Is customer service dead?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Octavious

Is customer service dead?

Post by Octavious »

Some of you might of read my tv thread. Well this one is much much worse. I swear everything I've done in the last few months just plain doesn't work out.

We ordered our wedding rings about 2 months ago from a local jewlery store. The order came in about 2 weeks and it turns out my ring is way too big. And my gf's ring isn't correctly done right. First they ignore my gf's ring and say it can't be perfect it's handmade and then they say they will reorder my ring in the right size.

Fine we'll figure out what to do with the one ring later let's at least make
sure the other one fits correctly. They say it will take about 3 weeks to reorder the right size. Three weeks comes and no call from the store. We give them a call and it turns out the girl we reordered from had a emergency and isn't around. Nobody friggen had actually sent the ring back out!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH

They try and make it right by saying they will overnight the right size and I'll have it on Thursday. Okay cool no biggie I'll come back on Thursday. So I walk in the store today ring came in it's the right size. And good news it's actually cheaper then the other ring before was.

Hmm I didn't understand so I call my gf and then have the lady explain. They forgot to specify that it's a MANS FRIGGEN RING!!!! So now a week before my wedding I have a lady's ring and they said there's no way for them to get the correct size in time..... I HATE FUCKING PEOPLE THEY ALL SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now were gona have to go back tomorrow when there's a manager present demand our friggen deposit back and then try and find a place that can get us a ring in 5 days!!! God I swear if they don't give me my 350 dollars back I'm gona jump over the counter and gut each one of them with a diamond ring!!!

In summary I should never order anything because people really really have no clue on how to do there jobs anymore. I'm gona go get drunk now. :cry:
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Oh and if anybody has any idea's of where I can get rings that quick please please please point me too it!!! I'm friggen desprate now!!! :(
WAW

Post by WAW »

Yes making large purchase now days and walking away not feeling ass raped is rare now. :(
You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton. I never saved anything for the swim back!
WW
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Octavious230 wrote:Oh and if anybody has any idea's of where I can get rings that quick please please please point me too it!!! I'm friggen desprate now!!! :(
I hear there's this guy down on Third Street that can get you cheap rings right away. Ask for Leon.

BTW, we didn't get our rings until a few weeks after our wedding. Then again, the only people at our wedding were us and two judges, so maybe it wasn't a big deal. 8)
RookieCAF

Post by RookieCAF »

Short awnser, 99% of the time Customer Service sucks.
~Rookie
My BF2 Stats
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Honestly to me I could care less about the rings we could get them 2 weeks afterwards and I would be fine. Problem is my gf doesn't feel the same way so in turn it's my problem... Sigh this really meant alot to her so I'm really really pissed at these people. They have a strict no return policy but I'll be damned if they don't give me my money back after this fiasco. :roll:
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

This isn't a knock against you Octavious, so don't mind me, I'm going to
state my own personal shopping do's and do not's.

1. I have NEVER bought a major purchase of electronic gear online.
This means I will not and won't EVER buy a tv, plasma screen, or stereo component and have it shipped to me. Why? Because I know way too much about shipping practices to trust that it would make it to me without being broken/damaged/lost in shipping.

2. When I buy something in any store I make sure that it's what I want, that's it's perfect in every way, no open box, and that it's not going to be returned unless I get it back to my home and it's DOA. I HATE returning anything to a store unless it's 100% necessary.

3. I never send my wife to buy something for me unless I can explain what it is EXACTLY, maybe even giving her a picture of the specific item. and making sure she knows EXACTLY what it is that she's bringing back. Once again, Rule #2 - I HATE RETURNS.

Octavious, on your ring situation; Try and be as nice and diplomatic as possible before turning into mean and angry customer. As the saying goes "You get more with honey than vinegar". Good Luck!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Oh trust me I learned my lesson about buying expensive stuff online heh. Never again!!! As for the rings though they almost always have to order them unless by some miricle they have both your sizes. So you really don't have much of a choice but to hope for the best.

I've worked in customer service for almost 10 years now in one way or another so I know not to go nuts. God knows I really really really would love to at this point but I won't. I WILL get my money back no matter how long it takes though. There's no way somebodys gona screw me over that much and still keep 350 bucks.

It's just sad that at this point I pretty much don't trust a soul anymore. Doesn't matter how nice you are I'm not going to trust you. I've gotten screwed over way to many times recently in various things by "Nice" people and frankly that's not going to happen anymore. It's sad but almost anyone now will sell there Grandma to make a quick buck. :(
MHS

Post by MHS »

Octavious230 wrote:As for the rings though they almost always have to order them unless by some miricle they have both your sizes. So you really don't have much of a choice but to hope for the best.
What kind of rings are you getting? Because most of the time, unless they're channel set with diamonds or other stones, they can size the ring in the store, or by a jeweler, which takes all of about 15 minutes.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well the problem is that the rings they actually ordered is very thin because they didn't order a mans size. 4mm vrs 5mm so resizing isn't a option it just isn't the right one. Were going to have to find a completly diffrent set of rings and hope they actually have them in stock. I did find one site online that looks promising. But I really really don't think that's a good idea because I don't want to spend so much money on something online with my recent experiences.

I'm sure I'll get it figured out I always do but god it's not that hard to order a friggen ring. Size and type that's it people!!! ARRRRR :roll:
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

Octavious230 wrote:ARRRRR
Bad customer service turns people into pirates.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

ARRRR well this here pirate now has his rings!!! Yippie!! Ordered online with overnight delivery to my work and got it no problem. Fits pretty well might be a bit loose but I'm not complaining!! Damn I"m never getting married again this stuff is killing me!!! :? :D