Plans for the weekend?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LordMortis

Plans for the weekend?

Post by LordMortis »

I have a pretty crappy boring weekend planned. :( I figure I am exhausted and will sleep away my Friday and my companies Xmas party is tomorrow. That leaves Sunday for housework. Add to this burden that I have been trying to move back into cheap sumbitch mode of living and life is sad.

How very crappy. I need to live vacariously through someone else this weekend.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

I used to party alot. But that got boring. Now I just sit at home and watch TV. It sucks to get old.
godhugh
Forum Admin

Post by godhugh »

Only plans I have are to go to my Dad's and work on the wooden ship model (a Baltimore Clipper) we're building. Other then that, absolutely nothing.
To my Wife:

"Life's only life with you in this song" -Whistles the Wind, Flogging Molly

Not to my Wife:

- "When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for his life."
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

don't look in THIS direction! the big highlight of MY weekend would be deciding whether or not to roll left or right while on the couch...
He won. Period.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

I'm going up to Stamford CT for a gaming convention.
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
shaggydoug

Post by shaggydoug »

The annual suburban decorating the house with an excessive amount of blinking lights extravaganza.

Some call me Griswold.

- shaggy

edit - Forgot that dinner and the Rockettes Christmas show are tonight.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Friday: Hit my local bar. Haven't been in over a week and am approaching my record of 12 days. Have the Thanksgiving holiday and various "holiday" parties to thank for that. Bah. While there, shoot the shit, catch up with people.

Saturday: Early, play with the cats and spend quality time with the wife watching Slapshot. Then I think I promised to go with a friend to his friend's house and break in a new pool table. So that sometime in the afternoon. Probably will be done for by the time I leave and won't be good for anything but more drinking. Hepcat, if the couch gets too stressful, I'll buy you a beer or ten at my local.

Sunday: Troubleshoot a nasty draft/leak in the bedroom patio door. Probably have to hit Menard's to get sealant. Also have to price out some door locks. Catch the Lions and/or Bears games. While I'm at the hardware store I'll probably see something to buy to pimp out the kitty shelves so maybe do some work there too.

Nothing too exciting. But then "exciting" usually means pain in the ass so I'm happy with it.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Tonight: Wife working until 11 PM, so it's nothing but World of Warcraft for me 8)

Saturday: Mow the lawn, pack for upcoming move, WoW when pregnant wife gets tired and takes a nap

Sunday: Listen to the internet radio broadcast of the KC-Oakland game, then dinner at my parents house (which means copious amounts of good food and even better alcohol). More WoW after we return.

Can you tell I'm nursing a serious gaming addiction at the moment? :|
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
Saturday: Early, play with the cats and spend quality time with the wife watching Slapshot. Then I think I promised to go with a friend to his friend's house and break in a new pool table. So that sometime in the afternoon. Probably will be done for by the time I leave and won't be good for anything but more drinking. Hepcat, if the couch gets too stressful, I'll buy you a beer or ten at my local.
Thanks Beef (I can call you Beef, can't I....sorry, always wanted to say that), i'm still recovering from having to prepare the entire Thanksgiving feast on my own due to the inability of friends to understand gas stoves and ranges, and to fully comprehend the concept of basting. i've got spiderman 2 lined up along with some tivo'd shows, so i'm probably out for the count this weekend. i appreciate the offer and fully intend to grab you, GrievousA, and imLAWNboy (and any other Chicago/Illinois area folks) after the holidays for an evening out, if you're all up for it.
He won. Period.
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

Continuing my mystical journey through the world that is Warcraft.
Black Lives Matter
knob

Post by knob »

Friday: Work until 10:30, come home, sleep.

Saturday: Sit around until Sunday, possibly some WoW time in there.

Sunday: Work until 10:30, come home, sleep.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

If I don't get off these forums, I'm going to be here at work figuring out what my accomplishment list for 2004 should look like.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

The Meal wrote:If I don't get off these forums, I'm going to be here at work figuring out what my accomplishment list for 2004 should look like.

~Neal

Shouldn't answering all those questions count as an accomplishment?

Edit - crap, that's another question, innit? Wait, so was that! :D
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

You have the highest post count.
disarm

Post by disarm »

i'll be playing UT2K4 with the OO/CG guys on zaxxon's server tonight...and we still have room for more!

saturday...no plans yet, so i may just enjoy it as a lazy saturday at home.

sunday...driving from Indy to St. Louis for a residency interview at Washington U, then coming back monday afternoon.

damn...that really makes my weekend seem boring... :(
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

I have a fairly low key weekend planned with some sorely needed lounging time after a busy T-giving weekend and some minor dental surgery this past week (also The One will be out of town). Right now it's looking like this:

Fri night: Make a simple dinner, pay bills and listen to UVA-Auburn basketball game on radio, call the girl, watch a few more eps of Firefly on DVD, maybe play some "classic" Max Payne or Halo.

Sat: Upgrade PC (video card), watch Miami-VT college football, check out Doom 3 and KOTOR, probably grab Steam and download HL2 overnight.

Sun: HL2, laundry, phone calls, shopping, HL2.

Oh, and I might try to rent Spider-Man 2 (still haven't seen it) somewhere in there, if it's not all checked out.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Mop and wax the kitchen floor, pay bills, grocery shopping, and apply for a job. Otherwise, playing XCom.
gellar

Post by gellar »

Friday: Thought I was going to hang out with teh woman tonight, but I think she has a Law School party or somesuch. Seeing as how I'm allergic to lawyers, I will skip that and probably spend the night playing WoW with teh #gg homiez.

Saturday: USC/UCLA game viewing at my apartment. Then maybe teh Disneyland in the evening.

Sunday: Going to my parents place to wash teh car, change teh oil, and possibly wax teh car. I think my buddy wants to wax his new ride too, so I may need to assist him in that.

That is all.

gellar
OMGHI2U
"I guess we're all retarded except you Gellar." - Kobra
"I'm already doomed to the seventh level of hell. If you think I wouldn't kill a person of my choosing for $50 mil, you obviously have no clue just how expensive my taste in shoes really is." - setaside
#gonegold brutesquad
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

All men's miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone.

-Blaise Pascal
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Friday night: Probably nothing. Waiting to hear back from friends.

Saturday: Haven't made plans to make plans about making plans.

Sunday: Watch football.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

When I travel, I do all sorts of things and come back with all sorts of stories - friends and coworkers think I lead a wild life.

But when I'm home (which is mostly), I never do much of anything and I'm probably the most boring person I know. Last weekend I at least left the house on Saturday (mom's b-day was a month ago, but I got her tix to see Mamma Mia, which opened here last week).

Since the parts unexpectedly all arrived today; tomorrow I will be exercising my computer geek muscles all day. On my desktop, I'm going to replace the defeaning turbine engine over the CPU with a Zalman heat sink and noiseless fan. I'll then finally get to hear how loud the 6800GT is so I can then order a replacement fan for that. Then it's finally time to finish off the media server. This is Dell Poweredge 1300 one of my clients gave me - it has dual P3/450s, 512MB RAM, a Raid-5 array (4x18.4GB SCSI drives - I just finally got a 4th today from Overstock for $30). I then bought a firewire adapter and a firewire enclosure along with a 200 GB hard drive to store MP3s and whatever else. Then I'll install software (probably MusicMatch) on all of the PCs in the house and teach my sister, her kids, and my brother how to rip CDs and store them properly on the server.

Sunday, of course, is football day.
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

Saturday: Sit around until Sunday
lol
classic!

lol

friday: already a bust

saturday: hopefully going to see a band while consuming alcohol.

sunday: perhaps church, then watch football, maybe some cooking and cleaning, and then the Steelers play on Sunday Night Football :D
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

My wife gave my a scoped varmit gun for xmas early this year. I may sit on top of my mountain and shoot at the cows or something down in the valley.
It's the redneck version of cowtipping.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

dbt1949 wrote:My wife gave my a scoped varmit gun for xmas early this year. I may sit on top of my mountain and shoot at the cows or something down in the valley.
That's just lazytalk - unless you're taking bets on which way they fall.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Today I took my last class in Spanish 2 before the final (thank the lords) and got most of the raw material I needed to finish my audio project for one of my other classes (I also learned that my friends and I are not good people...I'll explain later probably once the project is finished). Then I beat KOTOR finally on the dark side...oh man that was cool.

Saturday I get up early and go to work. Only I'm not sure if I have to get there at 8 or 9 or what. Normally this isn't a big deal and I'll shoot to get there early and surf the net until my partner arrives and we can get to work. But this is the day that the higher ups decided to shut power down to the entire building, so I might just see what time I need to be there and go hang out at the gas station across the street drinking shitty coffee. I'll be working until 8 at night, so there goes my day (but I really need the money).

Sunday I'll do some work setting up my new fish tank, clean the house, watch football, and drive 40 minutes to the only alcohol store that sells Iron City Beer in my area. All so that I can watch the Steelers and the Jags on Sunday night football, just like my Dad used to...f***ed up on Iron City Beer :D
Two Sheds

Post by Two Sheds »

I plan to spend the weekend relaxing and doing as little as possible. It's been a long week.
Exrod

Post by Exrod »

Fri: Watched Prisoner of Azkaban with the wife. We never went to see it this summer because we agreed to see it together at the IMAX; with our move and the ensuing chaos we never made it to the show. Gonna finish the day with some Gothic 2 (awesome game).

Sat: AM - putting my hot tub back together. Had to replace the control pack. Ahhhh. Now that it is below freezing for the next 4 months in lovely Detroit it will be mega sweet to have the tub o' glorious heat running. BTW - it is in my office, it's good to be the king.
PM - Picking up Jow in Westland and heading over to my brother's casa for a mini 5 man LAN party. Probably Raven Shield and some Doom 3.

Sun: AM - church, praising the Lord.
PM - Off to the Orchard to cut down the family Christmas tree. Listen to the Cardinals defeat the Lions on the radio.
I shall observe the tenets of Rex Kwon Do
I shall respect Rex
I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
CSL

Post by CSL »

gellar

Post by gellar »

Man we've turned you into quite the alcoholic, haven't we Cecil?

gellar
OMGHI2U
"I guess we're all retarded except you Gellar." - Kobra
"I'm already doomed to the seventh level of hell. If you think I wouldn't kill a person of my choosing for $50 mil, you obviously have no clue just how expensive my taste in shoes really is." - setaside
#gonegold brutesquad
CSL

Post by CSL »

gellar wrote:Man we've turned you into quite the alcoholic, haven't we Cecil?

gellar
I am burgeoning!
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

I'm taking the wife to an Ethiopian restaurant and to see a Magnetic Fields show.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Random 'Jones' drink thing - I know a girl who had a picture on one of the flavors. If you've ever seen a Jones with some hot dogs grillin' on them, that'd be the photo my friend Angie took.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Exrod: I've been living in Plymouth for almost 2 years now and you still call it Westland. I know it was The Place To Be, but come on already. :)
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

I worked the dreaded late shift this weekend both Saturday and Sunday.
But that's all over now and...
I have this entire next week off!

I plan on playing about 10 games that I have reserved for this blissful week. But how many I actually play will probably be much less. Depends on how good the shows on the History Channel are this week. They've been having some decent Conspiracy and UFO shows on lately.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

dbt1949 wrote:My wife gave my a scoped varmit gun for xmas early this year. I may sit on top of my mountain and shoot at the cows or something down in the valley.
I thought you only shot at people?!?
What happen? Did the authorities finally get to you?
It's only sport if they can shoot back remember.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Mr. Sparkle

Post by Mr. Sparkle »

I saw Bill Maher Saturday night... S-a-t-u-r-d-a-y NIGHT.
My blog: Chimpanzee Tea Party

"Osama Bin Laden can suck my insouciance." -Kung Fu Monkey
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Boy, some online gaming friends. Running LAN parties and not even extending and invitation. If I had bought a laptop instead of upgrading my rig, I'd be pissed.
Aliasbuck

Post by Aliasbuck »

Hmm - let's see... I did this:

and this:

(I have a rough job, can you tell?)
Jow

Post by Jow »

Mortis: I lost track of ya after the session you came to at my old pad (read: I didn't do much on the forums for quite some time). If you're still interested, ship me your email address at jow_00@yahoo.com and I'll make sure you get an invite to the next one I host.
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

Depends on how good the shows on the History Channel are this week. They've been having some decent Conspiracy and UFO shows on lately.
Heh,
I've been watching a ton of History Channel lately.

Mostly 'Modern Marvels' and 'History Undercover' but also 'Last Secrets of the Axis' and 'Histories Mysteries'

...and to think history was my worst subject in high school :shock:
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"