2024 Fundraising - $1001 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Clive Barker's TORTURED SOULS figures F/S

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

JSHAW

Clive Barker's TORTURED SOULS figures F/S

Post by JSHAW »

I've got a complete set of series 1 Tortured Souls figures for sale.

The set is 6 figures, which were bought for $9.99 each. Round off that figure with sales tax and it's an even $60.00

I'm looking to sale all 6 for $40.00 and I'll pay for shipping.

As a bonus item I'll throw in the HellRaiser Cenobite puzzle box.
This is the puzzle cube that looks like the one from the movie, except you won't be able to summon up PinHead and others with it. :lol:

The top of the cube slides open and can be used to store loose change, car keys, whatever you can fit inside it. The top slides back and it's kinda difficult to figure out where the opening is unless you look at it up close.

If you go to this link http://www.spawn.com/features/torturedsouls/ you'll see pictures of all 6 figures.

All of my figures are still in their blister pack unopened and in mint condition.

Contained within each package is an individual chapter of the SIX DESTINIES; a six part Clive Barker novella that explores the legacy of Primordium and the depths of each Tortured Soul. By collecting all six figures you will have the complete story.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Wow... These would be a great cute and cuddly gift for my son this year. Hmmm... maybe not. :P
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

Wow... These would be a great cute and cuddly gift for my son this year. Hmmm... maybe not
YES, especially if you want him to have nightmares and wind up in therapy by the 1st grade. :lol:
Holman

Post by Holman »

Those are some pretty tortured-looking souls, for sure!

I'm not interested in buying them (sorry!), but I have questions just the same. Are they related to some Barker story I've missed? He's been moving away from gothic megahorror lately--these seem like creatures from his Hellraiser days.

What's the backstory?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

I wish I could answer your question with the right answers but I don't know the specific reasons behind the Tortured Souls backstory.

It's possible that the novella for Tortured Souls was created specifically to be used as a marketing tool to get Clive Barker fans to buy the figures so they could read the included parts of the story with each figure.

I was reading some interviews Clive Barker did on a website this weekend in preparing to post about the figures. From everything I read there is a backstory on Primordium and there's possibly some script work being done on trying to bring a Tortured Souls movie into being made.

Having just gone to IMDB, internet movie database I've found this plot summary to the movie that's possibly going to be released in 2005.

Tortured Souls-Animae Damnatae:
Based on the gruesome novella Clive Barker wrote especially for Todd McFarlane's disturbing action figure line, Tortured Souls is the story of six Cenobite-like creatures: Agonistes, a transformer of people into monsters who may be a creation of God; the Scyther-Meister, an assassin created by Agonistes to bring a corrupt empire to its knees; Lucidique, the daughter of a slain senator who is strangely falling in love with the Scythe-Meister; Talisac, a twisted doctor who has impregnated and attached himself to a strange machine; Venal Anatomica, a hulking assassin with an inhuman bloodlust; and Mongroid, Talisac's soon-to-be born child with a huge mouth in his stomach.

Summary written by Will

Based on the line of action figures, Tortured Souls is about a man who ditches his boring wife for a demon goddess from another world. This, of course, leaves the wife rotting in a demonic universe filled with monsters. She has to escape, find her husband and child, and rescue them from the evil goddess.

Anything else you need to know you can probably find by going to Google and looking for it.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Thanks!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.