[WW]Do Overlords Dream of Electronic Sheep - Replicants Win

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

setaside

Post by setaside »

I'm definitely willing to be the one to take one for the team. This is your last freebie. Best of luck to you guys.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Before the hammer falls ...

That means that your 3 replicants are most likely in the group that voted for me. SirReal and Trikane are verified innocent. Your reps are one of Cesare, Bubbles, Zurai or Kelric (who might be trying to deflect away from himself.)

Play smart and you guys can still win.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

It's back! Big is back, because bigger is better than ever! 6000 SUX: An American Tradition!
[caption on screen says "An American Tradition. 8.2 MPG"]
2.Kelric - pr0ner
3.Trikane - setaside
4.Newcastle - setaside
6.Mr Bubbles - setaside
10.Zurai - setaside
11.SirReal - pr0ner
13.pr0ner
14.setaside
15.cesare - setaside

Nine remain. Majority is Five.

They hung him from the Taco Bell (in the future, all retaurants are Taco Bell)
FlyThru Clearance sign. The officer from OCP gave them the bad news after the DNA test. setaside was NOT a replicant

IT IS NIGHT
THE BLADERUNNER MAY PROTECT/HUNT
THE DOCTORS MAY VK
THE REPLICANTS MUST CHOOSE A VICTIM
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

1.FTWalker - Replicant (Retired)
5.st_dysan - Night Victim
7.Caine - Day Execution
8.Grundbegriff - Night Victim
9.tru1cy - Day Execution
12.Silky - Day Execution
14.setaside - Day Execution
16.LordMortis - Night Victim
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

What are we!?
Give me an F!
Give me an U!
Give me a C!
Give me a K!
Give me an E!
Give me a D!
"There is a reason people around the world eat bugs. That reason is lack of choice." - Remus West
Got a Logitech G15 or G13? Check out my plugin: http://linkdata.se/lcdsirreal.html" target="_blank
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

setaside wrote:Before the hammer falls ...

That means that your 3 replicants are most likely in the group that voted for me. SirReal and Trikane are verified innocent. Your reps are one of Cesare, Bubbles, Zurai or Kelric (who might be trying to deflect away from himself.)

Play smart and you guys can still win.
If you stick to this list you will lose.. with our voting record I highly doubt all three of the replicants are in this list.. I don't doubt that one or two are, but I highly doubt all three. Im just saying this because I don't want to lose.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Dammit. Sorry guys.. after reviewing the voting record I thought we had somebody. :(

I'll go off to die in a corner now.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

*bump* This thing fell way down. Come on lets finish this game so we can go to sleep.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Mr Bubbles wrote:*bump* This thing fell way down. Come on lets finish this game so we can go to sleep.
Chaosraven doesn't often get intarweb access until late at night.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

wow major brain fart.. we're waiting to die. My bad.
Bertrand Russell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

The city screams with sirens in the night, panic runs rampant, and the citizens bar their doors. But for one the night ends in a surreal nightmare... SirReal is killed in the night.

1.FTWalker - Replicant (Retired)
5.st_dysan - Night Victim
7.Caine - Day Execution
8.Grundbegriff - Night Victim
9.tru1cy - Day Execution
11.SirReal - Night Victim
12.Silky - Day Execution
14.setaside - Day Execution
16.LordMortis - Night Victim

2.Kelric
3.Trikane
4.Newcastle
6.Mr Bubbles
10.Zurai
13.pr0ner
15.cesare

IT IS DAY
SEVEN PLAYERS REMAIN
MAJORITY IS FOUR

VOTING NOW OPEN
"Where are you off to?"

Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Let's just get this over with. :(

I vote for pr0ner.
Trikane

Post by Trikane »

Cesare wrote:Let's just get this over with. :(

I vote for pr0ner.
Indeed, lets get it over with. *Pulls out gun and points it at Cesare*
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Trikane wrote:
Cesare wrote:Let's just get this over with. :(

I vote for pr0ner.
Indeed, lets get it over with. *Pulls out gun and points it at Cesare*
Yeah, this was inevitable.

Just so you know, I'm innocent, and if you kill me we lose.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I've been pushing for pr0ner and that hasn't worked, so Cesare.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Cesare
Hodor.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I hope we're right Cesare
Bertrand Russell
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Oddly coincidental that now pr0ner decides to come out and vote.

And that's four. Paging Chaosraven...
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Mr Bubbles
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Kelric wrote:Oddly coincidental that now pr0ner decides to come out and vote.
yeah, coincidental. -.-;;

pr0ner wins.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

at teh risk of stating the obvious: kelric, proner and mr bubbles i believe are our little ole replicants.
Trikane

Post by Trikane »

Changing vote to Mr.Bubbles. Since my partner feels fairly confident.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Trikane wrote:Changing vote to Mr.Bubbles. Since my partner feels fairly confident.
It doesn't matter. Cesare has already reached 4 votes.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Kelric wrote:
Trikane wrote:Changing vote to Mr.Bubbles. Since my partner feels fairly confident.
Indeed
Chaosraven wrote:Once majority is reached no votes may be retracted or changed.
Bertrand Russell
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I'm not a replicant, actually. Sorry!
Hodor.
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Kelric wrote:
How did I not figure you out you fucking bastard.

we all suck. we deserve to lose. I change my vote to Kelric on principle.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

The ruling is correct... majority is irreversible.

Time limit is only for lack of majority.
rule post page one wrote:Voting will be slated for a 48 hr period maximum.
Majority will be 1 more than Half the remaining players.
Once majority is reached no votes may be retracted or changed.
In the event 48hr does not obtain a Majority, player with the most votes within time limit is executed.
Weekends are to be considered extended time due to low participation and will count as one day.
"Where are you off to?"

Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Chaosraven wrote:The ruling is correct... majority is irreversible.

Time limit is only for lack of majority.
rule post page one wrote:Voting will be slated for a 48 hr period maximum.
Majority will be 1 more than Half the remaining players.
Once majority is reached no votes may be retracted or changed.
In the event 48hr does not obtain a Majority, player with the most votes within time limit is executed.
Weekends are to be considered extended time due to low participation and will count as one day.
So that's the only ending we get? What a rip off. :P
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

2.Kelric
3.Trikane
4.Newcastle
6.Mr Bubbles
10.Zurai
13.pr0ner
15.cesare

The three Replicants gleefully joined in to hang Cesare, then turned on the three remaining humans...

Trikane and Newcastle had no chance against the strength and speed of three Replicants... which left pr0ner alone searching desperately for a weapon or a way out.

The only relief he felt was the knowledge that Kelric, Mr Bubbles, and Zurai would only live for four years.

LONGER THAN YOU shouted Zurai

End film.
Roll Credits.

Replicants WIN
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Kelric wrote:So that's the only ending we get? What a rip off. :P
I suppose with only a four year lifespan you are bound to be impatient :twisted:
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Bladerunner - LordMortis
Doctor - Silky
Doctor - Grundbegriff

Original Replicants -
Kelric
FTWalker
Zurai

Revealed Replicant - Mr Bubbles

Police -
Trikane
Newcastle
"Where are you off to?"

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kelric became obvious after Caine's death but I was not around to say anything then. I think from that I could have put together Zurai but I'm not sure. Mr Bubbles I'm not sure about, though he did become a lot more active after the second replicant non kill evening.

A bunch of unfortunate early events made this game very difficult for a good guy win when it should have been pretty easy to put together pretty quickly had the luck of the draw been standard.

Sorry guys. I did what I thougth reasonable.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

LordMortis wrote:Kelric became obvious after Caine's death but I was not around to say anything then. I think from that I could have put together Zurai but I'm not sure. Mr Bubbles I'm not sure about, though he did become a lot more active after the second replicant non kill evening.

A bunch of unfortunate early events made this game very difficult for a good guy win when it should have been pretty easy to put together pretty quickly had the luck of the draw been standard.

I felt like I played the entire game poorly from the very beginning but the complete inactivity from a large part of the innocent team made that easier to overcome. I am kind of surprised that I wasn't lynched in the whole second half of that game. I basically tried to not-so-subtly spearhead as much of the lynchings as I could. Cesare must have been drunk.
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

LordMortis wrote:Kelric became obvious after Caine's death but I was not around to say anything then. I think from that I could have put together Zurai but I'm not sure. Mr Bubbles I'm not sure about, though he did become a lot more active after the second replicant non kill evening.

yeah ditto. I started to suspect Zurai but after going back over his and setaside's voting records, he seemed much cleaner than setaside. I forget which exact day it was, but he either defended an innocent or voted for a replicant.

Kelric I've falsely accused in the past, so I was mostly leaving him alone.

As for non-participation, I've been talking to a co-worker who also plays WW/mafia games online a lot, and he pointed out that all else being equal, you should always lynch quiet people. We went for Silky early, not really knowing anything about his guilt or innocence, and let quiet people slip through til the end when they weren't any help to anyone (no talking = nothing to go on). We made a big mistake killing an active participant based on nothing.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Congratulations, Nexus Squaddies!
On 27 December, I wrote:When there are three Were-replicants, it's common to have one be active, one passive, and one semi-engaged. On that model, we'd be looking at one Replicant from each of these three lists:

1. Caine, Cesare, pr0ner, Zurai
2. FTWalker, Mr Bubbles, Newcastle, setaside, tru1cy
3. SirReal, Kelric
I turned out to be correct about the tracking. However, I selected the wrong ones from each track. What I didn't count on was how very sneaky our Replicants would be. Good work.

This was the most difficult game of WW I've played; at no time did I feel confident that I was correctly reading the situation, and at certain points I was quite surprised to learn the truth.

I attribute our loss to three things: Silky's mistake, some tough breaks (such as the odds-defying death of st_dysan right off the bat), and the unusually and admirably deceptive play of the Replicant team. Imagine, piling on FTWalker like that! Disgraceful! :o

At the end of each day, I sent Chaosraven a roster in which I assigned a role to every player based on my thinking at that point. At the end of Day 2, my list went like this:

Code: Select all

REPLICANT1  = *FTWalker            (((-- Confirmed Replicant --)))
REPLICANT2  = Kelric               Something's not right.  He's more active than usual.
REPLICANT3  = tru1cy               What else could explain his oddity in this game?
REPLICANT4  = Cesare or Mr Bubbles I'd choose one of these if I were a skinjob
I correctly guessed that Mr Bubbles wasn't initially a Replicant and included him among the two I'd have recruited at that point. However, Cesare became much more active in the game and I figured incorrectly that that was a sign of his having been chosen. For that reason, and because he always seems sneaky and evil, I let Mr Bubbles off the hook.

Kelric is extremely difficult to read. By Day 3, I had persuaded myself to remove him from the Replicant list and reckon him a possible Special.

Here's what I wrote about them to Chaosraven at the end of Day 3:

Code: Select all

CITIZEN8    = Bubbles               He's too guilty-seeming to actually be guilty
DOCTOR2     = Kelric                He's something, says our gut.  Why not a Doc? 
I was surprised to learn that tru1cy was innocent. I had marked Zurai in orange a few times, but really thought he was probably innocent, so I'm surprised to learn that he was a skinjob. Nicely done!

Finally, I was shocked to learn, after my death, that Silky had been the other doctor and that he had deliberately thwarted our plan-- ensuring not only that we couldn't coordinate our VKs but also that he'd be at risk of a teamkill-- which ensued shortly thereafter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Cesare wrote:As for non-participation, I've been talking to a co-worker who also plays WW/mafia games online a lot, and he pointed out that all else being equal, you should always lynch quiet people. We went for Silky early, not really knowing anything about his guilt or innocence, and let quiet people slip through til the end when they weren't any help to anyone (no talking = nothing to go on). We made a big mistake killing an active participant based on nothing.
Quiet isn't necessarily bad. It seems a valid tactic to me. MIA makes the game essentially random which is a big boon to the wolves though. Someone who is completely MIA literally does the voting and discussion process no good. It's an anchor to the citizenry. This becomes a deadly anchor when there is a most votes time limit.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Like I told Kelric when we were discussing what to do about the FTWalker bandwagon...

Once Kelric withdrew his vote, it trapped me. I couldn't follow his lead without increasing the suspicion on me considerably. We were both hoping one of the silent ones would step up and vote for tru1cy, but obviously that didn't happen. In retrospect, sacrificing FTWalker probably won us the game. It seems to basically have given me a clean bill of health and reduced a lot of the suspicion towards Kelric as well.

We didn't plan it that way, though. We were both hoping he'd be saved deus ex machina style. We just didn't see any real viable alternatives to our actions.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

When we did the last Lars game, Crux ended up getting lynched as our last mistake simply because he had been so quiet. Always kill the silent first has been my mantra ever since. Even if I feel certain I am killing a silent innocent in the first round I would rather they die then be around to make me wonder later.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Remus West wrote:When we did the last Lars game, Crux ended up getting lynched as our last mistake simply because he had been so quiet. Always kill the silent first has been my mantra ever since. Even if I feel certain I am killing a silent innocent in the first round I would rather they die then be around to make me wonder later.
I second guess myself too easily there. That's why I like the bantering and moving around and don't really like charges much less leading them. The best game for the citizens is the bluffing game where votes bring someone on the verge and then pull them off so after the fact you can watch how they act and react. If they aren't protecting their own, great, then they aren't influencing the vote. The best you can hope for in a random game. If they are influencing the vote then hopefully they will give tells. This also goes for game discussion as well. By allowing players to remain silent you are allowing people to hide thier tells.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Zurai wrote:Like I told Kelric when we were discussing what to do about the FTWalker bandwagon...

Once Kelric withdrew his vote, it trapped me. I couldn't follow his lead without increasing the suspicion on me considerably. We were both hoping one of the silent ones would step up and vote for tru1cy, but obviously that didn't happen. In retrospect, sacrificing FTWalker probably won us the game. It seems to basically have given me a clean bill of health and reduced a lot of the suspicion towards Kelric as well.

We didn't plan it that way, though. We were both hoping he'd be saved deus ex machina style. We just didn't see any real viable alternatives to our actions.
I had hoped that with me jumping on the FTWalker bandwagon early that would have deflect a lot of the suspicion. The non participants I think really lost the game for the innocents. The accuasations were pretty far off except this one
setaside wrote:Your reps are one of Cesare, Bubbles, Zurai or Kelric (who might be trying to deflect away from himself.)
This one got me worried, but of course the cushion was non existent and when the accusations got thrown out by Cesare and Trikane it was in the bag.
Bertrand Russell