2024 Fundraising - $1102 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Molyneux gets an OBE

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Huw the Poo

Molyneux gets an OBE

Post by Huw the Poo »

Peter Molyneux is to receive an OBE. Story is here
moss_icon

Post by moss_icon »

maybe he will make a game about it.
moth moth moth brown moth
Ummagumma

Post by Ummagumma »

The Molyneux Method of game creation is great. Announce a huge, revolutionary game that promises to break all the paradigms of gaming, and then apologize profusely after it's released.

Of course, I hope I'm dead wrong with The Movies.
Kael

Post by Kael »

In all fairness thats only the past two games. He definitly has some gaming greatness in his background. He just can't seem to live up to it lately.

Hint to Molyneux: Just make Dungeon Keeper 3 you crazy brit!
godhugh
Forum Admin

Post by godhugh »

I'd rather somebody shoot for the moon and come up short then play it safe (EA Sports, I'm looking at you) all the time.
To my Wife:

"Life's only life with you in this song" -Whistles the Wind, Flogging Molly

Not to my Wife:

- "When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for his life."
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Funny, the BBC article I read included Homeworld and Republic in that list. Guess they made the correction pretty quickly. They do kind of sound like games Peter would make.

Ale
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Ummagumma wrote:The Molyneux Method of game creation is great. Announce a huge, revolutionary game that promises to break all the paradigms of gaming, and then apologize profusely after it's released.

Of course, I hope I'm dead wrong with The Movies.
That's what I was hoping about Fable. Glad I let other people test it for me.

After B & W I'll never buy another Molyneux game without waiting for others to road-test it.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I'm really hoping B&W 2 is good. Whenever it comes out.

But here, here for a Dungeon Keeper 3!
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

I feel bad for him, actually. He has an enthusiasm, and I'm sure that he wants to put all these ideas in, but he just can't due to dev cycles and other circumstances. It's kind of sad, and it has to be disheartening for him to have that reputation.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

My favorite Bullfrog game was "Hi-Octane". That game got years of play from my friends and I. We all thought it absolutely rocked! A racing game with guns that looked stunning, supported resolutions that no computer could run until a couple years later, ran smooth as butter, never crashed, was exciting to play, good play-balancing, and had great sound effects. And you could even catch some air!

Nowadays I'm sure there's better stuff, but for years, nothing could touch this game for pure racing-with-guns excitement. And yet nobody had ever heard of it really. I think it was circa 1996, but I'm not positive
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd