tesla motors

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: tesla motors

Post by Zaxxon »

I've used Discount Tire and a mobile service that comes to me.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

For the record, and to address your puck comment specifically, they didn't put it up on the lift. They used floor jacks. They handled it, but weren't particularly prepared for it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

Zaxxon wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:22 pm I'm starting to think your service center is worse than average. :) To start, you shouldn't even have that telemetry. They should have had it set to service mode after you left. Our center also reverts that and lets you pick up before they've sent the invoice.

None of this changes the fact that your experience is unacceptable; it's just amusing to me.
It was In Service mode the whole time. Maybe there was a change. I had no control over the car but I could see what was happening. My tesla bot in Telegram was pinging me updates which is how I knew about activity. :)

Notice the 5:23 PM entry. I 'convinced them' to enter the paperwork.

Code: Select all

tesla, [3/31/2022 9:56 AM]
Tesla driver is present: false

tesla, [3/31/2022 9:58 AM]
Tesla driver is present: true

tesla, [3/31/2022 10:00 AM]
Tesla state changed from online to driving

tesla, [3/31/2022 10:01 AM]
Tesla state changed from driving to online

tesla, [3/31/2022 10:16 AM]

tesla, [3/31/2022 10:27 AM]

tesla, [3/31/2022 11:08 AM]

tesla, [3/31/2022 11:10 AM]

tesla, [3/31/2022 11:19 AM]

tesla, [3/31/2022 11:20 AM]

tesla, [3/31/2022 5:23 PM]

Tesla state changed from suspended to driving

tesla, [3/31/2022 5:24 PM]

Tesla driver is present: false[/quote]
Last edited by malchior on Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Zaxxon wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:41 pm I've used Discount Tire and a mobile service that comes to me.
This is my plan. They were one of my calls last week. They are pretty much next to the Tesla Service Center and get a lot of the overflow. They unfortunately can't get parts.
telcta

Post by telcta »

malchior wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:06 pm
Zaxxon wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:41 pm I've used Discount Tire and a mobile service that comes to me.
This is my plan. They were one of my calls last week. They are pretty much next to the Tesla Service Center and get a lot of the overflow. They unfortunately can't get parts.
I see we have one in our State, along the shore which is near our service center in Milford, I’ll look into them. Thanks.

It’s time to start thinking about tire replacements too.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

malchior wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:05 pm
Zaxxon wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:22 pm I'm starting to think your service center is worse than average. :) To start, you shouldn't even have that telemetry. They should have had it set to service mode after you left. Our center also reverts that and lets you pick up before they've sent the invoice.

None of this changes the fact that your experience is unacceptable; it's just amusing to me.
It was In Service mode the whole time. Maybe there was a change. I had no control over the car but I could see what was happening. My tesla bot in Telegram was pinging me updates which is how I knew about activity. :)

Notice the 5:23 PM entry. I 'convinced them' to enter the paperwork.

Code: Select all

tesla, [3/31/2022 9:56 AM]

tesla, [3/31/2022 9:58 AM]

tesla, [3/31/2022 10:00 AM]

tesla, [3/31/2022 10:01 AM]

tesla, [3/31/2022 10:16 AM]

tesla, [3/31/2022 10:27 AM]

tesla, [3/31/2022 11:10 AM]

tesla, [3/31/2022 11:19 AM]

tesla, [3/31/2022 11:20 AM]

Tesla state changed from suspended to driving

Tesla driver is present: false[/quote]
[/quote]

Interesting. I know Service mode has paused TeslaFi updates in the past. Maybe that's changed.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Both TeslaFi and my home rolled Teslamate were getting API updates. I'll also say that node-red connected into the TeslaMate stack is pure *bad ass*. It is configured to subscribe to a MQTT queue to grab the same API messages that Teslamate uses and can orchestrate/compute things, have dashboards, etc. This took me about an hour to set up (they have nice docker containers for everything). It's the 'basic uncustomized' feature set but I was getting notifications pushed to me from the car the whole service visit.
telcta

Post by telcta »

I picture my Dad reading what you wrote above and just be in total amazement at how far technology has come. He just dropped off his car at the corner mechanic and waited for a phone call that his car was ready. I love this time we are in, I just wish I was 30 years younger to see where all this will go.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Awesome, malchior.
malchior

Post by malchior »

So I had a fun discussion with the Uber driver on the way to get my car. He said he drives someone down to Tesla about every day. He leans in Zaxxon's direction that this service center is worse than normal and said he has a couple of customers who now use the one slightly further away in Springfield, NJ. I'll have to figure out how to make that happen if I need service in the future.

