which is why voting for him keeps us from lynching a special when we are so close to victory.

Lancelot still needs to keep his identity secret so if the French chose to kill him in the night then we win.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Reading through the last two pages, it seems like you've been trying to throw out as many doubts on other people as possible, Lassr.

PR_GMR makes it obviousl that he's a special and picks Kaegor and you're the only one that doesn't get on board. Then, when we find out that Kaegor was French, you're the first to suggest that PR_GMR might be playing us all.

On top of that, you try to get PR_GMR to explain whether he's Concord, Lancelot, or Maynard. Of course that would be very useful information for the French to have since the remaining Frenchie has to avoid killing Lancelot at all costs.

Then you throw your suspicions on Kelric's claim to be Dennis. Even though we all knew there was a very high possibility that he was telling the truth (and we now know that he was telling the truth).

Of course you want us to lynch PR_GMR - that's exactly what the French would want. If he's Concord, then you know you can kill him. If he's Maynard, then you don't have to worry about being spotted out. If he's Lancelot, then you've accomplished the most important goal of killing the one person you couldn't take by yourself.

All your actions point to you being French. Right now, I'd say the odds are 85% that you're French, and 15% that brettmcd is French.

Fpr all those reasons, I'm sticking with my vote of Lassr. The onus is on you to prove that you aren't French. I think we both know what your last option is; let's see how many people believe it.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

1. Mr Bubbles - Dead
2. UsulofDoom - Dead French
3. pr0ner - Dead
4. ChrisGrenard -
5. Cesare - Dead
6. Kelric - Fled
7. brettmcd - Lassr
8. ArmyOfOne - Dead
9. Lassr - PR_GMR
10. ezmate - Dead
11. Orinoco - Dead
12. PR_GMR -
13. Chaosraven - Dead
14. Grundbegriff - gone in a huff
15. Kraegor - Dead French
16. Ralph-Wiggum - Lassr

Players remaining 5. Majority is 3.

Lassr - 2
PR_GMR - 1
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Then you throw your suspicions on Kelric's claim to be Dennis. Even though we all knew there was a very high possibility that he was telling the truth (and we now know that he was telling the truth).
For the last time, the name is Robin!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Reading through the last two pages, it seems like you've been trying to throw out as many doubts on other people as possible, Lassr.

PR_GMR makes it obviousl that he's a special and picks Kaegor and you're the only one that doesn't get on board. Then, when we find out that Kaegor was French, you're the first to suggest that PR_GMR might be playing us all.

On top of that, you try to get PR_GMR to explain whether he's Concord, Lancelot, or Maynard. Of course that would be very useful information for the French to have since the remaining Frenchie has to avoid killing Lancelot at all costs.

Then you throw your suspicions on Kelric's claim to be Dennis. Even though we all knew there was a very high possibility that he was telling the truth (and we now know that he was telling the truth).

Of course you want us to lynch PR_GMR - that's exactly what the French would want. If he's Concord, then you know you can kill him. If he's Maynard, then you don't have to worry about being spotted out. If he's Lancelot, then you've accomplished the most important goal of killing the one person you couldn't take by yourself.

All your actions point to you being French. Right now, I'd say the odds are 85% that you're French, and 15% that brettmcd is French.

Fpr all those reasons, I'm sticking with my vote of Lassr. The onus is on you to prove that you aren't French. I think we both know what your last option is; let's see how many people believe it.
I think I've added to all those accusations that it is something to think about and that I didn't believe them either. I threw out accusations against Grund but still believed he was Tim and didn't vote for him to be lynched but once I think then changed my vote. I know it looks like I'm sewing doubt on everyone but we have to be sure we lynch the right person. As I said the French can't win as long as Lancelot lives. PR-GMR is not Lancelot, at least that's not the clues he seemed to be giving.

I think the last French is either you or Brett, I'm not 100% sure so PR_GMR is the safe bet if he's Concorde.

The End. I'll await everyone else's vote.

After I'm lynched please choose wisely.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Kelric wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Then you throw your suspicions on Kelric's claim to be Dennis. Even though we all knew there was a very high possibility that he was telling the truth (and we now know that he was telling the truth).
:oops:

Sorry, dude. I blame the dime bag I stole from your friend.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kelric wrote:
Was. I did not say how far you ran. :twisted:
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

(PR peeks into the thread.. He's been walking around the camp.. thinking his vote over.)

Mmmmmmmmm.

(PR keeps looking at Lassr... then at BrettMCD.. back and forth.)

Mmmmmmmmm.

(PR walks away and eats some Arroz con Gandules y Puerco Asado.)
Fear the Wiki!
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

(PR comes back into the encampment.. with a determined look upon his face.)

There's only one way to resolve this.
WHAT WOULD JACK BAUER DO?

(PR pulls out a gun.. and aims for both brettmcd and Lassr)

(The surrouding Englishmen and peasantry wonder what the fuck is a gun.. and how the hell did PR_GMR got one during the Middle Ages... but, after all, it's a Monty Python film.)

YOU BOTH ARE GOING TO TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO KNOW.... AND YOU WILL TELL ME NOW!!

(PR drags both Brettmcd and Lassr away... he starts to 'interrogate' them... Screams of pain are heard coming from both BrettMCD and Lassr... After several hours of interrogation.. PR_GMR comes back with both BrettMCD and Lassr... They're both in rough shape.. but they're alive.)

Enough is enough...

I know who the last Frenchman is...

(PR_GMR gets on his knees. He prays.)

And that the skies might part, and the Holy Grail be confered upon us, Oh Lord, if we can weed out who this bastion of Evil is.

THE LAST FRENCHMAN IS!!!!!!!!!

(PR stands up... CUE THE THEME SONG FROM THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY)

LASSR!!!!!!!!!!!
Fear the Wiki!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

1. Mr Bubbles - Dead
2. UsulofDoom - Dead French
3. pr0ner - Dead
4. ChrisGrenard -
5. Cesare - Dead
6. Kelric - Fled
7. brettmcd - Lassr
8. ArmyOfOne - Dead
9. Lassr - PR_GMR
10. ezmate - Dead
11. Orinoco - Dead
12. PR_GMR - Lassr
13. Chaosraven - Dead
14. Grundbegriff - gone in a huff
15. Kraegor - Dead French
16. Ralph-Wiggum - Lassr

Players remaining 5. Majority is 3.

Lassr - 3
PR_GMR - 1

Voting is closed
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

They closed on him quickly. While PR_GMR pointed a stick at both brettmcd and Lassr Ralph-Wiggum took the expeditious route and cut the head from his target in one stroke. Searching the corpse of Lassr they were not even a little shocked to find.........direction for the preparation of ragoût d'agneau along with seventy three different types of cheese (none of which were the same as the ones Kraegor had possessed). There were no flags to be found on his person, though a complete search of his belongings found a book entitled comment faire un drapeau approprié de la reddition. Lassr was clearly French. It was over. The English had snached victory from the very jaws of defeat and cleverly won the day.

Congrats to the English.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Woot!

I'm going to celebrate with some bread pudding.
brettmcd

Post by brettmcd »

So who were the rest of the specials?
There is no problem so large that it cannot be solved by a liberal dosage of explosives.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Dramatis Personae:
1. Mr Bubbles - English
2. UsulofDoom - French
3. pr0ner - English
4. ChrisGrenard - Dennis
5. Cesare - Maynard
6. Kelric - Sir Robin
7. brettmcd - English
8. ArmyOfOne - English
9. Lassr - French
10. ezmate - Sir Lancelot
11. Orinoco - English
12. PR_GMR - Concorde
13. Chaosraven - English
14. Grundbegriff - Tim
15. Kraegor - French
16. Ralph-Wiggum - English

PR_GMR's whore
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

And now we celebrate..... RETURN OF THE JEDI STYLE!!!!

(PR claps his hands.. and everybody starts dancing... including a whole buncha of Ewoks, who come the fuck outta nowhere!!!)

WOOOTTTTT!!!!!

:D :D :D
Fear the Wiki!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

It was over and England was safe again......or was it.......
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Cesare was Maynard. Ouch. Good guess Frenchies.
brettmcd

Post by brettmcd »

Kelric wrote:Cesare was Maynard. Ouch. Good guess Frenchies.
Yep, losing the seer the first night was not a good thing.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

losing grund hurt us pretty bad...
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

10. ezmate - Sir Lancelot
NICE!

cant believe Concorde is what friggin broke us....WHY WOULDNT YOU (english) KILL PR_GMR!!!! i was friggin targeting him the entire game for cripes sake.

stupid english.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Huzzah!

So what are the lessons learned?

Don't base your entire strategy on the existence of a character who may have been snuffed at the game's outset.

Don't advocate killing good guys for the sake of safety when killing bad guys is the only way to make progress.

:)
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

And check out who Lancelot was: Ezmate.

