RIP Carl Weathers

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Anonymous Bosch

RIP Carl Weathers

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

RIP Carl Weathers:
variety.com wrote:Carl Weathers, ‘Rocky’s’ Apollo Creed and ‘Mandalorian’ Actor, Dies at 76

Enlarge Image

Carl Weathers, who starred as Apollo Creed in the first four “Rocky” films opposite Sylvester Stallone, died Thursday, his manager Matt Luber confirmed to Variety. He was 76.

Weathers also starred in 1987’s “Predator” and had a memorable role in Adam Sandler’s “Happy Gilmore.” He was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series for his work in the “Star Wars” series “The Mandalorian.”

He voiced Combat Carl in “Toy Story 4” and played a fictionalized version of himself in a recurring role on “Arrested Development.” His other credits include the TV series “Street Justice,” “Colony,” “The Shield,” “Chicago Justice” and “Brothers,” and the films “Close Encounters of the Third Kind,” “Death Hunt” and “The Comebacks.”

After working with Sandler on the 1996 golf comedy “Happy Gilmore,” Weathers briefly reprised his role in “Little Nicky” and voiced a character in Sandler’s animated Hanukkah comedy “Eight Crazy Nights.”
Last edited by Anonymous Bosch on Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
hepcat

Re: RIP Carl Weathers

Post by hepcat »

Ah dammit. We've lost a national goddamn treasure. RIP to one of the greats. :(

He won. Period.
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Really enjoyed him as an actor.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I just saw him in that stupid Gronk commercial. Damn. I always loved Carl Weathers. RIP, Champ.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Everyone goes sometime. He was always cool in every role.. You just never know when. RIP.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Montag

Post by Montag »

There is no tomorrow.
words
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I didn't know anything of his personality but I did like his acting.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Awww. :( RIP

That was quite an entrance in Predator. I think everyone in the theater took a breath at that.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.