Elden Ring

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Scraper

Re: Elden Ring

Post by Scraper »

AWS260 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:53 am Found the Windmill Village last night. That place is creepy as heck.
If you're talking about the one with all the dancing women, then that place is really good for quick leveling early on. You can go up and down the path between the houses and get about 3K per run.
FTE
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

The long awaited expansion is coming June 21!

Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I have been reading up on the upcoming DLC. Apparently you access the new area by touching a limb of a later game boss. I have already beaten him, so hopefully will not have to do so again. I plan on re-installing/firing up the game about a week in advance to get back into the swing. They say you need a character between level 120 - 150. I think my character was about level 297, so I am hoping to scrape by with my sub-optimal skills.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I friggin' started a new game plus so I lost all my progression. From what I've read, I'm better off starting a fresh character as trying to use my new game plus character may result in some balance issues in the new areas. :x
Now depoliticized.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Crap, it looks like I lost my save. It was on my son's PS4 which will not power up. So I started a character from scratch, but one thing I know is how to farm exp. I'm up to level 40 and still cranking. I want to see how far I can get without fighting any bosses.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:lol:
Now depoliticized.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Jesus, this game is enormous. I feel like I've been playing for ages and I've just made it to the Mountaintops of Giants.

I feel like I'm finally starting to understand the outlines of the world - which demigod is which, how the major characters relate to each other. I do not think I would want to live here.

Most fun fight so far:
Spoiler:
Rykard, below Volcano Manor. It wasn't a particularly tough fight, since I had cooperators to split the boss's attention. But it was a lot of fun to just shoot spear-lasers at the boss the entire time. Such a change of pace from the fights I've been having. Also, the cutscene when he changes form is great.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:09 pm Crap, it looks like I lost my save. It was on my son's PS4 which will not power up. So I started a character from scratch, but one thing I know is how to farm exp. I'm up to level 40 and still cranking. I want to see how far I can get without fighting any bosses.
If you have PS+ it might have automatically uploaded the save to the cloud and you can then download it to your other system.
FTE
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Scraper wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:24 am
Jaymann wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:09 pm Crap, it looks like I lost my save. It was on my son's PS4 which will not power up. So I started a character from scratch, but one thing I know is how to farm exp. I'm up to level 40 and still cranking. I want to see how far I can get without fighting any bosses.
If you have PS+ it might have automatically uploaded the save to the cloud and you can then download it to your other system.
Yeah I tried to check that and it tried to force me to subscribe to PS+. I'm not going to do that just to see if my save is there. Anyway my new character is level 77 and I just beat Margit. :)
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Up to level 100 now and have killed about 10 bosses. I have the best weapons that don't require a boss kill (worth searching for). I also discovered a neat trick. In order to cast an arcane spell you need to have a catalyst in your shield slot. I have a spell that imbues your weapon with blood loss, but also a nice shield with shield bash. I found that if you equip the catalyst, then cast the spell, you can switch to your shield and the weapon stays imbued. It still only lasts for a couple minutes, but makes me a happy camper. 8-)
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Here is a 50 minute preview (with spoiler warnings) of the upcoming DLC. Kung Fu! Throw weapons! Dogs and cats living together! Also you can play hardcore or use in game items to lower difficulty.

Meanwhile I am up to level 177 and owning lesser dungeons. Still struggle with main bosses. I figure I will need to get all stats to level 99 or as close to it as possible to have a chance in the DLC.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter