The Beekeeper

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Brian

The Beekeeper

Post by Brian »

Pretty much what you would expect from a Jason Statham movie. It was a non-stop action romp from start to finish built around a somewhat rickety premise.

The shadowy-organization-outside-the-rule-of-government-agencies trope is no longer a dead horse at this point as it has now been beaten into a thin slurry.

This movie has Statham John Wicking his way further and further up the chain of corruption that, to court the clickbaiters, you wont believe how high this goes!!

Still, it was a decent enough way to satisfy an action moviegoers time with only a few sketchy CGI sequences and nonsensical contrivances.

I give it 6.5 out of 8 tentacles.
Last edited by Brian on Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Sudy

Re: The Beekeeper

Post by Sudy »

I can't believe this isn't a parody. The trailer is so serious it's hilarious... the ultra-dramatic Head Like a Hole remix ties it all together. :lol: The moody shots of the ludicrously gaudy interior of the office building remind me of the worst corny 90s action films.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

They really hammered the whole "beekeeper" thing. By halfway through the movie, my eyes were starting to hurt from rolling. But it was Jason being Jason, so it still offered some entertainment. A good movie it was not though. :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Somehow, I would have thought a movie about a beekeeper would be far more laid back.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sweet!
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Rumpy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:21 pm Somehow, I would have thought a movie about a beekeeper would be far more laid back.
They killed his bees!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:46 pm
Rumpy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:21 pm Somehow, I would have thought a movie about a beekeeper would be far more laid back.
They killed his bees!
Sure, I'm sure that stings. It's just that as a title it doesn't come across as being an action movie. :D
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Beevenge: The Beekeeper 2
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Sometimes you look at a movie trailer and you have to wonder if someone is just effing with you.
He won. Period.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I was more interested when I thought Statham was just an ordinary beekeeper who decided to exact justice on the system for some slight like getting foreclosed on his property or a rich asshole neighbor complaining to the zoning board.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

$iljanus wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:12 pm I was more interested when I thought Statham was just an ordinary beekeeper who decided to exact justice on the system for some slight like getting foreclosed on his property or a rich asshole neighbor complaining to the zoning board.
Yeah, like a guy who just wants to retire and tend to his bees, but keeps getting interrupted by stupid legislations, forcing him to go to the legal system to win his right

There was a movie I saw recently that was like that, about a farmer that was accused of using their GMO seeds illegally, fought them in court and won.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

What's next? A movie about an accountant who's also a hit man.

...oh..wait...what?
He won. Period.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

BEEn There, Done That: Beekeeper 3
BEEn a Long Time Since Beekeeper 1: Beekeeper XIV
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:15 pm What's next? A movie about an accountant who's also a hit man.

...oh..wait...what?
I kinda liked that movie :pop:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?