We lynched Ezmate ( :oops: ) That's why we never found out who he was until the very end. If Lancelot got lynched, his identity remained secret.
Fear the Wiki!
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Evolution of a suspicion matrix:

Wed, 24 Jan (Day 2):
.;'`\.;'`\.;'`\.;'`\.;'`\.;'`\.;'`\.;'`\.;'`\
Not French: Chris Grenard, Kelric, Grundbegriff
Probably Not French: Lassr, ezmate, brettmcd, pr0ner
Unknown Ethnicity: ArmyOfOne, Kraegor, Ralph-Wiggum, PR_GMR
Probably French: Chaosraven, UsulOfDoom
French: Mr Bubbles
.;'`\.;'`\.;'`\
Fri, 26 Jan (Day 2):
Not French: Chris Grenard, Grundbegriff, Kelric
Probably Not French: brettmcd, ezmate, pr0ner, Ralph-Wiggum
Unknown Ethnicity: ArmyOfOne, Chaosraven, Kraegor, PR_GMR
Probably French: Lassr, UsulOfDoom
French: Mr Bubbles
.;'`\.;'`\.;'`\
Mon, 29 Jan (Day 3):
EnglishDead: Cesare, Orinoco, Mr Bubbles, Chaosraven
EnglishLiving: Chris Grenard, Grundbegriff, Kelric
Probably Not French: ArmyOfOne, pr0ner, Ralph-Wiggum
Unknown Ethnicity: brettmcd, Kraegor, PR_GMR
Probably French: ezmate, Lassr, UsulOfDoom
French:
.;'`\.;'`\.;'`\

Code: Select all

Cesare (Fri, 19 Jan)
    Grenard (Tue, 23 Jan)
Orinoco (Tue, 23 Jan)
    Bubbles (Fri, 26 Jan)
Chaosraven (Sun, 28 Jan)
    ezmate (Wed, 31 Jan)
pr0ner (Wed, 31 Jan)
    UsulofDoom(F)(Thu, 01 Feb)
    Kraegor(F)(Thu, 01 Feb)
ArmyOfOne (Fri, 02 Feb)
Kelric (Fri, 02 Feb)
    Lassr(F)(Fri, 02 Feb)
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

i'd say the nasty part of this game format is the quick shifts the powered players can make. certainly moves things along i s'pose.

outcomes i had hoped for:

Lynch Grund...he nukes bubbles. but nooo people had to wimp out and not hang grund....

so....again lynch grund...he nukes ezmate...but nooo ya'll had to go and hang ezmate first...

/sigh

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?! ;)
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

Remus West wrote:
PR_GMR's whore
What can I say? Standards were *extremely* low back in those days! :lol:

Here's how I found the last Frenchman was Lassr:

I skim read thru the whole thread. Ralphie was 85% sure that Lassr was French.. but Brettmcd was playing the game quiet... so I wasn't sure.

On page 2 of the thread Lassr can be seen asking Remus for clarification on how the French select their victims each night!

On a later early post, a couple of pages later, Lassr can be seen posting his list of suspicious types. Nowhere on his list does UsulofDoom and Kraegor appear!! He mentions all other players in the post except those two.

Lassr.... you left french breadcrumbs all over the thread!!
Fear the Wiki!
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Lassr.... you left french breadcrumbs all over the thread!!
I made that same mistake. I was a little too studious in my not reacting to usul and lassr. Gameplay weakness i shall improve upon, heh.
brettmcd

Post by brettmcd »

Interesting game, the whole thing about saying which special you or arent did take away from the game for me though.
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

brettmcd wrote:Interesting game, the whole thing about saying which special you or arent did take away from the game for me though.
I agree. That's why I waited until very late to the game to reveal I was Concord... and that was a last minute decision on my part, because I kept expecting to either be lynched or killed in the night and then it would have been revealed.
Fear the Wiki!
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Kraegor wrote:WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?! ;)
Heh.

Nicely played, Kraegor. I didn't know what to make of you.

Why didn't y'all kill me? You should've known I'd avoid lynchification. ;)

And what was the marathon weekend-long delay about, eh?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

PR_GMR wrote:Here's how I found the last Frenchman was Lassr:
Lassr was easy. How did you make Kraegor?
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

hehe. actually decided on chaos 2/3 on friday.

was waitin on word from usul and i wanted to wait on my vote, just in case usul said somethin to change my mind bout killin chaos.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I'm ready for another game. Someone go set one up.
brettmcd

Post by brettmcd »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Kraegor wrote:WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?! ;)
Heh.

Nicely played, Kraegor. I didn't know what to make of you.

Why didn't y'all kill me? You should've known I'd avoid lynchification. ;)

I kept trying to get you killed. Not enough people listened to me.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

shoulda tried harder brett!! i was really countin on you and ya let me down, man.

what was awesome is you kept makin my arguments for me. helped keep my hands clean in the "hang grund" debate :D