2024 Fundraising - $1102 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

[WW-Monty Python]Remus' first game - END ENGLISH WIN

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Chaosraven wrote:
Yes it was a Silly Trick to lure out the ones who feel the need to point out how many bad guys there are... often they are the bad guys themselves.
guess I should have let someone else point out your tricky error but since I was about the only one on line at the time I guess I fell victim.

After I verified it was 3 I then thought it could be a ploy on your part to look English.

But enough on that for now. I'll check this in the morning and see what is happening and then cast my vote.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Yeah thats everyone Chaos, but pr0ner has been minimalistic in this game so far.. Im watching him!
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

1. Mr Bubbles - Chaosraven
2. UsulofDoom
3. pr0ner
4. ChrisGrenard
5. Cesare - Dead
6. Kelric - Mr Bubbles
7. brettmcd - Grundbegriff
8. ArmyOfOne
9. Lassr
10. ezmate
11. Orinoco
12. PR_GMR - Mr Bubbles
13. Chaosraven - Lassr
14. Grundbegriff
15. Kraegor
16. Ralph-Wiggum - Chaosraven

If I have not missed any the votes stand at:
Mr Bubbles - 2
Chaosraven - 2
Lassr - 1
Grundbegriff - 1

Currently 15 players majority is 8.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Yeah thats everyone Chaos, but pr0ner has been minimalistic in this game so far.. Im watching him!
We know how that worked out for him in the last game.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus, Question: Since all the games I played before had only 2 bad guys and this one has 3, do the bad guys all have to agree on the one they kill or is it a majority, 2 of the 3 have to agree?

Just curious. Because if one hasn't been active at OO at all he could still be a Frechy since it would only take the other 2 to be active.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

For now changing my vote to Armyofone
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

Mr Bubbles wrote:For now changing my vote to Armyofone
You can change your vote all you want, frenchie. I know who you are!

(PR goes off to eat some arroz con habichuelas.)
Follow me as I make films at: xterminatingangel.com
"Don't waste your time or time will waste you."--Muse, 'Knights Of Cydonia'
Fear the Wiki!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:Remus, Question: Since all the games I played before had only 2 bad guys and this one has 3, do the bad guys all have to agree on the one they kill or is it a majority, 2 of the 3 have to agree?

Just curious. Because if one hasn't been active at OO at all he could still be a Frechy since it would only take the other 2 to be active.
Majority rules. 2 French choosing the same player kills him, they do not need a consensus.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

How about a spot of Spurious Logic based on who died and who didn't die on the first night for some Random Accusations?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Kelric wrote:The killing of Cesare seems to me to be an attempt to 1) remove a good player and 2) frame me. This move seems like it comes from someone who has played several games that have held Cesare and I. Such as the last game.

Mr. Bubbles and Grund are my prime suspects.
Starting with the Game Opener.

14 minutes after Cesare is found, Kelric leads the way.
I refer you to 2) frame me.

It strikes me odd that the Instantaneous Response of the Guy who May be Blamed based on Prior Games is the STANDARD cry of IT CAN'T BE ME, I'M BEING FRAMED.

So an immediate defense looks extra suspicious.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Chaosraven wrote:
Kelric wrote:The killing of Cesare seems to me to be an attempt to 1) remove a good player and 2) frame me. This move seems like it comes from someone who has played several games that have held Cesare and I. Such as the last game.

2) frame me.

It strikes me odd that the Instantaneous Response of the Guy who May be Blamed based on Prior Games is the STANDARD cry of IT CAN'T BE ME, I'M BEING FRAMED.

Yea, that struck me as odd also. I'm leaning toward Army of One since he hasn't been around, but Kelric also smells of BO & perfume.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Kelric wrote:stuff
response to stuff
Although the 3 minute window it took to read and respond to Kelric is also rather small...

A pair of partners (out of a Trio, yes) trying to establish a public rivalry?
So if the Fit hits the Shan and one of them is Exposed upon Death to be Bearing the Croissant then the other has a post to point back to wherein they said J'Accuse?

By that standard it may just be Kelric, Mr Bubbles, and Grundbegriff based on the first post.

Two bickering brothers and a public silly who posts everything in french?

By the standard that it's so ridiculous nobody would expect it, these three are smart enough to use just such an obvious yet sneaky ploy.

But I think keeping an eye on the Kelric/Mr Bubbles dynamic is important.

Mr Bubbles seems to be a more active player when a bad guy.
Kelric is too active this early for his usual bad guy behavior... you would expect to see him louder later.

Grund has no actual stats to post just yet, as his vulcan mind is ruled by logic. So his posts aren't suspicious to me YET
"Where are you off to?"

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

yeah he's supposedly innocent and asks me to prove Im not French. Coming off pretty strong there. I think he might be playing the hiding in plain sight stratagy. Im sticking with my pick at the moment, because I honestly believe the silents work against you more then the enemy. I will be here the entire game to give my feedback, but unless we have everyone participating then we are working uphill.
Bertrand Russell
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Chaosraven wrote:
By that standard it may just be Kelric, Mr Bubbles, and Grundbegriff based on the first post.

By the standard that it's so ridiculous nobody would expect it, these three are smart enough to use just such an obvious yet sneaky ploy.

Or you could be presenting alternative theories to muddy the waters. You kill me.. You find out Im innocent. Plain and simple. Kill me if you must, but you'll be sorely disappointed in your outcome. The idea is nice, but off base. It would be way too easy for the innocent if this was true. I highly doubt the French would do something so bold at this early stage in the game.
Bertrand Russell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

ezmate wrote:I say we pick off the least involved (even if it turns out to be me).
If we have 2 vocal and One Silent French, my Euros are on EZMATE as the silent partner, for the record.

Thsi would allow his partners to Agree in Public with eliminating silent Players but as it is something HE is in favor of (including HIMSELF, you will note) it puts him staunchly in the Good Guy Column. Tactic: Sneaky Groundwork Laid Here
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:standard random tripe
Or you could be presenting alternative theories to muddy the waters.
I ALWAYS present alternative theories... where have you been? :wink:

For that matter... PR_GMR seems to be following you pretty closely through the first few pages...

A couple of French Men PMing each other with a Public Ploy?

Or is it A Stalking of Mr Bubbles... PR_GMR, what is your Bubblicious Fixation?

(YES, BOLD IS A VOTE... I ACCUSE PR_GMR)
"Where are you off to?"

Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Lassr wrote:Remus, Question: Since all the games I played before had only 2 bad guys and this one has 3, do the bad guys all have to agree on the one they kill or is it a majority, 2 of the 3 have to agree?

I know Remus already answered, but I just wanted to add in that in my past experience (PAST, experience) as a bad guy, the baddies generally have one player act as the go between for them to whomever is running the game. I admit I tend to try and take over that role. It's only cause I'm better than all of you, really. Sorry.
Chaosraven wrote:

Mr. Bubbles and Grund are my prime suspects.
Starting with the Game Opener.

14 minutes after Cesare is found, Kelric leads the way.
I refer you to 2) frame me.

Honestly, I really saw it as a frame on myself. I've killed off Cesare in the past and last game I almost recruited him to the bad guys. Turned out he enabled my victory last time, so why would I want to get rid of him this time? 'To make yourself look innocent, of course!' some would say. They'd be wrong. I am innocent. Anyways, a frame of me was the first thought that came into my head upon seeing his death. And the fact that I posted 14 minutes after Remus is nothing special, I post on OO a lot if you hadn't noticed.
Chaosraven wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Kelric wrote:stuff
response to stuff
Although the 3 minute window it took to read and respond to Kelric is also rather small...

A pair of partners (out of a Trio, yes) trying to establish a public rivalry?
So if the Fit hits the Shan and one of them is Exposed upon Death to be Bearing the Croissant then the other has a post to point back to wherein they said J'Accuse?

I think it'd be too much of a coincidence that both Bubbles and myself are bad guys again after the last game. At best it's only one of us and that one isn't me.
There's something I don't get accused of every day.

Mr Bubbles seems to be a more active player when a bad guy.
Kelric is too active this early for his usual bad guy behavior... you would expect to see him louder later.
Good point.

I can say with certainty that I have no proof that Bubbles is French. I also have no proof that he isn't. If I find anything out, I'll run straight to you guys and let you know.

And why is Chaosraven posting so quickly after Bubbles, hmmmm? :P
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

and Grund speaking french still smells of the hiding in plain sight strategy.

Look I'm speaking French, if I was really French I wouldn't be doing that.

I'm going to cast a vote here soon, I'm just flipping my mental coin at the moment.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Kelric wrote:And why is Chaosraven posting so quickly after Bubbles, hmmmm? :P
You guys are just interrupting my thought process... I hit submit and rather than editing post another random thought.

And just by RESPONDING to you *I*m going to be suspicious :twisted:
"Where are you off to?"

Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I withdraw my vote for Bubbles and change it to Chaosraven. He seems awfully quick to think everybody can be French and is casting suspicions on a lot of different people not named Chaosraven.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

chaosraven random suspect list wrote: 2. UsulofDoom - too quiet

3. pr0ner - too quiet

4. ChrisGrenard - hasn't named a soldier chaosraven yet

7. brettmcd - accused Grund. We need Grund. Unless Grund is French.

8. ArmyOfOne - too quiet

10. ezmate - WARNING BELLS GOING OFF

11. Orinoco - too quiet

12. PR_GMR - fixated on one player

15. Kraegor - I want revenge for getting burned in the Thing Game

16. Ralph-Wiggum - Accuses me too often.
Make whatever you will of the names I left off of this Version.

Except mine. I *know* I'm suspicous, as do the rest of you... but only 4 of us in this game know the REAL TRUTH. Well... 3 of them know I'm not French, and the rest of you guys with Names know which one I'm not...
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Kelric wrote:I withdraw my vote for Bubbles and change it to Chaosraven. He seems awfully quick to think everybody can be French and is casting suspicions on a lot of different people not named Chaosraven.
I will change my vote to chaosraven again after PR-GMR explains himself.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Night Post:

Mr Bubbles 3
PR_GMR 3
UsulofDoom 2
pr0ner 1
Lassr 1
Kelric 1
Ralph 1
Grund 1
Orinoco 1
Kraegor 1
ezmate 1

silent before day: ChrisGrenard, brettmcd, ArmyofOne, Chaosraven

Day Post (to this point)
Chaosraven 17
Mr Bubbles 9
Lassr 8
ChrisG 5
Kelric 4
PR_GMR 3
Kraegor 2
Ralph 2
ezmate 2
Grund 1
Brett 1

silent so far during the day: UsulofDoom, pr0ner, ArmyofOne, Orinoco

ArmyofOne has no post since game started. All others have posted at least once during night or day.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

A couple of items that caught my attention:

Mr Bubbles will post a retaliatory vote against me, but didn't against Kelric or PR_GMR when those votes came first, and he responded to them. Why?

Mr Bubbles has noted that ArmyOfOne is MIA, and makes a point to keep his eye on pr0ner with minimal presence... but brettmcd, Orinoco also have one post since game start. Grund and Usul have 2. Why pr0ner?

And FIVE times is the Coincidental Overlap of Quoting each other, Responding to Each other, or Posting right next to each other for the PR_GMR Bubbles thing.

Yes, these are all focused on Mr Bubbles, based only on the amount of posts so far.
"Where are you off to?"

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

"Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne
Blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone."
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Ok, I understand I'll get hung cuz I can't shut up.

You do know they'll hang you cuz they can't understand what yer sayin', right?
"Where are you off to?"

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Chaosraven wrote: Mr Bubbles will post a retaliatory vote against me, but didn't against Kelric or PR_GMR when those votes came first, and he responded to them. Why?

Mr Bubbles has noted that ArmyOfOne is MIA, and makes a point to keep his eye on pr0ner with minimal presence... but brettmcd, Orinoco also have one post since game start. Grund and Usul have 2. Why pr0ner?

I was going with either Mr. Bubbles or ezmate. For now I will vote Mr. Bubbles
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

In all the games I've played, at least one "kill the quiet guy" lynching has occured (and usually more than one as the game goes on). As far as I can remember, that strategy has never gotten a bad guy.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Grundbegriff wrote:"Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne
Blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone."
I'm a bit baffled by your strategy. Frenchie hiding in plain sight or English villager taunting his fellow countrymen. :ninja:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Chaosraven wrote:You do know they'll hang you cuz they can't understand what yer sayin', right?
Mais je m'en fiche, en tout cas....
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:In all the games I've played, at least one "kill the quiet guy" lynching has occured (and usually more than one as the game goes on). As far as I can remember, that strategy has never gotten a bad guy.
I agree and that's why I didn't go that route this time. I think that's the trend because they are not helping the good guys either other than the fact that they are alive.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:In all the games I've played, at least one "kill the quiet guy" lynching has occured (and usually more than one as the game goes on). As far as I can remember, that strategy has never gotten a bad guy.
To my POV it's a cross between THREAT to PARTICIPATE as the Lack of Participation hurts the good guys and actively Pruning the Bush of the Dead Weight.

But as a Threat it helps to provide some form of info based on what people post. Even silly posting is evidence. Some way to make all players vote each round would be good too.

I know of at least a couple games where the Quieter Players were indeed Bad Guys... and they were hiding among the ones who got killed.

My theory based on three bad guys is One Vocal (very), One Vocal (limited and wishy washy, often contrary to former), One Quiet (though not always MIA).
"Where are you off to?"

Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Okay, anyone else ready to lynch Grund because of the language thing?
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Look at the last Padre game. Caine's lack of participation really hurt the game. Look at some of the commentaries after the game were over. I am convinced that a non participating member is just as dangerous as a Frenchie. Thats why I pointed out Army. Its pretty much been a common theme in a couple games. So call it what you will, but I do believe non participating members are just as dangerous and they can be pointed out.

And for those voting for me.. Tools.. the whole lot of you. There are several people shooting for me. Im an easy target which benifits the French greatly. I am not guilty of being French or am I of being any special roled player. Kill me if you must. I suggest you do. Then when you find Im innocent use all the leads for the people gunning against me to develop some patterns that the French used to manipulate the situation. Long live the King.
Bertrand Russell
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:You do know they'll hang you cuz they can't understand what yer sayin', right?
Mais je m'en fiche, en tout cas....
Of course you care.
Bertrand Russell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Actually I think there's still only two votes for you.

Mr Bubbles (2) PR_GMR, Lassr
Chaosraven (2) Ralph-Wiggum, Kelric
Grundbegriff (1) brettmcd
ArmyOfOne (1) Mr Bubbles
PR_GMR (1) Chaosraven

8 votes uncast
"Where are you off to?"

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Kelric wrote:Okay, anyone else ready to lynch Grund because of the language thing?
Yes.

Grundbegriff
Hodor.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

SPAM deleted by ImLawBoy
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Hmmm. I think I have an idea what Grund is.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Pretend for a moment that Grund is trying to provoke us into voting for him...
"Where are you off to?"