Is lunacy congenital in the Heinz family?

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Tareeq

Is lunacy congenital in the Heinz family?

Post by Tareeq »

This is the kind of crap I expect to read in the OO Religion & Politics forum, not from a member of the prospective first family.
Heinz accused Kerry's opponents - 'our enemies' - of making the race dirty. 'We didn't start out with negative ads calling George Bush a cokehead,' he said, before adding, 'I'll do it now.' Asked later about it, Heinz said, 'I have no evidence. He never sold me anything."
Heinz also reminded writer Sasha Issenberg of Pat Buchanan by saying, "One of the things I've noticed is the Israel lobby - the treatment of Israel as the 51st state, sort of a swing state." Buchanan was blasted as an anti-Semite years ago when he cited Israel's "amen corner" in Congress.
Perhaps it comes from the Mozambican side of the family.

If Kerry is elected, does that mean I can start getting my daily weirdness directly from the newspapers?
CSL

Post by CSL »

Well at least our late night comedians will have plenty of material if we get a Kerry win.
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Love the new avatar CSL!
Poleaxe

Post by Poleaxe »

A Kerry presidency will be interesting.

Looking at how few people actually support Kerry (as opposed to hate Bush), he has the potential to be the most disliked president in years. He will more than likely facing a repub majority in both houses. If the economy is as bad as democrats here say it is, we all know that a president is limited in what he can do to fix it. If he stays the course in Iraq, he'll piss off the far left. If Iraq goes to hell, he'll take part of the blame. And if it does go badly, it sets up a republican return to the white house in 08 without having to face Hillary.
geezer

Post by geezer »

Poleaxe wrote:A Kerry presidency will be interesting.

Looking at how few people actually support Kerry (as opposed to hate Bush), he has the potential to be the most disliked president in years. He will more than likely facing a repub majority in both houses. If the economy is as bad as democrats here say it is, we all know that a president is limited in what he can do to fix it. If he stays the course in Iraq, he'll piss off the far left. If Iraq goes to hell, he'll take part of the blame. And if it does go badly, it sets up a republican return to the white house in 08 without having to face Hillary.
I think there's a lot of truth here. The next president -- whomever it is - has the potential to see a TON of things go bad on his watch. I think eventually history is not going to be kind to the winner of this election due largely to reasons beyond his control.