On another note, they scratched the car which just pisses me off. It isn't worth fighting over and no one was there to talk to. I snapped a photo and had taken photos the day I dropped it off so I could try to push on it. However, it's a minor scratch and some white paint transfer at the corner of the bumper by the headlight. I've got touch up paint on the way. It's just aggravating.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I live in the freaking woods and have less problems with animals crawling into my car. Weird. :lol: I do suddenly have a carpenter ant problem which isn't ideal so ya.. Maybe my house will just fall over and I'll finally give up. :P
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Dat drone pilot, tho...

stessier

Post by stessier »

I just learned I am going on a 2-week vacation this summer in our Mach E. While I can use Electrify America for all of my fast charging needs, I wanted to have a Tesla Tap for hotel charging (just in case). I found this one at Lowes - any reason to look elsewhere?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I've heard that that one works fine, but have no direct experience with it.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

One of my coworkers is trying to scare me. He mentioned some youtube video he watched where a model 3 had issues with the door handle and it was several thousand dollars to repair out of warranty. I'm skeptical as the model 3 door handles are simple levers, how can any repair cost that much? On the other hand, as I have less than 4 months left on my warranty, I am thinking about replacing the car. Based on what Carvana is offering I can get an upgrade to AWD with the downgrade of losing EAP and FSD for about $15k, closer to $12k if Tesla will match their offer on a trade-in. I could also look at other EVs, but it seems at this point the wait for those might be even longer, and they aren't Teslas.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Model S handles aren't that expensive, and they're the 'problem' ones.

That said, I've started thinking about what to do when our X hits its end of comprehensive warranty next year. I've heard good things about this place but haven't looked too deeply yet.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Zaxxon wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:03 am I've heard good things about this place but haven't looked too deeply yet.
Amusingly, their main office is 9 miles from my house. I am generally against extended warranty as it's generally a bad bet. It can be useful for people that aren't prepared for an unexpected expense, but generally profitable for the warranty company, you know, since that is their business model. :P
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Hodor.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

"crashed" is kind of loaded term for that interaction, but yes the owner is a dumbass.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

'Smart' Summon is anything but, and my experience has revealed that owners that use it for more than a party trick trend the same way.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

malchior wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:31 am Ugh. My windshield wipers failed on my Tesla last week. Mobile service just came out and ... a critter got up into the hood area and chewed the front harness of the car. God damn it. This is the third car this has happened to. I've cut trees, I've had exterminators nuke the land with poison, I've put up owls, I've put up sonic traps, and the damn things always crawl up into the most expensive car in the driveway. I had a fear that was what happened even since I had the wiring harness chewed on the car I traded in for the Tesla.

I've got to rethink some things. We've been thinking hard about leaving NJ for awhile so we have to decide that and if we stay then maybe I'll convert the garbage back from a gym to a garage space. That unfortunately will require me to move the ev charger. The whole thing stinks.
I think you've cursed me. I have never ever had a problem with rodents but this year my car started shaking over the winter. I had assumed it was a pothole knocking something off like a engine mount but I discovered this week when I turned my heat completely off, the shaking goes away. I haven't yet ripped out blower, but the most probable problem with blower going bad... Mice finding a home in it to keep warm.

You! It's all your fault!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Occasionally on my Model S, when you floor it from a standstill you will get an animation. Not on the big screen but on the driver's console. So far I have seen a jet plane flying across and the go lights of a drag race.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
telcta

Post by telcta »

LordMortis wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:54 pm
malchior wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:31 am Ugh. My windshield wipers failed on my Tesla last week. Mobile service just came out and ... a critter got up into the hood area and chewed the front harness of the car. God damn it. This is the third car this has happened to. I've cut trees, I've had exterminators nuke the land with poison, I've put up owls, I've put up sonic traps, and the damn things always crawl up into the most expensive car in the driveway. I had a fear that was what happened even since I had the wiring harness chewed on the car I traded in for the Tesla.

I've got to rethink some things. We've been thinking hard about leaving NJ for awhile so we have to decide that and if we stay then maybe I'll convert the garbage back from a gym to a garage space. That unfortunately will require me to move the ev charger. The whole thing stinks.
I think you've cursed me. I have never ever had a problem with rodents but this year my car started shaking over the winter. I had assumed it was a pothole knocking something off like a engine mount but I discovered this week when I turned my heat completely off, the shaking goes away. I haven't yet ripped out blower, but the most probable problem with blower going bad... Mice finding a home in it to keep warm.

You! It's all your fault!
You know, that could just simply be debris in the blower. Right under the cabin filter (in our Honda CR-V) is the intake blower and I had a nest of mice above the filter. Unbeknownst to me, the technician who replaced the filter ended up dropping debris into the blower which I never knew about. When I had the fan on, there was a vibration that I couldn’t figure out.

Recently, I had changed the cabin filter myself and put a scope down into the blower and noticed the debris, after I vacuumed out the blower all was well. I had first thought the blower may have been going bad.
telcta

Post by telcta »

Jaymann wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:18 pm Occasionally on my Model S, when you floor it from a standstill you will get an animation. Not on the big screen but on the driver's console. So far I have seen a jet plane flying across and the go lights of a drag race.
I did not buy the performance version of the Model 3 but recently I’ve been seeing the red line under Dual Motor and I see a Track Mode option on my settings. I’m tempted to play around with that feature but I just have the 18” wheels and normal brake pads. I have no badge on the trunk, opted not to have it installed when that came in so no one knows the kind of car I have.

I have not seen any animation when I take off from a standstill so that’s probably specific to the S. I did some drag race videos of the Plaid that shows an animation on launch , I thought that was really cool.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

telcta wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:20 pm You know, that could just simply be debris in the blower. Right under the cabin filter (in our Honda CR-V) is the intake blower and I had a nest of mice above the filter. Unbeknownst to me, the technician who replaced the filter ended up dropping debris into the blower which I never knew about. When I had the fan on, there was a vibration that I couldn’t figure out.

Recently, I had changed the cabin filter myself and put a scope down into the blower and noticed the debris, after I vacuumed out the blower all was well. I had first thought the blower may have been going bad.
This is all something I will be learning about in the near future. The hope is that it is just mouse bedding that got knocked loose when I hit a pothole and there is debris than can be cleaned. Youtube makes it look like simple DIY on my model but I'm still not going to work on it until I know I can be sans ride for a few days if I screw it up.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jaymann wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:18 pm Occasionally on my Model S, when you floor it from a standstill you will get an animation. Not on the big screen but on the driver's console. So far I have seen a jet plane flying across and the go lights of a drag race.
Because that's the perfect time to distract the driver.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Hey all - potentially a dumb question. My MIL just bought a Model Y, and I was thinking it would be nice if she could use my J1772 level 2 charger. Has anyone used an adaptor? I see them advertised, but I wasn't sure if they worked well or were a hazard. I've got a 50A circuit putting out 40A of power, if it matters.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

It'll work fine. I charged my first 3 nightly on a JuiceBox for a year with no issues and use the adapter for Chargepoint (mostly) stations all the time. Just make sure she has the adapter. It has always come with the cars, but just mentioning it in case that's changed recently.
telcta

Post by telcta »

My understanding about the adapter is that it can support up to 80a but you won’t see that in level two chargers. I use the adapter about 90% of the time and had no issues in the past 3.5 years.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

And if I'd read the text on the link I posted, I'd know that it confirms that all Teslas still come with the adapter.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Can confirm that my Model 3 (picked up on 30 December 21) came with a J1772, and I use it 20 times a month with no issues.

I can also confirm that I've never filled my battery with the wrong kind of electrons.
A King Soopers gas station in the town of Bennett put diesel fuel in the unleaded tanks causing a lot of problems for cars. Many cars began to break down and stall as they drove away.

The customers were told that an investigation was ongoing and an insurance company would be in contact with them.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

The Meal wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:49 pm Can confirm that my Model 3 (picked up on 30 December 21) came with a J1772, and I use it 20 times a month with no issues.

I can also confirm that I've never filled my battery with the wrong kind of electrons.
A King Soopers gas station in the town of Bennett put diesel fuel in the unleaded tanks causing a lot of problems for cars. Many cars began to break down and stall as they drove away.

The customers were told that an investigation was ongoing and an insurance company would be in contact with them.
No new engine for you!
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Beware Tesla owners....someone could steal your car even if you are miles away from it.

Researchers Break Into a Tesla and Drive Away Using Bluetooth Vulnerability
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

My Bluetooth is not connected and now it never will be.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

This is a relay attack, and as such the attacker needs to have a device near your previously-authenticated phone key while simultaneously being at your car.

It's a lot easier to just steal a conventional vehicle.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Back to the well:

The company announced Friday that its board approved a 3-for-1 stock split, its first split since August 2020.The split would need to be approved by shareholders at the company's annual meeting in August.

Tesla (TSLA) closed Friday at a little over $696 per share.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

And an answer to why Musk has been cozying up to certain politicians:

MYT
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:35 am And an answer to why Musk has been cozying up to certain politicians:

The replies to that tweet are crazy. Pretty much all unanimous rejection of the data presented.
Hodor.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

This is why I don't pay for/use ADAS.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter