[WW] Lupus Prime

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Chaosraven

[WW] Lupus Prime

Post by Chaosraven »

The Lupus Prime had awakened the sleeping crew to respond to a distress signal. Of unknown origin and without translation, the Ship had registered the transmission and relegated it to distress status as the closest approximation.

The dessicated remains from what might have been an escape pod had been returned to the Prime and placed under quarantine for study upon their return to Alpha Prime Starbase.

What happened next caught the entire crew by surprise... the remains burst open and three scuttling creatures escaped through the air ducts. The search was fruitless, the creatures had eluded capture.

That evening, three of the crew were startled awake to find these beasts in their rooms... and were powerless to stop them from burrowing into them, bonding with their spinal cord and devouring their minds.

These three new husks knew they would have to eliminate the remainder of the crew before their bodies began to show deterioration and give away their true nature.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

3 Husks : allowed PM communication during Day and Night cycles. Choose a victim during Night Cycle to kill.

Captain : allowed Day Cycle Computer Access - Y/N question as to the identity of one living player (is X a HUSK)

Science Officer : allowed 3 Night Cycle Lab Access - X question as to the identity of one dead player (what was X?)

Communications : 2 players allowed to PM each other during Day Cycle Only

Security Officer : allowed to choose one OTHER player to protect from Husk each Night Cycle, never the same player twice in a row. If killed by Husk will kill one Husk at Random at same time.

Android : allowed 3 Night Cycle Computer Access - Y/N question as to the identity of one living player (is X a Y). If attacked by the Husks will become inert and nonliving status revealed.

Each other member of the crew not mentioned above will have 2 abilities.
First, each Day one of the remaining crew will randomly be assigned Computer Access or Lab Access, one person per Day.
Second : all members of the crew not listed above can send a Bulletin Board Message through the computer once per night cycle. These are to be sent to the game moderator who will then assign Pseudo Logins that will not change for the duration of the game. Up to half will be posted come Day Cycle as the DAILY PRIME BBS.
EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE

Danger Will Robinson, Error Detected. Rule Change Has Eradicated This Confirmation
Of the remaining crew, one will be a TRAITOR that has decided the profit involved in returning with the Husks intact is of more interest than the lives of his crewmates. He will win with the Husks if they can overpower the remaining crew.

all members of the crew can send a Bulletin Board Message through the computer once per night cycle. These are to be sent to the game moderator who will then assign Pseudo Logins that will not change for the duration of the game. Up to half will be posted come Day Cycle as the DAILY PRIME BBS.

DAY CYCLE:
DAILY PRIME BBS posted
Captain may request Access
If Random crewmate given Computer Access, that player may request Access
Vote for Execution (Majority rules, votes allowed to change UNTIL majority reached, in the event of even number of players first player to reach half qualifies as majority)
edit: Note that Day Answers come after Voting before Execution
Execution. Results of execution will NOT be revealed by execution.

NIGHT CYCLE:
Husks choose victim
Security Officer may choose to protect
Science Officer may request Lab Access
Android may request Computer Access
If Random crewmate given Lab Access, that player may request Access
Bulletins allowed within time span.
Edit: Night Answers will be sent as BBS is posted (ending night, starting day)

If the Husks kill a player during the Night, any activity that player was involved in will fail (no answer no bulletin)

In the event a Night Cycle is only waiting for Bulletins, there will be a 16 hour window, after which the Pseudo will not post a bulletin for that Night.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Kelric

Post by Kelric »

:binky:
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

In.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

In
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

Alright - stop twisting my arm! I'm in I tell you!!! :P
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Kelric wrote::binky:
Is this kelric requesting to be the first victim?

:twisted:

"Where are you off to?"

gbasden

Post by gbasden »

In!
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Eww - zombie double post!
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

In
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
rdm

Post by rdm »

In.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

In.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Chaosraven wrote:
Kelric wrote::binky:
Is this kelric requesting to be the first victim?

:twisted:

1. NoxiousDog
2. Grundbegriff
3. Orinoco
4. Gbasden
5. Mr Bubbles
6. rdm
That's me being in.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

1. Kelric
2. NoxiousDog
3. Grundbegriff
4. Orinoco
5. Gbasden
6. Mr Bubbles
7. rdm
8. Remus West
9. pr0ner
"Where are you off to?"

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

In, of course.
Hodor.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Chaosraven wrote:1. Kelric
2. NoxiousDog
3. Grundbegriff
4. Orinoco
5. Gbasden
6. Mr Bubbles
7. rdm
8. Remus West
I'm #1! I'm #1! I'm #1!
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Kelric wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:1. Kelric
2. NoxiousDog
3. Grundbegriff
4. Orinoco
5. Gbasden
6. Mr Bubbles
7. rdm
8. Remus West
I'm #1! I'm #1! I'm #1!
Looks like we got our first victim
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I'll play if room
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Im in
SpaceLord

Post by SpaceLord »

Lupus?!?!?!?!? Is it lupus?!?!?!

They're going to send you back to mother in a cardboard box...
Caine

Post by Caine »

wth, in for a dime, in for a dollar.

i always wanted to be dallas. bitchin moustache ftw!
WRecently WRisen from the gwave.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Chaosraven wrote:Second : all members of the crew not listed above can send a Bulletin Board Message through the computer once per night cycle. These are to be sent to the game moderator who will then assign Pseudo Logins that will not change for the duration of the game. They will be posted come Day Cycle as the DAILY PRIME BBS.
Seeking clarification:
  • a non-Special player who hasn't received a random lab or computer assignment may send a message to the Moderator for posting.
  • The Moderator will anonymize that message and post it (as from an alias) in the morning bulletin alongside any other such messages.
  • Once the Mod has assigned an alias to that player, messages from that player will always be posted under that alias.
  • Nobody has to send a message for the BBS.
Are these four points correct?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grund, I believe you are correct as your post is in line with discussions Raven and I have had about this style of game. He will not be online until after 5 to check this though so you'll need to wait for official word.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Chaosraven, I bet unicornpoint would rig up a forum for us if you want. I'll ask her when she's back from lunch. That would automate the whole BBS thing, unless you want to mod it.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

HALmother wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote: Seeking clarification:

* a non-Special player who hasn't received a random lab or computer assignment may send a message to the Moderator for posting.
Correct, as the person to receieve the First Ability (random assignment) will be a Special for that "round"
ALL PLAYERS MAY SEND BBS DUE TO RULE MODIFICATION

* The Moderator will anonymize that message and post it (as from an alias) in the morning bulletin alongside any other such messages.
Correct.

* Once the Mod has assigned an alias to that player, messages from that player will always be posted under that alias.
Correct.

* Nobody has to send a message for the BBS.
Correct.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Oh, and I think I need to clarify those with "limited" abilities.

Science Officer: that's 3 access per game under special ability.
Android: that's 3 access per game under special ability.

*NOT* per cycle...
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

noxiousdog wrote:Chaosraven, I bet unicornpoint would rig up a forum for us if you want. I'll ask her when she's back from lunch. That would automate the whole BBS thing, unless you want to mod it.
Hmmm... how would that work? I'm trying to keep the BBS posted as one lump rather than bit by bit (no pun intended)

Kind of a Morning News by the crew, filled with truth, gossip, and nonsense, potentially.
"Where are you off to?"

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Chaosraven wrote:
noxiousdog wrote:Chaosraven, I bet unicornpoint would rig up a forum for us if you want. I'll ask her when she's back from lunch. That would automate the whole BBS thing, unless you want to mod it.
Hmmm... how would that work?
Your morning BBS sounds more like single compilation post material. However, UnicornPoint's forum might be a good venue for the Husks to confer, provided there's a security option to prevent snooping.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

1. Kelric
2. NoxiousDog
3. Grundbegriff
4. Orinoco
5. Gbasden
6. Mr Bubbles
7. rdm
8. Remus West
9. pr0ner
10. tru1cy
11. Genghis
12. Kane
13. Newcastle
14. Padre

(I'm assuming Spacelord was simply injecting random silly)

I'm hoping to fill the crew with 15 (or 16)

"Where are you off to?"

noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Chaosraven wrote:
Hmmm... how would that work? I'm trying to keep the BBS posted as one lump rather than bit by bit (no pun intended)

Kind of a Morning News by the crew, filled with truth, gossip, and nonsense, potentially.
Ah. Ok. If that's the case there wouldn't be much point.
Black Lives Matter

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

If the offer is still standing for the next time I set up a game I'd love to make a way to incorporate it... maybe a Secret Society Meeting Hall... mmmm maybe Paranoia...
"Where are you off to?"

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

ok gonna pop my cherry on this one....am in...and look forward to be screaming crew mate number 13...such a lovely and lucky number!!
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Question though...the bulletin board...what is it's purpose...simply the ability to make an announcement anonymously? So, if I had lab acces for a day, i can say, that Joe X was checked out and he is not a husk? I have followed these games up before, but not sure the implications of this aspect.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

The message that comes up on the BBS can be true, false, random, or specious speculation. It will be a way to get a semi-anonymous message out to everyone. Or just spam.
"Where are you off to?"

Padre

Post by Padre »

Oh, all right. In.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Will the computer or lab access reveal everyones role..ie android, traitor, captain...or simply if they are human or husk?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Newcastle wrote:Will the computer or lab access reveal everyones role..ie android, traitor, captain...or simply if they are human or husk?
Day Cycle Computer Access (captain, random crew): "Is X a Husk?" about a living player.

Night Cycle Lab Access (science officer, random crew):"What was X" will reveal Role of Dead player

Night Cycle Computer Access (android): "Is X a Y?" will answer the Name Role question as Yes/No regarding a living player.

Note: if the Husks kill the object of the Androids question the Answer will come before the player is killed (i.e. no longer living and therefore not a viable target)
"Where are you off to?"

ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

FYI
<--
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Oh shucky darn. I was going to jump in on this one and it's all fully. Bummer drag, man.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

It is?

I thought ChrisGrenard was pointing to the "it's not Lupus" quote
"Where are you off to?"