Spill the wine, take that cavegirl

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kraken

Spill the wine, take that cavegirl

Post by Kraken »

Fermented beverages may date to 7000 BC

This story supports the hypothesis that humans developed agriculture, and by extension civilization, to facilitate making sacred mind-altering intoxicants and hallucinogens. The idea that plant cultivation began as a sacred act is intriguing.
WASHINGTON -- The Chinese were consuming fermented beverages, possibly wine, as long as 9,000 years ago, scientists say.

Early evidence of beer and wine had been traced to the ancient Middle East. But the new discovery indicates that the Chinese may have been making their drinks even earlier.

''Fermented beverages are central to a lot of our religions, social relations, medicine, in many cultures around the world," said Patrick E. McGovern of the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology.

These drinks ''have played key roles in the development of human culture and technology, contributing to the advance and intensification of agriculture, horticulture, and food-processing technologies," he reported.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Mind altering drugs are good. Especially when food is scarce; it helps you forget you're hungry.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

I wager this turns into a Quinn discussion by the 10th post.

:P
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Exodor wrote:I wager this turns into a Quinn discussion by the 10th post.
Not likely outside of the R&P forum. In EBG, it is more likely to die of neglect shortly after The Meal comments that science is interesting. :wink:
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I like the thread title; but there's probably only 10 people here that know what you're making reference to. :)

Quinn in ten? Please. If we wanted, we could have turned this in ONE post.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Mr. Sparkle

Post by Mr. Sparkle »

I bet it was still used to get the cavegirl drunk and stick it in her butt.

Somethings never change.
My blog: Chimpanzee Tea Party

"Osama Bin Laden can suck my insouciance." -Kung Fu Monkey
WAW

Post by WAW »

I would be very thankful to God for some 1st rate hash right now. From the thread title I thought it would be about long haired leaping gnomes. :D
You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton. I never saved anything for the swim back!
WW
Kadoth Nodens

Post by Kadoth Nodens »

Mr. Sparkle wrote:I bet it was still used to get the cavegirl drunk and stick it in her butt.

Somethings never change.
First you get the liquor, then you get the power, then you get the women, then you get to give the liquor to the women, then you get to . . . .