How are YOU going to be monitoring Election Day?

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Pointer

How are YOU going to be monitoring Election Day?

Post by Pointer »

Hi guys,

I am a political junkie and as I live in the UK will probably being staying up LATE Tuesday night/Wednesday morning to watch the election coverage on the BBC whilst simultaneously surfing the web getting information from CNN and the BBC website.

How will you be seeing how things are going? Will you be working and surfing the net? Will you watch the coverage as soon as you get home from work? Or maybe you will just catch a bulletin declaring the winner?

Pointer

P.S. I am guessing that as I am posting this in the R&P forum most people will be monitoring it fairly closely but I am interested HOW people will be monitoring it in the information age.
Faldarian

Post by Faldarian »

I plan on voting after taking my daughter to school in the morning, and then I have some election-related volunteer work that I'll probably be doing for most of the day after that.

I'll watch CNN later at night to keep up, but I doubt I'll read these boards or the internet at all regarding the election until Nov. 3rd. There's enough anger and fighting going on pre-election that I don't really want to be part of that on the day where it comes to a head... I'll just sit it out and maybe watch some TV to keep track, and worry about it the next day when most of the votes are accounted for.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Last edited by Defiant on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I've got the day off so I'll vote early, then probably get some gaming in. Later in the day I've got class, but I'll try to see if I can get excused so I can watch the Daily Show coverage which should be entertaining. ;)
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

The Daily Show. ;)

Seriously, that's what I'll have on TV, but I'll probably also be here, checking CNN.com, and flipping the channel during the commercial breaks.

I figure between those avenues, somebody's gonna get it right. I just hope it's not Jon Stewart...

- Ash
durwoodx

Post by durwoodx »

I personally will be monitoring the beer level in my fridge.

Just let it be over.
Gaming Addict and Proud!!!
WAW

Post by WAW »

I'm going to vote. Than go see SAW or Team America. Rent or buy more movies and basically cut myself off from all news from 4:00pm on. Tape the Daily show. Around midnight I'll have a very stiff drink and turn on the news. And maybe hit the web. If my side wins I'll post something nasty in the gloating thread I was going to start in the afternoon. :twisted:
You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton. I never saved anything for the swim back!
WW
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

I'm going to play Diablo all day and try to forget I have an internet connection. There might be beer involved.
If I ventured in the slipstream / between the viaducts of your dream

aka merneith, aka kylhwch
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I'll be watching Russert. His excitement over crunching electoral numbers is downright infectious.

And is Cokie Roberts still on the air? Because I really want to see her head explode when Bush wins.
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

I'll be up late that night also, Pointer. Unfortunately, I'll be working. :)

I will have access to the internet and a TV (running both UK and American programming). I'm really curious to see what kind of spin the BBC, ITV, Sky, et al put on the election results.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Most likely someone on City of Heroes will broadcast the winner.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Don't delude yourself into thinking we'll have concrete, uncontested results on Wednesday morning.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
The Mad Hatter

Post by The Mad Hatter »

I have my commie class Tuesday night but I'll skip out at the break to go home. I'll check between tv and internet sites.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell
khomotso

Post by khomotso »

CourtTV
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

well, up to 4 pm I'll have internet access but I'm sure I'll miss all the good stuff since we just moved into a new place and don't have cable yet :evil:
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Flatlander

Post by Flatlander »

After being bombarded by dirty campaign commercials, yard signs, non-stop party line spouting pundits on the news channels, recorded phone messages featuring everyone from Rudy Guliani to Laura Bush encouraging me to vote a straight Republican ticket, fear mongering hyperbole from both sides, and Osama Bin Laden encouraging me to "vote or die", I'm going to avoid election night coverage completely.

I'll spend tuesday night sitting in front of the TV watching the zombie apocalypse engulf the world in Dawn of the Dead 2004. That way no matter what the results are wednesday morning, at least I'll be able to shrug, say to myself "meh, I guess it could be worse" and get on with life.
Hetz

Post by Hetz »

I already voted, but I will be watching the results on TV and the internet.

I will be watching the Drudge Report website to see his reaction to the Kerry victory. It should be awesome! :lol:
Eco-Logic

Post by Eco-Logic »

Is Russert on NBC on election night? I only have 13 channels so I'm hoping he is. I can't stomach Jennings or Rather.

I know Russert is normally on MSNBC right?
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I play NTN trivia on Tuesday nights so I won't be watching the election. I might turn on the TV after I get home, or I might just wait for Wednesday's newspaper.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I'll find out Wednesday morning.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

The same way I did 4 years ago. Over the internet.
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

I think I'm going to monitor the election by avoiding it at all costs. I'm hoping to go to a movie theater tomorrow and wasting the day away sneaking into movie after movie until the theater closes.
What will probably happen is that I spend all day in #gg or finishing up my Chapbook.
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

My assumption is that Scurbs won't be on in favor of non stop election coverage, so I am likely to either rent/buy a movie, hit the bar, or go to sleep. No matter my decision, I hear about it in the morning on the radio on the drive to work. No matter who wins, there will be a part of me that sadly on the next four years and a much smaller part of me that is in a some tiny way happy that candidate x won and that his strengths will have been better than the strengths of his opponent. That tiny part will be suffocated by the pessimist in me almost immidieately.
godhugh
Forum Admin

Post by godhugh »

I'll be stuck to my TV pretty much all night I imagine.
To my Wife:

"Life's only life with you in this song" -Whistles the Wind, Flogging Molly

Not to my Wife:

- "When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for his life."
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

From the safety of a bunker after arming the claymores and checking my supply of food, water and ammunition...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

Where ever the Valium takes me.

Snoring on the sofa is highly probable.
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

I'll be searching on the bottom of a vodka bottle. Alcohol hasn't been wrong yet!!
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

election night is the only time of the year where i have the TV on constantly.
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

If there ever was a time for a CivIII binge, now is that time.

Fucking Egyptians, how dare you take my fledging city that is connected to all those gems. Damn you and your superior culture! FEEL THE MIGHT OF THE CHINESE EMPIRE. We may be small, and on two islands (one of which is thick jungle), but we are powerful in military and in putting boots into asses.

我将踢您该死的屁股!!!
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Eduardo X wrote:I think I'm going to monitor the election by avoiding it at all costs. I'm hoping to go to a movie theater tomorrow and wasting the day away sneaking into movie after movie until the theater closes.
What will probably happen is that I spend all day in #gg or finishing up my Chapbook.
Get a job.