2024 Fundraising - $1102 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Good platform games for pc?

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Vinda-Lou

Good platform games for pc?

Post by Vinda-Lou »

I've been in the mood for a good platform-type game lately. I remember playing one of the 3d Rayman games years ago, the one with a water-skiing-type level. It was pretty fun.

Are there any good, current platform games out now for the pc?
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

Megaman X5
Alice
Duke Nukem Manhatten something or other :idea:
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
Creepy_Smell

Post by Creepy_Smell »

http://www.chroniclogic.com/index.htm?gish.htm

I never played it, but I remember hearing good things about Gish.
Veloxi

Post by Veloxi »

Creepy_Smell wrote:http://www.chroniclogic.com/index.htm?gish.htm

I never played it, but I remember hearing good things about Gish.
Gish is a fantastic game. One of the best "platform" style games I ever played on the PC was Rayman 3 many years ago, though I hear the latest Prince of Persia games are very good.
Amalzain

Duke Nukem Manhattan Project

Post by Amalzain »

i'll second the vote for Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project. It's a 2-D platformer in a 3-D environment. Lots of fun to blast through things and find all the bonuses. It'll probably take about 10-15 hours to run through it (but you can get it for $10 or less), but there's a bit of replay value if you're a 'gotta get-em all' type.
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

...and still has that certain 'Duke' attitude to it.
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
Vinda-Lou

Post by Vinda-Lou »

Thanks for the tips. You know I saw Duke at EB a while back for 10 bucks, and now I'm hoping it's still there.
Noman

Post by Noman »

Rayman 2, Beyond Good and Evil and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time are all absolutely brilliant platform games on PC.

The new Prince of Persia game (Warrior Within) seems to play fine as well (same amount of quality puzzles but better combat) except that it has very disappointing art direction, music, voice acting and dialogues. I'll eventually pick it up once it hits bargain bin.
Vinda-Lou

Post by Vinda-Lou »

How was The Hobbit? I know it's probably just loosely based on the book, but how is it as a game?
Tim Frederick

Post by Tim Frederick »

The Prince of Persia games are basciall platform games. Go with those.
Huw the Poo

Post by Huw the Poo »

This may not be quite what you're after, but consider Wik and the Fable of Souls - it's a brilliant shareware platform/puzzler. Addictive as hell.
EddieA

Post by EddieA »

"How was The Hobbit? I know it's probably just loosely based on the book, but how is it as a game?"
I'm playing it now on the XBox and really enjoying it. It's a standard platformer with lots of collecting, but the graphics are very nice and colorful, and it has a few RPG-style elements, such as collecting "experience" to get more health, and numerous "quests" to accomplish. It also looks like it's going to be pretty long for a platformer.