Election Night Cheat Sheet

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

triggercut

Election Night Cheat Sheet

Post by triggercut »

Shamelessly posted by moi, although I originally got this from a thread started by Jason McCullough at Qt3. Definitely worth sharing, I thought.

Cheatsheet Here.

A caveat: this is from a left-leaning blog. If you're a conservative, you want to play opposite day while reading it (if the analyst says "that's really good news", substitute "that's really bad news"). I still think the analysis is pretty spot on.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Poleaxe

Post by Poleaxe »

Man, can you even imagine a 269-269 tie? But better the House of Reps than the lawyers.
The Mad Hatter

Post by The Mad Hatter »

Poleaxe wrote:Man, can you even imagine a 269-269 tie? But better the House of Reps than the lawyers.
Better the House of Reps if you're a Republican, anyway.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell
Austin

Post by Austin »

The Mad Hatter wrote:
Poleaxe wrote:Man, can you even imagine a 269-269 tie? But better the House of Reps than the lawyers.
;)
Poleaxe

Post by Poleaxe »

The Mad Hatter wrote:
Better for the republic as well. Going to the house of reps is a constitutional process. Going to the lawyers (which is inevitable, btw) is a quagmire of voter fraud, supposed voter fraud, and possible voter fraud. The lawyers will look for legal solutions to the realities of balloting 180 million people. The media will examine and highlight it in ways that will separate us by class and race- because that is the sexy story.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Last edited by Defiant on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Last edited by Defiant on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pointer

Post by Pointer »

Thanks for that Trig, that is a really interesting read. I am in the UK and really don't think that I will be able to stay up that late to watch it. I may well Sky+ (Tivo) it though and watch it the next morning on my day off. The only trick will be avoiding the result!

Pointer
Poleaxe

Post by Poleaxe »

Nade wrote:
Poleaxe wrote: Better for the republic as well. Going to the house of reps is a constitutional process.
So is the judicial system.
Yes, but one more layer removed from the people. And let's be honest, it was provided for that in the event of a tie that the HoR would decide- not that an army of lawyers would descend on battleground states to challenge every ballot.
Crabbs

Post by Crabbs »

Heh isn't the majority% of our government Lawyers anyway, so how is this better than the Lawyers :wink:
'The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.'
- Bertrand Russell -

Wii # 2042 8377 5645 6582

The Rainbow's Reward

Olivia's Big Adventure